PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever...

8timechamps
10/12/2007, 12:53 PM
Did you ever think that you were "tougher" than your dad? So, in a minute of 'ballsiness', you stood up to your old man, just to get put back in your place?!

Well, it seems Missouri is this year's version of that. Seems that every year, a middle of the pack Big XII team decides they can play with the big boys (and NO, Nebraska is not one of the big boys). Only to be slapped back into place. We've all seen it before: K-State, Texas Texh, etc.

They look at the OU-CU game, and decide that "if CU can beat'em, then we can too". Unfortunately, the fail to realize that everthing would have to line up perfect for them to win. And the chances of that happening are slim and none.

So, Mizzou fans, enjoy you little run so far. Enjoy thinking about what could happen if you were to win. Enjoy life through your p*ss yellow and black glasses, becasue after tomorrow, you'll be back to your claims of Big XII North dominance and planning trips to the Independence Bowl.

Becasue tomorrow, the drive for number 8 continues...

JohnnyMack
10/12/2007, 12:55 PM
Ask Seneca Wallace that question.

frankensooner
10/12/2007, 01:02 PM
I think I could take my dad now, he is 83 and not been that healthy lately.

Mudskipper
10/12/2007, 01:02 PM
My Dad always used to tell me that the day you are big enough to take your old man is the day you don't care whether or not you can anymore.

OUDoc
10/12/2007, 01:12 PM
My Dad always used to tell me that the day you are big enough to take your old man is the day you don't care whether or not you can anymore.
You punched him for saying that, didn't you?

Mudskipper
10/12/2007, 01:22 PM
You punched him for saying that, didn't you?

Unfortunately yeah.....:D

Widescreen
10/12/2007, 01:36 PM
My dad died in '94 so he pretty much retired as the champ.

r5TPsooner
10/12/2007, 01:48 PM
When my father was sober and not sticking a loaded gun in my face he was a great guy. I did however one day in my older, college years, quit taking his ****... he never made that statement again to me unless he was drunk out of his mind and then I just kept my distance when he did, which was usually done right before he blacked out.

Hopefully OU tosses MU aside like yesterday's garbage.

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 12:11 AM
I went after my stepdad with a dumbell bar once when I was afreshman in high school. I didn't see him again for about 5 years.

josh09
10/13/2007, 12:12 AM
Did you ever think that you were "tougher" than your dad? So, in a minute of 'ballsiness', you stood up to your old man, just to get put back in your place?!

Well, it seems Missouri is this year's version of that. Seems that every year, a middle of the pack Big XII team decides they can play with the big boys (and NO, Nebraska is not one of the big boys). Only to be slapped back into place. We've all seen it before: K-State, Texas Texh, etc.

They look at the OU-CU game, and decide that "if CU can beat'em, then we can too". Unfortunately, the fail to realize that everthing would have to line up perfect for them to win. And the chances of that happening are slim and none.

So, Mizzou fans, enjoy you little run so far. Enjoy thinking about what could happen if you were to win. Enjoy life through your p*ss yellow and black glasses, becasue after tomorrow, you'll be back to your claims of Big XII North dominance and planning trips to the Independence Bowl.

Hahaha! That is the greatest thing to compare it to :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 12:57 AM
I thought it was a great analogy as well, though this will be more like a 4 year old girl trying to beat up her big brother.

tommieharris91
10/13/2007, 01:44 AM

You just described the history of OU/osu football.

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 01:48 AM
ha! No kidding!