View Full Version : Stats from week seven

MiccoMacey
10/14/2007, 06:56 PM
Rushing Offense: 202 ypg (21st)
Pasing Offense: 266 ypg (35th)
Total Offense: 468 ypg (14th)
Scoring Offense: 48 ppg (4th)

Rushing Defense: 65 ypg (4th)
Passing Defense: 237 ypg (73rd) (YIKES!!!)
Total Defense: 303 ypg (17th)
Scoring Defense: 18 ppg (20th)

Sam Bradford: 70% Comp, 20-4 TD-Int, 181 Pass Efficiency Rating (1st).

Harrell (TTech) is second in Pass Efficiency, which I just will never understand. He's got more TD's, less Int's, and a better completion percentage.

BTW, OSU is 6th in rushing offense, and 12th in total offense.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/14/2007, 07:00 PM
The most (err 12th) powerful offense in the world.[hairGel]

Newbomb Turk
10/14/2007, 07:03 PM
Harrell (TTech) is second in Pass Efficiency, which I just will never understand. He's got more TD's, less Int's, and a better completion percentage.

I believe yards per attempt is part of the formula.

David Earl
10/14/2007, 08:14 PM

I was wondering about that and I think you must be correct.

Newbomb Turk
10/14/2007, 08:16 PM
I was wondering about that and I think you must be correct.

I'm always correct...some of the time.

OklahomaTuba
10/14/2007, 08:25 PM
Our pass coverage better get fixed if we expect to win out. Mizzou made us look like crap out there.

MiccoMacey
10/14/2007, 08:43 PM
ISU - no pass threat.
A&M - no pass threat.
Baylor - no pass threat.
TTech - pass threat.
OSU - pass threat.

Frozen Sooner
10/14/2007, 08:45 PM
Rushing Offense: 202 ypg (21st)
Pasing Offense: 266 ypg (35th)
Total Offense: 468 ypg (14th)
Scoring Offense: 48 ppg (4th)

Rushing Defense: 65 ypg (4th)
Passing Defense: 237 ypg (73rd) (YIKES!!!)
Total Defense: 303 ypg (17th)
Scoring Defense: 18 ppg (20th)

Sam Bradford: 70% Comp, 20-4 TD-Int, 181 Pass Efficiency Rating (1st).

BTW, OSU is 6th in rushing offense, and 12th in total offense.

Both Yards per Attempt and TDs per attempt are large portions of the formula, and Sam's killing Harrell in both of those.

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2007, 08:45 PM
It is in the NFL, so i'm assuming it would be in college also

Doged
10/14/2007, 08:58 PM
In all fairness we did hold Mizzou below their season averages in every category. The idjit prevent defense stuff helped their stats a lot (and their score, for that matter).

OklahomaTuba
10/14/2007, 08:58 PM
ISU - no pass threat.
A&M - no pass threat.
Baylor - no pass threat.
TTech - pass threat.
OSU - pass threat.

Was Colorado a pass threat on your chart?

Frozen Sooner
10/14/2007, 09:06 PM
I'd change Baylor to a pass threat. Szymanski has been slinging the rock around a lot this year.

snp
10/14/2007, 09:12 PM
NCAA passer rating:

[ { (8.4 * yards) + (330 * touchdowns) - (200 * interceptions) + (100 * completions) } / attempts ].

medstudent24
10/14/2007, 09:20 PM
I'm sorry guys but there's no way we win a BCS champ game with this defense. We're not even close, really.

If it was just one game, then yeah I can write that off, but this is a consistent trend that happens over and over again. Taking a month off before the bowl game is not enough to time to get our pass defense up to snuff.

USC, LSU, and Ohio State all have BCS-champ caliber defenses. They're all ranked in the top 10 in every D category. USC has struggled because their offense has turned the ball over a huge number of times, but make no mistake their D is stout.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/14/2007, 09:23 PM
NCAA passer rating:

[ { (8.4 * yards) + (330 * touchdowns) - (200 * interceptions) + (100 * completions) } / attempts ].

Beat me to it. It's the total attempts that brings Harrell's efficiency rating down.

SoonerKnight
10/14/2007, 09:38 PM
I'm sorry guys but there's no way we win a BCS champ game with this defense. We're not even close, really.

If it was just one game, then yeah I can write that off, but this is a consistent trend that happens over and over again. Taking a month off before the bowl game is not enough to time to get our pass defense up to snuff.

USC, LSU, and Ohio State all have BCS-champ caliber defenses. They're all ranked in the top 10 in every D category. USC has struggled because their offense has turned the ball over a huge number of times, but make no mistake their D is stout.

Who did LSU lose to? Who did USC lose to? Ohio State who have they played? the point is that these stats are skewed. We have played teams with a spread offense. They put up huge numbers on us! That lowered our D's rankings. We will rise back up.Look at what MU was doing to teams before OU! If that last second TD had been reviewed the score would have been 41-24. We have only allowed up until yeterday 27pts total. Now it's 31 but we have stooped good offenses. Tulsa good offense no defense. Colorado got lucky and our guys took the day off. Saxet their team is young they can play they proved that. We won! MU they were killing teams with that offense. WE WON! LSU got beat by Kentucky because they could not stop the pass!!! USC almost got beat the last three weeks!!! Ohio State wil lose probably next week!

The point is with our offense and young D we can win against LSU or OSU or any other team out there. These stats went down the last three weeks because of the teams we played. We have Iowa St., Baylor, Texas A&M coming up. The stats will rise. I mean Leach beat A&M 35-7 Miami beat them by at least that much and we will stomp them. Iowa St. Please. As for Baylor ok whatever. Now Texas Tech they have no defense and you will see the secondary play well in that game because it's Tech!! As for those cow pokers forget about it.

The team that worries me is KU. They have played well this year. They have beaten good teams! I think we can take them but that who I see us playing in the CCG! As for #8 I think if we get there it is ours for the taken. :D

man00
10/14/2007, 10:04 PM
OU pass defense will make just about anyone look good.