PDA

View Full Version : 12th Man will be in Norman Saturday

oupride
10/9/2007, 11:12 AM
Of course I am talking about the OU fans within the stadium on Saturday. The term originated with Texas A&M University in 1922 and IMO no one does a better job to create loud sounds in hopes of distracting, demoralizing and confusing the opposing team while they have possession of the ball. It is not my intent to dis any Sooner fans and they ARE LOUD at the snap of the ball. But the difference I want to point out is possession vs snap. I attended the Miami game and the sold-out stadium was LOUD. However, the fans sitting with me in the upper section home side did not begin their noise making until UM broke huddle and came up to the line of scrimmage. That's too late! Does this make sense? Trust me, this is hard to do and especially during time outs! However I can think of no better time than this Saturday to begin shoutin, whistling, stomping and any other techniques you can muster at least when the MIZZOU team comes onto the field of play. Again, I apologize if this thread offends anyone this is not my intent. I have been to College Station the last 3 trips and after witnessing Coach Heupel YELLING into Jason White's ear on the sideline I have just wanted to share it. This is a BIG game let's help OUr team!

Widescreen
10/9/2007, 11:21 AM
Good luck with that. It's not in our fans' makeup to make noise constantly.

StoopTroup
10/9/2007, 11:44 AM
Comparing OU Fans to Sheep Herders can only mean trOUble arOUnd here.

You shOUld ask the Mods to delete this IMO.

OKLA21FAN
10/9/2007, 11:46 AM
A&M should take legal action for this thread title

SeattleOUstudent
10/9/2007, 12:07 PM
Right! While we are at it, we can start our own new tradition. We can call it the OU SHOCK WAVE or something.

Im thinking a vertical 'wave'.

SpiderInMyPeanuts
10/9/2007, 12:10 PM
I was actually there for the SHOCKWAVE---it was against Baylor in 1996 or 1997. Pretty low moment for me as a Sooner.

MamaMia
10/9/2007, 12:13 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/2bab13c900180c864353c40582424da9.gif

SeattleOUstudent
10/9/2007, 12:15 PM
I was actually there for the SHOCKWAVE---it was against Baylor in 1996 or 1997. Pretty low moment for me as a Sooner.

97 Baylor. What a disaster.

badger
10/9/2007, 12:24 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/2bab13c900180c864353c40582424da9.gif
cute. spek. but let's see if I can 1up you...
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7277/squeezejz8.jpg

Boomer Mooner
10/9/2007, 12:32 PM
I have to live in Texas and am surrounded by Aggies. To suggest we use junk grabbin Aggie as some type of role model is ill. They are to make fun of and use as examples to teach our children...

I showed my daughter the end of the OU/Aggie game last year. I paused the game and had her count the number of Aggies on the field and explained to her how they just screwed themselves on National TV and how proud they where to be the home of the 12th man. I explained how we all laughed as we took pics in front of the big, HOME OF THE 12TH MAN sign on the way out of the stadium, and explained to her, THAT is the Aggie way.

AlabamaSooner
10/9/2007, 12:35 PM
Of course I am talking about the OU fans within the stadium on Saturday. The term originated with Texas A&M University in 1922 and IMO no one does a better job to create loud sounds in hopes of distracting, demoralizing and confusing the opposing team while they have possession of the ball. It is not my intent to dis any Sooner fans and they ARE LOUD at the snap of the ball. But the difference I want to point out is possession vs snap. I attended the Miami game and the sold-out stadium was LOUD. However, the fans sitting with me in the upper section home side did not begin their noise making until UM broke huddle and came up to the line of scrimmage. That's too late! Does this make sense? Trust me, this is hard to do and especially during time outs! However I can think of no better time than this Saturday to begin shoutin, whistling, stomping and any other techniques you can muster at least when the MIZZOU team comes onto the field of play. Again, I apologize if this thread offends anyone this is not my intent. I have been to College Station the last 3 trips and after witnessing Coach Heupel YELLING into Jason White's ear on the sideline I have just wanted to share it. This is a BIG game let's help OUr team!

I'll give A&M credit. Probably one of the loudest stadiums I've been to in 2004.

Jimminy Crimson
10/9/2007, 12:56 PM
Everything about A&M is overrated.

The end.

SpiderInMyPeanuts
10/9/2007, 01:38 PM
Kansas St in 2000 was louder to me.

MamaMia
10/9/2007, 02:05 PM
cute. spek. but let's see if I can 1up you...
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7277/squeezejz8.jpg :D

fadada1
10/9/2007, 02:11 PM
97 Baylor. What a disaster.
at least we won. barely. but we won.

Doged
10/9/2007, 02:16 PM
Just a technicality, but being loud during the huddle won't really work that well against Mizzou. They usually run a no-huddle offense. Loud at the line of scrimmage will be good, though! ;)

swardboy
10/9/2007, 02:20 PM
Hey, everyone wear orange! That'll confuse 'em real good. Big let down 'cause they'll think they're in stoolwater!!!!

OKLA21FAN
10/9/2007, 02:21 PM
never they less,
Ou fans can nevar be as loud as Oregon home games.....just ask them :pop:

Jdog
10/9/2007, 02:40 PM
Good luck with that. It's not in our fans' makeup to make noise constantly.

Back in the day when our stadium seats were made of wood - late 60’s and most of the 70’s – Nebraska players and for that matter our other opponents called Memorial Stadium the “SNAKE PIT” because of the noise.

Sounds like our current crop of fans may have become more soft and polite? Guess that's what happens when ticket prices go up and you get comfortable armchair seats.

MyT Oklahoma
10/9/2007, 05:51 PM
Well hell.. I lucked out and got some "Seats for Sooners" tickets this week and now I have the pleasure of taking my daughter to her first game in Norman next saturday. Is that too cool or what?

It goes without saying of course that I will show her how to make the proper amount of crowd noise. I can hardly wait.

P.S. Thank you OU Ticket Office.

SOONERnTx
10/9/2007, 06:30 PM
Congrats, I also won the "seats for Sooners" tickets, it will be my first game in Norman, I'm so excited. I'll also be contributing to the crowd noise. I'm gonna kiss the people in the ticket office when i pick up my tickets. See ya in section 34

Lott's Bandana
10/9/2007, 08:40 PM
If you watched MNF last night you saw a big "12th Man" sign on the Buffalo Bills' press box. Do you think the Aggie legal team has filed a restraining order? Obviously it is the only restraining Ags can do...ask that offensive (pun intended) juggernaut, Miami.

Soonerus
10/9/2007, 08:44 PM
Aggies are automatons & freaks...

goingoneight
10/9/2007, 09:37 PM
Hey, everyone wear orange! That'll confuse 'em real good. Big let down 'cause they'll think they're in stoolwater!!!!

It will also make them buy into the "retarded, redneck Okies" stereotype.

SOONERnTx
10/10/2007, 08:01 AM
No more tickets left for the game on soonersports.com!!!! I think it will be plenty LOUD.