PDA

View Full Version : LMAO, sitting here reading about ND and UCLA

aurorasooner
10/8/2007, 01:10 PM
Really didn't pay any attention over the weekend and couldn't figure how UCLA coughed one up at home to the Irish (since we got Purdue/Ohio State on the ABC feed. So I'm reading this article out of one of the major rags up there, and the whole article was Charlie talking this and that, blah, blah, blah, "I don't know if we've ever had a bigger week of practice" blah, blah, blah, "Tuesdays practice was the most physical ever" blah, blah, blah.......one player says "everybody's buying in to what Charlie's saying" blah, blah, blah. I'm thinking, wow, they really went out and beat the ever lovin' s*&t out of UCLA in LA. Then down at the bottom they mention Ben Olsen (UCLA QB) went out with a knee injury in the 1st quarter. Then the BU UCLA QB was injured, and UCLA played a 3rd team QB who is a walk on, and never thrown a pass, and UCLA had 7 turnovers....and Notre Dame only scored 20 points with 7 freakin' TOs. Yeah. Great win, Charlie.

SoonerEmpire
10/8/2007, 01:13 PM
But then again, what a sad day it must have been for the city of Los Angeles. I wonder if they've decided yet what the bigger upset was. Stanford? or Notre Dame? LOL!

It does suck though. I was hoping ND wouldn't win a game all year...

sooner518
10/8/2007, 01:14 PM
Their TD scoring drive was 3 plays for 2 yards. Their other TD was a fumble return.

Their FG drives were 4 plays for -1 yard. and 13 plays for 29 yards.

They are scary good!

yermom
10/8/2007, 01:14 PM
they were very physical when they practiced taking out the QB ;)

OUDoc
10/8/2007, 01:17 PM
Yup, Rose Bowl here they come. :rolleyes:

Scott D
10/8/2007, 01:30 PM
Now you know that it takes real skill and being on top of your game to beat the 3rd stringer redshirt freshman QB who was a walk on. It's probably better to mention that ND had 6 takeaways and still could only manage 14 more points than UCLA.

aurorasooner
10/8/2007, 01:32 PM
Their TD scoring drive was 3 plays for 2 yards. Their other TD was a fumble return.

Their FG drives were 4 plays for -1 yard. and 13 plays for 29 yards.

They are scary good! HiTH do you come up with a 13 play drive in 29 yards and still not score a TD? That is scary good. I'm going to have to go look at the stats on that game. I guess when you're 0-5 you take them any way you can get them. Most unbelievable article I've ever read. You would thought they had won the Rose Bowl with all the BS hype.
But then again, what a sad day it must have been for the city of Los Angeles. I wonder if they've decided yet what the bigger upset was. Stanford? or Notre Dame? LOL! A 40 some point dog and a 21 pont dog winning in the same city on the same day. They're lucky they didn't have the "Big One" on Saturday with the coastline ending up next to Palm Springs.