PDA

View Full Version : The not so friendly skies

1stTimeCaller
10/8/2007, 03:59 PM
Guess who has decided to persue a private pilot license?

I'm going to need a military type helmet, a silk scarf and a bomber jacket.

This is going to be awesome.

Is anyone on here other than Kabookie a pilot? Any advice? I have about 3 hours logged but they were about 11 years ago.

Turd_Ferguson
10/8/2007, 04:03 PM
Any advice?
Keep up thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smack thee. YWIA

frankensooner
10/8/2007, 04:04 PM
Ah, another Waldo Pepper! My dad was a pilot for years. He loved it. He got too old and started having spells, so he had to quit. He offered to pay for my ground/flight stuff, but I was never interested.

Good luck with it. It is a pretty expensive hobby.

Mongo
10/8/2007, 04:05 PM
technically, the mile high club requires a partner. So romancing yourself up there doesnt count

IB4OU2
10/8/2007, 04:13 PM
Daddy, Why's the rain yellow?

Petro-Sooner
10/8/2007, 04:15 PM
Yah control!!

Mongo
10/8/2007, 04:18 PM
you should trade your boat in and use the $$$ on a down payment for one of those new f-22's. i heard those are sweet

Petro-Sooner
10/8/2007, 04:21 PM
The ones with the missiles and CD player.

Mongo
10/8/2007, 04:22 PM
The ones with the missiles and CD player.

dude, it got new technology, I bet they have a docking station for his iPod

Hamhock
10/8/2007, 04:23 PM
you're doing this for chicks, aren't you?

my guess would be that killing girls in a fiery crash doesn't get you laid.

Petro-Sooner
10/8/2007, 04:25 PM
Oh yeah. Of course ITC you will need aviatar glasses. Code name, Red Baron.

KABOOKIE
10/8/2007, 04:27 PM
Awesome! You’ll have lots of fun. My only advice is to prospective students is have the all the money it takes to complete the license available before you start. If you think a pilot’s license is expensive to get, try getting finishing one after you’ve stopped for 3-4 months to collect money. Students who have all the financing in place before the 1st lesson are more likely to finish a lot sooner and for a lot les $$$$ than those who don’t.

Are you getting your license via Part 61 or a Part 141 certified training school? Either way, I would highly recommend the King Training Syllabus.

olevetonahill
10/8/2007, 05:01 PM
You go Girl , Being PIC is the awesome . Its the most fun you can have with yer cloths on .
Like Kabookie said tho Get it together befor .
Take a few flights and Make sure you can get along with ur instructor .
I started In 1980 Got in 7 hrs with a dickhead instructor . Got ****ed , lost interest.
About 6 mnths later A friend hooked me up with a :cool: instructor . less than a Month I had my ticket . I did 33 hrs in a month .
Bought My Plane on a weds. Took my checkride that Fri. . Next Monday I was on my way to Idaho .:D
Good luck bro

JohnnyMack
10/8/2007, 05:07 PM
This isn't going to go well.

JohnnyMack
10/8/2007, 05:08 PM
you should trade your boat in and use the $$$ on a down payment for one of those new f-22's. i heard those are sweet

****in' A they are. Shoot just last we you and I took ours to North Korea and bombed the **** out of that dam and that nuclear research facility. Although I must say you suck at shooting stuff. Your aim needs work.

Mongo
10/8/2007, 05:16 PM
****in' A they are. Shoot just last we you and I took ours to North Korea and bombed the **** out of that dam and that nuclear research facility. Although I must say you suck at shooting stuff. Your aim needs work.

dude, when I pressed "fire", I also accidentally hit the recline button on the seat too. it threw me off.

Remember the look on Kim jong il's face. He was totally like "WTF. There are F-22 Raptors flying around. OMGWTF!!!1"

NormanPride
10/8/2007, 05:21 PM
1TC, you can't look down girls' shirts from 30k feet.

Well, you can... it's just really unimpressive.

1stTimeCaller
10/8/2007, 05:48 PM
220, 221, whatever it takes. I think it's Part 61, just me and an instructor at the local airport. Not an actual flight school.

It will probably take me a long time to get my 40+ in due to my work schedule.

1stTimeCaller
10/8/2007, 05:51 PM
and whoever said something about doing this for the chicks, did you ever see John F. Kennedy Jr.'s wife? It worked out for him and he didn't end up in a fireball...

StoopTroup
10/8/2007, 05:52 PM
Drones will be the way of the future.

Seems like your wasting a lot of time and money. ;)

JohnnyMack
10/8/2007, 06:21 PM
he didn't end up in a fireball...

I'm not a neurosurgeon, but I blame the ocean for that.

olevetonahill
10/8/2007, 06:29 PM
and whoever said something about doing this for the chicks, did you ever see John F. Kennedy Jr.'s wife? It worked out for him and he didn't end up in a fireball...
His last words to his Momma in law was "Please feed the bird , we will take care of the Fish " :O

Okla-homey
10/8/2007, 06:33 PM
My advice: Take two weeks off (ideally paid vacation). Book a lesson every other day for two weeks and study on the off days. You'll make a lot of progress that way. You'll also find out if you're cut out for it.

Avoid a lesson, a couple weeks break, then another lesson. It's wasteful and takes longer that way because you don't assimilate the lesson as well since like everything else, practice, practice, practice while learning a new skill is incredibly important.

Okla-homey
10/8/2007, 06:34 PM
220, 221, whatever it takes. I think it's Part 61, just me and an instructor at the local airport. Not an actual flight school.

It will probably take me a long time to get my 40+ in due to my work schedule.

Ardmore Airpark or out at Gene Autry where them terrorists learned to fly while ignoring the take-off and landing part?

jawilso
10/8/2007, 06:36 PM
Push forward - trees get bigger. Pull back - trees get smaller, until they start getting bigger again. Good luck!

Turd_Ferguson
10/8/2007, 06:45 PM
Hey Homey, were you a pilot?

Okla-homey
10/8/2007, 06:46 PM
Four most useless things imaginable:

1) runway behind you.

2) altitude above you.

3) charts you left in the car.

4) trapped fuel.

Turd_Ferguson
10/8/2007, 06:48 PM
It worked out for him and he didn't end up in a fireball... Yeah, he was dead before he went under water.:eek:

1stTimeCaller
10/8/2007, 07:06 PM
Downtown Airpark or a guy out of Chickasha.

I was thinking of doing the vacation deal. Now that you recommend it I'll probably do it that way.

olevetonahill
10/8/2007, 07:11 PM
In to go
Out to whoa !

Okla-homey
10/8/2007, 07:39 PM
Downtown Airpark or a guy out of Chickasha.

I was thinking of doing the vacation deal. Now that you recommend it I'll probably do it that way.

I tell you what bro, after that fifth lesson or so when he gets out after that full stop and he tells you to take it up yourself, you'll be sh1ttin' pickles...but there is nothing more fun you can do with your pants on.

Oh yeah, be sure you pee before you take off.;)