10/14/2007, 03:18 PM
Great...horsepig sighting.

M
10/14/2007, 05:30 PM
Great...horsepig sighting.

It was a horsepig on a Segway! :P

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/14/2007, 06:20 PM
I watched the parade from the 2nd floor of the Santa Fe Parking Garage. The biggest cheers were for The Pride of Oklahoma, Langston's Band and for James Garner.

I wish Brian Britt would take a lesson from Langston's band.

M
10/14/2007, 06:26 PM
I wish Brian Britt would take a lesson from the Cowboy Marching band.

Fixed. :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/14/2007, 06:27 PM
Fixed. :DHave you seen a performance by Langston's Band? RMFO everytime.

M
10/14/2007, 06:28 PM
Have you seen a performance by Langston's Band? RMFO everytime.

Yes. I saw them today.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/15/2007, 11:38 AM
Fixed. :D

Are you kidding? I don't care what you think of the Pride, but it is 500 times better than "The State's Band." Sorry, you are wrong on this one.

StoopTroup
10/15/2007, 12:49 PM
I missed this one but you can be sure that I've got the Bi-Centenial Parade on my schedule now.

IB4OU2
10/15/2007, 01:06 PM
I watched the parade from the 2nd floor of the Santa Fe Parking Garage. The biggest cheers were for The Pride of Oklahoma.

I wish Brian Britt would take a lesson from Langston's band.

Dang! Were they playing Maria again? :mad: I miss everything...

MARIA....I just met a girl named Maria.

Sooner_Havok
10/15/2007, 05:27 PM
Are you kidding? I don't care what you think of the Pride, but it is 500 times better than "The State's Band." Sorry, you are wrong on this one.

Pride is going to NYC for the Thanksgiving Day parade, lOSUr is, well lOSUr.

I am looking forward to the new uniforms for the band that will make their debut in the Thanksgiving Day parade. I remember when the band got new ones for the Parade of Roses a few years back, man they really needed them then, they where Crimson and Cream, but they where Crimson and White when they where brand new :eek:

Czar Soonerov
10/15/2007, 05:44 PM
Did you see Eddie Sutton riding in the model T?

(No worries, he wasn't driving...):eddie:

Jimminy Crimson
10/15/2007, 06:31 PM
Pride is going to NYC for the Thanksgiving Day parade, lOSUr is, well lOSUr.

I am looking forward to the new uniforms for the band that will make their debut in the Thanksgiving Day parade. I remember when the band got new ones for the Parade of Roses a few years back, man they really needed them then, they where Crimson and Cream, but they where Crimson and White when they where brand new :eek:

New unis, you say?

Let's hope that they're a majority crimson this time.

They'll probably suck though, since (Fire Brian) Britt is involved...

M
10/15/2007, 06:53 PM
If the OU band is so great, then why there is a 2-year-old, 23-page thread about how much it sucks? :confused: ;)

LilSooner
10/15/2007, 07:01 PM
No matter how much we think that the pride sucks its still gonna be better than anything that those pukes can produce.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/15/2007, 11:19 PM
If the OU band is so great, then why there is a 2-year-old, 23-page thread about how much it sucks? :confused: ;)Gameday halftime shows under BB suck. The Pride, in a performance such as the Centennial parade, does not suck.

In retrospect, I rank the bands from yesterday's parade like this:

1) The Pride
(tie)
1) Broken Arrow High School
2) Langston
3) Konowa High School
4) Antlers High School
--) Puke Band of Payne County

Sooner_Havok
10/15/2007, 11:31 PM
New unis, you say?

They'll probably suck though, since (Fire Brian) Britt is involved...

I like the unis we have, I am guessing you don't

critical_phil
10/16/2007, 12:11 AM
If the OU band is so great, then why there is a 2-year-old, 23-page thread about how much it sucks? :confused: ;)

why don't you shut your whore mouth

critical_phil
10/16/2007, 12:12 AM
wink

Dio
10/16/2007, 09:00 AM
I missed this one but you can be sure that I've got the Bi-Centenial Parade on my schedule now.

I think they already had that over on 39th st.

NTTAWWT!

Viking Kitten
10/16/2007, 09:41 AM

I believe that thread is a function of the extremely high expectations we have of those privileged enough to play "Boomer Sooner." Our fight song is sacred, you see. It's doesn't sound like something you'd hear at a carnival, like certain other schools' fight songs. :D

M
10/16/2007, 09:56 AM
Our fight song is stolen, you see.

Fixed.

Okay, I'll stop now. :P ;)

Viking Kitten
10/16/2007, 10:12 AM
The word is "co-opted."

For "stealing," see Doug Gottlieb. And I don't mean the basketball. :cool::P ;)

proud gonzo
10/16/2007, 10:14 AM
New unis, you say?

They'll probably suck though, since (Fire Brian) Britt is involved...um... they're mostly crimson NOW.

Jimminy Crimson
10/16/2007, 02:42 PM
um... they're mostly crimson NOW.

The coat or whatever the top part of the uniform is called needs to be crimson.

I don't have a problem with the current unis, except for them appearing white in the stands.

Okla-homey
10/16/2007, 02:54 PM
Whatever y'all do, avoid white pants. They make the chunkier bandmembers look like Michelin men.

Jimminy Crimson
10/16/2007, 02:55 PM
Whatever y'all do, avoid white pants. They make the chunkier bandmembers look like Michelin men.

...and Michelin women. :twinkies: :eek:

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/17/2007, 08:48 AM
From my understanding, they are just new tops, and they are red. They are supposidly alook-a-like from the red ones from a couple of years ago. The reason they stopped wearing those is because of how bad of the condition of those jackets were and the lack of money to replace them. I may be wrong, but it is somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 to replace each jacket, so that is a lot of money. I am really excited to see a return of the red jacket though, and I agree, white pants suck! They will still be wearing the red pants as well.

Viking Kitten
10/17/2007, 02:02 PM
It was just announced the parade will be rebroadcast on OETA at 7 p.m. this Friday, Oct. 19.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/17/2007, 02:25 PM
Listen for the way the crowd roars when The Pride plays, but when "The State's Band" comes through you can hear a pin drop.

Jimminy Crimson
10/17/2007, 05:39 PM
From my understanding, they are just new tops, and they are red. They are supposidly alook-a-like from the red ones from a couple of years ago. The reason they stopped wearing those is because of how bad of the condition of those jackets were and the lack of money to replace them. I may be wrong, but it is somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 to replace each jacket, so that is a lot of money. I am really excited to see a return of the red jacket though, and I agree, white pants suck! They will still be wearing the red pants as well.

That's good news. I liked that style a lot better.

Plus, they were crimson. The only color that any Sooner fan should wear into 'The Fock'.