PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush story not going away

Sooner5030
10/9/2007, 07:08 PM
Not that I normally wish bad things on other programs...even USC. But it would be nice to see the NCAA set penalties that are at least equitable considering the $ involved.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-bush10oct10,0,7084603.story?coll=la-home-center

StoopTroup
10/9/2007, 07:13 PM
I'm not holding my breath.

In other news Booty might be replaced with the Dirty Sanchez.

LINK (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/pac10/2007-10-09-usc-booty-practice_N.htm)

CitySooner
10/9/2007, 07:13 PM
Maybe the Stanford game was the beginning of the ending for the once mighty condoms. :O

Harry Beanbag
10/9/2007, 07:14 PM
http://www.bartcop.com/jpg/012ham.jpg

handcrafted
10/9/2007, 07:17 PM
I'm not holding my breath.

In other news Booty might be replaced with the Dirty Sanchez.

LINK (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/pac10/2007-10-09-usc-booty-practice_N.htm)

Okay. No way this happens. But...

If suc's backup QB plays, and during the highlights one of the ESPN heads were to refer to him as Mark "Dirty" Sanchez...I might just die laughing. :D

Berman doesn't do college highlights any more does he?

:pop:

SoonerKnight
10/9/2007, 07:20 PM
Since it is USC I'll hope they get what they deserve. If OU gets penalized for a couple thousand dollars because two players got paid for not working! What is $50,000 going to get them? I hope Petey gets the boot oh that would be sweet. The school declines to participate oh man are they covering up!

FaninAma
10/9/2007, 07:20 PM
The source familiar with the situation said that NCAA officials sought to include USC in the meeting with Lake, but the university declined to participate.

The attitude USC has taken will get them popped hard by the NCAA.

Lott's Bandana
10/9/2007, 07:27 PM

Stop the Freakin Presses!!!

"In a sudden change of policy, USC's governing board has submitted to the NCAA that their punishment should include striking from the record books their recent Pac10 victories over Stanford, UCLA and Oregon State."

"The NCAA has responded by asking ESPN if they would be okay with that..."

Sooner5030
10/9/2007, 07:48 PM
ESPN Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3056397

PLaw
10/9/2007, 07:54 PM
Not that I normally wish bad things on other programs...even USC. But it would be nice to see the NCAA set penalties that are at least equitable considering the $ involved.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-bush10oct10,0,7084603.story?coll=la-home-center

:rolleyes: Obviously, we don't understand the going price for 5-star recruits these days. :rolleyes:

Lott's Bandana
10/9/2007, 08:28 PM
Okay. No way this happens. But...

If suc's backup QB plays, and during the highlights one of the ESPN heads were to refer to him as Mark "Dirty" Sanchez...I might just die laughing. :D

If I see those highlights and that kid has a mustache I know I'm gonna p!ss m'self!

-

tulsaoilerfan
10/9/2007, 08:29 PM
:rolleyes: Obviously, we don't understand the going price for 5-star recruits these days. :rolleyes:
we do, that's why we only have a few of 'em; you know, budget constraints and all that. :D

StoopTroup
10/9/2007, 08:35 PM
If I see those highlights and that kid has a mustache I know I'm gonna p!ss m'self!

-
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1112/159268.jpg

I see something there I think. :D

SoonerBOI
10/9/2007, 09:02 PM
http://www.bartcop.com/jpg/012ham.jpg

VACATE! VACATE! LOL

sooneron
10/9/2007, 09:18 PM

Berman doesn't do college highlights any more does he?

Three things-

ESPiN is Disney NO WAY they let someone go there

Berman sucks

Berman would never do a nickname that wasn't tied to some tired old classic rock influence.

I guarantee you that if Limas Sweed makes the nfl and subsequently a highlight, that berman will call him Limas Sweed Home Alabama. He's THAT original.:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
10/10/2007, 12:29 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ulijon/Sanchez.jpg

Texas Golfer
10/10/2007, 05:41 AM
VACATE! VACATE! LOL

I don't want them to vacate their wins, I want them to forfeit the games.

Jacie
10/10/2007, 05:45 AM
Maybe the Stanford game was the beginning of the ending for the once mighty condoms. :O

It is not the beginning of the end, nor is it the end of the beginning, it's . . . ummm, what was I saying?

Lott's Bandana
10/10/2007, 08:41 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ulijon/Sanchez.jpg

Oy vey! That is one seriously DIRTY Sanchez.....ewww.

-

sendbaht
10/10/2007, 08:54 AM
BYE BYE USC!

Curly Bill
10/10/2007, 11:12 AM
Yahoo Sports is reporting that there appears to be a break in the ongoing case pitting USC against the NCAA. I saw it on the front page of Rivals where there is a link to the article, and I'm not a paid member.

Interesting to us Sooner fans is a mention that pressure had been building on the NCAA to do something regarding USC ever since the NCAA pinged us over the Bomar incident. That and the fact that the article also states USC could be looking at significant penalties!!!

Curly Bill
10/10/2007, 11:17 AM
Ok, even though I looked for a thread on this I didn't originally see it posted on the Sooner Football section...So, if one of you mods wants to delete this thread be my guest.

Ahhh, Hah, I see this has now been merged. Thanks

oupride
10/10/2007, 12:43 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/saints/2007-10-09-bush-agent_N.htm

Did not see this being discussed.

stoopified
10/10/2007, 12:46 PM
I thought USC had managed to buy their way clear.MAYBE the NCAA will take achunk out of them after all.

Dan Thompson
10/10/2007, 12:55 PM
What did the NCAA say about OU and Rhett?

OUDoc
10/10/2007, 01:04 PM
Discussed a little here. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101324)

Longer story here. (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-bush10oct10,0,7084603.story?coll=la-home-center)

OklahomaRed
10/10/2007, 01:08 PM
Shouldn't have lost to Stanford. Must have irritated some reporter? :D If the NCAA does not bring down some type penalty after penalizing OU for taking action, then money and the media has more power over the NCAA than it should.

SoonerBOI
10/10/2007, 01:26 PM
Karma for USC. LOL!

fadada1
10/10/2007, 01:33 PM
why should this story go away??? even if it's only half true, bush still swindled $50K+. and i guarrandamntee that somebody on the coaching staff (*cough* carroll *cough*) knows exactly what went on. somebody should lose their job over this whole mess. there's just too much being said about it for it to be all rumor.

Miko
10/10/2007, 01:36 PM
It isn't going away but it isn't ammounting to anything either. Where there's smoke there's fire, but the NCAA party line when it comes to usc is, "Pay no attention to the little man behind the curtain."

Curly Bill
10/10/2007, 02:04 PM
The article I read, which was Yahoo Sports, talked about how there was increasing pressure on the NCAA to push forward the investigation since the announcement of penalties on OU. I'd like to think that OU, President Boren perhaps, helped spur that along.

Also mentioned was that the impropiety might even date back to their champeenship win over OU, so...wouldn't it be great if that were the case and they had to give us the champeenship trophy? And yeah I know it wouldn't be the same as winning it on the field, but a championship trophy is a championship trophy! And besides, they cheated.

tommieharris91
10/10/2007, 02:14 PM
The article I read, which was Yahoo Sports, talked about how there was increasing pressure on the NCAA to push forward the investigation since the announcement of penalties on OU. I'd like to think that OU, President Boren perhaps, helped spur that along.

Also mentioned was that the impropiety might even date back to their champeenship win over OU, so...wouldn't it be great if that were the case and they had to give us the champeenship trophy? And yeah I know it wouldn't be the same as winning it on the field, but a championship trophy is a championship trophy! And besides, they cheated.

If they have to give up their championship trophy they should give it to Auburn. It would be nice if they did get some penalties though. One on the articles states that Bush directly received money for a car and a few other things. If so, they should at least get penalized for that.

Curly Bill
10/10/2007, 02:17 PM
One just wonders: if Reggie Bush received X-amount of benefits, what have some of those other fools received? I think Woodward and Bernstein should do an investigative report on this one.

OUDoc
10/10/2007, 02:23 PM
The NCAA has no football NC trophy to take back.

Curly Bill
10/10/2007, 02:27 PM
The NCAA has no football NC trophy to take back.

OK then, the NCAA can award us the MNC, and we can make our own trophy. Who does award the trophy? Isn't it the Sears Trophy or something?

tnraider1
10/10/2007, 03:10 PM
Please don't discuss us getting any awards or recognition from that game. It's embarrassing.

What he said. Please God. If the University of Oklahoma accepted it, I think I would no longer be a fan. Petty as hell.

Readyfor8
10/10/2007, 03:24 PM
If they vacate the win I think no one should be declared champion for that year. That or they bring all three teams back and make them do a Battle Royal Cage match for the championship

CU Sooner
10/10/2007, 04:35 PM
$13000 for a 96 impala? that has to raise flags right there. What did he use the other $8k on or did that car from Austin and did anyone chedck the trunk for backpacks?:D

fossil
10/10/2007, 04:48 PM

Heh! 'Bama would take the trophy in a heart beat. That would make, now let's see, 14 national championships for the Tide? Yeah, right!

okcfan33
10/10/2007, 08:48 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ys-bush100907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Bush case break?

By Charles Robinson and Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports
October 9, 2007
The NCAA appears to be on the verge of a major breakthrough in its investigation of Heisman Trophy-winning running back Reggie Bush.

Two sources have told Yahoo! Sports that Lloyd Lake, one of the financiers of failed marketing company New Era Sports & Entertainment, has agreed to meet with NCAA investigators and turn over financial records and other evidence that would tie Bush and his family to nearly $280,000 in extra benefits allegedly taken during Bush's days at USC. Lake – one of two New Era financiers who allegedly delivered cash payments and other benefits to Bush and his family – is preparing to file suit against Bush and his family later this month.

Sources said that Lake's meeting with the NCAA could include discussion of Bush's relationship with New Era Sports – from financial records and receipts to how and when payments were made – and information about other parties who might have had financial involvement with the running back and his family. Such revelations would likely allow the NCAA's slowed investigation to move forward.

Yahoo! Sports has acquired confidential emails from officers of New Era Sports & Entertainment, soliciting marketing and memorabilia deals on the running back's behalf. The emails and other internal memorandums purport ties between Bush, his family and New Era officers Lake and Michael Michaels. Bush settled out of court with Michaels in April for a sum that sources placed between $200,000 and $300,000. The settlement included a confidentiality agreement that barred Michaels from speaking to the NCAA, sources said.

Lake and Bush sat before a mediator in June and attempted to hammer out a settlement, sources said, but that effort apparently was unsuccessful. Lake's legal representation declined to confirm that meeting and also refused to discuss the potential for their client to appear before the NCAA.

"We do not want to discuss the matter," Lake's attorney, Brian Watkins, said.

Calls to Bush's attorney, David Cornwell, were not immediately returned.

Cornwell said in January that he and his clients no longer would be taking part in the "media frenzy" surrounding the running back.

NCAA officials declined to comment on the matter but encouraged anyone with knowledge of the situation to come forward.

Taped conversations between Lake, Bush, Bush's stepfather LaMar Griffin and others starting in December 2005 now could be examined as evidence by the NCAA. Sources have told Yahoo! Sports that those tapes provide proof of a financial relationship between the New Era financiers and Bush's family during his days at USC. The tapes could pave the way for significant penalties for USC and ultimately could lead to Bush losing the Heisman Trophy he won in 2005 when he led USC to the national championship game against Texas.

The conversations also could prove Bush's family started taking money from Michaels and Lake during the 2004 season, when USC went undefeated and won the national championship in a rout of Oklahoma.

Pressure has been growing on the NCAA for months and came to a head recently when the organization struck Oklahoma with multiple penalties stemming from a scandal uncovered before the 2006 season. Oklahoma President David Boren recently praised his school's efforts to clean up its issues and compared it favorably with the lack of fact-finding in the USC case.

Two sources told Yahoo! Sports that attorneys for Lake and Bush have not spoken since the failed settlement attempt in June. However, according to four sources, Bush angered both Lake and Michaels by accusing them of extortion in a recent interview aired Sept. 13 on ESPN's "Outside The Lines."

In that interview, Bush said of the NCAA investigation and his family's alleged impropriety: "For me, I look at it as – and my family looks at it as – extortion. Because these were guys we'd known our whole lives … when I was a freshman in high school, they weren't asking for money. When I was getting older, and then all of the sudden my year with the possibility of me coming out, all this stuff comes out."

According to a source at ESPN, that segment aired despite a threat from Bush's camp that the running back would halt future cooperation with the network if the interview was not pulled.

Sources told Yahoo! Sports following the segment that Bush might have violated his confidentiality clause with Michaels by directing claims of extortion at the New Era financiers. The FBI briefly investigated claims of extortion from Bush's attorney, including interviewing several of Lake's family members and acquaintances before a federal grand jury. After the depositions, a federal source told Yahoo! Sports that the FBI would not be pursuing the extortion claims.

Bush's family allegedly received rent-free living for a year in a home in Spring Valley, Calif. Both Michaels and Lake have claimed the family owes approximately $50,000 in rent on the $757,000 home. Sources also detailed for Yahoo! Sports a litany of cash payments and other benefits allegedly given to the family. Such payments eventually are expected to be revealed during the course of Lake's lawsuit.

Bush, whose family had lived in an apartment before moving into the Spring Valley home, claimed his parents simply "got behind" on rent during his interview with "Outside The Lines."

"It was basically, you know, just my parents, you know, renting a house from a friend of ours, and they got behind on some rent, you know, a couple of months on some rent," Bush said on the segment. "And all of the sudden it's like the media blew up this whole thing – 'Oh, they were living in this house rent free' – which wasn't the case. We rented a house and just like any other family, you know, you get behind on bills. You don't have money; my family isn't rich. We didn't have a lot of money.

"So my parents struggled to pay bills here and there, one of those being rent. I think just like any normal average family, you struggle to pay bills sometimes, and that's all it was. And the media kind of blew it out to kind of make it seem like we were living in this nice gorgeous house – which I never lived there – living in this nice gorgeous house rent free, and it wasn't anything like that."

Watkins and Michaels' attorney, Jordan Cohen, told Yahoo! Sports the family never paid any rent and subsequently was evicted from the home in April 2006.

Jason Cole and Charles Robinson are national NFL writers for Yahoo! Sports.

Send Jason a question or comment or send Charles a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

lexsooner
10/10/2007, 08:54 PM
If they vacate the win I think no one should be declared champion for that year. That or they bring all three teams back and make them do a Battle Royal Cage match for the championship

The bigger question is if the NCAA goes further and actually makes USC "forfeit" the games in which Bush played in 2004-05. That would mean their wins would be officially counted as losses by the NCAA and the team which lost on the field would be awarded "wins" on the record. OU actually got a lesser punishment by having to "vacate" its 2005 wins. These games were wiped off the record and they did not count as wins for the opponents or losses for OU.

If I recall right from all the talk back in the day when this Bush scandal first arose, if USC actually forfeited the Orange Bowl win, meaning it counts as a loss for USC and win for OU on the record, the BCS would still have to rewrite its bylaws and make them apply retroactively for such a situation, in order to award the national title to OU. At the moment, the BCS has no policy for such a situation. I have no idea what would happen with the AP national title.

In any event, all of this is not likely. I could see the NCAA hitting USC hard and going beyond vacating their wins, but making them forfeit them to their opponents. But the BCS has to meet and take affirmative action to change its bylaws and declare them to apply retroactively so it can change its national champion for 2004, and this is not likely.

adoniijahsooner
10/10/2007, 08:55 PM
Do we get number 8 if this goes down?

Stitch Face
10/10/2007, 08:57 PM
I wish some booster would let me get behind in my bills.

Sooner98
10/10/2007, 09:04 PM
Do we get number 8 if this goes down?

I would certainly hope not. How embarrassing would that be if we got #8 in that fashion?

Lott's Bandana
10/10/2007, 09:04 PM
just like any normal average family = $757,000 home

I supported my "normal average" family in California and our home wasn't a penny over a 1/2 million $$!

tulsaoilerfan
10/10/2007, 09:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ys-bush100907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Bush case break?

By Charles Robinson and Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports
October 9, 2007
The NCAA appears to be on the verge of a major breakthrough in its investigation of Heisman Trophy-winning running back Reggie Bush.

Two sources have told Yahoo! Sports that Lloyd Lake, one of the financiers of failed marketing company New Era Sports & Entertainment, has agreed to meet with NCAA investigators and turn over financial records and other evidence that would tie Bush and his family to nearly $280,000 in extra benefits allegedly taken during Bush's days at USC. Lake – one of two New Era financiers who allegedly delivered cash payments and other benefits to Bush and his family – is preparing to file suit against Bush and his family later this month.

Sources said that Lake's meeting with the NCAA could include discussion of Bush's relationship with New Era Sports – from financial records and receipts to how and when payments were made – and information about other parties who might have had financial involvement with the running back and his family. Such revelations would likely allow the NCAA's slowed investigation to move forward.

Yahoo! Sports has acquired confidential emails from officers of New Era Sports & Entertainment, soliciting marketing and memorabilia deals on the running back's behalf. The emails and other internal memorandums purport ties between Bush, his family and New Era officers Lake and Michael Michaels. Bush settled out of court with Michaels in April for a sum that sources placed between $200,000 and $300,000. The settlement included a confidentiality agreement that barred Michaels from speaking to the NCAA, sources said.

Lake and Bush sat before a mediator in June and attempted to hammer out a settlement, sources said, but that effort apparently was unsuccessful. Lake's legal representation declined to confirm that meeting and also refused to discuss the potential for their client to appear before the NCAA.

"We do not want to discuss the matter," Lake's attorney, Brian Watkins, said.

Calls to Bush's attorney, David Cornwell, were not immediately returned.

Cornwell said in January that he and his clients no longer would be taking part in the "media frenzy" surrounding the running back.

NCAA officials declined to comment on the matter but encouraged anyone with knowledge of the situation to come forward.

Taped conversations between Lake, Bush, Bush's stepfather LaMar Griffin and others starting in December 2005 now could be examined as evidence by the NCAA. Sources have told Yahoo! Sports that those tapes provide proof of a financial relationship between the New Era financiers and Bush's family during his days at USC. The tapes could pave the way for significant penalties for USC and ultimately could lead to Bush losing the Heisman Trophy he won in 2005 when he led USC to the national championship game against Texas.

The conversations also could prove Bush's family started taking money from Michaels and Lake during the 2004 season, when USC went undefeated and won the national championship in a rout of Oklahoma.

Pressure has been growing on the NCAA for months and came to a head recently when the organization struck Oklahoma with multiple penalties stemming from a scandal uncovered before the 2006 season. Oklahoma President David Boren recently praised his school's efforts to clean up its issues and compared it favorably with the lack of fact-finding in the USC case.

Two sources told Yahoo! Sports that attorneys for Lake and Bush have not spoken since the failed settlement attempt in June. However, according to four sources, Bush angered both Lake and Michaels by accusing them of extortion in a recent interview aired Sept. 13 on ESPN's "Outside The Lines."

In that interview, Bush said of the NCAA investigation and his family's alleged impropriety: "For me, I look at it as – and my family looks at it as – extortion. Because these were guys we'd known our whole lives … when I was a freshman in high school, they weren't asking for money. When I was getting older, and then all of the sudden my year with the possibility of me coming out, all this stuff comes out."

According to a source at ESPN, that segment aired despite a threat from Bush's camp that the running back would halt future cooperation with the network if the interview was not pulled.

Sources told Yahoo! Sports following the segment that Bush might have violated his confidentiality clause with Michaels by directing claims of extortion at the New Era financiers. The FBI briefly investigated claims of extortion from Bush's attorney, including interviewing several of Lake's family members and acquaintances before a federal grand jury. After the depositions, a federal source told Yahoo! Sports that the FBI would not be pursuing the extortion claims.

Bush's family allegedly received rent-free living for a year in a home in Spring Valley, Calif. Both Michaels and Lake have claimed the family owes approximately $50,000 in rent on the $757,000 home. Sources also detailed for Yahoo! Sports a litany of cash payments and other benefits allegedly given to the family. Such payments eventually are expected to be revealed during the course of Lake's lawsuit.

Bush, whose family had lived in an apartment before moving into the Spring Valley home, claimed his parents simply "got behind" on rent during his interview with "Outside The Lines."

"It was basically, you know, just my parents, you know, renting a house from a friend of ours, and they got behind on some rent, you know, a couple of months on some rent," Bush said on the segment. "And all of the sudden it's like the media blew up this whole thing – 'Oh, they were living in this house rent free' – which wasn't the case. We rented a house and just like any other family, you know, you get behind on bills. You don't have money; my family isn't rich. We didn't have a lot of money.

"So my parents struggled to pay bills here and there, one of those being rent. I think just like any normal average family, you struggle to pay bills sometimes, and that's all it was. And the media kind of blew it out to kind of make it seem like we were living in this nice gorgeous house – which I never lived there – living in this nice gorgeous house rent free, and it wasn't anything like that."

Watkins and Michaels' attorney, Jordan Cohen, told Yahoo! Sports the family never paid any rent and subsequently was evicted from the home in April 2006.

Jason Cole and Charles Robinson are national NFL writers for Yahoo! Sports.

Send Jason a question or comment or send Charles a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

here's an idea, don't live in houses you obviously can't afford and none of this even happens; they should be put on probation for life

tulsaoilerfan
10/10/2007, 09:06 PM
we didn't win the title on the field, so i don't think we should be awarded the title because of this; leave it vacant for that year.

FaninAma
10/10/2007, 09:11 PM
USC is about to find out that coverups get you in worse trouble than the original violations. Hopefully the NCAA remembers how uncooperative USC has been in this mess.

Stitch Face
10/10/2007, 09:13 PM
If they have to give up their championship trophy they should give it to Auburn. It would be nice if they did get some penalties though. One on the articles states that Bush directly received money for a car and a few other things. If so, they should at least get penalized for that.

Auburn already got a trophy that year. From the People.

bluedogok
10/10/2007, 09:14 PM
we didn't win the title on the field, so i don't think we should be awarded the title because of this; leave it vacant for that year.
Precisely, accepting it on those terms would be lame.

Sooner_Havok
10/10/2007, 09:49 PM
USC is about to find out that coverups get you in worse trouble than the original violations. Hopefully the NCAA remembers how uncooperative USC has been in this mess.

What mess, USC never did anything, it was just a rouge player and his family. The coaches never knew anything about this, plus the kid is already gone, no point in punishing a team for the violations of one kid, who isn't even there anymore...

:rolleyes:

OUTrumpet
10/10/2007, 10:02 PM
Heh! 'Bama would take the trophy in a heart beat. That would make, now let's see, 14 national championships for the Tide for the 2004 season? Yeah, right!

Fixed for bama math.

Doged
10/10/2007, 10:13 PM

I don't want that trophy. The Sooners didn't earn that one.

While I'd love to see USC penalized the same as we were, and Bush have to give back his Heisman just for being a scumbag classless cheater, I hope Boren is no way involved with pressuring the NCAA. I seriously doubt that he is.

CatfishSooner
10/10/2007, 10:15 PM
F USC

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/10/2007, 10:41 PM

While I'd love to see USC penalized the same as we were, and Bush have to give back his Heisman just for being a scumbag classless cheater, I hope Boren is no way involved with pressuring the NCAA. I seriously doubt that he is.

I don't want the trophy either but an OU "2004 National Champs" shirt would be nice just to tweak a few people, even if it was with an asterisk.

OKC Sooner
10/10/2007, 11:12 PM
What mess, USC never did anything, it was just a rouge player and his family. The coaches never knew anything about this, plus the kid is already gone, no point in punishing a team for the violations of one kid, who isn't even there anymore...

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/6721/rougeplayerie3.jpg

tommieharris91
10/10/2007, 11:25 PM
:confused:

Crucifax Autumn
10/10/2007, 11:38 PM
Here's how I'd like to see it go down:

They punish them severely including taking away the Heisman and the NC. Then, when they try to give it to us Stoops, the rest of the coaches, the players, and the former players all say they don't want it, we don't list it in our own literateure or banners or anything and then they put it in the "official" books anyway. Then we get to look like we have some class while simultaneously sitting back and enjoying watching the empire crumble.

Widescreen
10/11/2007, 12:26 AM
:confused:
http://auburn.scout.com/2/338643.html

Retarded poll started by an Auburn student to proclaim Auburn the REAL 2004 national champion. :rolleyes:

I still can't believe it.

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 12:28 AM
That Auburn fans are idiots? I believe it!

tommieharris91
10/11/2007, 12:48 AM
http://auburn.scout.com/2/338643.html

Retarded poll started by an Auburn student to proclaim Auburn the REAL 2004 national champion. :rolleyes:

I still can't believe it.

They must have got this idea from Bama fans. At least the next two winners were the same as the actual national champ.

goingoneight
10/11/2007, 12:55 AM
O.J. will take care of this snitch for 'em. :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 12:56 AM
We oughtta start our own poll too. We could do crazy **** like when the King voted Fresno State #1 based on their undefeated status.

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 12:57 AM
O.J. will take care of this snitch for 'em.

And then spend 15 years looking for the real cheater?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2007, 12:59 AM
I would like to see the Plainsmen, er, ah, the War Eagles, er, the Tigers get the trophy, as the only undefeated team that year. I would feel rather "Bamaesque" if OU was to get it and accept it. (and that ain't good)

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 01:04 AM
That's why I say we should never accept it...just let it go in the books so every announcer from that point on would have to say, "8 time national champion Oklahoma, who only claims 7 since one wasn't won on the field" etc.

Would go a long way toward getting rid of the idiots that think we're whiners after last year's Oregon game just because we can SEE!

soonermeteor
10/11/2007, 01:25 AM
I agree with you guys, we should not get any national championship title. I don't care what Bush did off the field, they PWNED us on the field. We would be the most hated college program if we tried to claim it.

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 01:31 AM
I agree completely, but who knows? Maybe if we had professional players (you know...paid athletes) we'd have kicked the crap outta them.

guzziguy
10/11/2007, 05:48 AM

I hope Boren is standing on the NCAA's neck wearing his golf shoes. USC has been both the media and NCAA's darling for far too long. It's time everyone involved be shown for the frauds they are.

KantoSooner
10/11/2007, 06:46 AM
I agree completely, but who knows? Maybe if we had professional players (you know...paid athletes) we'd have kicked the crap outta them.

Maybe Barry could talk Jerry into lending us this year's Cowboys for a return match with USC. You know, just to set things straight. Bob and Wade could mix and match and pick up a 44 man roster to face off with the condoms.
TRRW would probably be up for it.
Bring his own horse collar, too...

OUTrumpet
10/11/2007, 07:23 AM

I thought that was just the rigged (if you vote for USC it doesn't count) fat kid's trophy?

jrsooner
10/11/2007, 10:32 AM

"I swear I'm innocent" :)

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2007-10/33127342.jpg

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2007, 11:03 AM

Heh, at first i thought you were being serious. :D

colleyvillesooner
10/11/2007, 11:05 AM

I don't remember Reggie Bush throwing 3 INT's in that game. ;)

snp
10/11/2007, 11:21 AM
I would like to see the Plainsmen, er, ah, the War Eagles, er, the Tigers get the trophy, as the only undefeated team that year. I would feel rather "Bamaesque" if OU was to get it and accept it. (and that ain't good)

Screw it, give it to Utah. They were also undefeated that year and don't have dumb fans creating dumb polls.

OUmillenium
10/11/2007, 11:22 AM

I do...and especially USuC!!;)

10/11/2007, 11:32 AM
Screw it, give it to Utah. They were also undefeated that year and don't have dumb fans creating dumb polls.We could look it up, but I was thinking that Utah being undefeated was the following year. Wheatever, Auburn's strength of schedule had to be MUCH better than Utah. GIVE IT TO THE TIGERS/WAR EAGLE/PLAINSMEN, ALREADY! They only have 0, 1 or 2 NC's already, and are nowhere near encroaching on our stellar total of 7

snp
10/11/2007, 11:44 AM
We could look it up, but I was thinking that Utah being undefeated was the following year. Wheatever, Auburn's strength of schedule had to be MUCH better than Utah. GIVE IT TO THE TIGERS/WAR EAGLE/PLAINSMEN, ALREADY! They only have 0, 1 or 2 NC's already, and are nowhere near encroaching on our stellar total of 7

It was 2004 (http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/mountainwest/utah/yearly_results.php?year=2000)

And I think you missed my sarcasm.

10/11/2007, 12:10 PM
It was 2004 (http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/mountainwest/utah/yearly_results.php?year=2000)

And I think you missed my sarcasm.Yes, I did. Sorry. BRING ON THE PLAYOFFS!

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/11/2007, 02:40 PM
Bush supposedly got over a quarter million (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3056397)

Lessee, how much did the Idiot get again?

cheezyq
10/11/2007, 02:42 PM
Precisely, accepting it on those terms would be lame.

You know, I'm in total agreement with this line of thinking. I think it's pathetic that anyone claims championships it never really won, like USC and Alabama.

But thinking about this from another perspective...other than reasonable/self-respecting people like us, no one really puts down USC or Alabama for it, and most of the time they're praised all over for how great they are and how awesome their tradition is for all the championships they've "won".

I'm all for the integrity of NOT claiming championships that weren't won on the field; but if no one really seems to care that SC and 'Bama do it, then WHY NOT claim the NC? Heck, we can even split it with Auburn, just for the heck of it. It'll be just like the old days - before the BCS.

:D

fadada1
10/11/2007, 02:50 PM
this whole thing is insane. to think that the coaches "didn't know" anything was happening is insulting to our intelligence (even an aggie's intelligence... or lack thereof).

isn't bush's background (socioeconomic) fairly poor(ish)?? not starving, but definitely not beverly hills material??

i remember seeing aubry beavers driving a brand new corvette while he was here. dude couldn't spell his own name until his junior year at OU. i seem to remember hearing about his background... no silver spoon in his mouth.

Miko
10/11/2007, 04:26 PM
This just in: the NCAA has ruled against usuc for "lack of institutional controll" and their punishment is forfeiture of last week's game vs. Stanford. :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 10:49 PM
I'm liking this story getting big enough to be rolling on the scroll on CNN...

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/11/2007, 10:58 PM
I'm liking this story getting big enough to be rolling on the scroll on CNN...

Really? Kewl.....

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 11:00 PM
Yep, saw it this morning and about ****ed myself. I think maybe they really are gonna finally get in trouble with actual media attention getting started.

Sooner_Havok
10/11/2007, 11:18 PM
Bah, you are all fools! USC will get a stern talking to, that is it.

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 11:20 PM
That would normally be my feeling too, but I think maybe the NCAA is feeling the heat and is fully aware of how powerful fan backlash is.

Sooner_Havok
10/11/2007, 11:23 PM
What are fans going to do? Boycott games? There is nothing that people can do but get mad. The NCAA will not have to do anything, they will take the heat, so USC doesn't have to.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/11/2007, 11:28 PM
I hope the NCAA is beginning to see that if they let USC skate after the penalties they imposed on us, they will lose any credibility they have left (I mean, of course, among people who are not us, since we already give them no credibility).

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 11:31 PM
What are fans going to do? Boycott games? There is nothing that people can do but get mad. The NCAA will not have to do anything, they will take the heat, so USC doesn't have to.

That's the attitude MLB had a while back and they only now, 15 years later, have their attendance back to normal.

Sooner_Havok
10/11/2007, 11:33 PM
Yeah, but so what if they have no credibility? They are the only game in town, and no school is going to take their ball and go home. If you want to play football, you have to go by the NCAA. They may be worthless cheats, but until a group of teams (More than just Georgia and OU) stand up to them, they can do whatever they want.

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2007, 11:34 PM
And if they let SUC off too easy, that group may well grow a lot larger than 2 schools.

Big Red Ron
10/11/2007, 11:43 PM
Much as I hate to admit it, if they must vacate the OB win, there is only two ways to handle it. 1) No NC in 2004, or 2) The title goes to the other team in the Championship game (based on the system we all agreed upon BEFORE the season).

Crucifax Autumn
10/12/2007, 12:03 AM
That's true and that's why I say we shun it as a fanbase and team, but let it go in the books...WAY better than claiming it when it's not in the books like other so-called 80 time champions.

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2007, 12:29 AM
And if they let SUC off too easy, that group may well grow a lot larger than 2 schools.

It would take at least 60-70 to compete with the NCAA, regardless. Not happening, the NCAA is the only team in town, they know it, and they aren't afraid of taking criticism to protect one of the chosen ones.

Crucifax Autumn
10/12/2007, 12:47 AM
Well then, I say instead of taking on the NCAA directly the schools who DO feel as we do should apply some pressure on the media...Even local newspapers and television and just push the issue as much as possible. There is no way in hell they should be let off easy, chosen ones or not.

Sooner Eclipse
10/15/2007, 12:16 AM
It was reported during the SEA/NO game that the sports agent in the Reggie Bush payola fiasco is going to speak with NCAA investigators this week.

I still don't have high expectations but hope something positive comes of this.

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 12:32 AM
This would make my year...only thing better will be when we get to the BCS championship game.

KantoSooner
10/15/2007, 12:45 AM
A delicious irony would be:

1. Pete leaves at the end of the year.
With Bush is already gone neither of them can have jack done to them by the NCAA.

But, USC can be hammered into the stone age. I would like to see that when the two prime movers in the whole thing had packed and left town. Lie down with dogs.....

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 12:52 AM
Wow...can you imagine how much they'd all be whining about that? And I'd be thinking, "screw 'em!"

10/15/2007, 01:14 AM
They need to sink back into the mediocrity they had before Carroll brought his recruiting charms to the land of condoms. That's all I ask of them.

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 01:15 AM
MEdiocrity isn't good enough...I want them to have losing seasons for 10 years, including a few winless ones.

SoonerKnight
10/15/2007, 01:28 AM
How about part of the punishment they get Callahan as HC? :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 01:36 AM
As long as we're suggesting this type of punishment why not force 'em to hire Mike Leech...as Defensive coordinator!

SoonerKnight
10/15/2007, 01:38 AM
As long as we're suggesting this type of punishment why not force 'em to hire Mike Leech...as Defensive coordinator!
:D He would never take a demotion but how about the guy that he fired? :cool:

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 01:45 AM
We could always make 'em take gumby for HC...He'd be even more of a man in California.

Leroy Lizard
10/15/2007, 01:47 AM
How about part of the punishment they get Callahan as HC?

Would the Supreme Court allow it? Sounds a little extreme.

SoonerKnight
10/15/2007, 01:47 AM
We could always make 'em take gumby for HC...He'd be even more of a man in California.

The funny thing is I read somewhere that Petey was thinking about leaving after this season anyway. What must he have known????

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 01:54 AM
He knew that that program was going down to probation and that his talent level was dropping for years.

Maybe they oughtta go for the ultimate PR stunt and hire their most famous former player...OJ.

KantoSooner
10/15/2007, 02:12 AM

Of course he would be. By the time he got there, he'd be .....
wait for it....

Scott D
10/15/2007, 08:43 AM
The funny thing is I read somewhere that Petey was thinking about leaving after this season anyway. What must he have known????

that was Jim Harbaugh (Stanford HC) planting that rumor back during the spring.

cheezyq
10/15/2007, 09:44 AM
MEdiocrity isn't good enough...I want them to have losing seasons for 10 years, including a few winless ones.

You're right. Because even if they were mediocre (4-5 losses per year), they'd still claim a few AP championships. The only way to ensure that they don't is for them to go winless.