PDA

View Full Version : Local government finds solution to homeless problem...

Sooner_Havok
10/9/2007, 11:34 PM
it starves them by making it a crime to feed them!

Link (http://www.wftv.com/news/14289861/detail.html?reddit)

Blue
10/10/2007, 12:51 AM
I agree that that law is rediculous.

goingoneight
10/10/2007, 01:46 AM
:mack: Excuse me young man... could you spare any change?

:les: CHAAAAAANGE!!!111!

Sooner_Havok
10/10/2007, 02:20 PM
America: That land of plenty, but don't go sharing that **** boy, or we will throw your *** in jail!

yermom
10/10/2007, 03:09 PM
don't feed the animals

Okla-homey
10/10/2007, 03:12 PM
Methinks this is mostly about keeping the environment around America's Favorite Family Funpark free of "undesirables." And it succs. As an aside, I wonder how many of those homeless folks parents bought them or took them to Disney movies and bought them Disney merch for Christmas and birthdays. The ingrates. Now they want to deny these people a sandwich that Disney didn't even buy. A pox on them.

You can't stay here, so just go off somewhere and die.

This kinda thing makes my Okie blood boil. It reminds of stories my grandparents told of how they were treated in "Californy" when they went out there trying to survive during the 30's. "Move along, and don't let the sun go down and catch you in these city limits you Okie scum."

yermom
10/10/2007, 03:38 PM
uh oh, you guys are agreeing with the ACLU ;)

sooneron
10/10/2007, 03:42 PM
This thread went a direction that I was not expecting from my Okie brethren.

sooneron
10/10/2007, 03:44 PM
On a related note, I didn't realize that one of our back up linebackers was currently homeless and living Orlando.

SCOUT
10/10/2007, 03:50 PM
I am curious what the ordinance actually says. I read through some of the links on that page and didn't see any real details. I did find a quote that says
The homeless feeding ordinance doesn't impact every public park. It's only for parks within a two-mile radius of city hall and it doesn't altogether ban homeless feedings. It forces groups who want to feed the homeless to get a permit.
If the idea behind the ordinance is to prevent Joe Schmo from setting up a kitchen and feeding people I can see that point of view. If however, the idea is to truly prevent any help for the homeless then that is another matter all together.

olevetonahill
10/10/2007, 04:19 PM
Now whats OUinFla gonna do with all those dead fish ?

Okla-homey
10/10/2007, 08:27 PM
This thread went a direction that I was not expecting from my Okie brethren.

I'ver heard to many stories during my lifetime from blood relatives who were discriminated against just because they were Okies to abide this sort of BS. Listen to some Woody Guthrie recordings. OUr people should get it. It's not been that very long ago.

usmc-sooner
10/10/2007, 08:32 PM
execute the homeless, put them out of their misery.

all joking aside, I once got a MickeyD's burger and fries and tried to give it a guy who was willing to "work for food" He told me point blank he didn't want that ****.

Sooner_Havok
10/10/2007, 09:57 PM

all joking aside, I once got a MickeyD's burger and fries and tried to give it a guy who was willing to "work for food" He told me point blank he didn't want that ****.

He just didn't want all that trans fat ;)

olevetonahill
10/10/2007, 10:08 PM

He was willing to work for FOOD not crap :cool: