PDA

View Full Version : Mizzus last TD

OUHOMER
10/14/2007, 09:35 AM
From my seats he looked short of the TD. I did not see the replay, but he looked short.

What did it look like on TV???:pop:

StoopTroup
10/14/2007, 09:37 AM
Short. His knee was down.

I though Bob was gonna come unglued that they didn't review it.

Blues1
10/14/2007, 09:42 AM
Looked Short to me also --- It was almost like some ref said it doesn't matter Lets give it to them anyway...!!!! ---

StoopTroup
10/14/2007, 09:43 AM
yep.

OUHOMER
10/14/2007, 09:44 AM
Thanks, i thought so. It was a meaningless as far as the the win , but with voters who dont watch the game and just look at the scores it matters.

StoopTroup
10/14/2007, 09:48 AM
The South EZ got the Refs attention and folks were screaming at him "You Suc!"....

He turned around and pointed at himself like "ME?"....

We all screamed "YES YOU....YOU INDEED SUC SIR ! ! !"....

He turned around and ignored us and after the play he went by one of the other Officials and he was kind of laughing at him like "I don't think they like you..."

They hugged and went on about their business after that.

aurorasooner
10/14/2007, 09:49 AM
MHO is that was a give up so Fox could get to their pac-10 game. After sitting through half-the-game waiting for the replay guy to make a decision, I think Fox put the word out to the officials to just end it, and giving them the TD was the easiest way to do that without changing the outcome. I would've liked to have seen them mark it correctly instead of "giving it up incorrectly" because that would've been an interesting play to watch. Missouri pride vs OU pride, even though it didn't mean anything to the big picture. As long as the replays were taking last night, you could've had a poll of CFB fans on the Fox website and got a decision quicker, and it probably would've been correct. Must have been a geezer in the replay booth last night. Maybe it's just me but the "can't put my finger on it" impression I got last night was that Fox P by P guy was pulling for Missouri to get every officiating break and trying to interject his preference into the viewing audience instead of being neutral. It's probably wrong but for some reason it set the wrong way with me.

OU-HSV
10/14/2007, 09:52 AM
I really couldn't see from the north end zone, but I probably could've made 5 or more better calls from the stands then those *** clown refs. So I'm siding w/my fellow soonerfans over the retarded zebras and saying it wasn't a t.d. But, bottom line is that when you let a team get to the one yard line, you kind of expect them to score.

OUHOMER
10/14/2007, 09:55 AM
There should be a time limit on replays. if you can't figure it out in 3 or 4 minutes, just let the play stand. Or get rid of it all together, replay is not our friend

OUHOMER
10/14/2007, 09:58 AM
I really couldn't see from the north end zone, but I probably could've made 5 or more better calls from the stands then those *** clown refs. So I'm siding w/my fellow soonerfans over the retarded zebras and saying it wasn't a t.d. But, bottom line is that when you let a team get to the one yard line, you kind of expect them to score.

No kidding, on there last real TD drive, there was a holding call that was not called. The O lineman had our D lineman by the front of his jersey pulled him back 2 yards. :mad:

aero
10/14/2007, 10:00 AM
Better question is why do we keep going to the prevent? We should NEVER implement the prevent. The only thing you are doing is making them use up some time, and not even a lot of time. Other than that, you might as well just let them score and get the ball back. Our D was doing a pretty good job until we went to 3 down linemen and mizz got back into the game. What happened? We went back to rushing 4 and guess what? Fumble and tipped pass for int. When I saw the prevent at the end I already knew mizz was going to score but figured we were up enough it didn't matter but with the games we've been involved in the past few years I was still ****ed. It didn't look like he was in but it probably didn't matter, they would most likely have scored anyway from the half yard line.

aurorasooner
10/14/2007, 10:03 AM
There should be a time limit on replays. if you can't figure it out in 3 or 4 minutes, just let the play stand. Or get rid of it all together, replay is not our friend Saying our replay favors haven't evened out the last couple of years is an understatement. Maybe JoeC should stock the replay booth fridge with some Red Bull, beta carotene, some bilberry and several of those 2 Lb bags of mini-carrots for snacks.

jthomasou78
10/14/2007, 10:10 AM
Just for the record the line on the game when i got on was 10 1/2. So Im sure the boys in vegas were not happy about that late gift of a TD.

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2007, 10:13 AM
It looked on TV like his knee was down, then he stretched the ball across the goal; if i was a gambler and had bet on OU i would probably be looking for a new TV today.

AlbqSooner
10/14/2007, 10:14 AM
It looked awfully reminiscient of Texas Tech. And it did cost a bunch of bettors.

King Crimson
10/14/2007, 10:17 AM
Just for the record the line on the game when i got on was 10 1/2. So Im sure the boys in vegas were not happy about that late gift of a TD.

the "boys in Vegas" weren't happy or unhappy about that play. what they wanted was inna bank at kickoff.

stoopified
10/14/2007, 10:29 AM
Looked Short to me also --- It was almost like some ref said it doesn't matter Lets give it to them anyway...!!!! ---
It was a carbon copy of thta no-TD that was xcored in Lubbock.Lay stretched out on the field(clearly down)and stretch the ball over the goal line.When are we going to GET some of these BS calls OUr way?

OU-HSV
10/14/2007, 10:32 AM
It was a carbon copy of thta no-TD that was xcored in Lubbock.Lay stretched out on the field(clearly down)and stretch the ball over the goal line.When are we going to GET some of these BS calls OUr way?
Apparently....never

sooner2b09
10/14/2007, 10:42 AM
The Refs missed a bunch of calls last night IMO. I saw plenty of facemasks and quite a few block in the backs. The worst one i saw was on Missouri's last drive and they were around the 40 and Granger was rushing and got past one block then a Mizzou guy just shoved him in his back and Granger just flopped down and there was no call. It was terrible

SleestakSooner
10/14/2007, 10:43 AM
So I'm siding w/my fellow soonerfans over the retarded zebras and saying it wasn't a t.d. But, bottom line is that when you let a team get to the one yard line, you kind of expect them to score.

I guess I am just old school on this one... but I only expect a team to score when they actually do and not one milisecond or down sooner. It's been awful watching coach waste timeouts when asking for a review. Calls that would go in OU's favor are overturned and the ones against us are upheld. Replay officials 5 Sooners 0.

OU-HSV
10/14/2007, 10:48 AM
I guess I am just old school on this one... but I only expect a team to score when they actually do and not one milisecond or down sooner. It's been awful watching coach waste timeouts when asking for a review. Calls that would go in OU's favor are overturned and the ones against us are upheld. Replay officials 5 Sooners 0.
I agree with you completely, the refs suck and the review system is horrible. But it doesn't help when we let teams get to the one yard line either. We know that currently any questionable looking dive at the goal line will go against us.

rubyspirit
10/14/2007, 10:50 AM
MU stole one. It wasn't a TD. Stoops should have challenged.

GoTigers
10/14/2007, 10:50 AM
No kidding, on there last real TD drive, there was a holding call that was not called. The O lineman had our D lineman by the front of his jersey pulled him back 2 yards. :mad:
There were lots of fouls that could have been called throughout the game, especially in the second half. including at least 2 personal fouls on both the tigers and sooners.

King Crimson:

With that TD, Mizzou covered the spread.

Piware
10/14/2007, 10:52 AM
From my seats he looked short of the TD. I did not see the replay, but he looked short.

What did it look like on TV???:pop:

Haven't seen it on Tivo yet but it happened right in front of me. He was down well before he stretched the ball over the goal line. Stink call that meant nothing except some style points for Pinkel.

SleestakSooner
10/14/2007, 10:55 AM

Well see, since you can only challenge but so many times per half I believe that option was used up after the obvious fumble on the Iglesias kickoff return fiasco in the third quarter. This was caused by Stoops already being upset with refs for blowing earlier calls.

SWFloridaSooner
10/14/2007, 10:56 AM
I saw it on Television and fully expected us to challenge. When we didn't, I figured there was something they saw on the field that wasn't caught on camera. Matters not. We win.

nBoSTP
10/14/2007, 11:06 AM
I remember Reggie Smith trying to get up after his interception return and the Missouri player just pushing him right back down to the ground with no call from the officials as well.

SoonerBOI
10/14/2007, 11:07 AM

I agree. The refs probably wanted to go home...FAST!

madillsoonerfan5353
10/14/2007, 11:14 AM
I watched the game on tv after I got home from the game he was short! I dont think that they would of over turned the call, because we always get the shaft on replays! The first fumble for the SOONERS should of been reviewed and over turned! O well we won and looking good!

SoonerGM
10/14/2007, 11:31 AM
i think this answers some of our questions as to why our pass rushing is a bit inconsistant. blatant holding and no flags. i saw several low blocks last night as well. i guess nobody cares anymore if a guys blows his knees out.

StoopTroup
10/14/2007, 11:41 AM
Rule 12 Section 3 "Reviewable Plays" - Side Line, Goal Line, End Line

Article One: (a) Scoring plays, including a runner in possession of a live ball breaking the plane of a goal line.

Sooner_Bob
10/14/2007, 12:19 PM
It looked awfully reminiscient of Texas Tech. And it did cost a bunch of bettors.

Yes it did . . . on both accounts.

r5TPsooner
10/14/2007, 12:44 PM
If that's OU scoring a TD in gravy time, the refs review it for an hour.

Curly Bill
10/14/2007, 01:19 PM
That last TD was a matter of those zebras had been on the field a long time, and they didn't want to take the time to review a play that wasn't going to determine the outcome of the game. That being said the right thing to do would have been to review the play...however with that being said why would anyone think that even with review they would have made the proper decision?

Ash
10/14/2007, 01:31 PM
That last TD was a matter of those zebras had been on the field a long time, and they didn't want to take the time to review a play that wasn't going to determine the outcome of the game. That being said the right thing to do would have been to review the play...however with that being said why would anyone think that even with review they would have made the proper decision?

I don't think they would and would like to see the system scrapped altogether or for the NCAA to go to the NFL system - whatever that might entail. It seems to work more often than not in the NFL, why is it such a POS in the college game? And why do they have 150 year old retirees up in the both doing the reviews? And why doesn't anyone, including the officials, never seem to know the frickin' rules regarding replay?

It's not just the OU games that tick me off, it's gauranteed to screw several teams every Saturday.

Texas Golfer
10/14/2007, 01:58 PM
There should be a time limit on replays. if you can't figure it out in 3 or 4 minutes, just let the play stand. Or get rid of it all together, replay is not our friend

I agree. If you can't emphatically call a play conclusive, you have to let it stand and move on.

Texas Golfer
10/14/2007, 02:04 PM

He's probably realized what we have...that it doesn't matter. Since every review goes against the Sooners, why prolong the inevitable...another call against the Sooners.

jdsooner
10/14/2007, 02:06 PM
Being in the south end zone, it wa clear that he was down and then reached for the goal line with the ball.

At least the refs were consistent; consistently bad!

Sooner_Havok
10/14/2007, 06:05 PM
I have always wondered why the opposing team gets "free" challenges. Those plays that would be good for them get reviewed automatically, while we have to use our challenges just to get them to look at something.

TUSooner
10/14/2007, 06:06 PM
It looked like the refs wanted to get the game over with.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/14/2007, 06:25 PM
I have always wondered why the opposing team gets "free" challenges. Those plays that would be good for them get reviewed automatically, while we have to use our challenges just to get them to look at something.This might be the most conspicuous evidence of all regarding the impartiality of (seemingly) all zebras against OU.

bluedogok
10/14/2007, 06:32 PM
Just for the record the line on the game when i got on was 10 1/2. So Im sure the boys in vegas were not happy about that late gift of a TD.My dad's neighbor was none too happy, he took the over.

i think this answers some of our questions as to why our pass rushing is a bit inconsistant. blatant holding and no flags. i saw several low blocks last night as well. i guess nobody cares anymore if a guys blows his knees out.Well, for the most part they haven't been calling holding much against either side all season. For the most part as long as they call it evenly I can't complain too much about it. I can complain about the missed crackback blocks that they NEVER seem to call. Those are dangerous and should be called, there were several missed last night.

As far as reviews, I stated my opinions last night. It seems to be an useless waste of technology, they should dump it. I was in favor of review but after how poorly it has been implemented, it would be better just to gripe about bad calls instead of bad calls and incompetent reviews.

Sooner_Havok
10/14/2007, 06:32 PM
Any chance we can cut a deal with the SEC or ACC to use their refs for all of our home games? Big XII ref = teh suc

OklaPony
10/14/2007, 07:28 PM
That was definitely not a TD. If the point of replay is to get it right and every play is indeed eligible for review, then I don't care if somebody is ahead by half a hundred, they should damn well take the time to get the call right, period.