PDA

View Full Version : Telemarketing To Cell Phones...

SleestakSooner
10/11/2007, 12:19 PM
begins today, if you want to put a stop to it read on. (apologies if this has already been posted)

August 3, 2007

REMINDER, 7 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.
.......YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS
To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time.
It blocks your number for five (5) years.
You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked.
You cannot call from a different phone number.
HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.
It take about 20 seconds.

HskrGrl
10/11/2007, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't be too concerned about it. An e-mail like this ends up going around every couple of months or so. At least that's how often I end up getting a forward from someone with this same type of message. Unless you've listed your cell phone number with the wireless 411 service (like a wireless phone book) then you don't have anything to worry about.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

Partial Qualifier
10/11/2007, 01:05 PM
pwnt.

SleestakSooner
10/11/2007, 01:27 PM
:O sorry, fell for the co-worker email and didn't have time to check on it myself. anyhow, that is actually the # for the FCC no call list if you should so happen to need it

HskrGrl
10/11/2007, 01:38 PM
I did hear on the news the other night that if you had called and put your home phone number on the Do Not Call list when it first came out a few years ago that it's time to call up and do it again. Your number will only stay on the list for 5 years. So you have to call up or get on line to re add your number every 5 years. Here's the link to do it online http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/donotcall/

yermom
10/11/2007, 04:49 PM
i think i have finally gotten the stupid charities to stop calling.

those bastards give out your number to all the other ones if you ever give them anything

my two previous roommates gave out the number, those ****ers

i don't care if you are going to be in the neighborhood, stop calling me!