PDA

View Full Version : What ritual will you perform Saturday?

oupride
10/12/2007, 08:08 PM
Some people have a favorite shirt, game-day hat, lucky socks that they always wear on game day. I have even heard of one fan that performs a ritual of always eating the same cereal for breakfast on game day. Me? I tend to wear the same OU gear too. It made me curious, what ritual will you perform this Saturday?

tnraider1
10/12/2007, 08:10 PM
1 Sooner Jersey
1 Can of Cherry Skoal
2 Big Red Cola's (1 for each half)

Flagstaffsooner
10/12/2007, 08:34 PM
Face towards Norman at sunrise and sing the chant. Then I point my stinky butt towards austin, bend over and fart.

bluedogok
10/12/2007, 08:37 PM
So THAT is where that morning wind come from........

Flagstaffsooner
10/12/2007, 08:46 PM
So THAT is where that morning wind come from........And I bet its a breath of fresh air in austin.:D ;)

jawilso
10/12/2007, 08:46 PM
Gameday in our house:

1. 0800 MST - Start with College Gameday and Bloody Mary’s
2. After Gameday, Cappy Coke (captain and coke) in frozen OU mug. This requires some training for night games.
* Frozen “tub of love” (64oz frozen OU mug) may be substituted for big games
3. Wings from Wingstop at halftime – delivered

Gameday attire:

For him: Crimson OU jersey, white “lucky” hat, stuffed football to throw at TV (refs)
For her: Red OU shirt, OU earrings, OU necklace, sooner beer cozy with some sort of New Belgium product

…every game that we can’t be at. I just can’t figure why the neighbors don’t want to come over for the game anymore?

Nate Johnson
10/12/2007, 08:55 PM
1. College Gameday and coffee.
2. Throw on my Nike "Norman" shirt and jeans.
3. Make coney dogs and drink beer. Switch to water during the game.

soonerloyal
10/12/2007, 08:57 PM
I used to get all decked out with a Sooner shirt, crimson or white or blue jeans; the Sooner socks, jewelry, face & nail tats, Sooner tennies.

But then we moved to FL, and I wore it all to the store right before the 2005 RRS. You know how that went...

...I haven't worn my Sooner jewelry or the tats or socks since.

I still start Gameday with coffee in my OU mug and plant the Sooner garden flag in the front and the large flag on the house in back facing the street. The crimson candle in the LR gets lit as the game starts. I forgot to light that when we played Colorado.

I suck.

blackbeauty02
10/12/2007, 09:07 PM
Some people have a favorite shirt, game-day hat, lucky socks that they always wear on game day. I have even heard of one fan that performs a ritual of always eating the same cereal for breakfast on game day. Me? I tend to wear the same OU gear too. It made me curious, what ritual will you perform this Saturday?

Um the same ritual I do before every game. Down a 12 pack of brewskis

DrZaius
10/12/2007, 09:25 PM
1. Bologna Spank
2. Monkey Spank
3. Chicken Spank
4. Get out of bed
5. Put on THE jersey
6. Change a gas tank on my brothers van
7. Start the grill
8. Begin to Drink heavily
9. Extra Spank for Luck

:)

SoonerBOI
10/12/2007, 09:28 PM
drink from the same 10 yr old OU mug I have.

colleyvillesooner
10/12/2007, 09:29 PM
New crimson coaches Polo.
New Lucky hat (not to be put on until arriving in Norman)

BillyBall
10/12/2007, 09:29 PM
The crimson candle in the LR gets lit as the game starts. I forgot to light that when we played Colorado.

I suck.

So you're the one to blame. Sweet, ill quit kicking the dog...

AlbqSooner
10/12/2007, 09:45 PM
Get up early.
Take my meds with a glass of juice.
Get a big mug of coffee and check my email.
Refill the coffee and check Soonerfans.com.
Half way thru the second mug of coffee go take a dump.
Pretty much the same as any other day.

duviOUs
10/12/2007, 09:47 PM
pass the doobie to the left hand side.......while decked out in my 2000 RRS tee and backwards fitted OU hat, and then throw a chawskee in between my tokes....

BoomerGirl34
10/12/2007, 10:01 PM
1. THE lucky green shamrock underwear. They were not worn vs. Boise and Colorado, which explains my theory. (And yes, others were worn in their stead) :O

2. Red "Sooner Magic" bracelet on left arm. :cool:

3. 6 pack Stella Artois in the cooler. Buy one aluminum bottle from same dude at NY Pizza on the Corner. Drink on walk to stadium. :P

4. Plain white T-shirt with the name SOONERS in crimson, with well worn (loved) jeans. Same getup, every game. :)

If it works, don't eff with it. :D

OU-HSV
10/12/2007, 10:06 PM
I don't really have a ritual. I am debating on whether or not to go to the sf.com tailgate. Last time I went to it was before the tcu game (of which we don't speak of). I wouldn't want to jenx anything. However, there will be food eaten and beer drank, no matter which tailgate area I'm at.

BillyBall
10/12/2007, 10:06 PM
1. THE lucky green shamrock underwear. They were not worn vs. Boise and Colorado, which explains my theory. (And yes, others were worn in their stead) :O

If it works, don't eff with it. :D

Thanks, you were the reason for the misery...

BoomerGirl34
10/12/2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks, you were the reason for the misery...

:mad:

I haven't slept well since. You'll be glad to know I'm doing laundry as we speak; the lucky drawers will be on in the morning! :D

Sooners and Metal
10/12/2007, 10:36 PM
wearing the number 14 jersey.............:D

bigdsooner
10/12/2007, 10:56 PM
either my OU baseball jersey, or one of my football jersey's....we've won plenty with any of them, so i have no favorite, i just have to wear one of them.
one of my OU hats (backwards)
constant pacing, and no sitting at all during play, lots of coaching ( im a helluva coach btw :) ) the entire game.
drink lots of beer.

rfhlandstealer
10/12/2007, 11:38 PM
Drink 6-12 depending on kick off time, then make my way to OC's for a shot of yager blaster!! Then if we don't win it want hurt till the next day, and that's pretty much a given anyway regardless!! That's how I roll...

Crucifax Autumn
10/12/2007, 11:54 PM
I'll get up, eat something really spicy for breakfast, shower, put on my custom made by me gameday shirt and my Sooner cap, make sure the entire family is wearing their "colors", force my daughter to wear my other OU cap, and open my first beer while the kickoff is in the air and drink until the end of the opening return. Then it's edge of my seat the next few hours getting up only to go to the bathroom or grab another beer, or to celebrate the scores, after each of which I'll slam the rest of the beer in my hand.

birddog
10/12/2007, 11:58 PM
take my blood pressure medication.
do a wash and pace around when the other team gets a first down.
wait for my wife to tell me something good happened.
repeat as necessary.

birddog
10/12/2007, 11:59 PM
then drink some reebs and settle in for the night games.

josh09
10/13/2007, 12:09 AM

Ever since we got hosed against oregon, ive worn my "beat texas" shirt, with navy blue shorts, and my OU hat. i forgot to wear it OU-Texas 2006 because i couldnt find it, and we lost. Fortunately, i found it the following day. I wore it every game until the Boise St. game, when i forgot to pack it when going to Arizona. I then wore it every game this year, until the colorado game, when i had a brain fart or something, and just plain forgot to wear it. I made sure i wore it to the OU-Texas 2007 game though. I kid you not, all of these are true.

Idk if its coincidence, or a sign from God, but ill be sure to wear it tomorrow :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 02:18 AM
take my blood pressure medication.

Yeah, I left out the morning dose of Zoloft and the pre-game Xanax!

tnraider1
10/13/2007, 02:35 AM
1. Bologna Spank
2. Monkey Spank
3. Chicken Spank
4. Get out of bed
5. Put on THE jersey
6. Change a gas tank on my brothers van
7. Start the grill
8. Begin to Drink heavily
9. Extra Spank for Luck

:)

With that avatar I would wouldn't be shocked if you were being truthful. Damn your avatar, like I don't think about that enough as it is. Damn you Zaius. ;)

tnraider1
10/13/2007, 02:38 AM
Ever since we got hosed against oregon, ive worn my "beat texas" shirt, with navy blue shorts, and my OU hat. i forgot to wear it OU-Texas 2006 because i couldnt find it, and we lost. Fortunately, i found it the following day. I wore it every game until the Boise St. game, when i forgot to pack it when going to Arizona. I then wore it every game this year, until the colorado game, when i had a brain fart or something, and just plain forgot to wear it. I made sure i wore it to the OU-Texas 2007 game though. I kid you not, all of these are true.

Idk if its coincidence, or a sign from God, but ill be sure to wear it tomorrow :D

Where can I send the donation to purchase you a few more of those shirts. TIA. :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 02:40 AM
No crap...I'll pay for you to tattoo it on your torso!

tnraider1
10/13/2007, 02:43 AM
No crap...I'll pay for you to tattoo it on your torso!

That sounds like a bet to me. Should we have a poll, I mean pole?

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 02:47 AM
lol...I'm trying to create proper mojo by taking the front page and then getting my Schooner thread to the top and crashing.

tnraider1
10/13/2007, 02:50 AM
lol...I'm trying to create proper mojo by taking the front page and then getting my Schooner thread to the top and crashing.

Glad I'm not the only one up late, drunk, with nothing better to do. ;)

Actually I'm working, and will have to through Gameday, but at least I am working from home. So many benefits. Good luck with your thread snatching. :D

Doged
10/13/2007, 03:17 AM
Well after reading this thread, I'm gonna' light a crimson candle, wear green girlie undies with a shamrock on 'em and pull on a "Beat saxet" t-shirt! :D

This in addition to my own time-honored rituals involving killing a chicken (later to be donated to Booby Reid), some old knuckle bones thrown with tea leaves and a shrine to my long-dead great grandfather, the center-piece of which is his gleaming white skull topped by yet another crimson candle.

I can't believe how many of us screwed up the mojo on the Colorado game day. Yeesh, we never had a chance in that game! Get it together, people! This ain't intramurals, this is division 1 football!
;)

Zing
10/13/2007, 03:39 AM
I can't believe how many of us screwed up the mojo on the Colorado game day.

Don't come after them, come after Gundy! He's a man! He's 40!

StormySooner-IN
10/13/2007, 07:11 AM
Friday @ school...wear Gray OU Shirt

Friday Night before bed....put OU Flag out my second story window mounted against the wall.

Saturday Morning, take a shower, put on Crimson Nike Oklahoma Shirt, put on first OU hat that is too small for me now, put on OU watch.

Before the game, listen/sing The Chant, and the whole lineup...

Listen to the pre-game show on the KKGM AM Radio feed. (http://www.kkgmam.com/final/index2.html)

Turn the Volume down on the computer, turn it way up on the TV, fill my OU Mug with Dr. Pepper and its game time.....:pop:

DeadSolidPerfect
10/13/2007, 07:39 AM
Huge gameday smash!

PLaw
10/13/2007, 07:51 AM
Three tiers of ritual depending on the circumstances - for example, saxet; Big 12 Championship; or BCS bowl game is a tier 3 ritual. Tier 2 for big 12 games or high profile out of conference games. And, Tier 1 for early, lower level games. Today is somewhere between a Tier 2 and Tier 3 game. National TV, must win, etc., etc.

Tier 1 - 3
Hang the OU flag at sunrise on game day.
Check out the Oklahoman on-line and Soonerfans.com
Do the Boomer - Sooner chant with the kids about 15 minutes before kick off
Coffee, coffee, and more coffee.
Shiner Bock at the half

Tier 2 and 3 in addition to the above
After first pot of brew, shower and shave.
Appropriate color coaches sideline polo
Catch Sooner Radio pre-game and post-game
Check in with Dad for his opinion of how we will do

Tier 3, in addition to the above:
Breakfast at a favorite spot - over the years the original Vickery Feed Store, the Mecca on Harry Hines, Original Pancake House, etc.
Review previous game video and research stats on Soonerstats.com
Visit opponents fan message board and attempt to demonstrate the class that Bud made famous.

That's about it. Oh yeah, when we win a Tier 3 game, the coaches polo is worn the remainder of the weekend and the flag stays up until Sunday at sun down.

BOOMER
PLaw

Rogue
10/13/2007, 11:38 AM
Put the flag out on the front porch.

Wear some OU gear (I'm not superstitious about which stuff)

Drink a red beer for pregame.

Cue up Boomer Sooner on the CD player for playing loud during commercials, after scores, etc.

Post in the official game thread and spread some spek around for quick wit.

handcrafted
10/13/2007, 01:36 PM
I usually poop right before the game starts.

It seems to help.

soonerloyal
10/13/2007, 03:43 PM
I usually poop right before the game starts.

It seems to help.

Son, is that you? :confused:

BoomerSoonerSchooner
10/13/2007, 04:23 PM
My ritual is not to tell anyone about my ritual.

oupride
11/17/2007, 08:35 AM
Any extra ritual to perform today for the very important game in Lubbock?

fadada1
11/17/2007, 09:42 AM
nervous wreck?? check

yell at TV?? check

scare dog?? check

that about covers my ritual.

Doged
11/17/2007, 10:53 AM
Chicken has been sacrificed, knuckle bones thrown and crimson candles lit. I think we're ready! :D

Lott's Bandana
11/17/2007, 11:04 AM
For him: Crimson OU jersey, white “lucky” hat, stuffed football to throw at TV (refs)
For her: Red OU shirt, OU earrings, OU necklace, sooner beer cozy with some sort of New Belgium product

…every game that we can’t be at. I just can’t figure why the neighbors don’t want to come over for the game anymore?

Blue Paddle is da ****e! Can I come over? :pop:

After the game, surfing ALL the possible channels that could have highlights and arguing with the announcers who invariably will not understand, and therefore NOT point out to the rest of the country, the significance of our victory.

jrsooner
11/17/2007, 11:08 AM
I'm breaking tradition today... for at least half of it.

1. Sooner shirt - check!
2. Sooner flag - check!
3. Watch college ball all day - no.
4. Repair the drum brakes on the wife's car instead of watching college football - check.

Hopefully I'll be done with the blasted things before the game begins tonight!

jrsooner
11/17/2007, 11:09 AM
After the game, surfing ALL the possible channels that could have highlights and arguing with the announcers who invariably will not understand, and therefore point out to the rest of the country, the significance of our victory.AMEN!!!!

Lott's Bandana
11/17/2007, 11:37 AM
Blue Paddle is da ****e! Can I come over? :pop:

After the game, surfing ALL the possible channels that could have highlights and arguing with the announcers who invariably will not understand, and therefore NOT point out to the rest of the country, the significance of our victory.

Fixed. :O

goodonya
11/17/2007, 03:26 PM
Friday Nights in November:
Attend Katy Tiger thrashing of playoff opponent.

Sat. morning:
Take kids duck hunting then transit to the house on the gulf.
Fish, jet ski and prep for OU on TV while discussing the various fates of my neighbors' CFB teams (Kentucky, A&M X 4, LSU, MIT, & yes, UT).
Clean fish & set them to marinating and begin to get game face on (usually take the turbo jet ski & head into the gulf to take on some 3's & 4's for an hour to properly condition my psyche for a dogfight).
Make some Cabo-style margaritas and invite the neighbors (particularly the LSU ones) over for pre-game (only) drinks.
Prior to kick off, run guests off and prepare to indulge in a serious passion, shared by my family; watching OU at a high level of volume and motion.

Sun. Morning:
Rise early and fish the better of the bays or shoreline
Stop by the baitshop for a Sun. paper
Always (as a good neighbor) pass the sports section around for my neighbors that don't get the Sunday paper until they return to their primary residences on Sun. night.
Attempt to remain humble

Rinse, repeat.

The Maestro
11/17/2007, 03:30 PM
Change 14th mustard colored poopy diaper of the day from my 10 day old son...check.

Decide how early is too early to start drinking!

colinreturn
11/17/2007, 03:37 PM
Gameday in our house:

1. 0800 MST - Start with College Gameday and Bloody Mary’s
2. After Gameday, Cappy Coke (captain and coke) in frozen OU mug. This requires some training for night games.
* Frozen “tub of love” (64oz frozen OU mug) may be substituted for big games
3. Wings from Wingstop at halftime – delivered

Gameday attire:

i wish my wingstop delivered

Pigface1
11/17/2007, 05:13 PM
Switzer bobblehead overlooking things, pork chili verde on the stove, and entirely too much Tecate for our own good.

First beer when Game Day came on.

StormySooner-IN
11/17/2007, 05:45 PM
Mojo Check!

Make sure everything is in order for tonight's game. We're going to need it!!

SoonerBOI
11/17/2007, 06:01 PM
prepare dummy remote control (for wringing and throwing).

trey
11/17/2007, 07:12 PM
Change 14th mustard colored poopy diaper of the day from my 10 day old son...check.

Decide how early is too early to start drinking!

hilarious! i made myself hold off until 2pm pst today. i was ready to start at 9am when osu-mich started. needless to say, this has been one of the longest days of my life. i can't remember being this nervous and anxious for a game to start. and i've changed a couple of ****ty diapers from my 12 month old also.

Choctaw
11/17/2007, 07:22 PM
My ritual of drinking coffee until my hands shake, and sitting in the same recliner are responsible for more Oklahoma wins than Stoops and Switzer combined. Well, not really, but it sure can't hurt anything.:D

I also wear the same OU thong that I bought in 1989.

Choctaw
11/17/2007, 07:26 PM
prepare dummy remote control (for wringing and throwing).

A dummy remote! Perfect! That will save me a ton of money next season!!

Animal Mother
11/17/2007, 07:59 PM
I play "Little Bit Of Sympathy" by Robin Trower for the defense. Started in 1975 with the Selmon Brothers. I change the song for the offense every once in a while. This year it's "W.A.N.D." by The Flaming Lips. After we win I crank "Victory" by Eric Johnson. Let's rock!!!!!!!