PDA

View Full Version : Watched Jenks High play Friday night

sooner-n-ga
10/14/2007, 07:57 PM
and I know you'll beat me up for this one, but here it goes.

Here in Georgia we have 5 classifications. The biggest has all the schools with 1850 or more students, the lowest has schools with 499 or less and the rest of the schools are divided equally between the other 3. Jenks could not beat any team from our top 5 of the biggest 3 classifications. The schools here are to physical and would just pound them with a running game. My local school is #2 in the second biggest class here in GA. and I thought we were a good 3 score's better than the Jenks product I saw Friday. Our team is bigger and faster than the Trojans. The team ranked above us is Northside WR and they are ranked somewhere in the USA Today top 10.

Just my 2 cent.

SoonerKnight
10/14/2007, 08:01 PM

Here in Georgia we have 5 classifications. The biggest has all the schools with 1850 or more students, the lowest has schools with 499 or less and the rest of the schools are divided equally between the other 3. Jenks could not beat any team from our top 5 of the biggest 3 classifications. The schools here are to physical and would just pound them with a running game. My local school is #2 in the second biggest class here in GA. and I thought we were a good 3 score's better than the Jenks product I saw Friday. Our team is bigger and faster than the Trojans. The team ranked above us is Northside WR and they are ranked somewhere in the USA Today top 10.

Just my 2 cent.

:rolleyes:

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
Gotta call BS on that one. Graduated from Jenks. Live in TX. Jenks is the big time. A D1 factory even when I graduated from there in '79. Oops, just aged myself.

Curly Bill
I bet you're into S & M too aren't you? Also willing to bet you got beat up a lot as a kid -- the problem being that you liked it, and are forever chasing that same feeling.

StoopTroup
Not that I'm a Jenks Fan....

But do you have any posts where you can actually backup any of the s**t you post about?

OklahomaTuba
10/14/2007, 08:03 PM
Oklahoma has more physical highschool teams. Its really the coaching and skill player talent that they get which sets them apart in my opinion. Its also a young team from what I remember about them.

That QB at Jenks is something else. He will be playing major league baseball and making millions very soon.

King Crimson
10/14/2007, 08:04 PM
i call BS that Georgia's lowest classification is 450 or less. i went 5A Norman in the late 80's and graduated with 650 of my best friends. that was when the real high school was the only one in Norman.

Newbomb Turk
10/14/2007, 08:05 PM
I'll bet your steak sucked too.

StoopTroup
10/14/2007, 08:10 PM
sooner-n-ga = t-bone

SOONER STEAKER
10/14/2007, 08:24 PM
sooner-in-GA, I didn't know they played HS football in GA. I thought everyone went to dog fights in GA on friday nights!!

Crucifax Autumn
10/14/2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah, Jenks sucks...that must explain all the great players that have come out of there. :rolleyes:

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2007, 08:38 PM
Dayum, rough crowd here. :)

StoopTroup
10/14/2007, 08:39 PM
http://ghsfha.org/

StoopTroup
10/14/2007, 08:46 PM
Year by Year Prep Rankings too...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/year-by-year-rankings.htm

meoveryouxinfinity
10/14/2007, 08:51 PM
that Jenks- Union game earlier this year was something to behold.

Another great one this week as Norman North #4 (6-1, 4-0) takes on Putnam City North #8 (6-1, 4-0) on Friday night.

Malcolm Kelly's Cousin
10/14/2007, 08:53 PM
I wonder how well Jenks would do if they stopped recruiting? I think Jenks and Union should be in a league of their own since so many of their starters are transfers.

Then again it is a way for an individual to get noticed by scouts, I guess.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/14/2007, 09:00 PM
I wonder how well Jenks would do if they stopped recruiting? I think Jenks and Union should be in a league of their own since so many of their starters are transfers.

Then again it is a way for an individual to get noticed by scouts, I guess.
Yep, if I were a HS stud I would want to go there. Example: you have a kid like Sam Bradford go to Putnam City North, go 6-6 his senior year and not even make the playoffs. How many rings would he have if he had gone to Jenks or Union.. or even Edmond Santa Fe?

Desert Sapper
10/14/2007, 09:08 PM
I'm not sure it's worth comparing prep teams from state to state. High school teams play for State championships. This "national championship" that USA Today created is fun and recognizes consistent winning, but it doesn't mean anything.

That being said, there is some great talent in the southeast. Georgia, especially in the ATL (and south in Warner Robbins and Valdosta), has some very talented players every year.

I reserve judgement until I see a national highschool playoff.:rolleyes:

Tulsa_Fireman
10/14/2007, 09:13 PM
My dad can beat up your dad. :P

guzziguy
10/14/2007, 09:27 PM
Clovis, Ca. a perennial state camp of the nation's largest (in population) state. Played a home & home with Union. They won't do it again. They were humiliated in both states.

This year in the Ohio Vs. the Nation thing Union left there will everybody's junk in a sack.

Talk's cheap. History of performance speaks volumes.

Curly Bill
10/14/2007, 09:33 PM
Once worked with a guy who'd coached at T Union, and also spent 3 or 4 years at one of the big-time Cali schools (sorry don't remember which one), and he said that while the Cali school had some awesome individual performers, as far as the teams went Union year in year out would be better.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/14/2007, 09:46 PM
glad to see your in the green compadre

man00
10/14/2007, 10:01 PM
Clovis, Ca. a perennial state camp of the nation's largest (in population) state. Played a home & home with Union. They won't do it again. They were humiliated in both states.

This year in the Ohio Vs. the Nation thing Union left there will everybody's junk in a sack.

That team in Ohio has won a total of like 2 games this year, Clovis is not a perennial power in CA. Didn't Jenks play a top ten team couple of years ago in Springdale Ark? I watched that game and Springdale could have scored 100 pts

NorthernIowaSooner
10/14/2007, 10:04 PM
That team in Ohio has won a total of like 2 games this year, Clovis is not a perennial power in CA. Didn't Jenks play a top ten team couple of years ago in Springdale Ark? I watched that game and Springdale could have scored 100 pts

union played springdale in the coke classic exhibition thing a couple years ago which i think was mustains senior year or maybe the year after him and union won but it was only a half of play. if it was last year it was unions down year and still beat them and if it was mustains last year then they beat a pretty good springdale team in that half

sooner-n-ga
10/14/2007, 10:44 PM
I clearly stated that the Ga. Schools would beat what I saw Friday night in Jenks by a number of scores. This might not have been Jenks best performance and I also said the top 5 in each of our top three classes.

The Trojans weren't as big or as fast as I thought they would be. Our local tailback is 6'1" 225 and I saw maybe one guy on Jenks team who could have caught him, none on Sand Springs. He is being looked at by

Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Clemson
Florida
Florida State

No offers as of yet, probably because of grades.

tommieharris91
10/14/2007, 10:49 PM
Sand Springs is typically a 6A whipping boy.

Ground_Attack
10/14/2007, 11:02 PM
I clearly stated that the Ga. Schools would beat what The Trojans weren't as big or as fast as I thought they would be. Our local tailback is 6'1" 225 and I saw maybe one guy on Jenks team who could have caught him, none on Sand Springs. He is being looked at by

Javorski Lane is 6 ft and close to 300 lbs and he sucks. What does that have to do with anything?

Ground_Attack
10/14/2007, 11:03 PM
glad to see your in the green compadre

for now :D

sooner-n-ga
10/14/2007, 11:05 PM
One of our teams (Buford High) from the 2nd smallest class in Georgia went to the Herbstreet classic this year and beat Grove City (OH) 34-7. Buford High wants no part of playing the bigger powers here in Ga.

Curly Bill
10/14/2007, 11:10 PM
One of our teams (Buford High) from the 2nd smallest class in Georgia went to the Herbstreet classic this year and beat Grove City (OH) 34-7. Buford High wants no part of playing the bigger powers here in Ga.

...and? :confused:

Doged
10/14/2007, 11:13 PM
Yea, yea. So Jenks would go 0-15 in jawja. You really expect anyone with a modicum of football sense to believe that?

How do you think Southlake Carroll would fare in the peachy state? Maybe they might eek out a win against one of the bottom feeders? :rolleyes:

sooner-n-ga
10/14/2007, 11:20 PM
Yea, yea. So Jenks would go 0-15 in jawja. You really expect anyone with a modicum of football sense to believe that?

How do you think Southlake Carroll would fare in the peachy state? Maybe they might eek out a win against one of the bottom feeders? :rolleyes:

SouthLake couldn't even beat the team from Florida ! No Georgia team has lost to a Florida school this year in 15 matchups.

NorthernIowaSooner
10/14/2007, 11:21 PM
SouthLake couldn't even beat the team from Florida ! No Georgia team has lost to a Florida school this year in 15 matchups.

that doesnt really matter if youre trying to put an argument up for georgia

Doged
10/15/2007, 12:06 AM
Well color me converted. I hereby recognize jawja as the high school football Mecca of the world, sporting at least 15 teams that would not lose to any other high school team (of their class) in tha' good 'ole U.S. of A.....

....not.

Dude, if you wanna' expound on the qualities of a team in Georgia that's great and might even be believable. Claiming Georgia's high schools field the best teams in the nation in virtually every class is ludicrous, as is trying to claim that Jenks or Union (or a handful of other Oklahoma schools) can't compete with other schools from around the nation when it's been proven otherwise on the field.

KantoSooner
10/15/2007, 02:54 AM
So.....Georgia HS football rules the known universe and OK HS football is essentially a group of emaciated mentally challenged spazzs who wouldn't know the inside of a weight room if their seeing eye dog led them in. Just about got your argument Ga-boy?

How then do we account for the fact that Ga colleges are, generally speaking, not on the same field as OU? (both literally, which would be no fault of theirs, and figuratively - as in they would lose in brutal and humiliating fashion). Are we to conclude that all that awwwwsome talent leaves beautiful jyojya? Why would they do that? Or that somehow they manage to become mediocre players over the summertime? Or what?

Purple Tiger
10/15/2007, 03:52 AM
Yeah, Jenks sucks...that must explain all the great players that have come out of there. :rolleyes:
If you depended on Jenks and Union for talent,you would be 1-AA. OU prefers Texans. Check your 2 deep for the last 60 yrs. lol Check out the home towns of your prized recruits.
Name an SEC state that produces fewer Division 1 recruits than Oklahoma.

Shneeg11
10/15/2007, 04:13 AM
You check our 2 deep over the last 60 years. lol. I believe it's been posted before that players from Oklahoma almost double those from Texas....If I'm wrong, then I apologize, but I'm pretty sure that I am not

Purple Tiger
10/15/2007, 05:56 AM
You check our 2 deep over the last 60 years. lol. I believe it's been posted before that players from Oklahoma almost double those from Texas....If I'm wrong, then I apologize, but I'm pretty sure that I am not
You are dead wrong. OU rarely has more than 4 or 5 starters from Ok. Check your current linep and that of your MNC teams. Playing in the talent wasteland of the Big 8 allowed OU with it's Texas players to dominate that joke of a conference.

Newbomb Turk
10/15/2007, 06:41 AM
Purple Tiger - this texas crap from you is really getting old.

AlbqSooner
10/15/2007, 07:05 AM
I was in high school in the '60s. (Accounts for the reasonable intellect with minimal remaining brain cells) Pennsylvania founded the Hershey Bowl and challenged the Oil Bowl winner to come up and find out what REAL football was about. Texas and Oklahoma each won an Oil Bowl the next 2 years and accepted the Hershey Bowl challenge. Pennsylvania has not challenged anyone to anything since.

Desert Sapper
10/15/2007, 09:16 AM
OU prefers Texans.

The quote is (from the King): 'Texas kids prefer Oklahoma.' Get it right.

There is only one SEC state that is smaller than Oklahoma. Mississippi. And per capita, they have the best talent in the SEC.

Right now, I can think of some serious playmakers on OUr team that hail from the Sooner state:

OUr superstud frosh QB, Sam Bradford
OUr superstud TE, Jermaine Gresham
OUr superstud frosh DT (finally coming into his own), Gerald McCoy
OUr superstud badass MLB, Curtis Lofton
OUr superstud CB, Reggie Smith
OUr superstud SS (who finally found his position), DJ Wolfe

For a state as small as Oklahoma, and a school as nationally huge as OU, I think that's pretty good.

What else ya got?:rolleyes:

Tulsa_Fireman
10/15/2007, 09:23 AM
Reeeeeeeeeeal old.

I took a crap in Georgia once. Watched some football, too.

Needless to say, I was thoroughly unimpressed. It reminded me of Booker T. Washington versus McClain versus Star Spencer versus Millwood, but with less talent and more guns.

Needless to say, I wouldn't bother taking a crap in that state ever again. Horrible place. If you don't pack a neener and roll with Snoop Dogg or are a dentist's nightmare who excels at banjo virtuosity, you don't need to ever bother setting foot, or taking a crap, in this backwoods, asspunchery clinic of a state.

Yecccchh.

Ton Loc
10/15/2007, 09:34 AM
You are dead wrong. OU rarely has more than 4 or 5 starters from Ok. Check your current linep and that of your MNC teams. Playing in the talent wasteland of the Big 8 allowed OU with it's Texas players to dominate that joke of a conference.

Didn't your team just lose to Kentucky?????

By the way, Kentucky HS football (with a few exceptions) sucks.

IB4OU2
10/15/2007, 09:38 AM

Just my 2 cent.

MY wife being a Jenks graduate thinks your full of ***t...

TheHumanAlphabet
10/15/2007, 09:47 AM

Just my 2 cent.

Where you from? I grew up in Dekalb county, went to Peachtree High, played Valdosta and Griffin quite a bit. Jenks could take any of those programs to town. Don't know enough about the Warner Robbins or the power house Gwinnett county schools. But OK 6A = GA 5A in my opinion.

sooner-n-ga
10/15/2007, 12:18 PM
I'm 35 miles from Valdosta.

Desert Sapper
10/15/2007, 01:36 PM
You went from green to red pretty fast. Maybe you should explain yourself a little more, because I'm guessing the red is from the blatant insults you were slinging at the great state of Oklahoma without much rationale. Think about it.

DrZaius
10/15/2007, 01:45 PM
I don't really give two ****s about this thread but it is kickass that the thread started was green spekked and now that I have checked back he is RED. RFLMAO

Go Jenks!

SoonerRecon
10/15/2007, 02:36 PM
I'm 35 miles from Valdosta.

well keep driving till you hit the ocean, and then drive another mile.

i'm guessing these superior georgia kids can throw a football over a mountain?

birddog
10/15/2007, 02:44 PM
If you depended on Jenks and Union for talent,you would be 1-AA. OU prefers Texans. Check your 2 deep for the last 60 yrs. lol Check out the home towns of your prized recruits.
and you are concerned about this because.....because?

:rolleyes:

Petro-Sooner
10/15/2007, 02:57 PM
This sooner-n-ga character is pretty entertaining.

sooneron
10/15/2007, 03:13 PM
Let me get this right, the boiled peanut saw ONE game and deduced that jawja HS > OK HS? Ok, got it. :rolleyes:

bringit
10/15/2007, 04:43 PM
OUinFLA, wanna set 'em straight on the real deal HS football teams?

MichiganSooner
10/15/2007, 04:54 PM
Hey Jawja fan, come up and see what Jenks does to Bartlesville. The Trojans will look like a wreckin machine when they go up against the Bruins this year. After the game, you can drive down to Norman and watch us beat up on aTm.
Hey guys, didn't we get Nate Hybyl from Georgia?

Sooner1979
10/15/2007, 05:32 PM
They (GA) may have more talent because of their population, but Oklahoma has one of the highest talent pool per capita...That is why we have 4 D-I schools that are legitimate with such a low total population...Oklahoma doth require more tops schools for their athletes...Yes, Oklahoma may recruit a good deal from Texas, but year in and year out, Oklahoma has their largest group on the team from OK...

OK - (3,500,000)
GA - (9,500,000) (Big difference in population)

Mark_of_Tulsa
10/15/2007, 05:43 PM

This year in the Ohio Vs. the Nation thing Union left there will every body's junk in a sack.

Well I'm from back there, and Union played the wrong team from Clovis.

Clovis has always been the powerhouse for public schools in CA. But Clovie split up, and became Clovis and Clovis West. West is now the better school, but neither are what the old Clovis was like. But saying all of that I still don't think they would have a chance against Union.

They don't have the facilities and the money like Union and Jenks have.

Purple Tiger
10/15/2007, 07:36 PM
They (GA) may have more talent because of their population, but Oklahoma has one of the highest talent pool per capita...That is why we have 4 D-I schools that are legitimate with such a low total population...Oklahoma doth require more tops schools for their athletes...Yes, Oklahoma may recruit a good deal from Texas, but year in and year out, Oklahoma has their largest group on the team from OK...

OK - (3,500,000)
GA - (9,500,000) (Big difference in population)
Per capita,Georgia produces 5x the Div 1 prospects than Oklahoma. Just look it up guys
Ou,OSU,and Tulsa have very few starters from Oklahoma. Look it up!

Sooner1979
10/15/2007, 08:26 PM
Per capita,Georgia produces 5x the Div 1 prospects than Oklahoma. Just look it up guys

Are you from Georgia, or are you from Louisi? The way you SEC teams sticks up for one another just floors me...It is a conference, not a Corporation...

mikeelikee
10/15/2007, 08:31 PM
Jenks (or Union) is almost always the class of 6A in Oklahoma. I can't remember the last time a team from the western part of the state won a state championship in that division. Still, two years ago, Jenks went over to Springdale, Arkansas, and played the school Mitch Mustain attended. Springdale beat them like a rented mule. Jenks scored the first points of the game (2) on a safety, and that was it for them. Final score was something like 51-2.

Cam
10/15/2007, 08:49 PM
This reminds me of the "The girls at (Insert any college/university name here) are better looking than (Insert another college/university name here) type of thread.

Just like fans, each state has good and bad HS football teams.

Shneeg11
10/15/2007, 08:55 PM

You said the last 60 years....not the last 7, contradictory are we?:texan:

sooneron
10/15/2007, 08:56 PM
Hmm,
Last two Butkus winners - Oklahoma
Last Heisman - Oklahoma
Next Heisman or runner up (barring the unforeseen) - Oklahoma

Oh yeah, probably our next Butkus winner - Oklahoma (he's a man and he's #40 )

Yeah, add all of this up and it pretty much equals you being a fag.

A Sooner in Texas
10/15/2007, 09:05 PM
Hey Jawja fan, come up and see what Jenks does to Bartlesville. The Trojans will look like a wreckin machine when they go up against the Bruins this year. After the game, you can drive down to Norman and watch us beat up on aTm.
Hey guys, didn't we get Nate Hybyl from Georgia?

Hell, aggy would look like a wrecking machine against B'ville.

And I'm from there (born and raised and '73 Col-Hi grad) so I can insult them all I want. :)

Doged
10/15/2007, 09:16 PM

You think those are the only three D-1 schools starting Oklahoma kids? You're even dumber than the average lsu fan, aren't ya'.

I'm not about to do your research for you, but start with the Kansas schools, particularly the one that's undefeated (unlike your own vaunted team).

Ash
10/15/2007, 09:32 PM

You've come on this board and harped on this forever telling everyone to look up the facts. I've produced facts, including your teams' roster, and many other posters on this board have actually put up facts refuting your tired pathetic little act. Yet, you never do. It's time to put up or STFU. Post some of your own facts with links or sources or go away. Better yet, just go away, troll.

Purple Tiger
10/15/2007, 10:16 PM
You've come on this board and harped on this forever telling everyone to look up the facts. I've produced facts, including your teams' roster, and many other posters on this board have actually put up facts refuting your tired pathetic little act. Yet, you never do. It's time to put up or STFU. Post some of your own facts with links or sources or go away. Better yet, just go away, troll.
You have not refuted anything. You showed a chart where LSU had 30 more players from La than OU had players from Oklahoms. Check your OU starters and just count scholarshiip players and you won't find many Oklahomans.

Purple Tiger
10/15/2007, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=Doged]You think those are the only three D-1 schools starting Oklahoma kids? You're even dumber than the average lsu fan, aren't ya'.

I'm not about to do your research for you, but start with the Kansas schools, particularly the one that's undefeated (unlike your own vaunted team).

There are so many more La. kids playing Div 1 football across the country than kids from Oklahoma,it's pathetic.

Purple Tiger
10/15/2007, 10:21 PM
Hmm,
Last two Butkus winners - Oklahoma
Last Heisman - Oklahoma
Next Heisman or runner up (barring the unforeseen) - Oklahoma

Oh yeah, probably our next Butkus winner - Oklahoma (he's a man and he's #40 )

Yeah, add all of this up and it pretty much equals you being a fag.

Are they from Oklahoma or out of state. Jason White was very overrated with those 3 yd completions to kids from Texas.

sooneron
10/15/2007, 10:38 PM
Are they from Oklahoma or out of state. Jason White was very overrated with those 3 yd completions to kids from Texas.
I was referring to OUR last two Butkus winners. They were from Oklahoma ya Flippin retard. Three yard completions? You must be new to this game of football.

sooneron
10/15/2007, 10:40 PM
Oh and the greatest player ever to put cleats on at OU is from Eufala, OK.

sooner518
10/15/2007, 10:44 PM
seriously, thats the best you could do? that was pathetic.

Ash
10/15/2007, 10:46 PM
You have not refuted anything. You showed a chart where LSU had 30 more players from La than OU had players from Oklahoms. Check your OU starters and just count scholarshiip players and you won't find many Oklahomans.

That "chart" is called a roster. You should familiarize yourself with those considering the smack your talking.

Why is the focktard not baned yet?

Mark_of_Tulsa
10/15/2007, 11:00 PM

Affirmative action for the mentally challenged.

Damn politicians.

*shakes fist in the air

Doged
10/15/2007, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=Doged]You think those are the only three D-1 schools starting Oklahoma kids? You're even dumber than the average lsu fan, aren't ya'.

There are so many more La. kids playing Div 1 football across the country than kids from Oklahoma,it's pathetic.

That may or may not be true (most likely not true), but regardless has absolutely nothing to do with the number of kids from Oklahoma playing at D-1 schools outside the state. Poor attempt at deflection to hide your own ignorance, troll.

Try getting someone literate to read sooneron's post to you (if you can find someone literate). It's clear what he was saying. Not sure why you wanted to throw out a weak jab at JW, but in the future you might want to include a modicum of fact in your jabs to add a little credibility. Weak sauce like that doesn't garner much response from your target audience.

Aren't you the lucky little troll that Simple Stupidity isn't yet against the law!

tulsaoilerfan
10/15/2007, 11:07 PM
You are just ****ed because a kid from Hugo, OK helped beat LSU's *** last weekend, and OU didn't even recruit him

NorthernIowaSooner
10/15/2007, 11:31 PM

we have 31 oklahomans and 45 texans on the roster, texas is a big state and apparently your mad cause we recruit it better to the tune of 5 more national championships and apparently you guys need texas too with both your QBs being from there and 15 total on the roster, i also think that speaks to OU coaches and their recruiting ability to not have the talent of texas and loseranna and have to go out of state and still put title contenders on the field every year

OUmillenium
10/16/2007, 09:41 AM
Jenks is very good this year but it is not one of the "great" Jenks teams. Some teams in the past were loaded with D1 talent...not this one.

This is a smaller, very skilled team as one of the other poster put it. And football is the "2nd sport" of the QB as also posted.

Should be a great Union-Jenks rematch in the playoffs this year.

soonernation
10/16/2007, 09:56 AM

And OU has 3.5x the national championships in football. That's the "fact" that matters jackass.

SoonerRecon
10/16/2007, 10:38 AM

good for you coonass, you've got some mystical reference that supports all your verbal diarrhea.
did you happen to see that Kentucky RB that ran over your paper tigers on Saturday nite? he's from Oklahoma...
after Auburn beats your *** this week, go back to Nawlins and continue shoveling the toxic s*** out of your shack.

Desert Sapper
10/16/2007, 12:14 PM

Link? Anything?

**Crickets**

Tulsa_Fireman
10/16/2007, 05:59 PM
YOU CAN DOO EET!

CUT HEES FOCKING HEAD OFF!

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Profiles/20061003/244.schnieder.rob.100206.jpg

OUmillenium
10/16/2007, 06:04 PM
Hey, they have drive through daquiri stands in Louisiana...that's what makes em so smarter - duh huh

c-c-c-cooler

Sooner_Bob
10/16/2007, 06:19 PM
This is one of the most entertaining threads I've seen this season.

Carry on.

sooner-n-ga
10/16/2007, 08:24 PM
One team from Georgia that would beat this year's Jenks High team. Video is from last season but most of the kids are back, #12 now plays for South Florida. Number 40 is being recruited (No offers yet) by Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Ga. Tech, FSU, Florida and Clemson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FnXq1FtyGs

NorthernIowaSooner
10/16/2007, 08:50 PM
One team from Georgia that would beat this year's Jenks High team. Video is from last season but most of the kids are back, #12 now plays for South Florida. Number 40 is being recruited (No offers yet) by Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Ga. Tech, FSU, Florida and Clemson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FnXq1FtyGs

oh a highlight video, those are never spun to make your team look good. ill bet baylor has one too and look amazing in it and you cant really make a blanket statement on oklahoma high school football cause you think one team from georgia can beat jenks

sooner-n-ga
10/16/2007, 09:01 PM
oh a highlight video, those are never spun to make your team look good. ill bet baylor has one too and look amazing in it and you cant really make a blanket statement on oklahoma high school football cause you think one team from georgia can beat jenks

Actually if you read the 1st post in this thread, I think I said I knew of 15 teams in Georgia who would beat Jenks this year. High School football is that good this season !

Soonerus
10/16/2007, 09:07 PM
Actually if you read the 1st post in this thread, I think I said I knew of 15 teams in Georgia who would beat Jenks this year. High School football is that good this season !

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

BillyBall
10/16/2007, 09:16 PM
Oh yeah, well in Chicago our high school football players are even better than the ones in Georgia. We have halfbacks that lift weights in the off season, linebackers that watch "film", and coaches that game plan. Take that Georgia, you got nothin'...

Soonerus
10/16/2007, 09:18 PM

You should have stayed in Norman and watched Norman North...

Ground_Attack
10/16/2007, 09:19 PM
by reading this thread, I just gave up 10 minutes of my life I'll never be able to get back. Oh yeah, Purple Tiger and sooner-n-ga are gay.

josh09
10/16/2007, 09:23 PM

Just my 2 cent.

I dont know about that, I watched the Jenks-Union game when i was up there for Miami, and both looked pretty good.

But saying that, they couldnt touch the top 5 for 5A in texas, and maybe #'s 1 and 2 in 4A. Believe me, ive lived here awhile, and i while i thought Oklahoma high school football was good, i learned something new.

Lets just say theres a reason they made the movie "Friday Night Lights" about a team from texas.

Purple Tiger
10/17/2007, 11:36 PM
That "chart" is called a roster. You should familiarize yourself with those considering the smack your talking.

You still have not been able to prove that More than 4 or 5 Locals start for OU. OU has alwayd been a Team loaded with Texans thus the name University of Texas@Norman.
OU rarely signs more than 7 or 8 instate kids each year.

tommieharris91
10/17/2007, 11:39 PM
In Before Lock

Ash
10/17/2007, 11:55 PM
You still have not been able to prove that More than 4 or 5 Locals start for OU. OU has alwayd been a Team loaded with Texans thus the name University of Texas@Norman.

whatever, nut squeezer.

Soonerus
10/17/2007, 11:57 PM
whatever, nut squeezer.

Frick, I am agreeing with Ash...

Ash
10/17/2007, 11:58 PM
Frick, I am agreeing with Ash...

The humanity!

Soonerus
10/18/2007, 12:01 AM
The humanity!

Whatever you want to call it...I'm in for now...

Ash
10/18/2007, 12:03 AM
Whatever you want to call it...I'm in for now...

Don't make me neg spek you again!:texan:

Doged
10/18/2007, 12:07 AM

The proof is in the roster (or "chart", if you're a gneaux-nothing tool from Lower Alabama).

Here's another look for you. Again, this is called a "roster". (http://www.soonerstats.com/football/seasons/schedule.cfm?seasonid=1974)

Notice there are 75 players from Oklahoma listed there, and 35 from tx. Also note that is a National Champion team roster. Your statement that "OU has always been a team loaded with texans" is proven inaccurate and could be proven 100 times over simply by looking at the rosters.

RECENT rosters have been dominated by tx players. "Recent" is quite a bit different from "always", as in "Oklahoma has always been an elite football program, while lsu can boast only recent success."

Edit: doh.. okay, that's actually called a "schedule". You need to click the button labled "roster" to view the roster.

Soonerus
10/18/2007, 12:09 AM
Don't make me neg spek you again!:texan:

Your negs are so diminimus, I don't really care......No reason to be an ash about it though...

StoopTroup
10/18/2007, 12:09 AM
Purple Tiger = Pirate Nutcracker?

http://blogs.trb.com/features/consumer/shopping/blog/nutcracker.jpg

Soonerus
10/18/2007, 12:10 AM
The proof is in the roster (or "chart", if you're a gneaux-nothing tool from Lower Alabama).

Here's another look for you. Again, this is called a "roster". (http://www.soonerstats.com/football/seasons/schedule.cfm?seasonid=1974)

Notice there are 75 players from Oklahoma listed there, and 35 from tx. Also note that is a National Champion team roster. Your statement that "OU has always been a team loaded with texans" is proven inaccurate and could be proven 100 times over simply by looking at the rosters.

RECENT rosters have been dominated by tx players. "Recent" is quite a bit different from "always", as in "Oklahoma has always been an elite football program, while lsu can boast only recent success."

nolo comprehenda...

Doged
10/18/2007, 12:12 AM
nolo comprehenda...

Yea, pwned by teh intarwebs.

Try the edited version. :D

Desert Sapper
10/18/2007, 09:57 AM

Edit: doh.. okay, that's actually called a "schedule". You need to click the button labled "roster" to view the roster.

Thanks for the lesson, brother. I never bothered to look, but we had 64 Oklahoma kids on OUr last national championship roster (http://www.soonerstats.com/football/players/roster.cfm?SeasonID=2000). That seems pretty recent (as in this decade). I guess this exercise just goes to show: Recruit more local kids!

Edit:
3 of OUr 4 Heisman winners
2 of OUr 3 Lombardi winners
3 of OUr 5 Outland winners
OUr lone Bednarik winner
OUr lone Unitas winner
1 of OUr 2 Maxwell winners
2 of OUr 3 Butkus winners (4 trophies and 3 winners)
1 of OUr 2 OBrien winners (JW won twice)
and OUr only Mosi Tatupu winner

have all been native Oklahomans.

Soonerstats (http://soonerstats.com/) is teh shizzle

Jewstin
10/18/2007, 11:00 AM

Curtis Lofton. Best middle linebacker in the country. Kingfisher, OK.

Sam Bradford. Highest rated passer in the country. OKC, OK.

Gerald McCoy. Studly DT. OKC, OK.

Reggie Smith. All american defensive back. Edmond, OK.

Do I even need to go into the previous years? Or all the Oklahomans on the national championship team? Or three of our Heisman winners being from Oklahoma?

Holy crap. You seriously need to shut the **** up before you get steamrolled on this message board again. How's it feel getting beat by ****ing Kentucky? Did you get all warm and fuzzy inside watching Les Miles meltdown in his post-game press conference like he used to do at OSU?

Christ, I hope we play your overrated asses in the Sugar Bowl. Who gives a **** if it's home field advantage for you? We'd whipe the floor with your stupid asses. The first good offense you play the whole year, and your stupid asses get beat.

Please fade away into mediocrity again, LSU. The rest of the country is tired of your belligerent, Bourbon Street dumbasses.

StoopTroup
10/18/2007, 11:05 AM
I think I've figured out who Purple Tiger is...

Didn't we have a promising young QB from Louisianna that got drunk and fell out of a pickup truck and hit his head a few years ago?

85sooners
10/18/2007, 11:20 AM
I think I've figured out who Purple Tiger is...

Didn't we have a promising young QB from Louisianna that got drunk and fell out of a pickup truck and hit his head a few years ago?:eek: :D oh snap!!!!!!!!!

Ash
10/18/2007, 11:55 AM
Your negs are so diminimus, I don't really care......No reason to be an ash about it though...

The next time you post something worth getting worked up about...

And puns are always funny, I bet you're a hit at parties. :twinkies:

OUmillenium
10/18/2007, 05:44 PM
ragin gayjuns

Dan Thompson
10/18/2007, 05:53 PM
De la Salle is not too bad.