PDA

View Full Version : El Presidente loves the Messicans

Jerk
10/8/2007, 08:58 PM
This just pi**es me off (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/judicial/2007-10-07-texasexecution_N.htm)

If was one of those girls' daddy, I'd be on a killing spree.

SoonerBorn68
10/8/2007, 09:03 PM
This is Texas' business not the federal government's. :mad:

jeremy885
10/8/2007, 10:01 PM
Technically, if it's related to an international treaty, the Feds can intervene. However, what would consulting the mexican consulate do for this guy during his trial? Would they have spent money to provide this *** wipe with a better defense?

olevetonahill
10/8/2007, 10:11 PM
Oh hell why not ?
Best I can unnerstan the beaner was an illegal . that had lived in US fer most of his Life . ?
Now Cause said beaner didnt get notified that the Messican thingy could talk to him or sompun . Hes suppossed to get a pass ?
The dude lived as a US citisen fer most of his life .
I think it Aint . f it . :mad:

SoonerGirl06
10/8/2007, 10:26 PM
This is going to set a huge precident on what happens with all the illegals that come over here and commit crimes.

We're not going to be able to prosecute them because the Mexican conulate will interject and cause delay after delay. Basically if they allow the Mexican consulate to interfere with our judicial system, it will be like handing them the key to our prisons and setting all the illegals who commit heinous crimes free.

jeremy885
10/8/2007, 10:29 PM
We'll be able to prosecute them. Executing them, however, will be another matter.

Petro-Sooner
10/8/2007, 10:33 PM
But....but we need them here people. Keep that in mind. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Plus what do you think would happen if we offended them. PLEASE think of the ramifications.

SoonerGirl06
10/8/2007, 10:34 PM
Maybe now we'll be able to prosecute them, but eventually it will get to a point where we won't even be able to do that. At least that's my opinion.

jeremy885
10/8/2007, 10:44 PM
Mexico doesn't have enough money for us to stop prosecuting their law breakers. The only thing they will probably get involved in would be death penalty cases and as long as we let their illegals talk to their consulate, they can't do a damn thing about the outcome of the trial.

SoonerGirl06
10/8/2007, 10:49 PM
I'm not so sure about that. With all the wrangling US politicians do, there's no telling what they'll negotiate with the Mexican government all in the name of the "vote".

Look what's going on with the immigration laws now. We're not enforcing them because of the same reason I just mentioned.

It's not what's in the best interest of America and it's citizens. It's what's in the interest of the politician and their political gain.

olevetonahill
10/8/2007, 11:05 PM
I have a seemple answer .
Convict em , tell a bunch of Rednecks they are gonna be dumped 5 miles North of the Boarder and Its Open season .
If they make it to the south side they Home free . Unless they try to sneak back across .
Just sayin

SanJoaquinSooner
10/9/2007, 05:43 PM
I have no sympathy for the guy since he's convicted of murder.

However, the authorities F-ed up badly by not following treaty requirements.

The U.S. wants its overseas citizens to have access to our embassies when imprisoned, to make sure of fair treatment and representation. Can't have it both ways.

SicEmBaylor
10/9/2007, 06:02 PM
I have no sympathy for the guy since he's convicted of murder.

However, the authorities F-ed up badly by not following treaty requirements.

The U.S. wants its overseas citizens to have access to our embassies when imprisoned, to make sure of fair treatment and representation. Can't have it both ways.
Do better next time and fry this SOB.

VeeJay
10/9/2007, 06:28 PM
This time, though, the U.S. agreed to abide by the international court's decision because ignoring it would harm American interests abroad, the government said.

Whut??

So, Saddam making a threat on Daddy Bush's life is worth the Iraq debacle and half a trillion dollars, but we can't fry a brutal murderer?

Yeah, Mr. President - that makes a lot of sense. Glad to know we don't want Mexico mad at us.

Okla-homey
10/9/2007, 06:57 PM
When I studied this treaty in an International law course, I wondered then, why can't we just add a line to the Miranda card which says: "If you are not an American citizen, you have the right to contact your consulate. If you desire to contact your consulate we will aid you in doing so."

I know if I was a sheriff or chief of po-po I'd make it standard procedure for my officers/deputies say those words on every custodial arrest. Thing is, you can't ask them if they are a citizen cuz the ACLU would be in your knickers, so just say those words to every perp you take to the hoosegow.

If the guy doesn't habla Anglais, have it handy printed up in espanol and make him read it. If he speaks something else, find out what and don't question him until you Babelfish those words into his lingo. If he's illiterate, don't question him until it's read to him in his lingo. If he's deaf...aw hell.:rolleyes:

And whoever said this guy may avoid the needle over this is prolly right. Looks like the Supremes are gonna hear the case this week.

Finally, if the matter involves a treaty to which the US is a signatory and the Senate ratified it, it's US law. Period. Bottomline is if we want to ensure our folks get to contact the US embassy on arrest while in Lordknowswhereistan, we gotta nut up on this guy. Sad but true.

Okla-homey
10/9/2007, 06:58 PM
Mexico doesn't have enough money for us to stop prosecuting their law breakers. The only thing they will probably get involved in would be death penalty cases and as long as we let their illegals talk to their consulate, they can't do a damn thing about the outcome of the trial.

zackly.

sooner n houston
10/9/2007, 07:08 PM
Folks down here are really ****ed about this whole thing. That article didn't begin to go into all the stuff that those gang bangers did to those poor girls! It was beyond belief, sickening. May they all rot in hell!

Okla-homey
10/9/2007, 07:22 PM
Folks down here are really ****ed about this whole thing. That article didn't begin to go into all the stuff that those gang bangers did to those poor girls! It was beyond belief, sickening. May they all rot in hell!

Personally, I think LWOP is worse than the needle anyway. Once hope disappears...well, that's the definition of Hell. Therefore, if its about punishing monsters, lock 'em up and throw away the key. Frankly, the bastage who blew up the Murrah Bldg. asked for his sentence to be carried out for precisely that reason. Therefore, giving that bastage death was a break. I wish he was still rotting in his Supermax cell counting ceiling tiles to pass the time for the next 50 years or so.

Frozen Sooner
10/9/2007, 07:38 PM
So, Saddam making a threat on Daddy Bush's life is worth the Iraq debacle and half a trillion dollars, but we can't fry a brutal murderer?

You know what's interesting?

I happen to think that an attempt on a former president's life WAS worth going to war over, even if no other justification was present. The attempted assassination of a former president is an act of war, plain and simple.

On the other hand, yeah, if we didn't allow a Mexican national the opportunity to talk to his consulate-particularly in a capital case-then we screwed up pretty badly.

Jerk
10/9/2007, 08:02 PM
On the other hand, yeah, if we didn't allow a Mexican national the opportunity to talk to his consulate-particularly in a capital case-then we screwed up pretty badly.

We didn't disallow it. The defendant just never asked for it. :texan:

Petro-Sooner
10/9/2007, 08:05 PM
I'm a big time death sentence guy. Let them fry for their crime. However, I'm starting to lean the other way. Not for the humanitarian reasons.

I say that cause the OU geology capstone course is five weeks out in the field in Canon City, CO. Quite a few prisons there, that we drove by everyday. I am told that the uni-bomber, plus zacarious Mousawy, sp? as well as other well known killers are held. It got me to thinking. The isolation they have to deal with every freakin day has to be worse than death. I was there over the summer of 06'. I can NOT possibly imagine living that way til I die of old age, let alone for a year and a half later. Their hour long "free" time is in a very small area with no view, then its back to the cell. If its not hard manual labor in Siberia with only the very minimum to stay alive, then I say make their time in prison mind killing. Yes there is the reason of cost but I won't go into it.