PDA

View Full Version : Teams we need to cheer for

MarylandSooner
10/9/2007, 04:29 AM
I woke up this morning and realized that I am going to be cheering for ND this weekend and it about made me sick. But now for the rest of the list:

Kentucky over LSU

Oregon St. over Cal

Kent St. over Ohio St.

Nortre Dame over Boston College

UCF over South Florida

Who do you think has the best chance for an upset this weekend?

I am hoping Kentucky but for some reason ND has a chance against Boston College, I have not been that impressed with Boston College thus far.

ruf/nekdad
10/9/2007, 04:37 AM
Cheering for noter shame....thats not gonna be easy.

CtheB
10/9/2007, 05:49 AM
To save you the pain of rooting for Notre Dame, please realize that BC has a difficult road out, and still has games awaiting them with VT, FSU, and Miami, not to mention "trap" games with Maryland and Clemson. Difficult road.

I just want to save a fellow Sooner from having to root for the Friggin' Irish.

But, as stated on this board for a few weeks now, LSU needs to be very wary of that trip to Kentucky. Could be a snakepit waiting for them in Lexington.

AlbqSooner
10/9/2007, 06:06 AM
UCF took texarse to the wire. Those two schools are both seeking recognition as "the real deal" and are located a short haul up I-4 from each other. Could be a nail biter.

sooner-n-ga
10/9/2007, 07:20 AM
Kentucky over LSU >>> Won't happen.

Oregon St. over Cal >>> Might happen.

Kent St. over Ohio St. >>> Will never happen.

Nortre Dame over Boston College >>> Would't surprise me if it happened.

UCF over South Florida >>> Could very well happen.

badger
10/9/2007, 07:32 AM
Teams we need to cheer for:
OKLAHOMA
OKLAHOMA
OKLAHOMA
OKLAHOMA
OKLAHOMA
OKLAHOMA
OKLAHOMA

Seriously guys, you think those little mizzou kitties are going to take their yearly spanking like usual? Hell, no! The only game we should be worried about it the one we're in, because if we don't win it, the only thing we're going to hear the rest of the year is...

Worse than Baylor
Overrated
Pacific Life Holiday Bowl
Big 12 South champs Texas A&M
Conference rival Oklahoma State

"gut check Saturday"
North>South

AHHHH! We need to win!

MarylandSooner
10/9/2007, 07:41 AM
I hear ya, lets take care of business and then hope everyone else that needs to lose, loses.

KantoSooner
10/9/2007, 09:24 AM
No worries viz BC, Miami will beat them DOWN. Like 35 points. Book 'em, Danno.

ballardm
10/9/2007, 09:52 AM
BOOMER

StoopTroup
10/9/2007, 10:05 AM
SOONER

TopDawg
10/9/2007, 10:14 AM
Kentucky over LSU >>> Won't happen.

Oregon St. over Cal >>> Might happen.

Kent St. over Ohio St. >>> Will never happen.

Nortre Dame over Boston College >>> Would't surprise me if it happened.

UCF over South Florida >>> Could very well happen.

Give me your predictions on Stanford vs. USC, and Appalachian State vs. Michigan.

fadada1
10/9/2007, 10:25 AM
Give me your predictions on Stanford vs. USC, and Appalachian State vs. Michigan.
who are three people that have never been in my kitchen?

had i known the outcome of those 2 games, i would now own at least half of south america.

TopDawg
10/9/2007, 10:28 AM
Nice Cheers reference.

SavageTiger
10/9/2007, 01:45 PM
I'll be cheering for OU the rest of the season. I would love to see a National Title Rematch between the Tigers and the Sooners. Here's to a kicka$$ rest of the season for you guys!

LittleWingSooner
10/9/2007, 02:01 PM
UCF has the best chance to win.

badger
10/9/2007, 02:04 PM
I'll be cheering for OU the rest of the season. I would love to see a National Title Rematch between the Tigers and the Sooners. Here's to a kicka$$ rest of the season for you guys!
of course you would... because you would have HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE AGAIN :mad::mad::mad:

Have they changed the ticket rules on the nat'l title game yet?

SavageTiger
10/9/2007, 02:10 PM
of course you would... because you would have HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE AGAIN :mad::mad::mad:

Have they changed the ticket rules on the nat'l title game yet?

well so does USC every time they play the rose bowl. As far as the ticketing, i'm not sure.

Octavian
10/9/2007, 02:21 PM
My hope is that...

Arizona St. beats Cal. Cal beats USC. USC beats Arizona St. Oregon loses one more.

LSU loses either @ Kentucky, @ Bama, or in the SEC CG.

BC loses to VT. USF loses somewhere or comes up short in the polls.

OU wins out and looks good doing it.

#1 Ohio State (12-0) vs. #2 Oklahoma (12-1) in the National Championship Game. It'd be a classic matchup.

That's a whole lot of if's...and it all begins with us beating Mizzou.

<crosses fingers>

LittleWingSooner
10/9/2007, 02:34 PM
LSU has to lose more than one game for OU to get in the NC game.

We need Cal to lose twice somehow. We're screwed if both USC and Cal have one loss.

Blues1
10/9/2007, 03:35 PM
IT would Help IF Kansas went undefeated - (13 and 0) - they would Rise high in the polls (in top ten) and then we beat the crap out of them in The Big 12champ game....Of course thats really a LongShot.....But...?? - :)

TopDawg
10/9/2007, 04:43 PM
LSU has to lose more than one game for OU to get in the NC game.

Not necessarily. It depends on how their wins and their loss happen and how we play from here on out.

We need Cal to lose twice somehow. We're screwed if both USC and Cal have one loss.

USC won't jump us just by beating Cal. Actually, it probably depends on how teams like South Carolina, South Florida, BC, WVU and Oregon do between now and then. If USC is able to move within one spot of us by the time they play Cal, then they might jump us. If there are still two or three teams separating us, they probably won't.

josh09
10/9/2007, 04:58 PM
I woke up this morning and realized that I am going to be cheering for ND this weekend and it about made me sick. But now for the rest of the list:

Kentucky over LSU

Oregon St. over Cal

Kent St. over Ohio St.

Nortre Dame over Boston College

UCF over South Florida

Who do you think has the best chance for an upset this weekend?

I am hoping Kentucky but for some reason ND has a chance against Boston College, I have not been that impressed with Boston College thus far.

Kentucky vs. LSU-with this game being at Kentucky, id say they have a chance to pull the upset, but theyre going to have to play theyre best game of the year obviously, and get alot of support from the fans.

Oregon St. vs. Cal-i dont believe that Cal is the #2 team in the country, but i still dont think OSU has a chance against them.

Kent St. vs. Ohio St.-Once again, Ohio St. is DEFINATELY not the #3 team, but they will beat Kent St. They will lose this year though, i have no doubt in my mind.

Notre Dame vs. BC-Gawd, the top 5 suck.....i know we can beat BC, Ohio St, and Cal, but ill just let their schedules do that for them. Oh yea, and the domers dont have an ice cubes chance in this one.

UCF vs. South Florida-Every game South Florida plays in is a possible upset, because theyre just overrated. Yeah, they beat West Virginia and Auburn, but thats WEST VIRGINIA and AUBURN. West Virginia is overrated every year, for some reason, and Auburn just plain sucks this year. Im gonna go with the upset here.

So by next week, counting on a win against Mizzou, we should be about #3 or #4 hopefully. But we cant overlook the Tigers, because last time that happened, well, you know......

:pop:

TAFBSooner
10/9/2007, 09:02 PM
Root for Notre Dame?

Not gonna do it.

Wouldn't be prudent.