PDA

View Full Version : Did Daniel say on ESPN "We will beat OU?"

oupride
10/11/2007, 09:59 PM
Did anyone else hear this?

OU Adonis
10/11/2007, 10:04 PM
You talking about chase daniels? Do you expect him to say that they will lose?

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 10:08 PM
I expect him to keep his mouth shut...Guaranteeing wins is for all us fans on the net!

the_edge
10/11/2007, 10:35 PM
Perhaps he meant in table tennis?

He's going to get his butt kicked in football.

Jello Biafra
10/11/2007, 10:39 PM
I expect him to keep his mouth shut...Guaranteeing wins is for all us fans on the net!
agreed...

he shoulda kept his mouth shut. now he's gonna get his helmet stuffed in his azz.

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 10:41 PM
That'll be a funny sight...I just hope his head's still in it.

Sooner_Havok
10/11/2007, 11:20 PM
You talking about chase daniels? Do you expect him to say that they will lose?

"It is going to be a close, hard fought game, and we will be very fortunate to get out of there with a win."

Something like that.

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 11:21 PM
But that would require class, sportsmanship, and dignity.

Big Red Ron
10/11/2007, 11:22 PM
Man, I think he going to get pounded Sat. really what's a fifteen yard penalty for a broken collar bone or seperated shoulder? It's not like he didn't go lookin for it.

OU-HSV
10/11/2007, 11:34 PM
agreed...

he shoulda kept his mouth shut. now he's gonna get his helmet stuffed in his azz.
New Toby Keith song?

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 11:35 PM
I'd become a fan instantly.

insuranceman_22
10/12/2007, 12:42 AM
Nice!

birddog
10/12/2007, 12:46 AM
le tigre coach and player quotes.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100907aar.html

Crucifax Autumn
10/12/2007, 12:49 AM
Is it Saturday yet?????

insuranceman_22
10/12/2007, 01:17 AM
le tigre coach and player quotes.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100907aar.html

It sounds a lot like they are approaching this game like what I think we are....so both teams are ranked pretty high, this is an opportunity to prove something to the country/media/who ever.......

I'm ready for it to get here, but dammit I'll be getting play-by-play on my phone because I coach my daughter's softball team in a freakin tournament this weekend!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, let my mistake here be a lesson to all of you: plan, plan, plan when Sooner Football is in season.

Crucifax Autumn
10/12/2007, 01:21 AM
Heh, I was just having a discussion with my wife about this very topic when she asked what I was gonna do in a couple of years when I get my son in pee-wee football and he has a game on Saturday.

I told her, "They'll just have to schedule around the Sooners!"

AlbqSooner
10/12/2007, 06:22 AM
On facing Oklahoma's big offensive line:
"Sometimes you have to encounter them, but you really want to get around those guys and beat them with your speed and quickness most of the time. If you get a 250 pound lineman on you, you have to make a decision real quick."

Do we have any 250 pound linemen?

Ton Loc
10/12/2007, 08:02 AM
"Sometimes you have to encounter them, but you really want to get around those guys and beat them with your speed and quickness most of the time. If you get a 250 pound lineman on you, you have to make a decision real quick."

On the media coverage:
"Everyone wants to follow you when you're winning and no one wants to follow you when you're losing. That's the way it is and we have to embrace it and we have to enjoy it. It doesn't happen too often around here but that's the reason why you play college sports."

Wait, is this Missouri or :stunned: talking??

stoopified
10/12/2007, 08:21 AM
ALL I have to say to Daniels and the rest of histeam is: Here kitty,kitty.

Animal Mother
10/12/2007, 08:28 AM

I was thinking exactly that as I read the comments. The U.S.S. Vaughan on the King's team in 1978 weighed 285. Maybe the guy was taking about a h*m*-erotic dream he has nightly about a Mizzou linebacker?

crawfish
10/12/2007, 08:51 AM
Did Pinkel call us an offensive team? What the stink did we ever to do offend him? :mad:.

soonerloyal
10/12/2007, 09:23 AM
Man, I think he going to get pounded Sat. really what's a fifteen yard penalty for a broken collar bone or seperated shoulder? It's not like he didn't go lookin for it.

:eek:

Oh, HELLLLLL, No. :mad:

Stoop Dawg
10/12/2007, 10:25 AM
It's highly unlikely that Chase Daniels is going to get "ear-holed" or otherwise "blown up" on Saturday. Dude is slick.

Hopefully our linemen are smarter than our internet posters and go for "containment" instead of big hits.

SoonerGM
10/12/2007, 10:39 AM
It's highly unlikely that Chase Daniels is going to get "ear-holed" or otherwise "blown up" on Saturday. Dude is slick.

Hopefully our linemen are smarter than our internet posters and go for "containment" instead of big hits.

i think people just want to see him get hit because he presents himself in a way that makes him very unlikeable. at least, thats how i feel.

but you are correct, containment is probably the best strategy.

Stoop Dawg
10/12/2007, 10:50 AM
I'm sure Missouri fans like him fine. It's all a matter of perspective.

And hey, Reggie Bush has been hit hard a few times in the NFL, so it certainly happens. I just hope it's the 2nd or 3rd guy doing the hitting, not the first. Otherwise, it will be a very long day.

SoonerGM
10/12/2007, 10:57 AM
I'm sure Missouri fans like him fine. It's all a matter of perspective.

i suppose several of them do, but i think that speaks loads about thier fanbase. similar situation for us, bomar was a boneheaded jerk, i never liked him. i think there were many other sooner fans that didnt like him either. being on my favorite team doesnt give someone a free pass to be an arrogant ***.

Scott D
10/12/2007, 01:00 PM

in college the current trend is for defensive ends to be between 240-270 lbs. so, yes to a degree, we call him Auston English.

OUDoc
10/12/2007, 01:20 PM
Does his mommy still wear the GIANT saucer-sized picture of him on her chest? That killed me last year.
Psst, he's in college, not jr high. And it embarrassed him even then.

SoonerGM
10/12/2007, 03:33 PM
in college the current trend is for defensive ends to be between 240-270 lbs. so, yes to a degree, we call him Auston English.

but the quote was in reference to the offensive line.

RedstickSooner
10/12/2007, 03:41 PM

That'll be a funny sight...I just hope his head's still in it.

I just gotta say, for the record: Some of my fellow Sooners are fans of some *weird* pr0n. NTTAWWT

:D

PAW
10/12/2007, 05:19 PM
"I'm glad K-State and Colorado won," Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel told the Columbia (Mo.) Daily Tribune. "You can look at it one of two ways: You can look at it like 'The Big 12 is back,' or you can look at it like,'The Big 12 sucks.' I'm looking at it like 'The Big 12 North is back.'

"Oklahoma had been killing people, absolutely just murdering them, and putting up 60 points a game. … And (OU got) smoked on a last-second field goal by a Colorado team that won two games last year."

StoopTroup
10/12/2007, 05:25 PM
He'll see some real smoke tomorrow.

It'll be in his eyes all day.

Mark_of_Tulsa
10/12/2007, 06:03 PM
On the media coverage:
"Everyone wants to follow you when you're winning and no one wants to follow you when you're losing. That's the way it is and we have to embrace it and we have to enjoy it. It doesn't happen too often around here but that's the reason why you play college sports."

Wait, is this Missouri or :stunned: talking??

Unless your ND, then losing is bigger story than winning.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/12/2007, 06:13 PM
i think people just want to see him get hit because he presents himself in a way that makes him very unlikeable. at least, thats how i feel.

but you are correct, containment is probably the best strategy.
How does he present himself to be unlikeable? And Daniel can and does take big hits all the time, the kid is pretty tuff. Our D needs to focus on limiting his runs and our secondary needs to start playing, otherwise things could get a little dicey.

Big Red Ron
10/12/2007, 06:45 PM

Hopefully our linemen are smarter than our internet posters and go for "containment" instead of big hits.I guess you missed the game last year. We pounded him relentlessly. Look for more of the same, as we'll blitz more in this game than we have all season.

SoonerGM
10/12/2007, 07:46 PM
How does he present himself to be unlikeable? And Daniel can and does take big hits all the time, the kid is pretty tuff. Our D needs to focus on limiting his runs and our secondary needs to start playing, otherwise things could get a little dicey.

i never said that he doesnt take big hits. i know he does. the problem is he gets up after every single hit(well, on the games that i have watched anyway) and gets in the defenders face, making gestures like "is that all you got?". i mean... he is not the only guy on the field taking hits. but he is the only one hopping up and down like a monkey each time. he is just too cocky, pick any number of interviews and read his comments.

plus he eats his boogers :D

i do think he is a good player, i just dont like him.

Scott D
10/12/2007, 10:17 PM
but the quote was in reference to the offensive line.

not really, why would an offensive lineman be 'on you' in such a manner that you'd be trying to avoid them? It's more of a reference to defensive ends.

BoomerGirl34
10/12/2007, 10:29 PM
He'll see some real smoke tomorrow.

It'll be in his eyes all day.

Or coming from his various body orifices....:D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/12/2007, 10:35 PM

It was late in the game last year but he definitely got his bell rung and he might have even had a slight concussion. He's a good QB but make no mistake we plan to hit him early and often tommorrow.

Sooners and Metal
10/12/2007, 10:46 PM
.......And what is all this talk on ESPN and FSN about him being likely for the Heisman this year,are you kidding me? Hopefully OU changes all that tomorrow,he needs to be rocked! Keep it toghether Sooners and lets win this one!

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 12:59 AM
I researched this topic and found that the quote was taken out of context. what he actually said was "we'll beat OU to the locker room on Saturday and ask coach for words of wisdom".

Big Red Ron
10/13/2007, 01:03 AM
.......And what is all this talk on ESPN and FSN about him being likely for the Heisman this year,are you kidding me? Hopefully OU changes all that tomorrow,he needs to be rocked! Keep it toghether Sooners and lets win this one!Senaca Walacace > Daniel x 10

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 02:16 AM
Pee Wee Herman > Daniel x 10

Fixed!

goingoneight
10/13/2007, 02:34 AM
A-ahem... last year... in Columbia... with a lesser OU team. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6OxEMjG6hY&mode=related&search=Oklahoma%20Football%20Missouri%20Sports)

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 02:42 AM
Yep...we're gonna play our best game of the season tomorrow afternoon.