PDA

View Full Version : I'm canceling my SuddenLink cable

MamaMia
10/11/2007, 09:23 PM
Since September I've not been able to watch TV without constantly losing the picture. We'll still have sound, but no picture. This is happening on all the sets but not at the same time. At first it was just the local channels, but now its happening on ESPN and other channels. Every time I call the cable company I get a different story. They kept sending hits to the TVs, but it never fixed the problem. They also told me a couple of times that they would send someone to check the poll. Then the lady said that it may be my TV or the wiring inside the house, so a gentleman from my church came over and switched out the TV sets and wiring, just to make sure the problem wasn't on our end. After talking to a technician today, I realized that they knew all along the problem wasn't on my end.

On three occasions, technicians were scheduled to come in the house to try to fix the problem, but they never showed. There was a guy who worked for them who fixed things really well, but I learned he doesn't work for them anymore. I called the supervisor on Monday. She scheduled another appointment for yesterday and again, nobody showed. By now, I've taken off more days than I can afford to wait for cable guys. :(

Last night I called again and was not very nice about it. Finally a cable guy shows up this afternoon and tells me that he answers dozens of these calls a week and that its been going on for months all over town. He says his own cable does the same thing and that the problem's not on Suddenlinks end but its the 'hit peoples' fault. :confused:

I have not been able to record any OU football games this whole season. I'm very upset that I had Lester over here switching TVs and wiring out for no reason since Suddenlink knew all along the problem was not my TVs and wiring and also that the problem was not even fixable. Not fixable?

Two questions:
1) What the hell is a cable hit person?
2)What satellite company and plan can I subscribe to that will have all the OU games?

SoonerGirl06
10/11/2007, 09:34 PM
Since September I've not been able to watch TV without constantly losing the picture. We'll still have sound, but no picture. This is happening on all the sets but not at the same time. At first it was just the local channels, but now its happening on ESPN and other channels.

This has been happening to me alot lately... but only with the Fox News Channel. Moi is not happy about it either.

GrapevineSooner
10/11/2007, 09:36 PM
1) Dunno. I work with computers. ;)

2) From my understanding there's not much difference between Dish and DirecTV as far as College Football goes. Both offer ESPN Gameplan.

Where do you live? I ask because I live in North Texas where AT&T is the local phone company and I have a package deal with DSL/local phone/Dish.

47straight
10/11/2007, 11:07 PM
Dishnetwork with a package that has Fox Sports SW, and I get all but the PPV games.

bluedogok
10/11/2007, 11:08 PM
I have had DirecTV for 8 years after leaving Multimedia Cablevision in The Village and never thought twice about going back, my sister has Dish and left Cox Cable in OKC behind. Both DirecTV and Dish have a Sports Pack option which typically gives you all of the regional sports networks and many other sports channels. I have the NFL Sunday ticket package which is only on DirecTV. I have Time Warner Cable for my internet but no TV, on the TV side they have a Bevo OnDemand and a full-time Bevo channel, I will not pay for that.