PDA

View Full Version : Getting a little aggyish on Tigerboard

tnraider1
10/11/2007, 07:48 PM
a plea to Coach Pinkel, his staff, and the team
please beat the hell out of ou. we know you didn't want to show too much of the playbook this early in the season, but i say open it up. attack often and early, then attack some more. 1:00 left in the half and we have the ball? don't sit on it; go for the score even if we're up 100-0. cheat if you have to. just beat the bastards. i've also got $100 for any player whose "momentum" carries them out of bounds and "accidentally" takes out Stoops.

scratch that. make it a grand.

Posted by: Pickle

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=4914854

OH, forgot the :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KantoSooner
10/11/2007, 07:55 PM
I can see Mr. Daniel having a bit more of Mssrs Granger and McCoy than he might like.
And then not seeing Mr. English coming.

Can't throw too well when you can't focus your eyes.

yukonsooner
10/11/2007, 08:02 PM
Is that NCAA violation - offering money to a player???

soonergirlNeugene
10/11/2007, 08:17 PM
That was one of the aggiest threads I've seen anywhere. You have to work hard to sound even more ignorant than the folks over at orangepower, texags, and hornfans, but that takes the cake.

Way to ag it up, Mizzou! You guys are about as classy as the swamp tigers. :twinkies:

angelosooner
10/11/2007, 08:34 PM
I now live in Missouri and can tell you that although there are classy people in most places that I have lived in my 20 year Army career, they are hard to find in MO. This is typical behavior from a fan base that has seen very little success in their long history.

tnraider1
10/11/2007, 08:38 PM
I went to MizzOU for a semester. Not the brightest bunch, and yes very aggyish. Every Saturday morning I had to listen to "Eye of the Tiger" for hours on end. Went to my first OU game there in 98, not a great experience. Didn't go over to well in the Frat house when I put on my Sooner Jersey that morning. :)

Soonerus
10/11/2007, 08:45 PM
Weak....

SoonerLB
10/11/2007, 08:59 PM
May Mr. Stoops hand them their *** on a platter! :)

BoomerGirl34
10/11/2007, 09:03 PM
Sounds like the feverish cry of desperation from a fearful fan.....a little English, Granger and company will ratchet up those fears until they pee themselves.

David Earl
10/11/2007, 09:08 PM
Is that NCAA violation - offering money to a player???

Yeah, or illegal since the offer was for somebody to crash into Stoops.

Soonerus
10/11/2007, 09:12 PM

Criminal conspiracy for assualt and/battery of Stoops...

MextheBulldog
10/11/2007, 09:33 PM
that some bush league

DocNice
10/11/2007, 09:34 PM
please beat the hell out of ou. we know you didn't want to show too much of the playbook this early in the season, but i say open it up. attack often and early, then attack some more. 1:00 left in the half and we have the ball? don't sit on it; go for the score even if we're up 100-0. cheat if you have to. just beat the bastards. i've also got $100 for any player whose "momentum" carries them out of bounds and "accidentally" takes out Stoops.

This is an inside joke. He posted an identical post last week about Callahan, somewhat tongue in cheek. I guess after spanking NU he thought it was good luck. Still, pickle is one of our more colorful posters.

tnraider1
10/11/2007, 09:42 PM
This is an inside joke. He posted an identical post last week about Callahan, somewhat tongue in cheek. I guess after spanking NU he thought it was good luck. Still, pickle is one of our more colorful posters.

Wow, now that's just sad.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/11/2007, 09:51 PM
inside jokes can still be aggyish.

bmrsnou
10/11/2007, 09:58 PM
In my experience with them, most have been aggyish. Sorta like K-State, just not as bad.

My dad took me up there in '83 or was it '84? Anyway, I was 12 y/o, but that didn't stop them from hurling insults at us. I've always had it in for them!!

r5TPsooner
10/11/2007, 10:04 PM

Conspiracy to commit assault.

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 10:36 PM
Looks more like a conspiracy to say ignorant BS to me.

Doged
10/11/2007, 11:25 PM
I gotta' disagree that Mizzou fans are anywhere near as aggie-ish as either aggie bunch. That guy was just posting a mojo post, is all. I only spent a few minutes poking around over there but the fans on that board seem pretty well grounded. They know their team will have to play extremely well and hope for some gifts from the Sooners to pull off the upset and they're excited about their team and the way the season shapes up for them, win or lose this weekend.

Typical aggies are far more interested in the Sooners losing than they are about anything to do with their own team.

I got no problem with those Tig fans at all, but hey, maybe I'm missing something. :)

goingoneight
10/12/2007, 12:36 AM
Question: Why do people hate Stoops so much?

They are terribly uninformed about the guy. All I ever read or hear from other oppnents is he is "arrogant," or "classless." The guy has only ever smarted off at the edia from what I've seen. Hell, I saw him prior to the 2003 Bed-dumb game and he was shaking hands of OSU fans and telling them "good luck." If anyone has ever seen the look on those childrens' hospital kids faces when they are around Stoops, or know even half of the charities he's involoved in... they'd feel like an *** just for thinking badly of him.

insuranceman_22
10/12/2007, 12:53 AM
The kicker to the deal on Stoops is that he never seeks out credit for all the good deeds he does off the field. He does truly have class. He's not arrogant, he is confident. You don't see him make an *** out of himself like ol' lester did. He tells it like it is, then goes out and usually get the results he and the team are aiming for. He doesn't go after credit for the way he conducts business with the team (not just wins and losses), the Bomar deal, Dusty D. deal.......Stoops (unlike Gundy) really is the man. He runs a pretty tight ship, has excellent results and is building a great reputation to the Sooner Nation as a quality person as well as a great coach. I'm certainly glad we have!

Crucifax Autumn
10/12/2007, 01:02 AM
Yep...Best thing to ever come out of the state of Ohio.

birddog
10/12/2007, 01:07 AM
one of the media guys commented to stoops that he seemed like he had been in a good mood lately. stoops responded by saying " i'm very rarely in a bad mood. i might come off like i'm mad all the time but that's just how i talk. sometimes my kids ask my wife if i'm mad at them, but now they understand that's just how i talk. maybe being from youngstown has something to do with it."

stoops really is a good guy. he's just all business and does a great job of representing our university.

Octavian
10/12/2007, 01:14 AM
Question: Why do people hate Stoops so much?

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/9846/ferrelltrebeknd1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Answer: a national championship, a 91-20 record, and a gawdy trophy case.

.....and the M-I-Z post is kinda funny.

Crucifax Autumn
10/12/2007, 01:17 AM
The only people who hate Stoops are the ones who wish he was coaching their team. It's all about the penis envy.

adoniijahsooner
10/12/2007, 08:51 AM
i love stoops, its refreshing to hear a coach not make excuses and talks the truth at all times. He is one of the only coaches I know who takes each opponent seriously.

Landthief 1972
10/12/2007, 09:06 AM
one of the media guys commented to stoops that he seemed like he had been in a good mood lately. stoops responded by saying " i'm very rarely in a bad mood. i might come off like i'm mad all the time but that's just how i talk. sometimes my kids ask my wife if i'm mad at them, but now they understand that's just how i talk. maybe being from youngstown has something to do with it."

He could talk like a Dell tech support flunky from India for all I care as long as he keeps winning. :D

Animal Mother
10/12/2007, 09:24 AM
In regard to Stoops, self confidence and being at ease with your own bad self will get you in trouble in many situations. Especially when dealing with people that project their inadequacies toward you, namely the rodents that inhabit the media. It is very similar to not being intimidated by your boss at work.
Geez! It’s Friday!!! Don’t even get me started about work. “I’ll go all night if you want me too.”

OUMallen
10/12/2007, 09:54 AM
I'd rather opposing fans feel hatred instead of apathy. Means we're worth somethign.

Stoop Dawg
10/12/2007, 10:09 AM
I'm impressed that they even have a message board. Nice.

SoonerRecon
10/12/2007, 10:21 AM

almost shot coffee out my nose from that one, good work.

r5TPsooner
10/12/2007, 10:27 AM
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/9846/ferrelltrebeknd1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Answer: a national championship, a 91-20 record, a hot *** wife, and a gawdy trophy case.

.....and the M-I-Z post is kinda funny.

FIXED.

Texas Golfer
10/12/2007, 10:39 AM
I guess the Missouri pickle just proved that you can't fix stupid.

aurorasooner
10/12/2007, 11:12 AM
Lets take a look at Missouri football. Missouri is only 1 of 2 states in the Big 12 conference with 1 Major D-1 school (Nebraska is the other). The Missouri football program is within proximity of 2 major cities (St. Louis and Kansas City) for recruiting. Obviously they have no Big 12 Championships, so lets take a look at Big 8 football championships. Missouri has 12 big 8 championships. Are you kiddin' me, 10 of those 12 came before 1945. For crying out loud, that leaves 2 since 1945 and one was in 1960 and the last (a co-championship) came in 1969. (Wikipedia, Big 8 conference). This may be the most underachieving single state major university D-1 football program outside of the Dakotas, Maine, Rhode Island, Delaware and perhaps Vermont and New Hampshire and the one with the most population. WTH have they been doing up there in football for the last 45 years? No wonder their fans are getting a little weird. Their students haven't seen a conference championship in their lifetime and none of their fans 45 years old or younger can remember one. Pinkel has been there since 2001 and has compiled records of 4-7, 5-7, 8-5, 5-6, 7-5 and 8-5. That's the kind of progam Calleyhand should've looked for. I've watched Sooner football for quite a while, and the only thing I know about Missouri is, they're sometimes tough to play Columbia. I remember several players they list as noteable. Roger Wehrli, Lloyd Carr, Jim Levitt, and several they list as AAs, Wehrli, Winslow (the father), and Johnny Roland and except for Brad Smith, I've never heard of any of the others. They list Brad Smith as an All-American. I don't know, maybe he was an academic All-American. I don't remember him making any All-American teams, but I could be wrong. They strung together 2 winning seasons in a row, 7-5 and 8-5, no wonder their fans are going ape-S*&t, this year. btw, I had no idea why the Missouri mascot is the Tiger. I thought it was just one of those lame "let's pick a ferocious animal" for our mascot, Bear, lion, wildcat, etc type of deals. Interesting reading.
he nickname "Tigers," given to Mizzou's athletic teams, traces its origin to the Civil War period. Also, If any of you Sooner fans don't have a clue where our nickname came from like that Bonehead interviewed by that Leno intern, Ross the Toss, then Google it, or Wikipedia it. At that time, plundering guerilla bands habitually raided small towns, and Columbia people constantly feared an attack. Such organizations as temporary "home guards" and vigilance companies banded together to fight off any possible forays.

The town's preparedness discouraged any guerilla activity and the protecting organization began to disband in 1854. However, it was rumored that a guerilla band, led by the notorious Bill Anderson, intended to sack the town. Quickly organized was an armed guard of Columbia citizens, who built a blockhouse and fortified the old courthouse in the center of town. This company was called "The Missouri Tigers."

The marauders never came. The reputation of the intrepid "Tigers" presumably traveled abroad, and Anderson's gang detoured around Columbia.

Soon after Missouri's first football team was organized in 1890, the athletic committee adopted the nickname "Tiger" in official recognition of those Civil War defenders.

Their spirit is now embodied in the MU mascot - "Truman the Tiger." Named for the Missouri-bred President of the United State - Harry S. Truman - the mascot performs at all MU football and basketball games, and many other athletic events. Truman also makes numerous civic appearances, at schools, hospitals, county fairs, etc.

OUDoc
10/12/2007, 11:38 AM
Also, If any of you Sooner fans don't have a clue where our nickname came from like that Bonehead interviewed by that Leno intern, Ross the Toss, then Google it, or Wikipedia it.

But that might indicate we give a sh!t.

Ash
10/12/2007, 11:52 AM
wikipedia know-it-alls crack me up, so much factually wrong stuff in there...

Zoo Keeper
10/12/2007, 01:42 PM

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=4914854

OH, forgot the :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:eek: I would not recommend reading pickle's post...most at Tigerboard don't.

tnraider1
10/12/2007, 08:04 PM
Lou says, "Puthy's don't thign thier thpek." (Puthy's = Tigers)

Resident smart *** says, "Become a sponser." :)

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 01:21 AM

Well, the truth is they had to get help from one of the geniuses at orangepower to teach 'em how to set it up!