PDA

View Full Version : Iggy and Reggie Are Scaring Me

soonersn2007
10/14/2007, 04:08 AM
As much as the guys have contributed to us winning, they both have put us in some holes with their poor decisions and ball handling.

adoniijahsooner
10/14/2007, 07:45 AM
I agree, it could be argued that they costs us the game against Colorado, and nearly costs us this game against mizzou. To be juniors who have started since their freshman year they dont seem very smart.

fadada1
10/14/2007, 08:06 AM
I agree, it could be argued that they costs us the game against Colorado, and nearly costs us this game against mizzou. To be juniors who have started since their freshman year they dont seem very smart.
was thinking the same think. as reggie was fielding that punt, i had a jenni carlson inner monologue moment...

WHAT.

THE.

HELL.

WAS.

THAT?

HELP.

STOP.

boomrsoonr
10/14/2007, 08:18 AM
Well, for one, I'm impressed. Missouri is a very, very, good team. We did everything we could (short of throwing an interception) to give them this game, yet still won by 10.

I have a feeling there will be a few frustrated professors this week when Iggy refuses to put down the football during class.

And what's happened to Hartley? The guy used to be a sure thing. I get nervous now on field goal tries since he's having problems with chip shot PATs.

AlbqSooner
10/14/2007, 08:21 AM
I agree with the premise. In Reggie's defense, last week against Texas he let a punt go so it would bounce into the end zone and it took a last minute bounce to the right. He fielded it at that point and was tackled deep. I wondered this week if he had thoughts of that as the punt was coming down.

rubyspirit
10/14/2007, 08:25 AM
Yeah, these are real concerns. I was saying, "Hold the ball! Hold the ball!" and he fumbled. Iggy really needs to "Hold the ball!". Doesn't he know its shape that way to make holding it difficult?

Reggie needs to take a knee more often than run. Its like he doesn't scope the field first.

StoopTroup
10/14/2007, 08:28 AM
I think Bob has gotten this years Team to shake off the bad Officiating and play on with the attitude that "No matter how bad you call the game...we're not going to use your inability to call a decent game as an excuse.".

I think this is a good thing...however it sure seemed like Mizzou got the edge last night in the officiating column.

BillyBall
10/14/2007, 08:28 AM
Our Special Teams in general have scared me this year.

zeke
10/14/2007, 09:05 AM
I pretty sure that turnovers, especially fumbles, are Bob Stoops biggest peeve. I think he and the other coaches will do whatever it takes to get it through to the team that it needs to stop.
Same goes for Reggie.

I'm thinking that Hartly has got some pain or slight injury still hanging around. The guy is money when he is 100%

ouwapiti
10/14/2007, 09:24 AM
smith needs to never ever be on the receiving end of any more punts while he's at OU....extremely bad decisions......

OU-HSV
10/14/2007, 09:39 AM
Here's my take on Reggie: Helluva an athlete, good on defense, bad on punt returns.
I was sitting in the North EZ and had a good view of Reggie's first bonehead deep fielded punt. After he caught that one, Stoops was completely chewing Reggie out on the sidelines...I told my brother "good, maybe they'll finally get him off the punt return squad". BUT nope...they left him in and then later he caught the one in the south EZ, which to me looked like it would've hit the one or two yard line. And Stoops, once again chewed him out!
Regardless...you don't catch a punt that deep, I don't care if your hands are coated w/super glue and carpet tack strips! IMO it's poor coaching to leave him in there and it's poor performance on Reggie's part to field those kind of punts. I say keep Reggie on Defense, his risk on punt returns has become much greater than the reward.

TexasEx4OU
10/14/2007, 09:40 AM
Iggy also got very lucky on another kickoff, when he tried to field the ball just inside the goal line and it bounced off his hands, sideways out of the endzone. Another foot or so and that ball is glancing off his hands and out at the 1-yd. line. Why even try to field that ball?!?!?

OU-HSV
10/14/2007, 09:41 AM
Iggy also got very lucky on another kickoff, when he tried to field the ball just inside the goal line and it bounced off his hands, sideways out of the endzone. Another foot or so and that ball is glancing off his hands and out at the 1-yd. line. Why even try to field that ball?!?!?
Exactly...that one had me nervous as hell too

BillyBall
10/14/2007, 10:28 AM
If we are going to continue to split carries the way we have, I think that Murray should be given more of an opportunity to return punts.

OU-HSV
10/14/2007, 10:34 AM
If we are going to continue to split carries the way we have, I think that Murray should be given more of an opportunity to return punts.
I agree. If not Murray, then Franks. If not either one of those guys....then surely we have a talented kid that would have fresh legs and can catch a punt when you're supposed to catch a punt. What about Chris Brown?? I mean what would be wrong with letting him give it a shot? Or Madu?

SoonerGM
10/14/2007, 11:05 AM
the thing with reggie is when he fields a punt and there are defenders around him and he squirts through and gets 30+ yards, everyone is like "woah, how did he do that? what a stud!"

but i agree, its not worth the gamble. and why do they keep fair catching it behind the 10 yard line. lets see if it will bounce in to the endzone! and there never seems to be a wall of any kind on returns. special teams suck this year.

GottaHavePride
10/14/2007, 01:14 PM
I'm thinking that Hartly has got some pain or slight injury still hanging around. The guy is money when he is 100%

Pulled his groin a few weeks ago making a tackle.

If you notice, he hit all his kicks in the first half yesterday, and missed during the second half. I'm hoping he didn't re-aggravate the injury at some point during the game.

85sooners
10/14/2007, 01:18 PM
:eek:

SoonerStormchaser
10/14/2007, 01:31 PM
Are you sure it wasn't this guy pulling his groin? :eek:
http://www.clipland.com/res/artistGallery/100008800/clipland2.jpg

TheHumanAlphabet
10/14/2007, 01:39 PM
Pulled his groin a few weeks ago making a tackle.

If you notice, he hit all his kicks in the first half yesterday, and missed during the second half. I'm hoping he didn't re-aggravate the injury at some point during the game.

I think he may have reinjured it on the attempted PAT that was stopped by the officials in the second half. McEachern pulled the ball away and Hartley continued on with his kick and then doubled over.

BillyBall
10/14/2007, 01:47 PM
Are you sure it wasn't this guy pulling his groin? :eek:
http://www.clipland.com/res/artistGallery/100008800/clipland2.jpg

No way, Hartley is way too old for his taste.

SoonerRecon
10/14/2007, 05:06 PM
I think he may have reinjured it on the attempted PAT that was stopped by the officials in the second half. McEachern pulled the ball away and Hartley continued on with his kick and then doubled over.

i cringed when i saw that, you can tell he aggravated his groin injury. Hays 'Charlie Browned' him

Scott D
10/14/2007, 05:18 PM
ok this must be this week's obligatory "Bring Back Jonathan Hayes" thread.

Soonerus
10/15/2007, 12:48 AM
...was dumb

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 12:50 AM
That's an understatement!

Though if he'd somehow gone 100 we'd both be saying it was brilliant.

But yep...dumb as hell.

Soonerus
10/15/2007, 12:55 AM
I thought the 10 was like the holy grail...never field a punt at or inside the 10 ?????????????? wtf....

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 01:01 AM
Honestly, I'm just glad he didn't fumble the damn thing!

Soonerus
10/15/2007, 01:02 AM
The holy grail is you do not touch a punt inside your own 10...that's it...

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 01:05 AM
I agree completely. I've been saying for quite some time we need to get him off returns. His judgement sucks and his mechanics are horrible no matter how much a threat he may be when he doesn't fumble or violate that holy grail.

Soonerus
10/15/2007, 01:08 AM
I actually think he is a good one...just needs some adjustments....

Sooner_Havok
10/15/2007, 01:09 AM
Let him field it inside the ten if he really wants to, but let the ones that are inside the GOAL LINE go!

Soonerus
10/15/2007, 01:15 AM
never inside the 10....

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 01:16 AM
Not unless it is a line drive and the nearest defender is outside the 40

OUTrumpet
10/15/2007, 01:32 AM
I agree with the premise. In Reggie's defense, last week against Texas he let a punt go so it would bounce into the end zone and it took a last minute bounce to the right. He fielded it at that point and was tackled deep. I wondered this week if he had thoughts of that as the punt was coming down.

That was Murray that tried to let the ball go out of bounds. I was just having flashbacks to Mark Bradley...

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 01:38 AM
MAn...Don't even mention that...it's horrible mojo to even think about it.

SoonerKnight
10/15/2007, 01:45 AM
Sounds a little like Charlie Brown. :D

Frozen Sooner
10/15/2007, 01:48 AM
Yeah, I've always heard it as never EVER catch a punt inside your own 10.

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 01:56 AM
I learned that one in middle school, so I don't know what some of these guys are thinking...not just Reggie, but college players everywhere.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/15/2007, 08:39 AM
Sounds a little like Charlie Brown. :D It was...As Sooner Recon mentioned.

85sooners
10/15/2007, 01:50 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/paul--moore/dead-horse-fast2.gif

SoonerBOI
10/15/2007, 02:47 PM
First Iggy and Reg, I appreciate your game effort all the time. Second, whenever I see both of them returning kicks, my heart stops. 3rd. Hartley is not a sure thing anymore. I may have a heart bypass at 29. Iggy and Reg wants to have spectular plays all the time. My thinking is...it will come. But our special teams need a lot of improvement. We have 5 game to do it. Boomer!

Stoop Dawg
10/15/2007, 03:29 PM
the thing with reggie is when he fields a punt and there are defenders around him and he squirts through and gets 30+ yards, everyone is like "woah, how did he do that? what a stud!"

When is the last time he returned a punt for 30+?

KRYPTON
10/15/2007, 03:34 PM
Iggy and Reggie are both superb athletes but clearly not very mentally disciplined; they're trying to go for a home run every timagkl;db;gn

sorry. dropped my keyboard there. NO idea why.

So like I was saying, they're trying to hit the home run every time instead of playing sound possession football first. They've got to udnerstaadjfgnakl kajg

Sorry. Dropped the mouse.

OK to continue, I think the best thing we can do for the kickoff return game is to make Murray the only returner and put an extra blocker in front of him because he naturally presents a home run threat every time and having an extra blocker will make it tougher to stop him before he picks upasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Sorry. Dropped the keyboard again.