PDA

View Full Version : Geez, these Missouri fans...

Soonerus
10/11/2007, 09:20 PM
...are borish...

tnraider1
10/11/2007, 09:59 PM
They are saying the same about Sooner fans.

CatfishSooner
10/11/2007, 10:01 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

royalfan5
10/11/2007, 10:33 PM
are you new to college football? Mizzou fans are the same as they ever were.

the_edge
10/11/2007, 10:36 PM
Missouri sports fans are waiting for Norm Stewart to come back.

OKC Sooner
10/12/2007, 12:21 AM
Missouri sports fans are waiting for Norm Stewart to come back.
The fat guy from Cheers???

goingoneight
10/12/2007, 12:23 AM
:les: THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!111!!11

DocNice
10/12/2007, 12:49 AM
I don't want to be a flamer, but OU fans aren't perfect either. Every group of fans has a level headed contingent and some who are less level headed.

The main thing I've noticed about OU fans is that quite a few seem to have an attitude of...entitlement. National championships, BCS bowl games, 4 and 5 star recruits. You are obviously football royalty. But sometimes it seems like you just can't seem to believe that anyone not in that club could possibly be as talented or as good as you.

To turn that scrutiny towards Mizzou, I'd say Mizzou fans's biggest shortcoming is our sense that we're still a traditional football power, despite not really being good in most young people's memory. There are people that want to fire Pinkel for not winning a conference championship yet. When we start winning, expectations can get a little overboard. That's probably happening a little bit right now. But Mizzou is a very very good team IMHO. The offense is top 15 at worst, and if the defense can even be top 50, we'll win 10+ games this year. JMHO.

Crucifax Autumn
10/12/2007, 12:52 AM
Wow...an opposing fan that made a post that didn't make me wanna neg 'em and punch 'em. I like the more balanced approch you take compared to others. PErhaps you should be a therapist for the rest of your fans and for that matter other teams' fans.

As for our royalty...

THAT'S RIGHT and you better like it!!!!!!

boomersooner28
10/12/2007, 02:27 AM
Winningest program since World War 2. We have the right.

Octavian
10/12/2007, 03:07 AM
...OU fans aren't perfect either.

[hairGel] THAT'S NOT TRUE!!

SO GET YER FACTS STRAIGHT!![hairGel]

fadada1
10/12/2007, 06:19 AM
missouri plays football????

SoonerJack
10/12/2007, 10:51 AM
I don't think we have a sense of entitlement but I do think we have a sense of expectation. We know that every team will be gunning for us and that the media likes nothing more than to see "fabled programs" upset.

While this should be a great (read, "close") game, I'm hoping we witness a Sam Bradford-Malcolm Kelly touchdown fest.

8timechamps
10/12/2007, 12:56 PM
I don't think we have a sense of entitlement but I do think we have a sense of expectation.

Nail, meet hammer.

cheezyq
10/12/2007, 01:13 PM
The main thing I've noticed about OU fans is that quite a few seem to have an attitude of...entitlement. National championships, BCS bowl games, 4 and 5 star recruits.

That entitlement comes from those things that you mentioned right there. I don't personally have anything against Missouri fans (I live in KC) either, but it's offensive to hear players (and sometimes fans) that talk trash when they haven't earned the right. Missouri's a good team and I think the majority of the posters here recognize that. If we talk trash, it's because we ARE entitled.

That said, most Mizzou fans I know (and I know a lot) are pretty cool. They support their team and are excited to see them win, but are suspicious of Pinkel because of his track record of screwing things up. They recognize that they are getting closer to being relevant on the national level and are nervous that Pinkel is going to jack it up, like in year's past. I don't think Mizzou wins this week, but I think they make a good game of it.

At least you're not a K-State fan...

swardboy
10/12/2007, 02:32 PM
I don't want to be a flamer, but OU fans aren't perfect either. Every group of fans has a level headed contingent and some who are less level headed.

The main thing I've noticed about OU fans is that quite a few seem to have an attitude of...entitlement. National championships, BCS bowl games, 4 and 5 star recruits. You are obviously football royalty. But sometimes it seems like you just can't seem to believe that anyone not in that club could possibly be as talented or as good as you.

To turn that scrutiny towards Mizzou, I'd say Mizzou fans's biggest shortcoming is our sense that we're still a traditional football power, despite not really being good in most young people's memory. There are people that want to fire Pinkel for not winning a conference championship yet. When we start winning, expectations can get a little overboard. That's probably happening a little bit right now. But Mizzou is a very very good team IMHO. The offense is top 15 at worst, and if the defense can even be top 50, we'll win 10+ games this year. JMHO.

http://www.nd.edu/~reu/sounds/badday.wav :D

StormySooner-IN
10/12/2007, 02:44 PM
But it always seems like Notre Dame just can't seem to believe that anyone not in that club could possibly be as talented or as good as them.
Fixed.:D

Seriously, same thing CrucifaxA said.

Piware
10/12/2007, 02:55 PM
To turn that scrutiny towards Mizzou, I'd say Mizzou fans's biggest shortcoming is our sense that we're still a traditional football power, despite not really being good in most young people's memory. There are people that want to fire Pinkel for not winning a conference championship yet. When we start winning, expectations can get a little overboard. That's probably happening a little bit right now. But Mizzou is a very very good team IMHO. The offense is top 15 at worst, and if the defense can even be top 50, we'll win 10+ games this year. JMHO.[/QUOTE]

Unsolicited advice for Mizzou fans: Act like you have been there - even if you haven't. Hope everyone has an enjoyable time in Norman and safe travels.

picasso
10/12/2007, 03:22 PM

winning will make you spoiled Doc.

picasso
10/12/2007, 03:24 PM
I don't think we have a sense of entitlement but I do think we have a sense of realistic expectation.

fixed.

this is the part oSu, aTm, dorks, etc. don't understand.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/12/2007, 07:35 PM
Booger Eaters!!! Let her Rip

Cam
10/12/2007, 08:41 PM
missouri plays football????
I've also heard they lift weights.

We're DOOMED. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nate Johnson
10/12/2007, 08:48 PM
Unsolicited advice for Mizzou fans: Act like you have been there - even if you haven't. Hope everyone has an enjoyable time in Norman and safe travels.

+1. Nice post.

Geekboy
10/12/2007, 10:03 PM
...are borish...
better to be borish than a barbarian.....;)

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 02:25 AM
Better to be a barbarian than a Tigger!

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 02:26 AM
And better to be a SOONER than an...ANYONE ELSE!!!!!!!