PDA

View Full Version : Met a guy at the game last weekend...

achiro
10/10/2007, 11:12 AM
His name was Calvin. I had heard of him but never met him. I think many of you know who I am talking about. We talked a bit, he liked to high five everyone around when something good happened, and also seemed really interested in the scores of other games. Not sure of all his physical and/or mental handicaps but he had a seizure with about 2 minutes left in the game. I think the stress and heat must have gotten to him. I felt really bad for him because when he came to, he wanted to watch the end of the game but the paramedic made him leave with him.
The best part though was his shirt. He was wearing a shirt that on the back had a picture of him(drawing) in the footbal helmet that looked about 10 sizes too big. He was doing the arm fold flip off thing and it said, "Calvin says, tuck fexas"
Here's to you Calvin, to an awesome Sooners fan!

Howzit
10/10/2007, 11:19 AM
Calvin is an institution and was selling Norman Transcripts around campus corner when I was in high school.

There used to be a brother and sister, if I remember correctly, and one could tell they were all family.

Calvin is definitely a huge Sooner fan, though.

StoopTroup
10/10/2007, 11:26 AM
Glad he's OK.

fadada1
10/10/2007, 11:27 AM
glad to hear he's still out and about. he always wore that helmet while he was selling is papers. obviously has some mental issues, but he's harmless and loves his SOONERS.

Jeopardude
10/10/2007, 11:29 AM
I still think someone should do a sticker that's a drawing of Calvin the paperboy peeing on the Longhorn a la the Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes stickers.

Come on, artists!

NormanPride
10/10/2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah, Calvin = cool :)

yermom
10/10/2007, 11:40 AM
the seizures are why he wears the helmet

my original avatar was a picture of him behind me in my old office, i have the pic around here somewhere...

EDIT:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2695/calvinpb5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Lott's Bandana
10/10/2007, 11:54 AM
Calvin is a certifiable ICON and very sweet you got the opportunity to meet him. How cool is it that he was at the game?!

We all are fans but Calvin is right up there with Cecil and Little Red!!

Ahem....Boomer!

frankensooner
10/10/2007, 12:01 PM
I'm kind of indifferent about Calvin. Lots of folks who work/worked in restaurants would probably agree with me. He was always hitting us up for "loans" (aka gifts and would get kind of mean when you refused) and would reach across the bar, or come behind the bar to fill up his nasty travel mug without asking. He was also usually pretty stinky. Other than that I had no problems with him, and lots of folks seemed to like to give him cash for those papers.

1stTimeCaller
10/10/2007, 12:27 PM
I'm with Frankensooner.

Frozen Sooner
10/10/2007, 12:28 PM
Is Three-Hat Willy still running around?

Howzit
10/10/2007, 12:29 PM
I'm with Frankensooner.

Skank.

KABOOKIE
10/10/2007, 12:30 PM
...in the footbal helmet that looked about 10 sizes too big.

That ain't a "football" helmet! :D Calvin Rocks!

crawfish
10/10/2007, 12:44 PM
Calvin used to have a big crush on my sister-in-law when she worked at the InterUrban. She was the only woman there who treated him nicely. :(

yermom
10/10/2007, 12:59 PM
Is Three-Hat Willy still running around?

i've heard reports that he still hangs out by Subway, but i haven't seen him in years. of course i tend to avoid Lindsey like the plague

Jeopardude
10/10/2007, 01:13 PM
i've heard reports that he still hangs out by Subway, but i haven't seen him in years. of course i tend to avoid Lindsey like the plague

I heard he's in some institution after beating up his mom.

colleyvillesooner
10/10/2007, 01:24 PM
Saw him Friday night before the Miami game at Louie's Too.

achiro
10/10/2007, 01:47 PM
Calvin is a certifiable ICON and very sweet you got the opportunity to meet him. How cool is it that he was at the game?!

We all are fans but Calvin is right up there with Cecil and Little Red!!

Ahem....Boomer!
I didn't specify but he sat right in front of us during the game.