View Full Version : Coaches/AP Poll out

sooner_champak
10/14/2007, 11:51 AM
We are ranked #4

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

Sooner_Bob
10/14/2007, 11:53 AM
Freakin' South Florida . . . who knew beating an average Auburn and an overrated West Virginia team could mean so much. :D

yermom
10/14/2007, 11:54 AM
that Auburn win is looking better

OklahomaTuba
10/14/2007, 11:55 AM
I giggle when I see south florida and BC on there. What a joke!

85sooners
10/14/2007, 11:57 AM
:eek:

SoonerGM
10/14/2007, 11:57 AM
so last week we were tied with south florida. we beat #11 missouri. south florida moves ahead of us. huh?

StoopTroup
10/14/2007, 11:58 AM
Kansas and ASU getting no love....

Ash
10/14/2007, 12:02 PM
South Florida is undefeated and has a couple of good wins, so fine if they're ahead of us but why the number one votes?

I thought we'd be 3 this week. Oh well, take care of business and hopefully things work out.

SoonerGM
10/14/2007, 12:03 PM
look at all the 2 loss sec teams that are ranked highly still... just think, any one of those guys could win out and jump us by the end of the season :D

StoopTroup
10/14/2007, 12:04 PM
With the way the BCS is summing up....

All of this looks to get quite ugly.

Ash
10/14/2007, 12:10 PM
Would a Boston College and South Florida MNC game be the beginning of the end for the BCS?

Possibly the lowest rated MNC game ever...or high ratings because it's two new faces and a cinderella story...

sooner_champak
10/14/2007, 12:11 PM
computer polls will matter a lot.

Not all the computer rankings are out, but take a look at what Jeff Sagarin has as of oct 14th.

we are ranked #12 in his polls. LSU is ranked #2.

Also if u see his future ranking predictor we are ranked #1. so lets see what happens.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt07.htm

SoonerEmpire
10/14/2007, 12:15 PM
South Florida #3, and Oklahoma #4????

After they STRUGGLED to beat Florida Atlantic last week and then crushed lowly Central Florida?!?!

THAT'S GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!! [hairGel]

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2007, 12:16 PM

Not all the computer rankings are out, but take a look at what Jeff Sagarin has as of oct 14th.

Also if u see his future ranking predictor we are ranked #1. so lets see what happens.

Nevermind. :)

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2007, 12:18 PM

Damn thing is confusing to me. :D

sooner_champak
10/14/2007, 12:19 PM
Nevermind. :)

The ELO-CHESS will be utilized by the Bowl Championship Series(BCS).
His ranking in red are used by BCS

SoonerEmpire
10/14/2007, 12:20 PM
Damn thing is confusing to me. :D

Don't worry about it. I hear that "Understanding the BCS" is going to become mandatory criteria in advanced science classes in schools all over the country next year. NASA is sending in their top scientists to tackle the issue...

Sooner_Bob
10/14/2007, 12:22 PM
that Auburn win is looking better

Better than our wins over Missouri and Texas?

r5TPsooner
10/14/2007, 12:22 PM
South Florida #3, and Oklahoma #4????

After they STRUGGLED to beat Florida Atlantic last week and then crushed lowly Central Florida?!?!

THAT'S GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!! [hairGel]

Beating Florida Atlantic looks a hell of a lot better than a loss to Colorado which was OWNED by K-State.

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2007, 12:24 PM
The ELO-CHESS will be utilized by the Bowl Championship Series(BCS).
His ranking in red are used by BCS
Thanks, i figured that out shortly after i made my first post, hence the edit of it. :D

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2007, 12:25 PM
I giggle when I see south florida and BC on there. What a joke!
I have to agree; BC was in a struggle yesterday with Notre Dame; Irish cut it to 6, but had a TD called back on a holding penalty or else that game was going down to the wire.

SoonerEmpire
10/14/2007, 12:34 PM
Beating Florida Atlantic looks a hell of a lot better than a loss to Colorado which was OWNED by K-State.

It only looks better if you're selective about which games you're comparing. Colorado was three games ago for us. I was referring to USF's last two games. OU's last two games:

Win vs THEN #19 texass
Win vs THEN #11 Missouri

Sorry, but I don't buy that USF looks better than OU comparatively speaking, except that they don't have a "1" in the loss column yet. Not to mention the fact that everyone knows that our loss to CU was a fluke.

Ever
10/14/2007, 12:36 PM
Kansas predicted to be #4 - That would be interesting. Can't say I mind having a shot at beating an undefeated (?) for the title.

We're #4 in the AP.

SoonerStormchaser
10/14/2007, 12:39 PM
Guys, RELAX! We're barely half way through the season. Odds are that all three of those guys will lose somewhere down the line (especially Ohio State and BC).

r5TPsooner
10/14/2007, 12:42 PM
It only looks better if you're selective about which games you're comparing. Colorado was three games ago for us. I was referring to USF's last two games. OU's last two games:

Win vs #19 texass
Win vs #11 Missouri

Sorry, but I don't buy that USF looks better than OU comparatively speaking, except that they don't have a "1" in the loss column yet. Not to mention the fact that everyone knows that our loss to CU was a fluke.

I guess that's why the entire season counts. USF has taken care of its business thus far, and OU has not.

Also, a road win at Auburn looks a lot better than a home win against MU in the pollsters eyes. Plus, the UT win is on a neutral site and UT is down this year, so that probably hurts us.

OU fans had better become big CU, MU, and UT fans for the rest of the year so that our SOS improves.

Utah State and North Texas are gonna kill our SOS. Hopefully Tulsa continues to win and move up the polls.

BillyBall
10/14/2007, 12:46 PM
Im just glad that the teams ahead of us have yet to play their toughest regular season opponents yet and we have.

SoonerEmpire
10/14/2007, 12:48 PM
I guess that's why the entire season counts. USF has taken care of its business thus far, and OU has not.

Also, a road win at Auburn looks a lot better than a home win against MU in the pollsters eyes. Plus, the UT win is on a neutral site and UT is down this year, so that probably hurts us.

OU fans had better become big CU, MU, and UT fans for the rest of the year so that our SOS improves.

Utah State and North Texas are gonna kill our SOS. Hopefully Tulsa continues to win and move up the polls.

I agree.

I have decided that I'm a big fan of everyone on our schedule this year. For every team we've already played, my hope is that they all win out, except in cases where it's not possible because they play each other. And for everyone that we have yet to play, my hope is they win all their games until they get to us. Lose to us. Then win all the rest of their games.

Saueyman
10/14/2007, 12:49 PM
NEW AP POLL OUT!!!!

BillyBall
10/14/2007, 12:49 PM
Guys, RELAX! We're barely half way through the season. Odds are that all three of those guys will lose somewhere down the line (especially Ohio State and BC).

Hell the way this season has been going, there is a chance there will be a 2 loss team in the NC game.

SoonerEmpire
10/14/2007, 12:52 PM
Hell the way this season has been going, there is a chance there will be a 2 loss team in the NC game.

No kidding. This is the craziest football season I've ever witnessed!

Wishboned
10/14/2007, 12:55 PM
NEW AP POLL OUT!!!!

Wow, USC dropped to 13. HA!

sooner_champak
10/14/2007, 12:55 PM
some AP poll voter, has given LSU 1st place vote. If u see the poll, LSU has 1 first place vote. :)

BillyBall
10/14/2007, 01:08 PM
Man, that is one weird *** looking top 25...

tommieharris91
10/14/2007, 01:12 PM
We got a #1 vote in the AP!!!

freshchris05
10/14/2007, 01:13 PM
... hows that boise movie coming anyway?? they get axl rose to play zabransky or is he still holdin out? ;)

SoonerEmpire
10/14/2007, 01:14 PM
LOL!!!!!

Big Red Ron
10/14/2007, 01:34 PM

Utah State and North Texas are gonna kill our SOS. Hopefully Tulsa continues to win and move up the polls.Wow, where have you been the last decade? How did we ever live without your infinite wisdom?

:D

Big Red Ron
10/14/2007, 01:37 PM
We got a #1 vote in the AP!!!Lee Corso?

soonersn2007
10/14/2007, 01:43 PM
While this is a great debate and the BCS is a stupid system, all we had to do was put Colorado away when we had the chance and we would be no. 1 right now.

OU-HSV
10/14/2007, 01:52 PM
I think both polls seem fair. But look at the diff in Kentucky in the polls. 8th in one of them and 13th in the other?

MichiganSooner
10/14/2007, 01:54 PM
Looking over the whole list of one loss teams, honestly what makes us the best of that group? Other than I think we are national championship material, are we really better than LSU, USC, Kentucky and on and on? Will be interesting to see how the seaon rolls out. If we had only beat colorado.

tommieharris91
10/14/2007, 01:56 PM
We're definitely better than USC. We're likely better than Kentucky, and I think we're better than LSU right now.

SoonerGM
10/14/2007, 03:32 PM
why does everyone think that LSU is so great??? i think they are a good team, but all of thier games have been close this season. and they just lost. to me that is not the definition of a team being on a whole different level. come on guys, they are just a team, they are beatable, and they are beatable by the sooners!

toneful
10/14/2007, 05:13 PM
so last week we were tied with south florida. we beat #11 missouri. south florida moves ahead of us. huh?

if Mizzou beats us then they are the new sheeat, if we beat them then they were overachieving/overrated. You know how it works.

stoopified
10/14/2007, 05:33 PM
Beating Florida Atlantic looks a hell of a lot better than a loss to Colorado which was OWNED by K-State.Maybe but CU would crush FA.

Sooner_Bob
10/14/2007, 05:55 PM
why does everyone think that LSU is so great???

Come on man . . . LSU is great by default because they play in the SEC. Shame on you for not knowing that. ;)

TAFBSooner
10/14/2007, 10:26 PM
Look who's number 7 in AP. I want some of that! :D

We could kill two birds with one stone - make up for our last two trips to the big game and the stolen game last year.

rubyspirit
10/14/2007, 11:51 PM
Hoped for 3, but 4 is ok, for now ... BC will lose this week ...

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 02:02 AM
Looking over the whole list of one loss teams, honestly what makes us the best of that group?

Well, I'd have to say that the number one thing is...

WE'RE SOONERS!!!!!!!!!!!

TXBOOMER
10/15/2007, 08:14 AM
Better than our wins over Missouri and Texas?

They beat All barn at All barn. They also beat WV. They beat central Florida 64-12. texasss was lucky to slide by central florida. We lost to a shatty CO team. Based on actual outcomes of football games I would be shocked if we get by them unless they lose a game. BC will lose but I'm not sure if SF or THEosu will. We can only hope.

Dio
10/15/2007, 08:35 AM
Well, I can't pull for texass or thug U without throwing up in my mouth a little, but I can hope Mizzou wins out until the CCG. Thank God it's not in KC this year.