PDA

View Full Version : Good article if it hasn't been posted

85Sooner
10/14/2007, 04:46 PM
says alot. but I think BS has to take more responsibilty for stupid mistakes and not addressing several issues that many a bright person on this board has already pointed out.
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=726423

stoopified
10/14/2007, 05:22 PM
This article was a little bit good and a whole lot of CRAP.Missou was NOT the BETTER TEAM regardless of their superior yardage.OU made defensive plays time after time,MU did not.The final score was also misleading as EVERYONE who saw the game KNOWS that the Tigers last TD was bogus.

As for issues with the team that need to be adressed,I for one am convinced that Bob and staff understand and have adressed all ISSUES that need to be adressed.We as fans are not in team meetings,coaches meetings or practices so we have no way of knowing what is said or done behind the closed doors of The Switzer Center. I have NO coaching concerns as I am confident Bob and his staff know what they are doing.

OUmillenium
10/14/2007, 05:24 PM
Jason King is a college football and basketball writer for Yahoo! Sports.
time to fix...there...

Jason King is a dooosh

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2007, 05:28 PM
So we got outgained by a whopping 30 something yards and because of that Mizzou is the better team? The idiot also says that Mizzou is 6-1, when they are 5-1; my son could write a better article than that

Sooner_Havok
10/14/2007, 05:28 PM
Maybe my memory is bad, but didn't Hartley miss two PATs, not three, and didn't we try and fail two 2-point conversions and fail, not just one?

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2007, 05:29 PM
Maybe my memory is bad, but didn't Hartley miss two PATs, not three, and didn't we try and fail two 2-point conversions and fail, not just one?
Missed one, one blocked, and i think we went for 2 twice and failed; there's 6 pts left on the table, although if he makes the first XP, then we never go for 2 .

Newbomb Turk
10/14/2007, 05:31 PM
Even though his squad lost, Saturday's game might have been Gary Pinkel's finest moment as Missouri's head coach.

not good when your finest moment is a loss.

bluedogok
10/14/2007, 05:36 PM
If they quit playing that crappy prevent defense at the end of the halves that yardage and those scores probably don't happen.

aero
10/14/2007, 05:37 PM
Funny how he mentions "three of the Sooners' touchdowns came courtesy of Missouri turnovers" in his write up but no mention of us Mizzou's 2 TD's courtesy of us. He throws it in as a sidebar note.

DrZaius
10/14/2007, 05:39 PM
I thought the article was fair. What upsets me more is how some press is saying that Mizzou will be even better by the big12 champ. With no mention that OU will get better as well.

Newbomb Turk
10/14/2007, 05:40 PM
Funny how he mentions "three of the Sooners' touchdowns came courtesy of Missouri turnovers" in his write up but no mention of us Mizzou's 2 TD's courtesy of us. He throws it in as a sidebar note.

I'll give Pinkel credit for one thing - he nailed it with this quote.

"It was an evening of mistakes," Pinkel said. "They made mistakes and we took advantage of it, and we made mistakes and they took advantage of it.

Sooner_Havok
10/14/2007, 05:40 PM
Missed one, one blocked, and i think we went for 2 twice and failed; there's 6 pts left on the table, although if he makes the first XP, then we never go for 2 .

So when he says Hartley missed 3, he is just being retarded. OK, just making sure I didn't watch the wrong OU/Mizzou game last night at the stadium :D

SleestakSooner
10/14/2007, 05:44 PM
yahoo sports = Jenni Carlson and her ilk

SoonerTerry
10/14/2007, 05:50 PM
personally I felt the game was in hand all but about 5 minutes.. This guy probably didn't even watch the game, just read the stats

StoopTroup
10/14/2007, 05:52 PM
Exactly....

The only miss FG was in the 3rd Qtr and the block was in the 4th Qtr.

Complete Play by Play (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=272860201&period=0)

SoonerEmpire
10/14/2007, 05:58 PM
I'm afraid I have to agree with Stoopified. This article was not that good at all. Jason King sensationalized the negatives for OU and made it out to look like MU could even entertain the idea that they were the better team who just happened to lose. That's not the same game I watched. Allow me to break it down:

4 minutes, 48 seconds into the game...

10:12 left in the 1st Quarter - MU scores to go up 7-0
03:33 left in the 1st Quarter - OU scores to tie at 7-7

Mizzou led that part of the game for a total of 6 minutes, 39 seconds before OU tied it. The tie lasted for 3 minutes, 29 seconds.

00:04 left in the 1st Quarter, we score to take the lead at 10-7

OU led the rest of the way until...

01:30 left in the 3rd Quarter, MU scores to take the lead at 24-23
12:26 left in the 4th Quarter, OU scores to take the lead at 29-24

Mizzou led THAT part of the game up until OU scored to take the lead for good for a total of 4 minutes, 4 seconds.

Missouri's two leads through the duration of (1.) 6 mins, 39 seconds, and (2.) 4 mins, 4 seconds comes up to a total duration of 10 minutes, 43 seconds.

Out of a 60 minute game, MU led for a total of 10 minutes, 43 seconds.
Out of a 60 minute game, OU led for a total of 42 minutes EXACTLY
Out of a 60 minute game, it was tied for a total of 3 minutes, 29 seconds
Out of a 60 minute game, there was no score for 4 minutes, 48 seconds (at the beginning of the game)

Out of a 60 minute game, we led for 42 minutes. The bad guys led for 10 minutes, 43 seconds.

This game did NOT go back and forth in "slugfest" fashion. We led most of the way with a double digit lead. Sure, we didn't play a perfect game, nor did we execute flawlessly. Sure, there are things we need to work on and correct. I was not happy with our running game yesterday, and our special teams flat out suck!

BUT...

The fact of the matter is, Missouri never had a chance. Even when they went up 24-23, there was not a split second of time that went by that made me fear losing this game. Truth be told, WE DOMINATED MISSOURI!!! We dominated them in a somewhat sloppy manner, but we STILL dominated them. There's NO WAY someone can rightfully say that the better team DIDN'T win that game. Jason King must have lost money betting on Mizzou and now he's p*ss*d, so he writes a highly exaggerated column ripping the BETTER team who WON by lying about them.

He, and the Missouri football team can believe the better team lost last night, but that does not make it so...

r5TPsooner
10/14/2007, 05:59 PM
80 yards of the Mizzou offense came on the last series of the game when OU was giving them all of the short stuff in front of them in a very soft prevent D. Plus, OU gave them TWO td's and the ref's gave them another on that last score of the game which was bogus.

SoonerBOI
10/14/2007, 06:26 PM
Mizzou's last TD was a phantom. We dominated them defensively. We are the better team.

goingoneight
10/14/2007, 06:50 PM
Guess what...

If Iglesias holds onto the ball, that article is never written.

End. of. story.

Also of note: The "PREVENT" defense saved us for once in a lifetime. It "prevents the big play." Stoops knew they were going to get their points, he wanted them to burn a lot of time to get them. For all of the folks who are stupid enough to think we were going to shut down that offense, look at how long it took Mizzou to score. They were dink-and-dunk all night long and we wore them out. Just like you wear out a defense with time-consuming offense (see: Colorado).

Animal Mother
10/15/2007, 04:51 PM
The dude writes for Yahoo!!! I mean Yahoo?!?!?! Come on, Yahoo?!?!?!?!? Get real. Yahoo?!?!?!?! No kidding around. Yahoo!?!?!?!?!
Capiche?
The only relevant parts were quotes from the coaches. Especially Stoops stating that the media idiots and fans need to quit getting a chubby over the team when they have so much they need to improve. Special teams are a GIGANTIC part of teams that accomplish special things. So is ball security. Are you listening Julio?????

Sooner_Havok
10/15/2007, 05:32 PM
Yahoo Sports is what broke the Reggie Bush story, and are the ones keeping it from completely being swept under the rug

OUMallen
10/15/2007, 09:05 PM
Nothing good about that article, negative nancy

Dio
10/16/2007, 08:52 AM
Jason King is a basketball writer claiming a moral victory for an OU opponent. Did Yahoo pick this up from the O'Collegian?