PDA

View Full Version : Officially speaking...

Williesan
10/11/2007, 07:24 PM
The ACC crew working the FSU/Wake game tonight makes the Randy Christal Big XII crew look competent.

For those who saw it - you know what I'm talking about.

For those who missed it:

4th and 9 for FSU (after an illegal formation call on the first punt)

Kick hits an FSU player who has been blocked in the back. Ball then proceeds to hit a Wake player in the facemask then is recovered by FSU. After a brief discussion, the officials give the ball to Wake, but don't mark off the penalty. ???

After another lengthy discussion, including Bobby Bowden and half the FSU coaching staff, the ball is given to FSU. But no penalty is assessed. ??? ???

Now it's time for a review. The replay shows clearly the FSU player touched the ball first, making the play dead. But the officials award the 10 yard block in th back penalty at the line of scrimmage for the punt and it's first down FSU. :eek:

The officials truly flubbed this one and made the aforementioned Randy Christal crew look very competent.

(FWIW - it should have been FSU first touch at the 26, then assess the penalty for the illegal block from there, Wake retains possession.)

Still looking for that application. :pop:

Williesan

mfosterftw
10/11/2007, 08:44 PM
Any of the refs in that game named "Harrison"??!??

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 10:13 PM
Nope, but I think there was one named Magoo.

Williesan
10/11/2007, 11:08 PM
Any of the refs in that game named "Harrison"??!??

Nope, no "Chuckles." Coulda sworn one of the back judges looked like Mariconda tho. :rolleyes:

Williesan

insuranceman_22
10/12/2007, 12:56 AM
I think they snuck a pac-10 crew for this acc game.....dirty, dirty ncaa.

Crucifax Autumn
10/12/2007, 01:00 AM
Filthy bastages!