PDA

View Full Version : my thoughts on the game some good some bad

usmc-sooner
10/14/2007, 12:52 PM
Offense played great. Bradford, Brown and Kelly all played great. I wish they wouldn't rotate the running backs so much and stick with one who gets hot. I wish we would throw it to Kelly almost 10 times a game.
Complaints: Iglesias and Finley need to catch and hold onto the ball. Started to milk the clock at a little over 8 minutes. We were only up by 2 possessions, when we start to run, run, pass. Their D was over matched let's keep moving the chains and we'll take care of the clock and the score.
Other than that can't complain a whole lot about the offense.

Defense
This defense can be great and can be horrible and they were both last night. Lofton, Granger, McCoy, Wolfe played great games. The defense stepped up and made big plays when we desperately needed them.
Complaints: this is the 4th straight game we've given up around 400 yards mostly through the air. To me this is not Oklahoma defense. Another thing that really irks me is that this defense at the end of halves can not hold the other team from driving the field for scores. The last one last night was meaningless, but they went from their 13 for a FG, with 40 seconds. Until then our defense had looked stellar. Then we come out in the third and looked confused. I think I'd rather have a defense who gave up a big play every now and then, opposed to one who gets nickel and dimed for long drives.

Special Teams
Horrible
I heard Stoops take the blame on this one last night, he says he needs to coach them better. That makes me feel a little better that they seem to understand they have a problem.
Hartley I thought would kick on Sundays and now it seems it's a struggle to make PAT. 2 penalties on the last missed PAT. Iglesias fumbling after a good return. KO team allowing long returns. Smith mental collapse at the end of another game. What is he doing fielding at the one?

Crowd noise was excellent, I couldn't hear it was so loud.

Now last night I kept my opinions to myself and just listened to others. A good number of people where I sit were saying that with our D and and SP teams play we don't deserve a shot at the NC game. I heard this even more at OConnells. At first I would say that I agreed. But now with all the top teams losing I don't know. I mean everyone has looked bad except for the tOSU (haven't played anyone) BC, and S.Fla.

A rematch could give me heart problems in the B12 Championship Game worries me, I don't know if we win (last night) on their field or a neutral field.

I hate to say this because these things usually come back to bite me, but our only game left that I think maybe hard for us is Tech but if OSU beat them with their D, I'm still pretty confident.

If things fall in place who would you guys want to face in a NC game. tOSU, BC or S. Fla.?

BillyBall
10/14/2007, 12:57 PM
South Florida in a landslide...

Curly Bill
10/14/2007, 12:58 PM
Complaints: Iglesias and Finley need to catch and hold onto the ball. QUOTE

Correction: Iglesias needs to be able to hold onto the ball, Finley just needs to be able to catch the darn thing in the first place. :D

Dan Thompson
10/14/2007, 01:03 PM
I just wish we would go after the other team more at the end, even when we are ahead. I don't like to let up until it's over.

GottaHavePride
10/14/2007, 01:35 PM
I'd rather have BC in the NC game - they haven't really played anyone. USF has beaten TWO top-15 teams.