PDA

View Full Version : Ball control v mizzery?

achiro
10/12/2007, 09:05 AM
What does that mean to you anyway? a conservative O that just moves the ball a little at a time? Cause you know, I say **** that! Score the ball, over and over. We don't need to play conservative in any way shape or form.
JMHO anyways.:D

birddog
10/12/2007, 03:35 PM
i think we'll go with low risk plays and use our big uglies on the lines to control the game. i think we'll take some shots downfield, but unlike most teams we have the athletes to play low risk football and still kick their arses. teams that play spread are hiding inadequacies. balanced teams have the luxury of keeping defenses honest.

1890MilesToNorman
10/12/2007, 04:36 PM
Ball control has several factors, solid running game, controlled pass attack, field position and in my opinion the biggest factor is turnovers. If we have the ball 60% of the time, we win. Keep a guy like Daniels off the field and scratching his head.

Offense and defense contribute to ball control, special teams win the field position game.

tommieharris91
10/12/2007, 05:12 PM
Ball control through the run game = play-action bombs to Kelly and Iglesias. f we get a good running game, we'll kick some ***.

StoopTroup
10/12/2007, 05:22 PM
We need to be able to control the clock during critical game moments and Hartley needs to re-establish himself as money IMO.

adoniijahsooner
10/12/2007, 06:13 PM
Ball control is for teams that are overmatched and afraid, this football team is better than mizzou by far; and I will take our offense over gimmicks and trickery anyday. When you are balanced and very good at the run or the pass you dont need ball control. What, you guys think that demarco murray is going to see a hole and run 10 yards then fall down to keep the clock moving? No! he's going the full 80 yards in about 9 seconds.

85sooners
10/12/2007, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE=adoniijahsooner :eek: No! he's going the full 80 yards in about 9 seconds.[/QUOTE]:eek: :eek: :pop:

StoopTroup
10/12/2007, 07:13 PM
I wish our D was good enough to do an onsides kick after TD's :D

Newbomb Turk
10/12/2007, 07:19 PM
What does that mean to you anyway? a conservative O that just moves the ball a little at a time? Cause you know, I say **** that! Score the ball, over and over. We don't need to play conservative in any way shape or form.
JMHO anyways.:D

no s**t. I've never understood the "keep them off the field" crap. If we can score on one play on every series, I say do it.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/12/2007, 07:26 PM
I agree with Achiro! If we get a lead and try to grind it out well we might just be handed loss number 2!!!! Ex. Colorado!

aurorasooner
10/12/2007, 08:20 PM
OU Football Notebook: Get to the points

By GUERIN EMIG World Sports Writer
10/12/2007
Last Modified: 10/12/2007 5:34 AM

The theory is that Oklahoma needs ball-control, clock-chewing drives to keep Chase Daniel and the potent Missouri offense off Owen Field on Saturday.

"That's very important," said Sooner guard Brian Simmons.

Of course, what's most important is putting up points.

"It doesn't matter if you hold the ball and don't produce points," OU coach Bob Stoops said. "The bottom line is you need to execute your offense and score. We're never watching the clock."

"Whether it's short drives or long drives," said offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson, "we need to execute on third down, and we need to be great in the red zone and not settle for field goals." OU football notebook Tulsa World (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=071012_2_B6_spanc06475)

Dan Thompson
10/12/2007, 09:10 PM
I hope we show some 2 or 3 RB formations and some triple wide on one side and then the 3 TE's with 2 pulling linemen for a nice run for AP.

On Defense maybe a 3 2 6 with 2 deep backs playing up behind the LBs to cover the TE on short passes while the 2 LBs watch Daniels.