PDA

View Full Version : I’m starting to like OU’s chances this weekend.

KABOOKIE
10/8/2007, 09:40 AM
1) Post OU-TX let down? Not in the Stoops era baby. Stoop and Co. usually ride the wave after whooping texass.
2) Mizzou scored 41 points on Nebb you say? BFD. Ball State scored 40 on ‘em @ NEBRASKA.
3) Gameday is coming to town. What is Stoops record with Gameday? It’s gotta be something like 421-0.
4) It’s a home game. Look for the team to go beserker after being on the road the last few weeks.

I remember a few years back this traditional loser from the BXII North came struttin’ in 6-0 all full of themselves too. Hang on to your seats this weekend. The stadium is going to rocking!!!

soonerlaw
10/8/2007, 09:44 AM
1) 2) Mizzou scored 41 points on Nebb you say? BFD. Ball State scored 40 on ‘em @ NEBRASKA.

That makes me a feel better. I just hope our secondary can stop those pass happy offenses like Mizzou and Tech.

Then again, I was worried last year when we went to Mizzou, and we came out of that fine. No doubt we win.

Widescreen
10/8/2007, 09:52 AM
1) Post OU-TX let down? Not in the Stoops era baby. Stoop and Co. usually ride the wave after whooping texass.
True but not relevant. This year is a different team.

2) Mizzou scored 41 points on Nebb you say? BFD. Ball State scored 40 on ‘em @ NEBRASKA.
We'll still have our work cut out for us. NU's defense is atrocious.

3) Gameday is coming to town. What is Stoops record with Gameday? It’s gotta be something like 421-0.
Irrelevant. Gameday has no bearing on a team's performance. It may get the crowd hyped up a bit more but I doubt that's really possible given that we're playing at night against the #11 team in the country.

4) It’s a home game. Look for the team to go beserker after being on the road the last few weeks.
This is the biggest factor IMO.

KABOOKIE
10/8/2007, 09:52 AM
That makes me a feel better. I just hope our secondary can stop those pass happy offenses like Mizzou and Tech.

Then again, I was worried last year when we went to Mizzou, and we came out of that fine. No doubt we win.

Well, I fully expect the offensive to do their job this weekend. I also think Brent Venables will have a solid game plan for the Mizzou offense. It will come down to if OU gets Mizzou out of their game plan early and how well Brent adjusts to it. Brent and the defense did an pretty good job adjusting this weekend.

KABOOKIE
10/8/2007, 09:53 AM
True but not relevant. This year is a different team.

We'll still have our work cut out for us. NU's defense is atrocious.

Irrelevant. Gameday has no bearing on a team's performance. It may get the crowd hyped up a bit more but I doubt that's really possible given that we're playing at night against the #11 team in the country.

This is the biggest factor IMO.

You can choose to ignore the facts.... ;)

OUmillenium
10/8/2007, 09:55 AM
Well, I fully expect the offensive to do their job this weekend. I also think Brent Venables will have a solid game plan for the Mizzou offense. It will come down to if OU gets Mizzou out of their game plan early and how well Brent adjusts to it. Brent and the defense did an pretty good job adjusting this weekend.

I will do a cartwheel at O'Connells if that turns out to be true.

Widescreen
10/8/2007, 09:56 AM
You can choose to ignore the facts.... ;)
:)

r5TPsooner
10/8/2007, 10:06 AM
If OU doesn't run the ball well it could be a long day for Sooner fans.

Widescreen
10/8/2007, 10:10 AM
If OU doesn't run the ball well it could be a long day for Sooner fans.
I suspect our running game will be fine.

Blitzkrieg
10/8/2007, 10:15 AM
Mizzou can beat us, don't doubt that. that said, if we run the ball and grind out clock, we will win this game.

Coffman and Rucker are both better TEs than Finley is for Texas. They are big and very fast, Rucker lines up as the QB and runs out of the shotgun several times per game. Maclin is very fast and leads the nation in all purpose yards. http://www.cfbstats.com/2007/leader/national/player/split01/category11/sort01.html

This isn't the "same ol Mizzou" that lays down on the road. We'll need to keep Chase Daniel off the field, because after watching McCoy slice and dice our linebackers, we'll need a much more sound scheme and better play to win this one.

Texas Golfer
10/8/2007, 10:22 AM
Our defense needs to remain aware of Chase Daniels's ability to make adjustments and run for miles.

swardboy
10/8/2007, 10:53 AM
Mizzou can beat us, don't doubt that. that said, if we run the ball and grind out clock, we will win this game.

Coffman and Rucker are both better TEs than Finley is for Texas. They are big and very fast, Rucker lines up as the QB and runs out of the shotgun several times per game. Maclin is very fast and leads the nation in all purpose yards. http://www.cfbstats.com/2007/leader/national/player/split01/category11/sort01.html

This isn't the "same ol Mizzou" that lays down on the road. We'll need to keep Chase Daniel off the field, because after watching McCoy slice and dice our linebackers, we'll need a much more sound scheme and better play to win this one.

These are the reasons why Texas was the perfect game for us before Mizzou: The adjustments we had to make bode well for dealing with Mizzou's strengths. I just hope we slap Daniel silly (legally) and get him off stride.

Collier11
10/8/2007, 11:26 AM
I will do a cartwheel at O'Connells if that turns out to be true.

Venables game plan is good more times than not, it is our players getting out of their lanes or missing tackles that usually hurts us. Remember the adjustments that he made after Oregon last year, those carried us the rest of the year and we played great!!

Blitzkrieg
10/8/2007, 11:43 AM
Our defense is better at sacking the QB than I remember us being going back to 2001. That said, Daniel doesn't get sacked because he throws the ball away. Pressure will be the key, and he can be pressured, especially on the road.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/8/2007, 12:00 PM
MU is capable of beating us if they play a great game and we show up and go through the motions. I think people are reading too much into the rout of Neb. Neb is horrible this year, period. Nebraska was handled at home by a USC team which is turning out to be about the most overrated team in history. They nearly lost to Wake Forest and they were beat by Ball St and managed to escape. MU has a real good QB, good athletic TEs and a decent receiving corps. No running game, little defense and they aren't playing at home in arguably their biggest game in the last 25 years. Last week was huge for us too but the home crowd will help overcoem that.

MU won't be sneaking up on OU. Gameday will be there and there will be 85,000+ fans making a bunch of noise at a night game.

Could MU win? Possibly.

More likely in my book that we hang half a hundred.

SoonerBOI
10/8/2007, 12:14 PM
We should DOMINATE missou and make another statement.

Blitzkrieg
10/8/2007, 01:51 PM
I'll take a 7 point win, after the CU experience.