PDA

View Full Version : It would be big next week if Nebraska can get it together

aurorasooner
10/13/2007, 10:09 PM
and beat aTm in Lincoln but it looks like just about anyone can put up 40 on the black skirts. Even bigger if Missouri (at home) can beat Tech, and K-State can beat OSU at OSU. 4 teams tied for the lead in the south at 2-1 now. No room for us to breathe. We've got to take them 1 at a time and not slip up against anyone. I thought our D played very well tonight and Missouri still scored 31 (actually 24) on us. Missouri is a scary team. Very good effort by the D. I still don't like not being able to run the ball until late in the 2nd half when the opposing D is tired. While Sam continues to amaze me with his throws, we need to be able to rely on the run if he's off early in the game. There's just not many holes for our running backs especially in the 1st half when the opposing D is fresh.

Leroy Lizard
10/13/2007, 10:38 PM
As for OU, if we win out we will win the Big XII South anyway. An ATM loss doesn't do much, because we still couldn't afford to lose to them anyway. At this point, it really doesn't matter much what anyone else in the Big XII South does when they are not playing us.

aurorasooner
10/13/2007, 11:11 PM
At this point, it really doesn't matter much what anyone else in the Big XII South does when they are not playing us.While we have either played Tech close in Lubbock or smacked them. That game scares me, especially after watching Missouri throw for 350 yards against us with that underneath dink stuff. What's scary is that going into Lubbock with a one game lead means nothing if they get the win ---with the tiebreaker. Tech has to go to Missouri and Texas, and losing both of those would be big for us. That open date before our game with aTm looked big at the beginning of the year, but it would be better served imo before Tech. The way upsets are going this year, I would feel much better if Tech had 3 conference losses and us with 1 loss when we visit them.

daMentor
10/13/2007, 11:17 PM
What? What are you saying if we lose one more game then we'll need all this stuff to happen??? What is this mess. We just need to win out, and we'll have all of the tiebreakers. That's all we need to worry about. You're talking like aggies.

Texas Golfer
10/13/2007, 11:48 PM
and beat aTm in Lincoln but it looks like just about anyone can put up 40 on the black skirts. Even bigger if Missouri (at home) can beat Tech, and K-State can beat OSU at OSU. 4 teams tied for the lead in the south at 2-1 now. No room for us to breathe. We've got to take them 1 at a time and not slip up against anyone. I thought our D played very well tonight and Missouri still scored 31 (actually 24) on us. Missouri is a scary team. Very good effort by the D. I still don't like not being able to run the ball until late in the 2nd half when the opposing D is tired. While Sam continues to amaze me with his throws, we need to be able to rely on the run if he's off early in the game. There's just not many holes for our running backs especially in the 1st half when the opposing D is fresh.

Whereas, if we win out, whatever else happens is irrelevent, I like your scenario to give us breathing room just in case we don't.

OUstud
10/14/2007, 12:35 AM
I don't think either team will "win" the A&M-NU battle of coaching wits, just one will lose...

King Crimson
10/14/2007, 12:37 AM
ATM scored 7 points against Tech's D. that's pitiful. Fran=gonzo. our aggies must be kicking themselves for blowing that one last week.

Spray
10/14/2007, 12:40 AM
I like Mizzou at home next week.

As for the D, we'll give up the yards in between the 20s on these BS spread offenses, but as long as we control TOP we'll win.

arlington
10/14/2007, 01:09 AM
Nu has a shot because Aggie doesnt have the athletes or the offensive scheme to exploit Huskers lack of team speed. These may be the 2 slowest teams in the B12.

IronSooner
10/14/2007, 01:14 AM
I hope NU loses the rest of their games by large margins and still keeps Callenberger one more year. Part of me feels bad that they're so awful, but the rest of me remembers what they did to us (and everyone else really) in the 90's. That pretty much puts any kind feelings to rest.

We just have to win out and we'll be ok.

aurorasooner
10/14/2007, 01:19 AM
ROTFLMAO.
Welcome Husker fans united to save our program!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

This site is dedicated to one thing - The removal of Steve Pederson as Athletic Director of the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. This web site is for former players, staff, students, fans and contributors that are dedicated to remove Steve Pederson as athletic director. This new organization is committed to raise funds to accomplish the following goals:

1) Hire a marketing company to build an advertising campaign to get rid of Steve Pederson.
2) Form a political action committee dedicated to elect regents that will commit to our goal.
3) Organize student groups, UNL staff, former players, UNL contributors and fans to presure the University to make this change.
4) Lobby major donors to withhold contributions until Steve Pederson is gone.

Steve Glenn is author of this site. Steve is the Past President of the Nebraska "N" Club. The Nebraska N Club represents the former letter winners of the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. Savetheprogram.com is an informal grassroots effort of former players, coaches, staff, fans, students and contributors that are committed to restoring the winning tradition at the University of Nebraska. A tradition that has been tarnished by Steve Pederson. Only removing the athletic director will allow us to rebuild our beloved football program.
Please join our efforts by contributing to the cause.

We need to raise money to get rid of Steve Pederson. We accept the following credit cards:http://savetheprogram.com/

LittleWingSooner
10/14/2007, 01:21 AM
This is worse than Oklahoma in the 90s because even though our coaches were complete idiots in the 90s our players never gave up. I don't know how they played for John Blake in the 90s he must be a great guy but they played for him. They just were under-coached and not talented enough.

Not only are these Huskers under coached(not as badly as we were I'm afraid) and not talented enough, but they also hate their coach.

Texas A&M will run for 300 yards in this one and win convincingly.

King Crimson
10/14/2007, 01:32 AM
it's not worse than OU in the 90's. because they are 4-3; a win total equal to or more than TWO of John Blake's seasons and i'll bet you right now they win at least one more game to equal John's high water mark of 5.

ATM scored 7 points against Tech's D. you'd be dumb to predict them to roll convincingly on O against anyone after that. people can lather up about McGee all they want, but they can't convert a 3rd and more than 6. they are one-dimensional and the wrecking crew sucks.

LittleWingSooner
10/14/2007, 01:35 AM
it's not worse than OU in the 90's. because they are 4-3; a win total equal to or more than TWO of John Blake's seasons and i'll bet you right now they win at least one more game to equal John's high water mark of 5.

ATM scored 7 points against Tech's D. you'd be dumb to predict them to roll convincingly on O against anyone after that. people can lather up about McGee all they want, but they can't convert a 3rd and more than 6. they are one-dimensional and the wrecking crew sucks.

Have you seen Nebraska's run D? They are terrible. Possibly the worst in Div 1. A&M is a terrible pass team but they have a decent enough defense to slow Nebraska down and they can run the ball.

Looking at Nebraska's schedule they may not have another win on that schedule. They may end up 4-8.

AlbqSooner
10/14/2007, 08:38 AM
We have to win out obviously. The teams we beat should win also to give us a bit of a boost in the computers. It could make a difference in the way the BCS formula shakes out.

rubyspirit
10/14/2007, 08:48 AM
I didn't think Missouri played all that well. We had too many turnovers.

MojoRisen
10/14/2007, 10:09 AM
Mizzou is much improved from last year - our D played well for the most part but you can not let up on teams that believe scoring is defense.

South Florida - has Cinncinatti and Rutgers left I guess
Ohio St - Ill and some other big 10 spuds

I'll puke if it ends up being Ohio St and South Florida - but hey.

Boston College will loose - at least one.

SoonerEmpire
10/14/2007, 10:20 AM
I don't have a feel for the NU/atm game at all. Both teams are horrible. I did, however, come across this thread over at texags. Pure comedy gold right here:

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=983466&forum_id=5

BillyBall
10/14/2007, 10:22 AM
Ohio St - Ill and some other big 10 spuds

Ohio State at Happy Valley at night in 2 weeks will be huge.