PDA

View Full Version : ABC Starting line ups--Bevo/Sooner

The_Red_Patriot
10/8/2007, 12:03 PM
Amazing. Words can't really describe what ABC did on October 6th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h962GSh5Stw

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/8/2007, 12:05 PM
Amazing. Words can't really describe what ABC did on October 6th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h962GSh5Stw

Words like cheesy and lame can.

Of course ABC was also pimping Cavemen as "the best new comedy" when I watched about 10 minutes of the show and ran out of the house with my eyes and ears bleeding.

Flagstaffsooner
10/8/2007, 12:12 PM
At least it wasnt a horse pig.

Rhino
10/8/2007, 12:13 PM
A direct reflection of the mentality of ABC producers, who also include Paul Maguire in the broadcast.

soonerinabilene
10/8/2007, 12:14 PM
at least matthew mygodimgay wasnt on it.

OUDoc
10/8/2007, 12:18 PM
It was horrible.

Mac94
10/8/2007, 12:21 PM
ABS / ESPN needs to can this lineup intro thing of theirs ... it gets worse each week. If thats where they are on Oct 6th ... I can't to see how bad it is the day after Thanksgiving with Nebraska @ Colorado and Texas @ Texas A&M.

The Bevo / Boomer thing was painful.

CtheB
10/8/2007, 12:25 PM
Interesting story on the Animal this morning from Fitzpatrick...said Bonnie Bernstein was complaining to the producers that there was "nobody famous on the sidelines to interview" while she was standing right next to TRRW and AD, so she became a weatherwoman.

SoonerSinger3
10/8/2007, 12:30 PM
the boomer sooner/bevo introductios was the cheapest, lamest, most idiotic thing I've ever seen from a football broadcast. I felt like I was at a cheap amusement park and the robotic animals were telling me the storyline...i wish the big 12 didn't have affiliations with abc...cbs is by far more professional...brad nessler was the only bright spot of the entire crew

oupride
10/8/2007, 12:37 PM
I absolutely HATE it! I have since week 1. I have looked on ABC.com and can not find a link to contact them about it.

Scott D
10/8/2007, 12:40 PM
I absolutely HATE it! I have since week 1. I have looked on ABC.com and can not find a link to contact them about it.

Probably because their sports department is under ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv) rather than ABC.

OUmillenium
10/8/2007, 01:04 PM
Yep, cheezy and lame, also worthless and weak.

Have not been a fan of this lineup things for any of the ABC games but especially don't like on the OU games...Toby Keith's was OK for the canes game though.

Terrible broadcast lineup except for Nessler. Bonnie is an idiot and has no business being on camera unless she is in a bikini or less.

soonermeteor
10/8/2007, 01:20 PM
Of course ABC was also pimping Cavemen as "the best new comedy" when I watched about 10 minutes of the show and ran out of the house with my eyes and ears bleeding.

Speaking of which... what the hell is a "man date"? :rolleyes:

They must have run that ad 10 times :mad: .

Lott's Bandana
10/8/2007, 01:21 PM
Did anyone notice this girl's new guns? BB seems to be well on her way to a 5 o'clock shadow and a taste for action movies!

Landthief 1972
10/8/2007, 01:59 PM
Yep, cheezy and lame, also worthless and weak.

Have not been a fan of this lineup things for any of the ABC games but especially don't like on the OU games...Toby Keith's was OK for the canes game though.

Are you kidding? His crack about "no hurricanes, just tornadoes in Oklahoma" was excruciating. All that statement does is make people conjure up images of toothless rednecks in trailerparks.

It could have been worse folks. They could have had Matthew McIamgay stinking it up on there.

soonersweetie
10/8/2007, 02:12 PM
I was totally embarrassed to have both our schools represented that way. It cheapened the whole rivalry and broadcast and made us look terrible.

If they are going to have some one do it. First off, have real people and not computerized talking horses and cows. And then pick someone respectable. Why not Barry Switzer and Darrell Royal? Both would have been perfect for each school.

Of course that would have meant applying logic

redblood
10/8/2007, 02:40 PM
Next game we need our last 2 Miss Americas
Impressive yes?

tulsaoilerfan
10/8/2007, 03:32 PM
Next game we need our last 2 Miss Americas
Impressive yes?
In bikinis? I'm in!!:D

Animal Mother
10/8/2007, 04:11 PM
I came back into the room from "that" room and the schtick on TV stunk so bad, I went back to where I stunk it up and stayed until the the Dr. Dolittle skit was done.

Mac94
10/8/2007, 04:27 PM
The way they're going I expect ABC to use Yosemite Sam and Gomer Pyle for this weeks A&M @ Tech game. ;)

LittleWingSooner
10/8/2007, 04:32 PM
I wish Fox or CBS would take over. Even NDBC is better than ESPN even though they are ND homers.

Lott's Bandana
10/8/2007, 05:45 PM
I heard ABC will use Tigger and Foghorn Leghorn for their LSU/Kentucky intros this weekend...

By the way, Mr. Leghorn is hella-cool.

mightysooner
10/8/2007, 07:51 PM
If it's not shots of kids crying when we lose it's something stupid like that. I was EMBARRASSED when they did that!

47straight
10/8/2007, 10:00 PM
Darrell Royal wouldn't have shared the screen with Switzer to have done the voice introductions. He's that bitter.

mhackl
10/8/2007, 10:14 PM
Not to mention that the ESPN highlights of OU/tx begin after Sam's down field throwing show. Why was that not highlight worthy?

soonerloyal
10/8/2007, 10:20 PM
Darrell Royal wouldn't have shared the screen with Switzer to have done the voice introductions. He's that bitter.

Well, there are still people in Hollis that spit and cross themselves whenever DKR's name is mentioned. Royal should just get over it. The people in his hometown, however, don't have to.

SoonerBOI
10/8/2007, 10:33 PM
absolutely sick...