PDA

View Full Version : ***Offishul OU - Mizzou prediction thread***

TheUnnamedSooner
10/10/2007, 11:57 AM
OU - 42
Mizzou - 24

tigers are able to move the ball but have a hard time in the red zone. OU's offense starts slow but puts up big points in the 2nd half...

sooneron
10/10/2007, 12:05 PM
Paperclips - 37
misery - 31

OUMallen
10/10/2007, 12:11 PM
OU - 45
Mizzou - 31

Mizzou is good, but come on, they haven't played a DEF in the top 50 or something.

Newbomb Turk
10/10/2007, 12:14 PM
I already posted in the unofficial thread.

kevpks
10/10/2007, 12:16 PM
OU 52
Mizzou 35

TheUnnamedSooner
10/10/2007, 12:22 PM
nm

OUDoc
10/10/2007, 12:30 PM
OU-49
MU-3

I'm still going with the "reminds me of Iowa State 2002" thing.

Readyfor8
10/10/2007, 12:34 PM
After watching the Neb Mizz game last night on ESPN. I have to say I am concerned, but not if we play like I know we can.

Mizzou - 28
Ou - 35

stoopified
10/10/2007, 12:42 PM
OU 42 MU17

CitySooner
10/10/2007, 12:43 PM
I traded my bro-inlaw some Southwest Airline tickets for two of his season tickets to one game earlier this year. I gave him the choice of Mizzou or Puke State.......he chose poorly :D . My new bride has never experienced a big-time college football game or atmosphere before, so with national tilte implications at stake and under the lights in primetime, well, I must say that I am STOKED!! As stated in an earlier thread this week: Crimson at home with the better defense, high scoring affair, lots of fun......

OU 52
MU 24

OKC-SLC
I'm with OUDoc on this. I've had this feeling all week that we're going to smoke them. They'll move the ball between the 20s but struggle to score. We'll get a couple turnovers and turn them into points. They'll score, but we'll score more.

OU 55
MU 17

DocNice
player overview

==Offense==
Mizzou is THE best offense you have faced this year, and possibly the best you will face. Seriously. That's not a homer pick, they're that good. There are some big time recruits on the team, but more than that, players like Rucker have shined without being 4 stars out of High School. We're talented and execute the offense well. The big question that everyone is asking, including at OU and Mizzou, is will they fold like a cheap lawn chair when they face a top defense, kind of like Purdue did against Ohio State this year...or Mizzou did against OU last year? I think they're improved enough this year that the answer is no. We'll see.

=QB=
Chase Daniel - You all know about him. 2nd team All Big 12 last year. Great numbers, great skills, blah blah blah. OU gave him fits last year. Then again, so did Nebraska...last year. Chase was already performing at a high level last year, but he has improved his game in ways that are subtle but important. He still has a quick release, makes quick decisions, makes good decisions and has superb accuracy and touch. This year he seems to know that his role is not to put the team on his back, but to get the ball to playmakers so they can put the team on their back. He still talks about the OU game as motivation to get better. We'll see if it works. There has been some Heisman talk around Daniel, but I think it's a bit premature until we have a signature win. That said, if he played at Oklahoma, he would be the frontrunner. I really believe that.

=OL=
This is a key matchup for this game. If OU is able to pressure Daniel without blitzing, it will cause problems. Illinois was able to do that earlier this year with their excellent D-Line. We were still able to move the ball pretty well, but it obviously slowed us down. Supposedly they've improved since then, but it's hard to tell because the competition hasn't been as good, but I would agree they have improved at least somewhat. We didn't have a running game against Nebraska, but to be honest, we didn't really try. The passing game was so potent they just pretty much ignored the rushing game. But IMHO, the OL is good at opening holes against lower competition, but not against really stout front sevens. I expect our running game to struggle, especially if the passing game doesn't open it up. We have 3 pretty good OL, and we've had minor issues with the other two, but an OL is as good as its weakest link.

=RB=
For some reason, Tony Temple doesn't get the love that he deserves. He's quick, fast, has some power, makes good cuts, etc. He wouldn't start over Patrick, but he's one of the better backs in the Big 12 IMHO. However, he's got a sprained ankle and may not play Saturday, and if he does, may not be 100%. We have a big dropoff after him, though there's a promising freshman as second string. But expect running back by committee if Temple doesn't play.

=WR=
Seriously, one of the best units in the country. At Tight End, Martin Rucker was 1st team All Big 12 last year. Second team was Chase Coffman, who actually had better stats. Rucker has elevated his game to an entirely different level this year. He was predicted as a 5th round draft pick last year, now he's predicted as 1st. He leads all tight ends in the country in catches. And Coffman ain't exactly chopped liver. Some say our TEs are actually WRs, and we do use them that way, but defenders won't be saying that after they try tackling 6'6" 260. After that, it's still pretty good. Last year's leading receiver for Mizzou and All Big 12 Honorable Mention Will Franklin leads the wideouts, while solid possession receiver Tommy Saunders remains a steady target, especially on 3rd downs. In addition, we've added true sophomore Denario Alexander who has solid pro prospects, and the electrifying RSFr Jeremy Maclin who leads the nation in all purpose yardage. You may remember Maclin, as he verballed to OU and back out. No offense, but we're glad he did. What a playmaker! I won't go into the rest of the receivers, but any one of them is good enough to start on many teams in the Big 12. We're seriously deep and talented here.

==Defense==
This is really an enigma even to Mizzou fans. Scoring a bunch on the Huskers was not surprising. Holding them out of the end zone and under 300 yards was surprising. There have been flashes of competence in the first 4 games, but never a total effort. We've been out of place a lot, which is certainly fixable and we did much better last week. But I didn't think our D-Line would suddenly become faster, stronger better players like they seemingly did. For the first time this year, we had a pass rush, and our players shed blocks to make tackles. Who knows if that will happen again. Mizzou has always had the ability to take good rushing teams out of their game and make them pass. I know the statistics contradict that claim, but relying on the statistics is misleading. Mizzou tends to either stop you at the line or give up 20 yards. Little in between, at least until they get worn down in the later stages of the game.

=DL=
The biggest enigma on mysterious defense. Can they replicate their effort from NU? I don't expect them to, but I also don't expect them to digress to where they were before either. I expect them to slow MU's running game in the first half before getting worn down. We have two pretty big tackles who have performed worse than expected last Saturday, but were still pretty solid. Where we were really getting killed as at DE, where we lost our top 3 players to graduation, and our pass rush with it. I don't know WHERE that effort came from last week, but I hope they can do it again.

=LB=
Faster and more athletic than LB corps we've had in the past, but I doubt we'll have any all conference performers either, at least not this year. Sean Weatherspoon, who was a big time recruit and is playing well, will probably get that honor and maybe more before his career is over. They're an average or maybe above average group for the Big 12.

=Secondary=
The best speed and athleticism we've ever had under Pinkel, and they're good at making open field tackles after the catch, but it's not like they're a lockdown unit. Your talented WRs will have opportunities to get open. Even Nebraska had open receivers somewhat regularly, but the streaky Keller didn't hit them.

==Keys to the game==
=Mizzou=
1. Get out to an early lead. Make OU throw the ball and play catch up.
2. Play smart. Turnovers, special teams, etc. This is a key for any game, but especially this one.
3. Stop OU's running game as much as possible and hope for the best on the play action passes.
4. Find some semblance of a pass rush against your talented OL.
5. Play with intensity, especially on defense, which is tougher to do on the road.

=Oklahoma=
1. Pressure the QB without blitzing. How is your D-Line's pass rush?
2. Tackle well in the open field. The spread is all about isolating playmakers in the open field and letting them make plays. We do it really well.
3. Sustain long drives. Wear down our defense and keep our offense off the field.

==What's it all mean?==
The biggest danger for Mizzou is reading too much into the Nebraska win. We played the best game I've ever seen in my life. You just can't expect to replicate that, especially on the road. But the improvement, even if the Huskers are bad or got shell shocked, is genuine and significant. Last year's game was IMHO more competitive than the final score indicated, and both teams seem improved. So I expect this to be a very tough battle. If our defense shows some of the promise that it showed last week, we should be able to slow the OU attack enough to make it competitive. If OU doesn't tackle well in the open field or if they cannot pressure the QB without blitzing, this could be a successful day for our offense.

OU is more physical on offense, but I don't think necessarily more talented across the board, simply because our skill players are so good. The difference is on defense, where OU has an obvious edge. Like all games, it's not just about talent, it's about matchups. Stoops has traditionally done well against the spread, but you probably haven't played a spread this good yet. If you stop us pretty well on Saturday, I'll agree with that statement. Until then, I'll believe someone can stop us when I see it. That said, I'm giving your defense a LOT of respect in my prediction below.

In all honesty, I expect OU to win this game, and would probably make the same pick if the game were at Mizzou. I think OU is National Championship caliber, and I've been impressed with your young QB. That said, there are a few chinks in your armor IMHO, and there is a very real chance that Mizzou could win this game. Now for the part that probably going to **** you guys off a bit, but I don't mean it as a flame and I don't think it's a homer pick. If there's a blowout in this game, more than about 17 points or so, it will be a Mizzou victory. JMHO.

Prediction: OU 32, MU 24

tnraider1
10/10/2007, 12:44 PM
OU - 37
MU - 30

Dan Thompson
10/10/2007, 01:03 PM
OUr team 31
MU 27

I'm nervous about this one, particulary the OL sets, how will our defense adjust?

I hope Reynolds has a better game than the last couple. He looked, IMHO, tired and out of place with CU, but better in the UT game.

Collier11
10/10/2007, 01:07 PM
This is where we get Big Game Bob back, the Texas game was a victory almost of relief and you could see it in the players and coaches. They played a little uptight but we will loosen up and let it out saturday night, OU 37-Mizzou-20

MextheBulldog
10/10/2007, 01:14 PM
OU 35-24.

SoonerBOI
10/10/2007, 01:23 PM
OU 32
Mizzou 22

fadada1
10/10/2007, 01:34 PM
i see mid 30's for the good guys - and low 20's for the kittens.

salth2o
10/10/2007, 01:40 PM
Clips 38
mu 25

Curly Bill
10/10/2007, 02:09 PM
OU 38
Mizz 17

tommieharris91
10/10/2007, 02:22 PM
OU 35
Mizzou 24

I like that score.

MextheBulldog
10/10/2007, 02:39 PM
=Secondary=
The best speed and athleticism we've ever had under Pinkel, and they're good at making open field tackles after the catch, but it's not like they're a lockdown unit. Your talented WRs will have opportunities to get open. Even Nebraska had open receivers somewhat regularly, but the streaky Keller didn't hit them.

Missouri = nation's 104th-ranked pass defense :pop:

There's your difference in the game. Bradford GO DEEP!

DocNice
10/10/2007, 02:46 PM
Missouri = nation's 104th-ranked pass defense :pop:

There's your difference in the game. Bradford GO DEEP!

The pass defense rating is probably due more to our lack of pass rush than lack of secondary talent. I hope we can replicate some of the pressure we put on NU against you guys.

SoonerEmpire
10/10/2007, 02:57 PM
I hope we completely destroy Missouri. But I'm predicting:

OU 38
MU 28

SoonerTony
10/10/2007, 03:33 PM
53-2

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/10/2007, 03:39 PM
US- 51
them-14

but it'll be a close game though, cause they've got better skill players than us.;)

randall180
10/10/2007, 03:52 PM
Oklahoma Sooners: 33
Missouri Tiggers: 10

Doged
10/10/2007, 04:11 PM
==Keys to the game==
=Mizzou=
2. Play smart. Turnovers, special teams, etc. This is a key for any game, but especially this one.
3. Stop OU's running game as much as possible and hope for the best on the play action passes.
5. Play with intensity, especially on defense, which is tougher to do on the road.

While you've laid out a pretty good synopsis, I think numbers 1 and 3 are what will sink a very good Mizzou team. Opponents must try to stop OUr run game, of course, but unless there's a complete offensive breakdown like against Colorado all stopping the run does is 1.) Let OC Kevin Wilson waste more plays and 2.) Put the game in the hands of Bradford, Iggy, Kelly, Johnson and the TEs. I could do without the wasted plays but I don't mind the game being forced to go vertical. The Sooner OL is excellent in protection.

Tigers - 21
Sooners - 54

SoonerStormchaser
10/10/2007, 04:23 PM
The last time we had a really good (i.e. highly ranked) opponent come into Norman the week after a close Texass game was in 2002...Iowa State lead by Heisman candidate Seneca Wallace. A lot of the pundits predicted the upset.

Final result? OU: 49, Iowa State: 3

I'm not saying that it will be like that again. But I'm saying that Mizzou will have the team's full, complete, and undivided attention.

OU: 42
Mizzou: 10

Boomer.....
10/10/2007, 04:32 PM
OU - 56
MU - 20

JLB
10/10/2007, 04:56 PM
Sooners 37
Misery 17

r5TPsooner
10/10/2007, 05:20 PM
Chase Daniels looked great last year until we hit him in the mouth. Then he was gun shy the rest of the game. If OU hits him early and often, he will fold like a cheap tent, just like last year. He has a glass jaw IMHO!

OU 41
MU 26

Zoo Keeper
10/10/2007, 05:23 PM
MU - 31
oU - 35

DocNice
10/10/2007, 06:30 PM
Chase Daniels looked great last year until we hit him in the mouth. Then he was gun shy the rest of the game. If OU hits him early and often, he will fold like a cheap tent, just like last year. He has a glass jaw IMHO!

Did we watch the same game? Weren't the announcers talking about how gutsy Daniel was and he was the only player who could rise to the challenge?

GoTigers
10/10/2007, 06:49 PM
It's hard to call this one. The Tigers can win this game, but everything has to go right for us. This is a way bigger game for the Sooners than it is for Mizzou. I'm gonna call it...

Oklahoma 34
Missouri 28

Missouri probably doing our signature should've could've would've won losses.

SOONER STEAKER
10/10/2007, 06:52 PM
OU 38
MizzOU 24

cvsooner
10/10/2007, 06:56 PM
Collegefootballnews.com is predicting Mizzou will win, 34-31.

Myself...

I think we'll put the OU in MizzOU.

OU 38, Mizzou 17.

Big Red Ron
10/10/2007, 07:20 PM
"Eh, da Soonas one hundred an seventeen, Mizzou a safety. We took a knee in our own end zone to, ah, end da game."

-Big Red Ron, Jr.

KantoSooner
10/10/2007, 08:40 PM
Saying that the game could go either way is not the same as saying it's going to be close. I think either team could win and probably will by multiple tds for the simple reason that whoever jumps out is going to have flummoxed the other guy's de. And both offenses are capable of making you pay when you get out of sync.
That said, I think OU's de comes to play their best game of the year and the thing gets out of hand early: OU52-MU17

Will
10/10/2007, 08:45 PM
OU 45
M 35

Will
10/10/2007, 08:47 PM
OU 42
M 35

I had 45 but since i forgot hartley can't make anything I had to readjust. :)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/10/2007, 10:36 PM
OU 38
MU 14

OU hits 2-3 big plays deep to keep MU honest but Patrick and Murray both go over 100 on the ground.

redblood
10/10/2007, 11:42 PM
SOONERS WIN

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 12:09 AM
After a tough first half, the Sooners pull away

58-20

william_brasky
10/11/2007, 01:04 AM
OU 34
MU 30

SoonerKnight
10/11/2007, 07:42 AM
Sooners at home they usually don't allow opponants many opprotunities in OUr house. Missou this is not the the corn shuckers! THIS IS OKLAHOMA footbal!!! Score 55-13. OU WINS!! BOOMER.

BornandBred
10/11/2007, 08:24 AM
48-17 OU

The offense that hung half a hundred on the first few teams we played will be back after a little gut check last saturday. We overlooked CU and payed for it. We then had a choice to make, fold or regroup. The RRS showed that we are a team with more than just talent, we have heart as well. I look for our dangerous offense to return. The D will also be ****ed off with much to prove. I look for 3 picks, one of those a pick6. I think after we rout MU the swagger will be back.

Scoregasm
10/11/2007, 09:15 AM
OU 41
MU 34

r5TPsooner
10/11/2007, 09:43 AM
One hard hit to Daniels chin and he'll be begging the coaches to call running plays. He is no Colt McCoy and he probably has the biggest glass jaw in the Big XII amongst QB's.

MextheBulldog
10/11/2007, 12:27 PM
CFN.com picks a 34-31 Mizzou upset:eek:

http://cfn.scout.com/2/650901.html

OUMonster
10/11/2007, 12:34 PM
OU will probably try and run the ball most of the game to eat up clock instead of trying to score 50+ points. I'll say OU 34-24

rondog79
10/11/2007, 01:09 PM
CU--pcakes 13
OU--sooners 45

cu's dfence sux + ou's O-LINE awsome + ou's D = 45-13 go SOONERS

Collier11
10/11/2007, 01:46 PM
CU--pcakes 13
OU--sooners 45

cu's dfence sux + ou's O-LINE awsome + ou's D = 45-13 go SOONERS

:rolleyes: :confused:

soonerloyal
10/11/2007, 02:03 PM
CFN.com picks a 34-31 Mizzou upset:eek:

http://cfn.scout.com/2/650901.html

Well, let's just say I hope we make CFN look pretty damn ridiculous.
So we can tell "staff"

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/Posting%20Photos/Stewie.gif

SoonerDood
10/11/2007, 02:04 PM
Sooners 38-17

Sooner Among The Pack
10/11/2007, 02:12 PM
sooooooooners 35
misery 31

SteelClip49
10/11/2007, 02:17 PM
Oklahoma 31
KU's Bi***es 21

jccouger
10/11/2007, 02:39 PM
If the game is close, id give the edge to Mizzou. I don't trust this team in tight situations, even after last week.

If OU can jump on them early and keep playing tough defense then I wont be skeered. But if it comes down to one last drive, then I think mizzou will upset us.

With that being said, I think we handle them pretty well.

MU-12
OU-38

josh09
10/11/2007, 05:11 PM
OU-35
Misery-21

Soonerus
10/11/2007, 05:52 PM
OU 48
Mizzou 24

goingoneight
10/11/2007, 07:30 PM
Anything below 42 points for OU should be considered unnacceptable, IMHO.

How Missouri is able to drive and score determines whether they catch up to us, hang with us or beat us. Defense will have to melt down unlike they've ever done before in Norman (under Stoops) in order for that to happen.

Much like the game at Tulsa, opponent hangs in there for about 5/8 of the game, OU offense rolls late in the 2nd half.

Halftime OU 28-17, final OU 55 Mizzou 24

Lots of TE action for both sides, Kelly and Murray both have career days.

redblood
10/11/2007, 08:09 PM
OU somewhere in the upper 40s
MizzeryU in the lower 20s
THATS MY WEATHER FORECAST ALSO.

birddog
10/11/2007, 08:14 PM
us 34
them 28

i listened to the sports radio coming back from kc and the mizzou homers on there are convinced they will beat us because they have better athletes. they even said there is a better than 50% chance they will beat us.

they'll give us a great game, and i'm looking forward to my first game since the iowa state game.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/11/2007, 08:47 PM
player overview

==Offense==
Mizzou is THE best offense you have faced this year, and possibly the best you will face. Seriously. That's not a homer pick, they're that good. There are some big time recruits on the team, but more than that, players like Rucker have shined without being 4 stars out of High School. We're talented and execute the offense well. The big question that everyone is asking, including at OU and Mizzou, is will they fold like a cheap lawn chair when they face a top defense, kind of like Purdue did against Ohio State this year...or Mizzou did against OU last year? I think they're improved enough this year that the answer is no. We'll see.
I have a feeling it will have less to do with the OU defense, more to do with the Mizzou offense. Mizzou has consistently been overrated on offense. Maybe they have finally put all the pieces together this year, but it's unlikely. They are always the boy who cried wolf. They were exposed last year, at HOME. But I wouldn't be surprised to see inventive play calling and some big plays. I don't expect that to carry over into the 2nd half, and certainly not the fourth quarter.

=QB=
Chase Daniel - You all know about him. 2nd team All Big 12 last year. Great numbers, great skills, blah blah blah. OU gave him fits last year. Then again, so did Nebraska...last year. Chase was already performing at a high level last year, but he has improved his game in ways that are subtle but important. He still has a quick release, makes quick decisions, makes good decisions and has superb accuracy and touch. This year he seems to know that his role is not to put the team on his back, but to get the ball to playmakers so they can put the team on their back. He still talks about the OU game as motivation to get better. We'll see if it works. There has been some Heisman talk around Daniel, but I think it's a bit premature until we have a signature win. That said, if he played at Oklahoma, he would be the frontrunner. I really believe that.
Heisman talk? everyone still calls him "Chase Daniels" :P
Sam has probably been on more Heisman lists than Chase. But I think the veteran probably has the edge. Then again, it is a home game, and Sam seems to be very verteran-ly at home.

=OL=
This is a key matchup for this game. If OU is able to pressure Daniel without blitzing, it will cause problems. Illinois was able to do that earlier this year with their excellent D-Line. We were still able to move the ball pretty well, but it obviously slowed us down. Supposedly they've improved since then, but it's hard to tell because the competition hasn't been as good, but I would agree they have improved at least somewhat. We didn't have a running game against Nebraska, but to be honest, we didn't really try. The passing game was so potent they just pretty much ignored the rushing game. But IMHO, the OL is good at opening holes against lower competition, but not against really stout front sevens. I expect our running game to struggle, especially if the passing game doesn't open it up. We have 3 pretty good OL, and we've had minor issues with the other two, but an OL is as good as its weakest link.

You are right, if OU can get pressure on Daniel, there is no hope for Mizzou. OU hasn't been able to consistently get pressure. It hurt us all day vs Colorado and in the first half vs Texas. I wouldn't be too far out to say that's what lost us the Colorado game. Does Mizzou even have a running back? :confused:

=RB=
For some reason, Tony Temple doesn't get the love that he deserves. He's quick, fast, has some power, makes good cuts, etc. He wouldn't start over Patrick, but he's one of the better backs in the Big 12 IMHO. However, he's got a sprained ankle and may not play Saturday, and if he does, may not be 100%. We have a big dropoff after him, though there's a promising freshman as second string. But expect running back by committee if Temple doesn't play.
Oh, so you do have a running back. :O

=WR=
Seriously, one of the best units in the country. At Tight End, Martin Rucker was 1st team All Big 12 last year. Second team was Chase Coffman, who actually had better stats. Rucker has elevated his game to an entirely different level this year. He was predicted as a 5th round draft pick last year, now he's predicted as 1st. He leads all tight ends in the country in catches. And Coffman ain't exactly chopped liver. Some say our TEs are actually WRs, and we do use them that way, but defenders won't be saying that after they try tackling 6'6" 260. After that, it's still pretty good. Last year's leading receiver for Mizzou and All Big 12 Honorable Mention Will Franklin leads the wideouts, while solid possession receiver Tommy Saunders remains a steady target, especially on 3rd downs. In addition, we've added true sophomore Denario Alexander who has solid pro prospects, and the electrifying RSFr Jeremy Maclin who leads the nation in all purpose yardage. You may remember Maclin, as he verballed to OU and back out. No offense, but we're glad he did. What a playmaker! I won't go into the rest of the receivers, but any one of them is good enough to start on many teams in the Big 12. We're seriously deep and talented here. Well if you're counting TEs, I think Malcolm Kelly, Jermaine Gresham, Joe John Finely, Manuel Johnson, and Juaquin Iglesias would have somethin' to say about that.

==Defense==
This is really an enigma even to Mizzou fans. Scoring a bunch on the Huskers was not surprising. Holding them out of the end zone and under 300 yards was surprising. There have been flashes of competence in the first 4 games, but never a total effort. We've been out of place a lot, which is certainly fixable and we did much better last week. But I didn't think our D-Line would suddenly become faster, stronger better players like they seemingly did. For the first time this year, we had a pass rush, and our players shed blocks to make tackles. Who knows if that will happen again. Mizzou has always had the ability to take good rushing teams out of their game and make them pass. I know the statistics contradict that claim, but relying on the statistics is misleading. Mizzou tends to either stop you at the line or give up 20 yards. Little in between, at least until they get worn down in the later stages of the game.The play vs Nebraska was very impressive, down year or not. Mizzou's defense MUST hold OU to at least two 3-and-outs during the game to have a chance. Colorado has been the only defense to completely stop OU's offense. It is possible, but not if OU puts in the right plays at the right times.

=DL=
The biggest enigma on mysterious defense. Can they replicate their effort from NU? I don't expect them to, but I also don't expect them to digress to where they were before either. I expect them to slow MU's running game in the first half before getting worn down. We have two pretty big tackles who have performed worse than expected last Saturday, but were still pretty solid. Where we were really getting killed as at DE, where we lost our top 3 players to graduation, and our pass rush with it. I don't know WHERE that effort came from last week, but I hope they can do it again.

=LB=
Faster and more athletic than LB corps we've had in the past, but I doubt we'll have any all conference performers either, at least not this year. Sean Weatherspoon, who was a big time recruit and is playing well, will probably get that honor and maybe more before his career is over. They're an average or maybe above average group for the Big 12.

=Secondary=
Sam will get time to throw. I don't see him being sacked more than twice. Our OL is big and will open some big holes for Murray/ Patrick. I see OU OL> Mizzou DL and Mizzou OL and OU DL being a push. JMHO. OU's secondary is likely to be exposed more than once, although they played very well in the second half vs Texas. I also think Malcolm Kelly has a HUGE day against the Mizzou secondary. Expect Sam to throw deep early and often.

==Keys to the game==
=Mizzou=

=Oklahoma=
1. Pressure the QB without blitzing. How is your D-Line's pass rush?
2. Tackle well in the open field. The spread is all about isolating playmakers in the open field and letting them make plays. We do it really well.
3. Sustain long drives. Wear down our defense and keep our offense off the field.

Mizzou- Copy Colorado but play even better than they did. It will be very hard to win in Norman at night. Pressure will be on Daniel and the Mizzou offense.
1) Mizzou D needs to get a 3-and-out in the first quarter. They need to commit to stopping pass. They don't necessarily get ahead first, but it would be a lot easier.
2) Punt returns. Colorado KILLED OU on this. They were getting about 20 yards after the catch on the punt each time.
3) Play keep away. Easier said than done. I think Mizzou's best shot lives in their offense.

Oklahoma- On paper and athletically OU should dominate.
1) Score consistently throughout the game
2) Effective play calling

Prediction: OU 32, MU 24

OU 45 Mizzou 31

BUT, the upset stars are aligned this season. Unfortunately for Mizzou, I think that Colorado taught OU that lesson.

SoonerFanatic
10/11/2007, 08:57 PM
I think we win by 3 touchdowns...

I rarely post on this forum, but read it almost every day during football season. And because of my low post count, I can't start new threads. So sorry for the thread-hyjack.

Can anyone tell me if the OU-Mizzou game is going to be shown on TV in the DC/MD area? Does anyone know where I can find coverage maps for Fox Sport broadcasts?

Thanks!

SF

meoveryouxinfinity
10/11/2007, 09:00 PM
I think we win by 3 touchdowns...

I rarely post on this forum, but read it almost every day during football season. And because of my low post count, I can't start new threads. So sorry for the thread-hyjack.

Can anyone tell me if the OU-Mizzou game is going to be shown on TV in the DC/MD area? Does anyone know where I can find coverage maps for Fox Sport broadcasts?

Thanks!

SF
Coverage maps usually on soonersports

SoFla Sooner
10/11/2007, 09:12 PM
Sooners 45

Delusional Booger Eaters 17

Whet
10/11/2007, 09:27 PM
OU - 63
MU - 24

Also, most of the FoxSports channels will probably carry the game.

Plus, our Chicago Sports Net carry some of the games - probably this one, as well.

Otherwise, get DirecTV with the Sports Package - you will get all of the Fox Sports Net channels + others. Also, you can listen on Sirius.

Here are the Fox Sports Net Channels that will carry the game:
FSN - South
FSN - Detroit
FSN - Southwest
FSN - Rocky Mountain
FSN - Midwest
FSN - Arizona
FSN - Northwest
FSN - West
FSN - Bay Area

PLaw
10/11/2007, 11:34 PM
OU - 42
Mizzou - 17

Bradford has another good day. Daniel is on, but SOONER D has the spread stone cold.

BOOMER
PLaw

SoonerFanatic
10/12/2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the info guys!

SF

jawilso
10/12/2007, 08:10 AM
OU 55
Mizzou 14

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 02:37 AM
I've seen a ton of arguments from trolls and others in Misery giving me reasons to worry...

And I still say 58-20

daMentor
10/13/2007, 05:08 AM
Well, everyone seems to be predicting a high scoring ball game. So, I think I'll go against the grain. We play a lot more ball control, and give the defense plenty of rest. The defense stays fresh, and we keep pressure on Chase all day. OUr offense has a much better day than the score shows. We have a few quick strikes, but mainly longer drives controlling the clock and pounding the rock.

OU - 24
MU - 7

StoopTroup
10/13/2007, 07:53 AM
34-17 OU dOUbles up on the Tiggers.

tnraider1
10/13/2007, 08:42 AM
Changing my pick

OU - 37
MU - 20

Ash
10/13/2007, 08:48 AM
The only thing Chase Daniels devours more than nose gold, are opposing defenses. Plus, our struggles vs tight ends are well documented. Oh snap! Mizzou has two that are pretty good! Yeah, I know they line up differently but whatever. Plus, they've started running the ninja formation.

Need I go on?

Well, their defense is pretty good this year holding the mighty Cornhusker offense led by Heisman front-runner Sam Keller to less than 10 last week. I'm askeered for Sammy and our boys.

Plus, gameday is here. The mere presence of Corso has to count for some bad mojo.

I hate to say it, guys, but OU doesn't tame the tiger...more like holding the tiger by the tail:
Tiggers -- 63
OU -- 31

TheUnnamedSooner
10/14/2007, 07:29 PM
OU - 45
Mizzou - 31

Mizzou is good, but come on, they haven't played a DEF in the top 50 or something.

Close! if Hartley would have hit his XP's this would have been it!

Spek!