PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else excited about Halloween?

proud gonzo
10/11/2007, 10:16 PM
I am :D

usmc-sooner
10/11/2007, 10:17 PM
top 3
Christmas
4th of July
Halloween

LilSooner
10/11/2007, 10:27 PM
Uh, yes! First Halloweenie that I have lived in town. I'm actually gonna get little tricker treaters this year!

sanantoniosooner
10/11/2007, 10:31 PM
It's my chance to get rid of year old razor blades.

proud gonzo
10/11/2007, 10:34 PM
I'm going to my first halloween party since...a very, very long time ago. And I think it's probably been almost that long since I actually did a halloween costume.

Viking Kitten
10/11/2007, 10:47 PM
I loves teh Halloween. I get to steal all the Fun Size Snickers bars out of my kids candy bags after they go to sleep. I mean, I could just go to the store and buy my own candy... but where's the fun in that?

EDIT: It would be nice if I could f**king spell. :mad:

proud gonzo
10/11/2007, 11:01 PM
Halloween candy is NEVER as good if you just go buy it.

silverwheels
10/11/2007, 11:14 PM
I need to see if I can find one of those vibrating Nimbus 2000's that got recalled a few years ago and go as Harry Potter since I look like an ethnically diverse version of him. The broomstick would be for the ladies, though.

If not, my friends and I are going as the Ninja Turtles. I get to be Donatello.

Will
10/11/2007, 11:15 PM
Halloween Is for the losers and pedophiles!

silverwheels
10/11/2007, 11:32 PM
Halloween Is for the losers and pedophiles!

ok

goingoneight
10/12/2007, 01:11 AM
Heh... I have a pretty funny costume for work.

It involves an OU coaches polo, a white OU visor (memorial pin included) and a headset (among other things).

Guess who... :D

I'll give you a hint... I'll be lucky to get out of work alive with all of the aggies at work.

Mixer!
10/12/2007, 02:28 AM
Uh, yes! First Halloweenie that I have lived in town. I'm actually gonna get little tricker treaters this year!
Or, as they call it around these parts, Wednesday. :stunned: :eddie: [hairGel]

IB4OU2
10/12/2007, 09:07 AM

I will be next year after we move back to Tulsa...in the house we are in now the kids are to scared to walk up the lane and the cemetary is right behind our west fence. Wev'e only had 1 trick or treater in the last 6 years and he got a bucket full of candy for his bravery.

IB4OU2
10/12/2007, 09:10 AM
I'm going to my first halloween party since...a very, very long time ago. And I think it's probably been almost that long since I actually did a halloween costume.

What are you gonna be PG?

JohnnyMack
10/12/2007, 09:11 AM
I loves teh Halloween. I get to steal all the Fun Size Snickers bars out of my kids candy bags after they go to sleep. I mean, I could just go to the store and buy my own candy... but where's the fun in that?

EDIT: It would be nice if I could f**king spell. :mad:

My wife doesn't understand why I want to take Jr. trick or treating. She's all "he's only 1, he's not gonna be able to eat the candy". I'm like, no ****. :D

StoopTroup
10/12/2007, 09:14 AM
I left Dallas Saturday night....

I thought Halloween was over.

All those pumpkins disappeared into the night.

NormanPride
10/12/2007, 09:32 AM
I love Halloween here at the office. Everyone decorates their aisles in a different theme, and all the little kiddies come trick-or-treating. I always get a kick out of seeing what different costumes are popular each year. :D

MamaMia
10/12/2007, 09:43 AM
I am. Its the only time of the year I get to play around with the color orange. :D

C&CDean
10/12/2007, 09:53 AM
Since we moved to the country Halloween has become my second favorite holiday - behind Thanksgiving. No candy, and no snotty nosed little urchins begging for candy. And most importantly, no teenagers out and about doing stupid **** for grins. Man I did some really bad stuff on Halloween when I was a kid...

r5TPsooner
10/12/2007, 10:23 AM
Since we moved to the country Halloween has become my second favorite holiday - behind Thanksgiving. No candy, and no snotty nosed little urchins begging for candy. And most importantly, no teenagers out and about doing stupid **** for grins. Man I did some really bad stuff on Halloween when I was a kid...

Me too. I ****ed in a cop car one Halloween and I thought that I had gotten away with it until the next day. It seemed like a fun idea at the time.

C&CDean
10/12/2007, 10:27 AM
Me too. I ****ed in a cop car one Halloween and I thought that I had gotten away with it until the next day. It seemed like a fun idea at the time.

We used to go to an egg farm about a month before halloween and pick up several dozen eggs. We'd leave them sit out in the Tucson heat for the whole time, then go out egging on halloween night. The best was waiting for somebody to open their door - but not the screen door. If you timed it just right, you could hit the screen and all the rotten egg would fly inside.

And that was just one of the very mild things we did. Balloons full of paint thinner, slingshots and marbles, and I could go on-and-on. Of course the good Lord has punished me back 10-fold, so now I can laugh about it - and wear out the little ****heads who do that kind of crap now.

Viking Kitten
10/12/2007, 10:31 AM
My wife doesn't understand why I want to take Jr. trick or treating. She's all "he's only 1, he's not gonna be able to eat the candy". I'm like, no ****. :D

Yep. And the cuter the little baby costume, the more candy they get. The best one we ever did was when we dressed the 3-year old as Sully and the 3-month old as Boo (in Monster dress) from Monsters Inc. Dang, that was cute.

These days the ingrateful little urchins want to keep all the candy. Hey... I bought your costume. And I let you keep all the Smarties and the little Life Savers and stuff like that. I just get all the chocolate.

SoonerBOI
10/12/2007, 10:38 AM
I would not say excited but i like giving out treats.

r5TPsooner
10/12/2007, 10:38 AM
We used to go to an egg farm about a month before halloween and pick up several dozen eggs. We'd leave them sit out in the Tucson heat for the whole time, then go out egging on halloween night. The best was waiting for somebody to open their door - but not the screen door. If you timed it just right, you could hit the screen and all the rotten egg would fly inside.

And that was just one of the very mild things we did. Balloons full of paint thinner, slingshots and marbles, and I could go on-and-on. Of course the good Lord has punished me back 10-fold, so now I can laugh about it - and wear out the little ****heads who do that kind of crap now.

I assume that the paint thinner served multiple purposes that evening.:D

JohnnyMack
10/12/2007, 11:29 AM
Yep. And the cuter the little baby costume, the more candy they get. The best one we ever did was when we dressed the 3-year old as Sully and the 3-month old as Boo (in Monster dress) from Monsters Inc. Dang, that was cute.

These days the ingrateful little urchins want to keep all the candy. Hey... I bought your costume. And I let you keep all the Smarties and the little Life Savers and stuff like that. I just get all the chocolate.

I'll post a pick of him in his Cow costume. I predict multiple faces rocked smooth off on 10/31. Once they're blown away by his cuteness I'll grab the whole bowl of candy and bolt.

StoopTroup
10/12/2007, 11:52 AM
Here's last years pumpkins...

I hope we can do something really cool this year...

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/DSC02159.jpg

the_ouskull
10/12/2007, 01:43 PM
I love Halloween. It's the one day out of the year that...

Ah, who am I kidding? I love it 'cause it's my fiancee's birthday and I'm NEVER going to forget her birthday. That's flippin' AWESOME! :D

the_ouskull

rufnek05
10/12/2007, 01:58 PM
Hell yeah I'm excited. because my girl wears things like this

http://static.flickr.com/28/56601245_852a6bc5aa_o.jpg

r5TPsooner
10/12/2007, 03:45 PM
Hell yeah I'm excited. because my girl wears things like this

http://static.flickr.com/28/56601245_852a6bc5aa_o.jpg

Let me know if you need an interpreter.:D

proud gonzo
10/12/2007, 04:13 PM
What are you gonna be PG?80s Madonna. It's going to be horribly awesome. Or awesomely horrible. I don't really know which :D

http://www.80s.pl/stars/madonna/madonna.jpg

IB4OU2
10/12/2007, 04:45 PM
80s Madonna. It's going to be horribly awesome. Or awesomely horrible. I don't really know which :D

http://www.80s.pl/stars/madonna/madonna.jpg

I'll bet really awesome...we need to see pics!

proud gonzo
10/12/2007, 06:16 PM
:O :D

phead903
10/12/2007, 06:44 PM
Yeah, but this is the last time I spend the friggin night in a pumpkin patch waiting on the Great Pumpkin - I mean, after 40 years, I don't think the mofo is evar gonna show!

slickdawg
10/12/2007, 09:20 PM
In Arkansas, they still think 'Pumpkin' means something really nasty.

GottaHavePride
10/13/2007, 12:07 AM
I've got a cricket bat ready. One short-sleeved white dress shirt, a red tie, and a leaky red pen later, and I'm ready for some zombie bashing.

If I have to do any "handing out candy" duty, maybe I'll use the cricket bat to wing it at their pointy little heads.

On the upside, at this house I won't have to worry about fake spiderwebs. Steve builds real ones.

rufnek05
10/13/2007, 01:46 AM
I've got a cricket bat ready. One short-sleeved white dress shirt, a red tie, and a leaky red pen later, and I'm ready for some zombie bashing.

If I have to do any "handing out candy" duty, maybe I'll use the cricket bat to wing it at their pointy little heads.

On the upside, at this house I won't have to worry about fake spiderwebs. Steve builds real ones.

tight!!!

Frozen Sooner
10/13/2007, 01:57 AM

Heh. And here I was thinking about going as Ed.

Frozen Sooner
10/13/2007, 01:58 AM
I love Halloween. It's the one day out of the year that...

Ah, who am I kidding? I love it 'cause it's my fiancee's birthday and I'm NEVER going to forget her birthday. That's flippin' AWESOME! :D

the_ouskull

Your what now?