PDA

View Full Version : Losing makes Gundy wanna puke! (and cry)

badger
10/8/2007, 08:41 PM
The link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=071008_2__Oklah47740)

Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy met with reporters during Monday's press conference in Stillwater. Excerpts from Gundy's comments:

On losing 24-23 at Texas A&M after leading 17-0 at halftime and 20-10 entering the fourth period: "I felt a lot better -- once I got finished puking and crying and all that stuff -- than I did when I came home from Troy. I felt a lot better about our football team. I felt better about the way our defense is playing."

More on the A&M loss: "We made mistakes that contributed to them coming back. The truth is, if Dantrell (Savage) doesn't put the ball on the ground and we don't have a (busted play) on the six-inch line, we're probably not talking about (a loss) today. There were some things that came out of that game that were positive. We played the best game that we've had this year defensively. Offensively, up until we had those (second-half) errors, we played pretty good."

On Cowboy freshman tailback Kendall Hunter, who ranks third in the Big 12 in rushing at 88.2 yards per game: "I wouldn't trade him. He's a good player. Any true freshman who competes at a substantial or high level in (the Big 12), it surprises me. He loves to play football. He's durable and tough."

On this week's
challenge of playing defense against Nebraska QB Sam Keller, who has passed for 1,720 yards and completes 64 percent of his passes: "He can move around. I don't think he's going to take off like Michael Vick, but he can move around and make some plays."

Stitch Face
10/8/2007, 08:51 PM
The poke's coach sure pukes a lot.

OUHOMER
10/8/2007, 08:53 PM
Going into the half, they talked to gundy his comments were, and i quote " A&M will go in and make adjustments, We just got to keep doing what were doing".

I dont care how good you are or how far ahead you are, Dont you have to look at things and adjust?
I thought to myself when he said that. Well self , they are going to blow it again

Soonerus
10/8/2007, 09:02 PM
He is anorexic...

tommieharris91
10/8/2007, 09:11 PM
He is anorexic...

Yea, he sure is looking thin. I think he might be a little on the metro side.

BTW, the word you are looking for is bulimic.

tulsaoilerfan
10/8/2007, 09:11 PM
As much as they lose he should be down to 100 pounds if that was really true. :)

badger
10/8/2007, 09:16 PM
they are just giving me more material for this friday's version of Boone State, it seems :D

Mark_of_Tulsa
10/8/2007, 09:30 PM
I heard the other day that Gundy is 40 now.

SoonerBOI
10/8/2007, 09:32 PM
I am a man! I'm 40 and need help with my coaching.:D

wishbonesooner
10/8/2007, 10:29 PM
Gundy was roundly criticized for kicking a field goal late instead of going for a 4th down from the aTm 9 yd line. This genius said they didn't have a short yardage play in their gameplan. WTF?

hgarmorer
10/8/2007, 10:38 PM
Well yeah, when you when you have the "Worlds Greatest Offense" you don't expect to use short yardage plays. You score on every drive...on the first play. It's perfect aggie logic.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/8/2007, 11:11 PM

Well, to be fair, being the pokes' coach would make anyone puke.

stoopified
10/8/2007, 11:31 PM
If you wore neon ORANGE wouldn't you puke all the time too?

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/8/2007, 11:35 PM
Jinx. More or less.

Redgiant2
10/9/2007, 03:29 AM
Could he actually be trying to mimic Urban on this one? Could he possibly be that damn dumb? Perhaps he thinks if he can say everything the good coaches say he will actually become one.