PDA

View Full Version : I'll say what everyone else is thinking...

My Opinion Matters
10/8/2007, 12:13 PM
Missouri scares me. Missouri scares me a lot.

SoonerEmpire
10/8/2007, 12:18 PM
- Missouri has a powerful offense, but it's the spread. Bob Stoops knows how to defend the spread. After all, he's the first one to bring the spread to the Big XII.

- As for their defense? Missouri is ranked 79th in the nation in total defense.

- Stoops has only lost TWO home games in the last SIX years!

Mizzou will be tough, but I don't think they'll be able to beat us.

OUDoc
10/8/2007, 12:21 PM
Home game. That's the only reason I feel better.

Position Limit
10/8/2007, 12:22 PM
dude, clean the sand out of your vagina. paper tigers. this will be the game that ou absolutely rolls and gets back in the spotlight. at home, at night, espn gameday. please. big time players, big time plays, big time games.

Mac94
10/8/2007, 12:24 PM
Should be a good game .... but:

1) OU is at home

2) while Missouri's offense is good, so is OU's ... and OU's defense is better than Missouri's.

3) I think Stoops and company are better than Gary Pinkle and staff ... still waiting for one of his choke jobs.

TMcGee86
10/8/2007, 12:25 PM
https://host239.ipowerweb.com/~fansanit/store/images/products/425_large.jpg

GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!!!11

SoonerAcesUp
10/8/2007, 12:26 PM
Missouri is a scary team. But OU has always seemed to be able to defend their type of offense. They don't throw it down the field a whole lot but instead throw short passes and work methodically down the field. Seems like that is more suited for our defensive scheme. We better be on our game though because how well OUr defense does against their offense is likely to decide the game.

Now it's our job as fans to make that stadium Saturday night an atmosphere that Missouri will never forget. They have to make a lot of calls at the line so it better be beyond loud. I like the 5:30 start time because it gives us all day to stir up into a frenzy by game time. I can't wait for Saturday!

silverwheels
10/8/2007, 12:27 PM
If they can run the ball in addition to passing it all over the place, then we're in trouble. I feel confident that we can score fairly easily on their defense.

Plus they have Gary Pinkel.

CtheB
10/8/2007, 12:28 PM
I think we are going to have a team ready to get back home and play in a more friendly environment (been 28 days since last home game). And the team usually responds well when they play a home game right after a win over Texas.

And I still am not sure If Missouri is ready for primetime on the road.

soonervegas
10/8/2007, 12:31 PM
There are only two things in this world that scare me and one of them is nuclear warheads.

My Opinion Matters
10/8/2007, 12:34 PM
There are only two things in this world that scare me and one of them is nuclear warheads.

You've obviously never been to Joplin.

stoopified
10/8/2007, 12:38 PM
The Tigers would scare me IF they had a strong running game to go with Daniel and the passing game.

LittleWingSooner
10/8/2007, 12:41 PM
Missouri is the best team we have faced so far this year. They have the best win coming in against Illinois. They have a great offense and their defense looks pretty solid against the run outside of one game against Ole Miss. I think we'll get to Daniel a lot though.

stoopified
10/8/2007, 12:45 PM
I would be afaraid if it were at Columbia and IF the Tigers had a running attack.Their leading rusher is Tony Temple(351 yds,4.9 avg) sprained an ankle against Cornland and will not be 100% if he plays.Daniel (188) yds is 2nd leading rusher.

yermom
10/8/2007, 12:46 PM
i'm glad it's in Norman

aero
10/8/2007, 12:57 PM
This year has proved the old axiom that nobody took serious - that anybody can beat anybody. Doesn't really matter if Missouri looks good or not they can beat us if we don't perform. That goes for any game from here on out. One game at a time. Forget the polls, forget conference standings, forget the BCS. The only thing that matters is the next game and right now, that's Missouri. Boomer.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/8/2007, 01:10 PM

LOL!

I hail from Webb City myself. You probably should have said Oronogo!

As for the game, MU is a good enough team to win if OU doesn't show up to play. They will show up and I think the score is closer to the Miami game than the Texas game.

MamaMia
10/8/2007, 01:12 PM
Just exactly what about Missouri scares you?
Is it something they have or something we don't have?
'That' is the question my friend. :)

CitySooner
10/8/2007, 01:17 PM
You guys scare too easy. Remember, we went to Columbia last year against this same team and DOMINATED them in THEIR HOUSE. Sure, we might have had a better defense up front than we do now, but our offense is better than last year and our secondary is better. We are at HOME, at NIGHT IN PRIME TIME, and much is at stake in the hunt for the national championship. Mizzou will have some success moving the ball, but with their top runner not at 100%, they will have to throw the ball all night long. Expect as many picks as touchdowns thrown to our defense. Our offense will be UNSTOPPABLE. Look for the mighty Crimson to roll in a fairly high scoring affair. Relax scaredypants:

CRIMSON 52
TIGGERS 24

Newbomb Turk
10/8/2007, 01:21 PM
Plus they have Gary Pinkel.

I like our chances.

adoniijahsooner
10/8/2007, 01:31 PM
When I joined this message board I did not expect to see fans cowering and getting goosepimples over teams like Missouri, texas tech, and tulsa. I recorded theirgame saturday and went back to watch it last night, and Nebraska just gave up running the ball and threw it every single play. They completely gave up on the run, and really just gave up after getting down by 14. Our team will not quit and our offense is to balanced to be slowed down. I dont give a crap if we played in gary pinkels backyard; Missouri cannot beat us. This team learned their lesson at colorado, and not will not let up the rest of the year, so get your boys out of your stomach and stop putting negative vibes in the air with all this fear and worry talk.

DrZaius
10/8/2007, 01:35 PM
Didn't this thread get started every year when BS was at Mizz? I believe our results were the same. Close but NOT close.

waa waa waa

SoonerAcesUp
10/8/2007, 02:10 PM
Apparently everyone was not thinking that.

colleyvillesooner
10/8/2007, 02:15 PM
They beat Illinois 40-34 -- 56th in Total Defense
They beat Ole Miss 38-24 -- 101st in Total Defense, gained 500 yards against Miz.
They beat W Michigan 52-24 -- 103rd in Total Defense
They beat Illinoise State 38-17 -- 108 in Total Defense...in 1-AA!!!
They beat Nebraska 41-6 --96th in Total Defense. Ball State scored 40 on Neb.

Curly Bill
10/8/2007, 02:20 PM
I agree with those previous posters that said we ususally defend spread offenses well. I really do think that will be the case again. Those two TE's of theirs though are a concern...you know in light of Finley's 4 catches for a buck-fifty.

I also think they are a tad bit overated. Not a chance I just jinxed us right?

soonersweetie
10/8/2007, 02:25 PM
I think OU will win Saturday. However we need to be prepared to play. Yes that's a no-brainer, but we also thought Colorado was a no brainer and I'm sure usc thought the same about Stanford.

I think Chase Daniels is a better QB than Colt McCoy is. But with our crowd welcoming the team back from Dallas and Gameday, that place will be rockin!

SoonerAcesUp
10/8/2007, 02:41 PM
I just don't want the imposters that showed up for the CU game to ever show their faces again. Unfortunately that will probably be in the back of my mind before every game from here on out. We come to play, we win. Period.

Scott D
10/8/2007, 02:46 PM
When I joined this message board I did not expect to see fans cowering and getting goosepimples over teams like Missouri, texas tech, and tulsa. I recorded theirgame saturday and went back to watch it last night, and Nebraska just gave up running the ball and threw it every single play. They completely gave up on the run, and really just gave up after getting down by 14. Our team will not quit and our offense is to balanced to be slowed down. I dont give a crap if we played in gary pinkels backyard; Missouri cannot beat us. This team learned their lesson at colorado, and not will not let up the rest of the year, so get your boys out of your stomach and stop putting negative vibes in the air with all this fear and worry talk.

nebraska didn't give up on the run...they played Bill Callahan football. Where damn the final score, I'm going to run my gameplan the way I want to because I'm the head coach. You know, the gameplan they took to Inglewood California last season.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/8/2007, 03:09 PM
This year has proved the old axiom that nobody took serious - that anybody can beat anybody. Doesn't really matter if Missouri looks good or not they can beat us if we don't perform. That goes for any game from here on out. One game at a time. Forget the polls, forget conference standings, forget the BCS. The only thing that matters is the next game and right now, that's Missouri. Boomer.

Read the whole thread... good points both sides of the sunshine-pumpers vs. worry-warts.

But this is the one that stands out folks.

And since it is at home, we can make a difference.

We need to ROAR! Don't let 'em hear on their sideline, don't let 'em hear in the huddle, and definitely make it impossible for Chase to audible.

I don't know how we can't be juiced for this one. Maybe Stoops doesn't care or know if the Gameday crew is there or not.... But I guarantee you the players do.

It's gonna rock!

Boomer Sooner! Rock the Fock!

jccouger
10/8/2007, 03:13 PM
Don't be skeeered

colleyvillesooner
10/8/2007, 03:32 PM
I agree with those previous posters that said we ususally defend spread offenses well. I really do think that will be the case again. Those two TE's of theirs though are a concern...you know in light of Finley's 4 catches for a buck-fifty.

I also think they are a tad bit overated. Not a chance I just jinxed us right?

I read somewhere that their TE's usually line up split out, unlike Finely, who was on the line, then ran his routes.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/8/2007, 03:52 PM
I'm guessing we're going to see more safety help in the middle much like the 4th quarter against texass. Mo's wideouts don't compare to cosby and sweed and we pretty much handled those guys on the outside.

swardboy
10/8/2007, 04:55 PM
Hey I'm from Joplin....the only thing that scares me here is Range Line Rd.

Well, that and the Spook Light.

MU does make me nervous though.

LakeTiger
10/8/2007, 05:35 PM

or Springfield for that matter!:D

I would have said Branson but most of the people there are from Oklahoma.:eek:

TrophyCollector
10/8/2007, 07:30 PM
If we can get consistant pressure (we've been really good at sacks this year, but not always at getting pressure), it will be a run away. Otherwise, it will be a close game.

Curly Bill
10/8/2007, 07:43 PM
I read somewhere that their TE's usually line up split out, unlike Finely, who was on the line, then ran his routes.

I haven't broken down the Missouri film yet but I think you're right. I watched some of their game Sat night and I seem to recall that they do move them around quite a bit. Kind of like we used to do with Trent Smith huh?

mightysooner
10/8/2007, 07:59 PM
We'll run the ball all over Missouri but they'll score some points. We need to keep that offense off the field as much as possible. Any word on Patrick?

GoTigers
10/8/2007, 08:05 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic about the tigers this weekend. Rucker and Coffman should have a good game over the middle, and our true freshman Derrick Washington is looking like the running back we've needed forever. I am concerned about our run defense, but if we play as well as we did against the cornholes, we might pull it off. If you had asked me at the beginning of the season about our chances against the Sooners, i would have said definite loss, but now its looking better for the Tigers. Still, this game is on the road, and against a solid OU team.

FormerSoonerProf
10/9/2007, 11:30 AM
In any football game, there is always a chance that the underdog can win. An underdog has more risk taking ability... forgoing the punt on 4th down and going for the 1st down. A loss does not hurt the underdog as much as the joy of winning against a superior rated team. This is why Colorado beat us... they were willing to take the risks.. and that time things worked out for them. Mizzou will use the same philosophy to bring down the Number 5 Sooners. They will be passing the ball deep and using other extremely risky plays against our suspect secondary to take an early lead and get us out of our normal game plan. We have to defend against those risky plays, and beat them up early and smash em so that no amount of risk-taking will help them.

I was impressed by LSU taking risks - two go-aheads on 4th down to win the game, even tho they were rated Number 1.

SoonerStormchaser
10/9/2007, 11:36 AM
Hello? Does anyone remember the fact that we've never lost immediately following the Texass game?

StoopTroup
10/9/2007, 11:39 AM
Hello? Does anyone remember the fact that we've never lost immediately following the Texass game?
Great Point.

I ain't skeeered.

Bring it Tiger Bait ! ! !

:hot: :pop:

Jason White's Third Knee
10/9/2007, 11:39 AM
I wasn't thinking that. I was thinking that we'll kick their collective ***.