PDA

View Full Version : Michael Clayton.

SeattleOUstudent
10/14/2007, 10:12 AM
saw it last night. Still confused.

Might be a good movie.

StoopTroup
2/23/2008, 09:43 PM
I watched it for the 2nd time this afternoon.

They really were able to pack lots of stuff in the movie IMO.

The rant at the first of the movie is as good as Al Pacinos rant in "Scent of a Woman IMO. Great writing.

After seeing it a second time, I think it's a really good movie.

When Clooney throws his watch, wallet etc in his burning car...I thought why would you do that, They'd know if your corpse wasn't there that you weren't in the car. That was kind of stupid IMO.

OU-HSV
2/24/2008, 07:34 AM
I want to see that one, so I'm glad this thread was started. The wife and I went to a movie last weekend, Michael Clayton was way up on our list to see. But the timing of when we got there didn't work out. We saw "fool's gold" instead.

colleyvillesooner
2/24/2008, 09:01 AM
ouch :D

King Crimson
2/24/2008, 10:11 AM
i thought MC was well done. Sidney Pollack is usually pretty good (and i know his daughter, Rachel). though, 1. no more George Clooney saves the world/George Clooney as the troubled moral conscience of our time films....please. and 2. the corporate world is soulless screed should point to issues rather than personal greed or toeing the line as causes. it's too easy and generally too "dramatic" the latter way.

jkjsooner
2/24/2008, 02:12 PM
I'm not a fan of any former LSU players but I have to admit he's been better than Mark Clayton.

Pretty good movie once you figure out what's going on...

goingoneight
2/24/2008, 02:43 PM
"Mark Clayton" copycat thread in 3, 2...

SeattleOUstudent
2/25/2008, 06:14 PM
When Clooney throws his watch, wallet etc in his burning car...I thought why would you do that, They'd know if your corpse wasn't there that you weren't in the car. That was kind of stupid IMO.

I took it to mean that he thought he was being tracked with something in his watch.

StoopTroup
2/25/2008, 06:16 PM
I took it to mean that he thought he was being tracked with something in his watch.
That makes better sense.

Thanks.

colleyvillesooner
2/27/2008, 11:00 PM
saw it tonight. Loved it. Agree about the watch. That's why he did it, plus it bought him time.

achiro
3/3/2008, 11:41 AM
Pretty good flick. Y'all had me worried though that I would be lost. It didn't seem hard to follow to me, not sure where the confusion was. Anyway, not real sure the chica deserved even a nomination for her performance let alone win the Oscar.

IB4OU2
3/3/2008, 12:36 PM
For a movie about janitors it really was a good movie.

TheUnnamedSooner
3/3/2008, 12:45 PM
Funny I just watched Michael Clayton last night as well, I thought it was pretty good.

OU-HSV
3/3/2008, 07:51 PM
Funny I just watched Michael Clayton last night as well, I thought it was pretty good.
The wife and I watched it last night too. Very good movie.
We have another movie we're gonna try to watch later tonight called "We Own the Night". Anyone seen that yet?

royalfan5
3/3/2008, 07:53 PM
Isn't about an evil Agri-Business in Omaha in some way. I feel like I should watch it for that reason alone.

OU-HSV
3/3/2008, 07:57 PM
Pretty good flick. Y'all had me worried though that I would be lost. It didn't seem hard to follow to me, not sure where the confusion was. Anyway, not real sure the chica deserved even a nomination for her performance let alone win the Oscar.
Both things you mentioned are my wife and my exact words after the movie. It didn't seem too hard to follow, but we did notice they packed quite a bit in it..I guess it felt like that cause they bounced around a little.
Also, that lady didn't do very much acting IMO. I mean her role was obviously important, but I didn't see anything impressive about her acting skills. In fact at times I thought you could tell she was over-acting it (if that makes any sense).

King Crimson
3/3/2008, 08:00 PM
I mean her role was obviously important, but I didn't see anything impressive about her acting skills. In fact at times I thought you could tell she was over-acting it (if that makes any sense).

i don't know if it deserved the "highest award" (whatever the heck the "Oscar" really means), but i thought the scenes with her rehearsing her evil-corporate shill stick in the mirror were very well done.

OU-HSV
3/3/2008, 08:05 PM
i don't know if it deserved the "highest award" (whatever the heck the "Oscar" really means), but i thought the scenes with her rehearsing her evil-corporate shill stick in the mirror were very well done.
Those parts were decent I guess. Would've been a lot better if she was hot though.
But yeah those parts were better than the other scenes she was in, as far as acting goes I guess