PDA

View Full Version : Every single Longhorn and osu fan I know thinks Missouri will beat us

MamaMia
10/12/2007, 10:19 AM
...and unfortunately I know plenty. I just caught up on my emails and its very disturbing what they're all saying. I cant even go to the grocery store without hearing mean comments. :(

I've heard things like "Good luck against Missouri; you're going to need it" and "I think they'll beat OU right there in Norman, but not by much" and "I cant wait to see you all go down."

What in the name of Sam Hill is going on? :confused:

fadada1
10/12/2007, 10:21 AM
they don't think we'll lose. they want us to lose.

they're confusing their words.

Ash
10/12/2007, 10:22 AM
1. whorns = sour grapes

2. aggies being aggies

Soonermagik
10/12/2007, 10:26 AM
I often here people talking big when there are no consequences to them being wrong. If they truly believe Missouri will beat us, tell them you would like to wager that straight up OU will beat Missouri for whatever they want.

This is often met by well give me the points. Then you can reply, but didn't you just say they were going to beat us, why do you need points???

SoonerBOI
10/12/2007, 10:35 AM
If we did not lose against Colrado their mindset will be different. Unfortunately we lost. Can we beat Mizzou? I believe so.

Soonerman08
10/12/2007, 10:38 AM
If we did not lose against Colrado their mindset will be different. Unfortunately we lost. Can we beat Mizzou? I believe so.

Personally I like everyone doubting us. I like the underdog role, and from everything I have been hearing from Missouri's side they seem pretty confident. I'm not saying that we will shellac them, but I know we can win. It is all about executing and minimizing mistakes.

trey
10/12/2007, 10:39 AM
so what

Soonermagik
10/12/2007, 10:57 AM
I'll come out and say we DESTROY them. I'm normally hesitant to say such things, but at home we are good. We spanked Miami pretty good and that was a hyped up game.

blackbeauty02
10/12/2007, 10:59 AM
I often here people talking big when there are no consequences to them being wrong. If they truly believe Missouri will beat us, tell them you would like to wager that straight up OU will beat Missouri for whatever they want.

This is often met by well give me the points. Then you can reply, but didn't you just say they were going to beat us, why do you need points???

EXACTLY

KABOOKIE
10/12/2007, 10:59 AM
...and unfortunately I know plenty. I just caught up on my emails and its very disturbing what they're all saying. I cant even go to the grocery store without hearing mean comments. :(

I've heard things like "Good luck against Missouri; you're going to need it" and "I think they'll beat OU right there in Norman, but not by much" and "I cant wait to see you all go down."

This is why I don't tip pizza delivery scum.

Curly Bill
10/12/2007, 11:08 AM
Personally I like everyone doubting us. I like the underdog role, and from everything I have been hearing from Missouri's side they seem pretty confident. I'm not saying that we will shellac them, but I know we can win. It is all about executing and minimizing mistakes.

Inferior teams, and I'm not saying Mizzou is inferior, except I sort of am, but they've historically been inferior to OU for sure, and inferior teams often display confidence: It's called false bravado, and it's something inferior teams do to hide the fact they're really scared. You know: trying to talk themselves into thinking that they really are as good as we are.

The thing about false bravado is that it often disappears when you get hit in the mouth a time or two. :D

Sooner1979
10/12/2007, 11:09 AM
I remember a game not to long ago where we were favored, but the nation thought that their mobile QB and passing attack will light us up...And that was...Drum Roll please...Seneca Wallace...And folks, Seneca is the real deal...He looks good when he plays in Seattle....

2002 - Iowa State came into Norman confident with their season riding on that game...Missouri is in the same situation...That is why they play the game...

OU - Ranked #2
Iowa State - Ranked #9

OU was favored because it was in Norman, but ESPN picked Iowa State, the Nation picked Iowa State...

One person that Picked OU was Bob Stoops...He actually planned for the game and we kicked the ever loving crap out of them....

OU-49
Iowa State-3

Boomer Sooner

OUmillenium
Sweet! More duhmaz emotions to crush with Sooner victory!

Theskipster
1. Missouri has been playing great living on 5-10 yard passes.
2. OU had major trouble against CU with 5-10 yard passes.
3. OU has made major mental mistakes in the last two games that really helped nullify the talent advantage OU had.

Animal Mother
10/12/2007, 11:16 AM
1. whorns = sour grapes

2. aggies being aggies

Egg Zack Lee

Same whorns that said they would beat us and aggies are……numb in the knuts!!
I also agree whole-heatedly that the correct response is "put up or shut up" when some fan whose team you disposed of a week ago (texazz) or dispose of on almost a yearly basis (Agnes) has a case of oral diarrhea.

Animal Mother
10/12/2007, 11:17 AM
Everyone pretend that can't tell I'm covering up a double post

illinisooner
10/12/2007, 11:24 AM
I remember a game not to long ago where we were favored, but the nation thought that their mobile QB and passing attack will light us up...And that was...Drum Roll please...Seneca Wallace...And folks, Seneca is the real deal...He looks good when he plays in Seattle....

2002 - Iowa State came into Norman confident with their season riding on that game...Missouri is in the same situation...That is why they play the game...

OU - Ranked #2
Iowa State - Ranked #9

OU was favored because it was in Norman, but ESPN picked Iowa State, the Nation picked Iowa State...

One person that Picked OU was Bob Stoops...He actually planned for the game and we kicked the ever loving crap out of them....

OU-49
Iowa State-3

Boomer Sooner

I don't want to be that guy...but that was against a Mike Stoops coached defense.

Sooner1979
10/12/2007, 11:29 AM
I don't want to be that guy...but that was against a Mike Stoops coached defense.

You dont have to be that guy...Just think positive...We dont know for sure what the outcome of this game will be until around 9pm Saturday evening...

I am going out on a limb, but here is my prediction....

OU 35
MU 17

stoopified
10/12/2007, 11:31 AM

Cowpuke fans are bad about that.They say we are going to beat you or so and so is going to beat you BUT they still want points.As stated above what they realy mean is we HOPE you lose.

Sooner1979
10/12/2007, 11:53 AM

One more thing...The whole Mike Stoops arguement does not sit well with me...It is always just used as a scapegoat...."We lost because Mike Stoops is gone!"

In 2002 (when we beat Iowa State 49-3 because of Mikes Stoops)...OU lost to A&Him 26-30....and....OU lost to OSwho 28-38(I think)....

Dont get me wrong, if Mike Stoops were to come back, I would be celebrating, but it would not have guaranteed any more National Championships...

I would not change Bob Stoops for any other coach in the College or NFL...

crawfish
10/12/2007, 12:01 PM
If you aren't a Sooner fan, it would be a good upset to pick.

I have no problem with it. Or with their frustration when we win. :D

sendbaht
10/12/2007, 12:38 PM
Good, then we will ruin another football day for them.

cheezyq
10/12/2007, 12:46 PM
they don't think...they're confusing.

Fixed. :D

OUDoc
10/12/2007, 12:48 PM
It's sad when friends need others to win their battles for them.

tulsaoilerfan
10/12/2007, 03:30 PM

Typical whorns and Aggies; they can't beat us, they know they can't beat us, so as usual they have to root for someone else to beat us; some things never change.

picasso
10/12/2007, 03:32 PM
tell them to keep living vicariously.

TopDawg
10/12/2007, 03:35 PM
Every single Longhorn or OSU fan I know is dumb.

It doesn't surprise me when they think dumb things.

douxpaysan
10/12/2007, 04:24 PM
tell them to keep living vicariously.
not a math major but do you realize that word has at least five syllables...the real question is who has more hillbillies....Missouri may have the edge but I know Oklahoma has more "Effing Hillbillies" the slasher told us so.:pop:

oupride
10/12/2007, 08:51 PM
C'mon! LoSuR's NEVER want OU to win! They ALWAYS pull for the other team! You knew this? Right? Tell me that you know this! LOL

StoopTroup
10/12/2007, 08:54 PM
We'll skin em!

http://www.taxidermy4cash.com/mouthtiger.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 01:15 AM
I hate to say it MamaMia, but you must have a ton of really stupid friends!

But don't feel bad...So do I!

Jacie
10/14/2007, 09:11 AM

Now you can tell your aggie/whorn friends, "You were wrong."