PDA

View Full Version : No doubt about LSU fans being lame.....

SoonerKnight
10/10/2007, 01:02 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7223032

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Quarterback Tim Tebow said Tuesday he received hundreds of threatening messages on his cell phone leading up to Florida's game at top-ranked LSU.

They were the reason Tebow pretended to dial a cell phone after his first touchdown pass, a 2-yarder to Kestahn Moore that made it 10-0 in the second quarter.
Tebow said many of the messages contained physical threats and most included foul language.

"I really don't use that type of language too much, so I can't tell you," Tebow said, declining to reveal any of the messages. "Some people did take it way too far, farther than you should take it with sports. But I think for the most part people were just having fun. Unfortunately, there's people like that everywhere."

Tebow said the messages started coming early last week and increased in number as the game got closer. He eventually turned the phone off, but had to listen to each voice message and read each text message before deleting them.

He got a new number Monday, two days after Florida's 28-24 loss that dropped the Gators (4-2) four spots to No. 13 in the latest Associated Press college football poll.

"An interesting experience, just handling it all," said Tebow, the son of a missionary. "But it wasn't too much."

Tebow assumed the messages from LSU fans, especially given the nature of them. There also were reports out of Baton Rouge that students were walking around campus the day of the game wearing T-shirts with Tebow's cell phone printed on them.

"It's absolutely insane," Tebow's father, Bob Tebow said. "It's egregious. (Messages) were pouring in. He would not tell me all the stuff. He told his brothers and they told me some, but they wouldn't tell me everything."

Tebow accounted for three touchdowns in the game. He ran 16 times for 67 yards and a score and completed 12 of 26 passes for 158 yards and two TDs.

After his first TD pass, Tebow pretended as if he had a cell phone in his left hand and dialed numbers with his right. He then put it up to his ear and stared into the stands at Tiger Stadium.

"They were having fun with me, so I was having fun with them, too," he said. "It's what college football is all about. It's just fun, and I had fun with it. I know it probably got under their skin a little bit."

Coach Urban Meyer said the ordeal made him concerned for his players' safety. He also gave Tebow a quick and easy way to handle the situation.

"It's easy to just get rid of your phone," Meyer said. "I told Tim 'Just dump it and get another one."'

Tebow didn't have much choice.

Hella Sideburns
10/10/2007, 01:08 AM
Those LSU fans were just so happy to finally get cell phone technology in the bayou that they couldn't contain themselves.

When they get computers, we're effed.

Crucifax Autumn
10/10/2007, 01:12 AM
While I do think LSU fans are morons and thugs, I do question what kinda idiot would let his cell number get out in the public when he has such a high profile.

SoonerKnight
10/10/2007, 01:13 AM
Those LSU fans were just so happy to finally get cell phone technology in the bayou that they couldn't contain themselves.

:D

Sooner_Havok
10/10/2007, 01:19 AM
It isn't that hard to draw up a scenario here. Tebow went to school with someone who knew his number, said person went to LoSUr, remembered, "Hey, I got Tebow's number in my yearbook, I am going to torch his ***!"

Not necessarily his fault his cell number got out. Hell, I am sure Lester still had it from recruiting him!

Crucifax Autumn
10/10/2007, 01:21 AM
I know I'll be skeered, afeared, and crapping myself.

Though I suppose it's close to reality since according to a commercial running incessantly on TV you can get AT&T wireless in a hole or in a pond...combine the 2 and most of LSU's fanbase can log on from home.

Hella Sideburns
10/10/2007, 01:26 AM
It isn't that hard to draw up a scenario here. Tebow went to school with someone who knew his number, said person went to LoSUr, remembered, "Hey, I got Tebow's number in my yearbook, I am going to torch his ***!"

Not necessarily his fault his cell number got out. Hell, I am sure Lester still had it from recruiting him!

I heard that Kelvin Sampson gave it to him.

boomersooner28
10/10/2007, 01:32 AM
LSU is my most despised program in the country. Those people suck. I would give anything to see them get to the title game unbeaten and someone walk in there on "their field" and kick the hell outta them. Although, I could see them bombing the opposing team bus on the way out of town.

goingoneight
10/10/2007, 01:34 AM
This sounds a lot like the supposed "life-long Texas fan" who got his sack ripped.

"He called me everything under the sun." Worm didn't state what "everything under the sun" was. He knows he was involoved in a bar fight and aside from natural post-fight hangover embarassment, he got seriously injured.

BoonesFarmSooner
10/10/2007, 08:02 AM
Baton Rouge = Katrina Bait

tbl
10/10/2007, 08:51 AM
LSU is most despised program in the country. Those people suck. I would give anything to see them get to the title game unbeaten and someone walk in there on "their field" and kick the hell outta them.
Amen...

SteelClip49
10/10/2007, 09:32 AM
etouffee sure is a nice tigger....

But yeah, 99 percent of their fan base is foul and disgusting.

nuttie
10/10/2007, 04:13 PM
Baton Rouge = Katrina Bait

Watch out when a tornado comes to your trailer park. Karma Bites.

LSUdeek
10/10/2007, 11:20 PM

:D :D :D :D :D

LSUdeek
10/10/2007, 11:21 PM
I know I'll be skeered, afeared, and crapping myself.

Though I suppose it's close to reality since according to a commercial running incessantly on TV you can get AT&T wireless in a hole or in a pond...combine the 2 and most of LSU's fanbase can log on from home.

Cans and string are underrated.

Crucifax Autumn
10/10/2007, 11:49 PM
I thought you guys used carrier pigeons...

LSUdeek
10/10/2007, 11:59 PM
I thought you guys used carrier pigeons...
Close:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g24/andrewsk/hedwig.jpg

Sooner_Havok
10/11/2007, 12:00 AM
Watch out when a tornado comes to your trailer park. Karma Bites.

Ah, how cute, the lurking troll is forced into saying something stupid. Guess what jack-hole, we don't bitch and moan when the "gubment man" isn't giving us hundreds of billions of dollars to rebuild a toilet bowl of a city. When OUr **** gets leveled, we look around, say "Well, time to rebuild Moore again." and get to work. No crying "Why did George Bush make a hurricane come our way?" or "Why didn't the national gubment build up our damns to protect us?" When the tornadoes do come to blow away our ****, we'll be long gone, know why? WE (US POOR DUMB OKIES) BUILT TORNADO SIRENS TO LET US KNOW WHEN THAT **** IS HEADING OUR WAY! You give the average Oklahoman 30 seconds warning, he gets the f*** out of the way, you give the average NOLA resident 1 week notice, they call you an idiot and a liar, hurricanes don't hit New Orleans. :mad: :mad:

Sorry for feeding the troll guys, I am sleepy, and I am tired of this "give sympathy to these people" B.S. They got what they had coming...

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 12:06 AM
**** on 'em...that NOLA crap doesn't apply anyway. Last I checked the "flagship of the cajun state's university system" was in that golden city of Cibola...I mean, that ****hole known as Baton Rouge, which somehow sounds like a tranny twirler to me in any case.

GoTigers
10/11/2007, 12:09 AM
Ah, how cute, the lurking troll is forced into saying something stupid. Guess what jack-hole, we don't bitch and moan when the "gubment man" isn't giving us hundreds of billions of dollars to rebuild a toilet bowl of a city. When OUr **** gets leveled, we look around, say "Well, time to rebuild Moore again." and get to work. No crying "Why did George Bush make a hurricane come our way?" or "Why didn't the national gubment build up our damns to protect us?" When the tornadoes do come to blow away our ****, we'll be long gone, know why? WE (US POOR DUMB OKIES) BUILT TORNADO SIRENS TO LET US KNOW WHEN THAT **** IS HEADING OUR WAY! You give the average Oklahoman 30 seconds warning, he gets the f*** out of the way, you give the average NOLA resident 1 week notice, they call you an idiot and a liar, hurricanes don't hit New Orleans. :mad: :mad:

Sorry for feeding the troll guys, I am sleepy, and I am tired of this "give sympathy to these people" B.S. They got what they had coming...
WOW.

Ok sure, LSU fans are *******s. Everyone knows that. But to mock the state because of KATRINA? That's low.

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I personally woulda mocked them for their lack of english skills, their inability to tell the difference between food and something crawling in the mud, hookers, strippers, Justin Wilson, indreeding, any Anne Rice/Vampire fiction in the last 20 years, their lovely beaches, the pollution, the voodoo-catholocism halfbreed among so many of them, the lovely highway system, Lester, Harry Connick Jr, and oh so much more!

Sooner_Havok
10/11/2007, 12:36 AM
WOW.

Ok sure, LSU fans are *******s. Everyone knows that. But to mock the state because of KATRINA? That's low.

bout as low as mocking an entire state because of the tornadoes that appear at random huh?

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 12:46 AM
I wonder if anyone ever ripped California for being sunny and mild...

Sooner_Havok
10/11/2007, 12:49 AM

Nah, prolly got them for all the epileptic seizures it has. :D

I did probably go overboard back there...but don't come to an Oklahoma message board and say you hope tornadoes blow us away swamp rats, you literally get 30 seconds heads up on that when it happens.

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 12:54 AM
Yep, the quakes have provided a few jokes over the years. Everything from Superman to 500 disater movies have hinged on the "falling into the ocean" thing.

And one thing I can say for tornadoes over hurricanes...I've never once seen a hurricane drop a house on a witch in a strange land of hoppies, flying monkeys, and emerald cities!

soonergirlNeugene
10/11/2007, 01:04 AM

I know I've teased the people up here in Oregon about the emergency TV messages that come across the screen if there's even the smallest amount of thunder. When there's no threat of tornadoes you tend to just laugh at "emergency weather bulletins"

[faint rumble outside]
Me: Wait for it....wait for it....
TV: beeep beeeep beeeep ...Emergency weather bulletin...Reports of thunder in the Eugene area...Tune in to Channel 5 for frequent weather updates...
Me: Spazzes wouldn't last 5 minutes in an Oklahoma spring :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 01:20 AM
Yeah...You oughtta hear me here in Vegas when they flip out over a single lightning strike or a 10 minute "downpour".

We have some amazing wind, I'll grant you (a tree even came down in my apartment complex lat week) but a consistent 40-50 mph wind all day is nothing compared to a 3 minute tornado.

Even funnier is the week long conversations over snow flurries that never stick. 30 degrees and 10 minutes of snow and these people act like they've been teleported to Minnesota.