PDA

View Full Version : More Jermaine Gresham!!!

Curly Bill
10/13/2007, 11:19 PM
This guy has such potential to stretch the field from the TE position as witnessed on his long TD catch, I wish we would see more of that. I know that the coverage on that play was pretty lame but he has the potential to make lots of coverages look lame. Too fast for a LB to cover, too big for a safety to totally take away, and some really sweet hands...Plus using him more would open up things for others: such as Mk, and even loosen things up for the running game.

BTW: I'm not complaining about tonight's game plan at all...just sayin...

goingoneight
10/13/2007, 11:25 PM
It is, however tough for a 260 lb guy to be open every down. I like how we're doing for now.

mightysooner
10/13/2007, 11:28 PM
One thing I didn't like was HOW they were using him tonight. They kept popping up and throwing that lateral pass to him. You don't do that! That's a play you use for fast, shifty players that can make people miss......not TE's! Grrrr.....

Curly Bill
10/13/2007, 11:33 PM
It is, however tough for a 260 lb guy to be open every down. I like how we're doing for now.

I agree, but instead of the one shot down the field it seems we take a game to him, I wouldn't mind seeing 3 or 4. I like the number of weapons we have and I generally like the way we use them. I just woudn't mind seeing us use JG a little bit more.

BTW: not a big fan of the quick throw to him out in the flats. I'd rather throw that to a "shiftier" type dude.

Curly Bill
10/13/2007, 11:36 PM
It seems great minds think alike.

msteudem
10/13/2007, 11:39 PM
They need to start calling the late hit out of bounds that players are getting away with on JG. Just because he is a big freak doesn't mean he is open to getting hit out of bounds.

goingoneight
10/13/2007, 11:39 PM
The lateral to JG is kind of a thing that is really meant to wear the outside coverage out and to keep defenses honest. The benefit, when properly executed, is JG gets a lead block for about five and has the size and stregth to drag the defense around for another five of six.

BornandBred
10/13/2007, 11:53 PM
Seemed I didn't see much of the 3 TE set I've fallen in love with tonight. Did they not run it much, or was I just wasted?

Curly Bill
10/14/2007, 12:00 AM
Seemed I didn't see much of the 3 TE set I've fallen in love with tonight. Did they not run it much, or was I just wasted?

Yes.

heh, heh :D

SeattleOUstudent
10/14/2007, 12:43 AM
Ardmore is the best Moore? :)

rubyspirit
10/14/2007, 08:47 AM

Who is 3? Other than Jermaine and Joe Jon?

jk the sooner fan
10/14/2007, 08:59 AM
i think somebody needs to go back and watch the films and grade his blocking thruout the game

give us a breakdown of how many he made and how many he missed

ouwapiti
10/14/2007, 09:17 AM
kinda like walken needing 'more cowbell' !!!!!....we need more gresham!!!!

SoonerGM
10/14/2007, 10:44 AM

Jason Witten of the Dallas Cowboys weights 266 lbs. He gets open pretty often and has 407 yards so far this season. I think Gresham has the potential to be that kind of guy.

freshchris05
10/14/2007, 12:45 PM
Who is 3? Other than Jermaine and Joe Jon?

Eldridge

Ps. I dunno if anyone has said this but i hate the little lateral pass to gresham... i mean that is intended for a faster shifty player imo...

;)

usmc-sooner
10/14/2007, 10:05 PM
according to CH and TD the guy does not grade out well, on his blocking.
:rolleyes:

BudsBoy
10/14/2007, 10:10 PM
He needs to run all those route's that Trent Smith ran. Difference is he would make about twice the yardage because of his size and strength. Coaches go back and look at the film.

birddog
10/14/2007, 10:11 PM
i don't know if you all realize how tough it was for him to catch that td pass. it came directly over his right shoulder and didn't have much time to react to the ball. sam put a great touch on the ball but it was a bit too far for gresham, and if you watch the play, he kicks it into a higher gear and extends his arms just enough to haul it in. he has incredibly soft hands for a big man.

most tight ends would have dropped that pass. we've got ourselves a great weapon for a couple of years.

Curly Bill
10/14/2007, 10:12 PM
Blocking..smocking...the guy has the ability to stretch the field from the TE position! Blocking is why we have those 350 lb. guys. Let the guys that can run down the field and catch the ball do just that, and not many guys of JG's size do it much better then he.

Lets see a Sooner offense where the "D" has to truly worry about covering MK and JI from out wide, JG running down the seam, and the threat of Murray out of the backfield. I like to run the ball too, but geez we could present some nightmare match-up problems for teams.

Curly Bill
10/14/2007, 10:14 PM
i don't know if you all realize how tough it was for him to catch that td pass. it came directly over his right shoulder and didn't have much time to react to the ball. sam put a great touch on the ball but it was a bit too far for gresham, and if you watch the play, he kicks it into a higher gear and extends his arms just enough to haul it in. he has incredibly soft hands for a big man.

most tight ends would have dropped that pass. we've got ourselves a great weapon for a couple of years.

abso-freakin-lutely!

usmc-sooner
10/14/2007, 10:18 PM
i think somebody needs to go back and watch the films and grade his blocking thruout the game

give us a breakdown of how many he made and how many he missed

I'd bet Crimson Helmet and TopDawg are hard on it. There is probably some serious pm's to JKM and who knows Rhino may lock this thread.

Curly Bill
10/14/2007, 10:22 PM
I'd bet Crimson Helmet and TopDawg are hard on it. There is probably some serious pm's to JKM and who knows Rhino may lock this thread.

My first-ever thread creating such consternation...Man, am I ever happy with myself! :D