PDA

View Full Version : I've been watching SPortscenter for 45 minutes

King Crimson
10/14/2007, 12:43 AM
and i;ve seen all baseball filler and nascar highlights minus USC-UA, and KU-Baylor highlights.

**** off Bristol, i wanna see football highlights.

i like baseball, btu c'mon....it;s ONE game...how much time do we have to devote to ***-probing the Red Sox....(so called rhetorical question).

edit: and i guess i didn't notice before this year, but Kansas changed their helmets....AGAIN!?

aurorasooner
10/14/2007, 01:02 AM
I've seen plenty of OU highlights on both Sportscenter and the Fox highlights. This is a classic from sportscenter. Curtis Lofton he's a man, He's 40 (it's taking forever to load now for some reason, I DL it earlier and have watched it back about 10 times LMAO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_aj9uglPQg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fouinsider%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowt hread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D22820

soonergirlNeugene
10/14/2007, 01:02 AM
Waaaay too much baseball talk. Do people still watch baseball?

IronSooner
10/14/2007, 01:11 AM
Waaaay too much baseball talk. Do people still watch baseball?

In the Midwest, yes. And the Northeast. That's all that I'm aware of. Unfortunately that's where most of the cities (and hence people) are.

I couldn't care less about baseball without some sort of surgical intervention. Why it takes 9 months to play I'll never understand.

King Crimson
10/14/2007, 01:14 AM
i like baseball, it ain't that.

i didn't see the game, i had to work. i'd like to see some OU highlights, sue me.

King Crimson
10/14/2007, 01:24 AM
two plays, great highlight package.

so, we fumble a kickoff and give MU a 9 yard field and MU fans are bitching about Lofton's fumble return as "lucky" and a mixup...that cost them the game.

when it's a 3 score game with a minute left?

aurorasooner
10/14/2007, 01:31 AM
didn't see the game, i had to work. i'd like to see some OU highlights, sue me. My cable listings show the replay of the OU/Mizzery game is on Fox College Sports central at 2 AM (CST) in 30 minutes, and they've got replays of CFB that was played today, all day on Sunday, but it just says "program to be announced". FCSC TV listing more than 4 or 5 hours ahead are hit and miss, at best.

King Crimson
10/14/2007, 02:34 AM
looks like the replay on is AUburn-Hogs.

whoot.

rubyspirit
10/14/2007, 08:33 AM
I agree. They don't play many OU highlights, this weekend or ever. It was mostly Kansas and KU yesterday. Sucks

Jacie
10/14/2007, 09:20 AM
Guess you missed it where they did their top 5 teams after yesterday. If this isn't proof Holtz is going senile, he had Kansas #1, Ohio State #2, UCF #3, Oklahoma #4, LSU #5. maybe I'm wrong on that order though because it was after midnight when I was watching . . .

bluedogok
10/14/2007, 07:43 PM
I was up late watching the Sox blow it, baseball is still the big sport where some of the networks are based and in the large cities as IronSooner stated. I do think the start times for the games is ridiculous, there was a good commentary from The Washington Post in today's Austin paper by a former Fox producer about the very subject. Statesman.com - Commentary: Pursuit of dollars means losing young baseball fans (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/10/14/1014sptcol.html)

I pretty much ignore Sportscenter and just wait until the College Football Final show. As far as I am concerned with all the upsets going on, the fewer reports/replays the better. Those seem to dominate the broadcasts, flying under the radar is better in this volatile season.

Newbomb Turk
10/14/2007, 07:47 PM
I've seen plenty of OU highlights on both Sportscenter and the Fox highlights. This is a classic from sportscenter. Curtis Lofton he's a man, He's 40 (it's taking forever to load now for some reason, I DL it earlier and have watched it back about 10 times LMAO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_aj9uglPQg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fouinsider%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowt hread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D22820

that's good stuff.

SoonerKnight
10/14/2007, 07:52 PM
I agree. They don't play many OU highlights, this weekend or ever. It was mostly Kansas and KU yesterday. Sucks

When OU lost I saw plenty of highlights outside of that they hardly ever play OU highlights. Not sure why that is I mean we got the best college team in the country. Ohio State sucks. USF :confused: Boston College WTF? Seriously USC is teh suc. LSU OVERRATED. If their defense was so dang good then why didn't they show up to play? Remember back in 2000 our defense made plays to stop opposing teams offense. We had games like last night where our defense made plays. This OU team not only made defensive plays but from what I heard (not saw) it sounded like our offense was able to roll pretty well. With a half way decent defense we could beat any of the top 5 teams currently. LSU has a sucky offense that is how they lost. (LSU) Turnovers. I mean really. If we shore up a few things on SP Teams (okay a lot of things) we will be really good. If we play Ohio State in the title game make room for #8. Let's just hope that OU comes ready to blow OSU out otherwise the refs could get involved. :pop:

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2007, 08:59 PM
Man i can't watch Sportscenter for more than about 10 minutes anymore; the idiots doing the hilites are too interested in being funny than putting out good analysis(and they aren't funny)

StoopTroup
10/14/2007, 09:00 PM
John Anderson needs to train some of those guys.

He was a natural IMO.

http://www.jsports.co.jp/tv/sc/img/JohnAnderson.jpg

cheezyq
10/14/2007, 09:58 PM
Why it takes 9 months to play I'll never understand.

...and 162 games...162!!! After that many games, is there REALLY a point to having playoffs?

I watch it when I need to get in the mindset for a quick afternoon snooze.

birddog
10/14/2007, 10:06 PM
i haven't watched sportscenter in 4 years. it just doesn't do alot for me. i watch the college gameday recap or whatever the hell it is. but sportscenter is filled with crap.

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 02:14 AM
Sportscenter sucks...I replaced it a billion years ago with the net. It's much more informative.

stoopified
10/15/2007, 10:13 AM
Sportscenter sucks...I replaced it a billion years ago with the net. It's much more informative.
Net? What is this NET? Northern Entertainment Television? :):):)