PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams is a Thug !!!!!!!!!!!

sooner-n-ga
10/8/2007, 10:22 PM
I'm a cowboy fan, but Roy Williams needs to cut out the "Horse Collar" crap.

He has hurt people (TO) and been fined (2 weeks ago), but he continues to do it. He just did it again against the Bills and I think the NFL should suspend him for 4 games if he does it again.

The whole rule is because of him and by him continuing to do it, he is showing that He doesn't care if he ends someone career.

Soonerus
10/8/2007, 10:26 PM
You came to the wrong page...bud...

Tcassil
10/8/2007, 10:28 PM
So, he's a thug and your an a*s.
It's football quit crying.

hgarmorer
10/8/2007, 10:31 PM
Its only a "horse collar" if the hand goes inside the pads. It's been legal all night. And yes your right, the rule is because of him, but people had been doing for years, he just did it more often.

sooner-n-ga
10/8/2007, 10:34 PM
What he does is no better than tackling by the facemask or chop-blocking. That is football also, should it be allowed ?

Remember I'm a Life long Cowboy fan, why is it crying ?

NorthernIowaSooner
10/8/2007, 10:38 PM
that doesnt make him a thug dumb ***, hes not on the bengals, its football if someones by you and you can make a play however it is make the play. its not a penalty in college or high school but it only is because he broke a good players leg on a tackle that was unintentional to hurt a guy, quit being a ****ing idiot

aero
10/8/2007, 10:49 PM
I've always thought that was about the stupidest (is that a word?) rule to ever be implemented. So some guys got hurt. What? They can't get hurt getting run into? Football players get hurt everyday. Should they outlaw tackling? I guess it'll be flag only before too long. Then we won't need any big beef up front, just a bunch of trindon holliday's.

NorthernIowaSooner
10/8/2007, 10:53 PM
What he does is no better than tackling by the facemask or chop-blocking. That is football also, should it be allowed ?

what are you a trent green fan? lead with your head into someones leg and get your *** rocked and its the linemans fault? you would tackle someone by whatever you can get if it saved points, maybe you should try ladies soccer

LittleWingSooner
10/8/2007, 11:04 PM
He plays the game all out and makes sure to get guys tackled. We could use a few guys like him on D

SOONER STEAKER
10/8/2007, 11:05 PM
A thug is someone like SNOOP DAWG. Roy is far from a thug. He's a intense player who gets the job doen. And, he inflicts as much pain as possible. Keep the horse collars coming Roy!!

SoonerStormchaser
10/8/2007, 11:06 PM
Dude, you had better have an asbestos suit because you are about to get majorly FLAMED! You don't come in here and call out the best defensive player Stoops has ever had and expect to get away with it.

OU-HSV
10/8/2007, 11:08 PM

He has hurt people (TO) and been fined (2 weeks ago), but he continues to do it. He just did it again against the Bills and I think the NFL should suspend him for 4 games if he does it again.

The whole rule is because of him and by him continuing to do it, he is showing that He doesn't care if he ends someone career.
Colt Little Boy Mccoy...is that you??

SoonerEmpire
10/8/2007, 11:10 PM
I've always thought that was about the stupidest (is that a word?) rule to ever be implemented. So some guys got hurt. What? They can't get hurt getting run into? Football players get hurt everyday. Should they outlaw tackling? I guess it'll be flag only before too long. Then we won't need any big beef up front, just a bunch of trindon holliday's.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Doged
10/8/2007, 11:20 PM
Whine about his tackles all you want, but calling TRRW a "thug" is completely unsat. :mad:

tulsaoilerfan
10/8/2007, 11:26 PM

If they made this type of tackle a penalty(horse collar), then why is it legal for a defensive player to launch himself into a QB's legs while he is passing?You see a helluva lot more injuries from that than you ever will from the horse collar

stoopified
10/8/2007, 11:27 PM
I smell longhorn troll.

Big Red Ron
10/8/2007, 11:28 PM
I hate mayo in my cheeseburgers.

tulsaoilerfan
10/8/2007, 11:28 PM
Just so you know, you can talk about Roy's coverage skills, but calling him a thug will have you permanently in the red. :)

CatfishSooner
10/8/2007, 11:31 PM
F'n H!

Curly Bill
10/8/2007, 11:31 PM
Hey, anything to get them down short of grabbing the facemask is the way it should be. Like some of you have pointed out: it is football.

Or...should we make them all wear two pretty flags on their belts and to tackle them you just have to grab one? I fear that is what the NFL might come to someday. OK, that is an exageration, but the way the rules are going...?

Sooner_Havok
10/8/2007, 11:32 PM
I hait teh mayo in ma cheezebergers.

fixed ;)

Collier11
10/8/2007, 11:32 PM
and be factual, that wasnt a horse collar tackle, watch the replays tard!!

sooneron
10/8/2007, 11:33 PM
I smell longhorn troll.
Ooh, that's about as low as you can get.:texan:

insuranceman_22
10/8/2007, 11:37 PM

Get your panzie *** out of here! Go post on the Cowboy's board you fairy.

goingoneight
10/8/2007, 11:39 PM
Methinks this "lifelong cowboy fan" is of the aggy persuasion.

HEY, NO FAIR... HE TACKLED OUR QUARTERBACK BEFORE HE HAD A CHANCE TO THROW THE BALL!!!!!111!!1 [hairGel]

Soonerus
10/8/2007, 11:40 PM
neg the SOB to oblivion...

sooneron
10/8/2007, 11:41 PM
done

SOONERnTx
10/8/2007, 11:41 PM
a thug? have you ever met Roy? How does the way he tackles make him a thug? I'd love to have him horse collar you and then have a free shot and knock you the hell out. Then you wouldn't grip about it anymore, he is doing people a favor by bringing them down lightly from behind!

Soonerus
10/8/2007, 11:42 PM
done

sooneron is your avatar a picture of your son ???

LittleWingSooner
10/8/2007, 11:46 PM
If you mean Thug as in Thu greatest player at OU in the last couple decades then you are correct.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/8/2007, 11:49 PM
Better a thug than a dumbass. :rolleyes:

(Not that I agree he's a thug!!!!)

Crucifax Autumn
10/9/2007, 12:05 AM
Personally, I think if the guys he's collaring were a little faster they wouldn't have to worry about it!

Curly Bill
10/9/2007, 12:06 AM
Personally, I think if the guys he's collaring were a little faster they wouldn't have to worry about it!

heh!

SeattleOUstudent
10/9/2007, 12:11 AM
Seriously...has anyone been outside lately? It feels pretty nice!

jwlynn64
10/9/2007, 12:18 AM

Exactly. You don't want to be horse collar'd, run faster.

On the other hand, if someone grabbed a handful of Marion Barber's hair from behind and tackled him, that would be within the rules.

They shouldn't call it the Roy Williams rule, it should be called the TO rule because if he doesn't get hurt, it would still be fine today.

batonrougesooner
10/9/2007, 12:21 AM
Those big brass balls you have hanging must really hurt your back!

guzziguy
10/9/2007, 12:24 AM

Curious. Were you already loaded with red spec before this or has this been a new experience?

:eek:

sooner-n-ga
10/9/2007, 12:27 AM
Exactly. You don't want to be horse collar'd, run faster.

On the other hand, if someone grabbed a handful of Marion Barber's hair from behind and tackled him, that would be within the rules.
They shouldn't call it the Roy Williams rule, it should be called the TO rule because if he doesn't get hurt, it would still be fine today.

Actually tackling by the hair is a 15 yarder this season and I don't like that rule, if he chooses to wear his hair out the back of his helmet, it is fair game.

My thing about Roy is that he knows it is against the rules but he continues to do it. Why not tackle like every other safety in the NFL ? If he continues to intentionally break rules, it is thuggish !

jwlynn64
10/9/2007, 12:32 AM
I think that every lineman holds. That's against the rules and they continue to do it. D-Backs intentionally pass interfere to stop a touchdown the that's against the rules. Does that make them thuggish?

It seemed like he didn't need to do it today but if he thinks that's the only way he is going to bring the guy down, he is probably going to do it.

I would also guess that he has been doing it for so long, he catches himself doing it before he realizes it.

Still doesn't make him a thug, just not playing very smart.

Leroy Lizard
10/9/2007, 12:33 AM
He is a former Sooner. He can tackle any way he wants.

Now if this was TFRW tackling (after an INT obviously), that would be another matter, but only if he was tackling former Sooners that way.

Let me provide an example to clarify. If TFRW is tackling, say, a former USC player, then I couldn't care less if they threw a flag. But if he was tackling, say, AD, then that is a blatant violation of NFL rules and should garner a 15-yard penalty.

And an ejection.

SoonerEmpire
10/9/2007, 12:34 AM
He is a former Sooner. He can tackle any way he wants.

Now if this was TFRW tackling (after an INT obviously), that would be another matter, but only if he was tackling former Sooners that way.

Let me provide an example to clarify. If TFRW is tackling, say, a former USC player, then I couldn't care less if they threw a flag. But if he was tackling, say, AD, then that is a blatant violation of NFL rules and should garner a 15-yard penalty.

And an ejection.

I like the way you think! ;)

jwlynn64
10/9/2007, 12:35 AM
Actually tackling by the hair is a 15 yarder this season and I don't like that rule, if he chooses to wear his hair out the back of his helmet, it is fair game.

Now that I actually think about it. If tackling by the hair is a penalty, they everyone should grow it long. That would prevent defenses from being able to grab you up high from behind. No way to avoid the hair.

Whoever said that the horse collar rule was the dumbest ever, probably didn't know about the hair rule either. That has definitely got to be the dumbest rule ever.

goingoneight
10/9/2007, 12:41 AM
Yeah... the half dozen childrens charities TRRW is involoved with and every fan who has ever met him really thinks he's a thug. :rolleyes: I suppose that makes Auston English a thug, too for grabbing McCoy and throwing his azz down on 3rd and short, huh?

sooner-n-ga
10/9/2007, 01:12 AM
The difference between holding or pass interference and the horse collar tackle is Roy's move was outlawed because of the possibility of a injury. They do not fine folks for holding, but they do for Horse collaring !

Him being a former sooner doesn't give him the right to break rules and possibly end some one's career. It is dirty if they outlawed it because of you and you still do it !

jwlynn64
10/9/2007, 01:36 AM
Just my opionion but I think that a person is more likely to be injured when he is hit from his blind side, when they catch a ball across middle of the field or when they are fielding a punt. Since these actions are still allowed (or not outlawed using your word), a person that does this is not a thug, by your definition, even though they may be trying to injure the player they are hitting. After all, it is allowed by the league.

But Roy is a thug because he tackles using the horse collar, even though he knows that he the person he is tackling might be injured. Even though there is no malice in his actions but just the desire to tackle the runner.

The distinction in your mind is that one is endorsed by the league (even though it is likely to cause injury) and one is not endorsed by the league (only because a high profile player became injured).

Does that about sum it up?

47straight
10/9/2007, 01:39 AM
I was watching I think John Madden talk about the horse-collar and that Roy does it without thinking, just trying to get the player down as quickly as possible.

Too bad for sooner n ga the replays tonight showed he didn't reach and grab the inside of the shoulder pads.

AzianSooner
10/9/2007, 01:41 AM
as long as he does not horse collar any other sooners, he can do all horse shoe collar s.ht he wants to anyone on the field.

sooner-n-ga
10/9/2007, 01:43 AM
I was watching I think John Madden talk about the horse-collar and that Roy does it without thinking, just trying to get the player down as quickly as possible.

Too bad for sooner n ga the replays tonight showed he didn't reach and grab the inside of the shoulder pads.

A 4 game suspension without pay would make him think about it and I'm pretty sure he'd make the tackle a different way.

SoonerEmpire
10/9/2007, 01:45 AM
Horse-collar penalty = Lame penalty

jwlynn64
10/9/2007, 01:46 AM
Even if 47straight is correct and Roy didn't actually horse collar?:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
10/9/2007, 01:46 AM
I just find it amazing that the NFL, or any football league, would try to do anything the make the players into wussies and take away the aggressiveness of defenses. The toughness of football is one of the many reasons I'd rather watch it than baseball or many other sports.

I say Roy oughtta just start going Superman on 'em and launch himself hard into their chest. For that matter he oughtta just be a typical NFL hero and kill some dogs or murder someone. Would they like that better? Maybe he should just beat on some women or be a typical NFL "team player" and refuse to even put forth effort. Maybe he should stomp on someone's head...

The NFL really ****es me off and has for some time now.

jwlynn64
10/9/2007, 01:56 AM
Remember no hitting the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dvn11c6IXo

Piware
10/9/2007, 02:01 AM
The difference between holding or pass interference and the horse collar tackle is Roy's move was outlawed because of the possibility of a injury. They do not fine folks for holding, but they do for Horse collaring !

Him being a former sooner doesn't give him the right to break rules and possibly end some one's career. It is dirty if they outlawed it because of you and you still do it !

It is not a penalty in college football though. Look at the game film from the last 2 years and see how many times it happened to the Sooners, especially AD.

You should bite your tongue off and swallow it for calling TRRW a thug. Lots of them in the NFL but he's not one of them.

Leroy Lizard
10/9/2007, 02:34 AM
Him being a former sooner doesn't give him the right to break rules and possibly end some one's career.

Do NFL players sit around worrying about YOUR career?

Leroy Lizard
10/9/2007, 02:43 AM
By the way, I checked and not a single player that TRRW horsecollared was a former Sooner, so I fail to see the problem.

kevpks
10/9/2007, 04:27 AM
I think it is awesome that the NFL felt it had to make a new rule because of the carnage being caused by TRRW. It is similar to how they banned the headslap because of Deacon Jones. It is a stupid rule though. Roy will just come up with new ways to destroy ball carriers.

fossil
10/9/2007, 07:31 AM

So, Mr. Sniffles, you are saying you'd suspend someone for four games for a face mask violation or a chop block? Pretty drastic.

Cowboy fan maybe, but I'll bet my next pay check you are NOT a sooner fan!

StoopTroup
10/9/2007, 07:44 AM
Would you be happy if we just invented tear away shoulder pads?

Anyone complaining about the horse collar must be a metroSensual

KRYPTON
10/9/2007, 08:08 AM
Football is a violent sport?! There's a risk of injury involved?!?!?!

OMGWTFLOLBBQ!!!!!

sooneron
10/9/2007, 08:26 AM
sooneron is your avatar a picture of your son ???
Daughter.
she turned 6 months today.:)

CitySooner
10/9/2007, 08:26 AM
WRONG SITE CHRISSY SISSY SIMMS. BEAT IT WANKER!

misplaced_sooner
10/9/2007, 08:28 AM
Roy? Thug? No!

I love what Parcells said about RW, "He's a biscuit away from a linebacker". That is a great line!

Andrew

aero
10/9/2007, 08:31 AM
[hairGel] HORSE COLLAR ME! I'M A MAN.

Jewstin
10/9/2007, 09:02 AM
I have no problem with horse collaring...

It was about the only way I could tackle anyone when I used to play.

... Yeah, I wasn't very good, but I was a cornerback, so tackling wasn't my forte. ;)

soonernation
10/9/2007, 09:09 AM

He's gonna need to post more in for me to neg his dumb *** anymore.

TexasSooner01
10/9/2007, 09:29 AM
TRRW is alot like Chuck Norris...whatever he wants, he gets!

Calling TRRW a thug is like telling a 5 year old that santa is not real...Dude you just dont do that!!!

The Fake RW is the thug!!! Get it right!!! Geesh!!!

MamaMia
10/9/2007, 11:01 AM
That was just a little love pat. ;)

OUmillenium
10/9/2007, 11:12 AM
Roy is the man and the rule is stupid. I am so glad and proud he is still doing it. I wish Soonernga was getting horse collared right now.

Curly Bill
10/9/2007, 11:16 AM

Getting injured in football...possibly having a career ending injury...now that is unheard of, and we simply can't have it! Ban Roy William's for life!;)

OUmillenium
10/9/2007, 11:18 AM
...and a severe beating on a daily basis until any sustained injury by the tacklee has healed, unless said tacklee is from USuC, and this only applies to any former wronghorns who tackle in the horse collar fashion. Conversely all wronghorns should be horse collered, tar-and-feathered, and forced to walk the plank at any possible opportunity.

LittleWingSooner
10/9/2007, 11:18 AM
Just because you grab the back of a jersey doesn't mean that is a horse collar. A horse collar is grabbing the pads inside of the jersey. I understand not allowing that because you can probably choke a guy if you pull the pads right. Last night Roy didn't horse collar.

Collier11
10/9/2007, 11:24 AM
A 4 game suspension without pay would make him think about it and I'm pretty sure he'd make the tackle a different way.

If you are going to come on here bashing the way people play and calling them thugs, atleast know the rules. He did not grab his "horse collar" and that is why it wasnt called. It was not a penalty, he grabbed the back of his jersey. Go watch a highlight and quit being a jackazz

Dio
10/9/2007, 11:47 AM
Before anybody gripes, I signed my neg-spek.

OUfan7
10/9/2007, 11:57 AM
It is TACKLE football!!!

sooner-n-ga
10/9/2007, 12:50 PM
So, Mr. Sniffles, you are saying you'd suspend someone for four games for a face mask violation or a chop block? Pretty drastic.

You just lost a pay check. I'm flying in Friday from Georgia for the Missouri game, a non OU fan wouldn't have spent $940 for airline tickets, $300 for game tickets ($67 face value ea.), $200 for the hotel room and $80 for a rental car. I just spent over $1500 to watch OU play in person for the first time and I'm glad you were willing to make the bet.

where do I pick up the check ?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/9/2007, 01:11 PM
I have never neg'd a single soul..but this is bad..

Which has taken out more players..TRRW tackle or the Denver Broncos OLine blocking style?

sooner-n-ga
10/9/2007, 01:16 PM
I have never neg'd a single soul..but this is bad..

Which has taken out more players..TRRW tackle or the Denver Broncos OLine blocking style?

I don't agree with the Denver Bronco's or the Atlanta Falcon's blocking style, they are both dirty in my opinion, but they are also still within the rules and the horse collar isn't.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/9/2007, 01:20 PM
Did Roy injure those players before the tackle was banned or afterwards?

josh09
10/9/2007, 01:22 PM
Hes not a thug.

A thug is someone who graduated from the University of Miami, duh :D

Seamus
10/9/2007, 01:28 PM

At the greenspek checkout counter. Have a little more http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

frankensooner
10/9/2007, 01:28 PM
Do you drive a $43,000.00 Yukon too?

ucosooner
10/9/2007, 01:29 PM
Ok, you're just not getting it. He made the tackles in question legally. He was in the rules and boundries.
And FYOI, I paid ZERO dollars for my first OU game.
Dang, it feels good to be a gangsta.

Dallas
10/9/2007, 01:59 PM

My thing about Roy is that he knows it is against the rules but he continues to do it. Why not tackle like every other safety in the NFL ? If he continues to intentionally break rules, it is thuggish !

Hey lazy ARSE!! Do us all a favor here. Go research the RULE a few times and then re-watch the play.

He did not horsecaller Lynch. That's why it was NOT called by the refs.

The rule clearly states if one is engaged in the front with one hand grasping (like RW was) and in the back w/ the other hand pulling down. Then the play cannot be called a horsecollar.

Hence - WHY THE #@$%$QR REFS did NOT CALL IT !!

IDIOT !!! You freakin uneducated NFL fan. Don't post this crap here. Come on over to Cowboyszone.com. We will personally bury you over there. Pretty much like they did here in this thread. :texan:

Flame this guy off the board please?

StoopTroup
10/9/2007, 02:02 PM
You've done it now....lol

stoops the eternal pimp
10/9/2007, 02:04 PM
LEAVE HIM ALONE! HE S GOING THRU A HARD TIME!

JLB
10/9/2007, 02:20 PM

Buddy this post is a monumental ****-UP.TRRW,or superman is what I like to call him, is a god around here.
The man ****s gold nuggets to every loyal Sooner fan across the country.
And as far as im concerned he can just horse collar away.
So **** off and good luck on any future posts here at Soonerfans.:pop:

soonernation
10/9/2007, 02:45 PM
You just lost a pay check. I'm flying in Friday from Georgia for the Missouri game, a non OU fan wouldn't have spent $940 for airline tickets, $300 for game tickets ($67 face value ea.), $200 for the hotel room and $80 for a rental car. I just spent over $1500 to watch OU play in person for the first time and I'm glad you were willing to make the bet.

By looking at most of your post I can see where you're a true Sooner.

Don't you mean "lose on jan. 1st or later ??" I know it is nice to have a BCS bowl bid, But coach Stoops gets out coached everytime our sooners play in one ! Come on guys, Boise State ??

No I'm not, but I do think if you are the highest paid coach in college football you should win the big game every now and then. Boise State pays their coach $400,000 and he has won a BCS game, Stoops has failed to do that in the last 5 years. We are getting Kia coaching at a BMW price ![/quote]

[quote]
Of those 15 returning starters Boise State had, how many were recruited by Oklahoma ? Not one and none of the other Boise players either, but they found a way to beat our sooners because their coach out coached ours just as Pete Carroll and Nick Saban did. We beat FSU (which is 30 miles form me) only because they out ugly'd us, the noles lost the game more than our sooners won it and it wasn't due to our great coaching.

I think for 3.4 million, we should be getting a better product on saturdays.
Boise got 13-0 for $400,000 and a bunch of kids not recruited by any of the preseason top 15.

Our sooners didn't win the big 12 champioship
as much as the Horns lost it !

Sorry to say it, but Texas is the better team right now. Stoops gets out-coached in all the big games !

Reggie is trying to lose the second game in a row. He isn't as good as he gets credit for.

We have to score everytime we get the ball from now on, out D sux's

You make your own luck good or bad and our coaches from Bob down get out coached in big games.

Reggie strikes again, he does more bad than good.

Someone beside's Reggie Smith playing.

He gets beat in coverage and he also does stupid things on punt returns which puts the defense in bad positions (see Colorado). His backwards return saturday was almost as bad, but the offense bailed him out.

Go away troll.

DrZaius
10/9/2007, 02:47 PM
Will Spek count backwards enough for this guy.....Or will his negspek blow up the entire server!

C&CDean
10/9/2007, 03:22 PM
Look at little Nickybruce getting y'all fired up.

Our "supa-fan" is coming to his first OU game this Saturday. Of course he already knows how bad of a coach Stoops is, how much our defense sucks, how much Reggie sucks, how much better texas is, etc. I'm just wondering what kind of a dunderhead would pay $1500 to see such a ****ty product. A pretty big one I'm thinking.

C&CDean
10/9/2007, 03:24 PM
Oh yeah, one other thing. If Roy Williams is a thug, then I'm a sophisticated aristocrat.

IB4OU2
10/9/2007, 03:34 PM
Oh yeah, one other thing. If Roy Williams is a thug, then I'm a sophisticated aristocrat.

Nice comparison Sir C&C...:D

Btw, where is ga?

Collier11
10/9/2007, 03:41 PM

where do I pick up the check ?[/QUOTE]

I will tell you what, you keep all that money and give the tix to a 87yr old couple that wont stand up once during the game and will bitch about me standing up, I dont need your presence making me stupider!!!

Animal Mother
10/9/2007, 03:50 PM
I’d be surprised if this hasn’t been said in this thread but when did Nick Zepp move to Georgia?

TXBOOMER
10/9/2007, 04:30 PM
That horse collar rule is for f a - g o t s. Don't get caught running straight up and you won't get hurt. That rule sickens me.

LittleWingSooner
10/9/2007, 05:17 PM
I’d be surprised if this hasn’t been said in this thread but when did Nick Zepp move to Georgia?

He didn't. I find this guy as insane as you all do.

StoopTroup
10/9/2007, 05:19 PM
He should.

tator
10/9/2007, 05:37 PM
This thread is hilarious....what an *** clown

Stitch Face
10/9/2007, 07:30 PM
Why not tackle like every other safety in the NFL ?

Uh...cuz his way works better?

Quick! Someone tie some gasoline-soaked rags around sooner-n-ga's ankles so ants don't crawl up and eat his candya$s.

OUinFLA
10/9/2007, 07:45 PM
Would you be happy if we just invented tear away shoulder pads?

Anyone complaining about the horse collar must be a metroSensual

Is that really a word?

I am soooo behind the times. :rolleyes:

Lott's Bandana
10/9/2007, 08:04 PM
It is daam hard to type while laughing so hard the tears obscure the screen...

I'm going to be serious for a minute.

This ga dude is coming to his FIRST game played inside the brick walls...my prediction is:

all those "everyonegetsatrophycausewedon'tkeepscorecausewedon 'twantourchildrengettingtheirfeelingshurt" posts coming from ga will stop once he sees, LIVE AND IN PERSON, the giant flags going up the poles, hears the Pride "point" Boomer Sooner at him, feels the hit in his bones when "I'm a man, I'm #40" (love that tagline) Lofton crunches a Tigger RB and witnesses how incredibly Mecca-like the experience is...just as I did when I was a 6 year-old boy on a wood bench in the north end zone, mesmerized by #36 rumbling his way to a Heisman Trophy.

Ok, seriousness over...come back next week ga and tell us how you grabbed a Misery fan by the -foot-BALLS!

Out.

bluedogok
10/9/2007, 10:07 PM
He did not horsecaller Lynch. That's why it was NOT called by the refs.
Yep, the only ones who called it a horsecollar were the idiots in the TV booth, they called a 5-yard facemask penalty on the play when Lynch got a hold of Roy's facemask as well.

I thought the long hair pulling someone down was only a penalty in college, not in the NFL.

sooner rick
10/9/2007, 10:15 PM

Hey I didn't know Christie Simms posted on here!

85sooners
10/9/2007, 10:31 PM
get em roy!!!!!!!!!!

A Sooner in Texas
10/9/2007, 10:37 PM

I'm smellin' some new ideas for GAMEDAY signs. :D

birddog
10/9/2007, 10:44 PM
i go away for a couple of days, come back and the place is in shambles.

goingoneight
10/9/2007, 10:44 PM
I've already cleared this up. He's of the orange aggy persuasion, hence the "cowboy fan" effort. :D

Can this thread die, now? It's damn blasphemous!!!111!

Animal Mother
10/19/2007, 03:35 PM
He didn't. I find this guy as insane as you all do.

10-4 Eleanor

badger
10/19/2007, 03:38 PM
$300 for game tickets ($67 face value ea.)
awww, you just proved you're not a sooner fan! all sooner fans know that scalpers are NOT sooner fans and that $300 is a severe RIPOFF, regardless of what game it was this season! the only ones that buy from scalpers for $300 are those that haven't attended sooner games before, or don't have a fellow sooner fan to hit them in the back of the head before they waste their money on tickets they could have gotten for $100 or less!

aggie :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

soonerhubs
10/19/2007, 03:45 PM
awww, you just proved you're not a sooner fan! all sooner fans know that scalpers are NOT sooner fans and that $300 is a severe RIPOFF, regardless of what game it was this season! the only ones that buy from scalpers for $300 are those that haven't attended sooner games before, or don't have a fellow sooner fan to hit them in the back of the head before they waste their money on tickets they could have gotten for $100 or less!

Badger's correct in her assessment. Just sayin...:pop:

Tulsa_Fireman
10/19/2007, 04:06 PM
Roy Williams is a Thug !!!!!!!!!!!

You're a big gay homowner.

soonerloyal
10/19/2007, 04:51 PM

Oh, I see. So ANYONE who gets their tickets from a scalper, INCLUDING ****-poor paid Marines - one of whom has spent his entire time serving his country since the damn day after his HS graduation - isn't a TRUE fan?

Well, thanks for the gross overgeneralization there, pal. Granted, my boys haven't paid 300 bucks for a ticket, but since when did willingness to pay $$$ and determination to have a seat at the game (rather than being in a combat zone, hoping against hope not to be on duty/in the thick of **** instead of seeing the rare game) mean they are not true fans?

I'll let you explain yourself to a die-hard Devil Dog broke but fanatical Sooner fan. Better yet, I'll let you help 'em get a ticket for a more decent price, next time.

soonerx
10/19/2007, 04:56 PM
Oh, I see. So ANYONE who gets their tickets from a scalper, INCLUDING ****-poor paid Marines - one of whom has spent his entire time serving his country since the damn day after his HS graduation - isn't a TRUE fan?

Well, thanks for the gross overgeneralization there, pal. Granted, my boys haven't paid 300 bucks for a ticket, but since when did willingness to pay $$$ and determination to have a seat at the game (rather than being in a combat zone, hoping against hope not to be on duty/in the thick of **** instead of seeing the rare game) mean they are not true fans?

I'll let you explain yourself to a die-hard Devil Dog broke but fanatical Sooner fan. Better yet, I'll let you help 'em get a ticket for a more decent price, next time.

:pop:

goingoneight
10/19/2007, 05:54 PM
Lock... thread... NOW DAMMIT. :mad:

Tulsa_Fireman
10/19/2007, 08:18 PM
Bump!

HEY-OHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/onion_imagearticle1358.jpg

sooner-n-ga
10/19/2007, 10:17 PM
on the pay check someone put up against me being a sooner fan !!!

I know it is only one weeks pay and is probably only for $200, but I spent a lot on sooner gear while I was out and I could use it. Don't make the bet if you don't expect to pay up !

StoopTroup
10/19/2007, 10:23 PM
Definitely an aggie.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/19/2007, 10:24 PM
Definitely an aggie.

At least a sheep humper, if not a card carrying one.

Stitch Face
10/19/2007, 10:31 PM

Marines must have to be in pretty good shape to carry chips this big on their shoulders.

Collier11
10/19/2007, 11:01 PM
on the pay check someone put up against me being a sooner fan !!!

I know it is only one weeks pay and is probably only for $200, but I spent a lot on sooner gear while I was out and I could use it. Don't make the bet if you don't expect to pay up !

The only thing you have proved is that you are a raging tool who doesnt understand the rules of football and doesnt understand what it means to be a SOONER!!!

Crucifax Autumn
10/20/2007, 01:25 AM
That's obvious...

But why does this Night of the living thread keep hitting the front page?

Other than jackasses like me replying I mean.

Collier11
10/20/2007, 07:02 PM
That's obvious...

But why does this Night of the living thread keep hitting the front page?

Other than jackasses like me replying I mean.

Damn you.....and me! :D

EstablishedSooner1967
10/20/2007, 07:14 PM
I say get a guy down by any means... Who cares if TO got hurt it NFL football..... not flag football. Roy Williams is no thug.... but he does lack pass coverage! And by the way your an idiot!

PLaw
10/20/2007, 10:25 PM

The game evolves and that certainly doesn't make Roy my boy a thug. From what I've observed since about 1999, Roy has carried himself with class and dignity. He is a good man.

The fact is that there used to be head slaps and chop blocks that are no more. Roy had a freakish ability to grab a runner by the shoulder pad and tackle him. There wasn't anything malicious about it, only a way he could get the runner down from behind. Certainly, he wasn't the first to do it but got his name on the NFL rule because a player got hurt.

In short, lay off the REAL ROY WILLIAMS on this board.

BOOMER
PLaw

tulsaoilerfan
10/20/2007, 10:51 PM
This thread needs to be closed

soonernation
10/20/2007, 10:55 PM
This thread needs to be closed

I vote for deleted.

toneful
10/20/2007, 11:18 PM
by definition, he's no thug, but for all his great sooner exploits he does make some questionable plays when tackling. That, and he comes across as a pompous azz in interviews. He's VERY defensive and an ego maniac. Irregardless, i'm glad he's a Sooner.

MamaMia
10/20/2007, 11:24 PM
Tomorrow, Roy meets up with AD, or vise versa. :pop:

David Earl
10/20/2007, 11:48 PM
I am sick and tired of seeing this stupid thread title. I am locking it down like a 10 pound chunk of cheese.