PDA

View Full Version : Delusional Aggies

kevpks
10/8/2007, 09:38 AM
So I came across a forum on orangepower in which they are debating whether DeMarco Murray is better than one of their RBs called "Spud."

They are unanimously in favor of "Spud" over Murray. First, who the heck is "Spud"? I have watched several OSU games, and I have no clue who that is. Second, I have serious doubts that that this guy approaches Murray's talent. And contrary to what they think, I don't see a Murray vs. "Spud" debate taking shape nationally over the next few years.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=42032 (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=42032)

stoops the eternal pimp
10/8/2007, 09:43 AM
Maybe the freshman back Hunter....who knows...

KABOOKIE
10/8/2007, 09:44 AM
DeMarco Murray is so f'ing fast if he ran by "Spud" you'd have a baked potato on the field.

Malcolm Kelly's Cousin
10/8/2007, 09:46 AM
An imaginary friend, perhaps?

badger
Is THIS spud?
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/11/02/texasam.jpg
HELL, no. He isn't a spud, he's the entire sack of potatoes!

stoops the eternal pimp
One poster said Murray is only good against teams weak against the run...Like Stoolwater has been playing some tough Ds

boomersooner28
10/8/2007, 09:50 AM
Have I mentioned I hate pokes? This one poke that I work with looked at me on Friday in our pre-shift meeting at work and says "Hook em" while flashing the horns sign at me. That about says it all for poke fans. Total fools.

Malcolm Kelly's Cousin
10/8/2007, 09:52 AM
Earlier in the year a bunch of pokes I know started flaunting around in their new Boise State shirts. This past week they were wearing CU hats.

Can't wait until they come down to Norman.

soonerwalt
10/8/2007, 10:01 AM
So when he tries to run between the tackles our defense will supply the mashed potatoes for T-Day dinner?

ougrad2008
10/8/2007, 10:10 AM
they are pathetic over at OP.com. they need moral victories, so they compare one of their better players to one of ours. when you win 7 games and its considered a success, i guess they need these type of threads to feel better

SoonerEmpire
10/8/2007, 10:24 AM
I read this on their board earlier, and I couldn't figure out who the hell "Spud" was either. However, I think they're misspelling his name. I think the guy they're talking about is named "Spuds." If that's the case, they must be talking about this guy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/veilofdisdain/Miscellaneous/mackensie48993.jpg

DeMarco's fast, but I don't know if he can hang with Spuds. Hopefully we can recruit Michael Vick and pull some strings to get him eligible for a one-game deal by the time we play okie lite. :D :D :D

BoonesFarmSooner
10/8/2007, 10:27 AM
That's GARBAGE! And the poke fan writing it is GARBAGE.

Makes me want to puke

MikeInNorman
10/8/2007, 10:30 AM
Be kind to Aggy. Remember, they are fighting for their lives with a trip to Shreveport on the line.

Collier11
10/8/2007, 11:19 AM
DeMarco Murray is so f'ing fast if he ran by "Spud" you'd have a baked potato on the field.

Atleast the effort was there :eek: :eek:

SoonerEmpire
10/8/2007, 11:22 AM
Be kind to Aggy. Remember, they are fighting for their lives with a trip to Shreveport on the line.

But why? I find it highly enjoyable to pick on retarded kids who are retarded by choice.

Ash
10/8/2007, 11:24 AM
Gundy provided some laughs this morning when I read his quotes in the paper. When questioned about the decision to try and block the punt in the 4th quarter, he refused to comment saying that his playcalling is secret and if he talked about playcalling the other teams would figure out their strategy.

Nobody was asking you to open up the playbook, coach, just wanting to know wtf you were thinking on that particular play. LOL. It's true, he's the perfect coach for them.

MikeInNorman
10/8/2007, 11:28 AM
But why? I find it highly enjoyable to pick on retarded kids who are retarded by choice.

True, it is difficult not to laugh when Aggy hijacks the short bus and brags about it.

auto
10/8/2007, 11:40 AM
I am not sure which fanbase is more delusional, fake aggie or collie aggy. Those azz clowns still think they are Tailback U. I hope OU plays like a man and is up 40 at the half:D

OUFan22
10/8/2007, 12:03 PM
Gundy provided some laughs this morning when I read his quotes in the paper. When questioned about the decision to try and block the punt in the 4th quarter, he refused to comment saying that his playcalling is secret and if he talked about playcalling the other teams would figure out their strategy.

Nobody was asking you to open up the playbook, coach, just wanting to know wtf you were thinking on that particular play. LOL. It's true, he's the perfect coach for them.
We gotta remember he did play football there, so his brain already thinks the way that pokes in general think.

SoonerEmpire
10/8/2007, 12:06 PM
We gotta remember he did play football there, so his brain already thinks the way that pokes in general think.

His brain is "double-secret." Nobody is really even sure if he has one, because it's SO secret.

Doged
10/8/2007, 12:07 PM
At least they finally gave up on the "all our QB's are better than anything OU can field" bit. Only to replace it with the RB talk, of course.

They've also decided that all Sooner fans are band wagon fans who weren't fans through the '90s, unlike them who have continued to support their team since '88, which is apparently the last time they fielded a half-way decent team that still failed to win any kind of a championship.

SoonerBOI
10/8/2007, 12:12 PM
I read the thread too. Made me laugh, I nearly far--!

OUDoc
10/8/2007, 12:15 PM
His brain is "double-secret." Nobody is really even sure if he has one, because it's SO secret.
Oh, he has one.

IT'S 40!

silverwheels
10/8/2007, 12:17 PM
"Delusional Aggies"

That's a little redundant, isn't it? :D

JLB
10/8/2007, 12:18 PM

Mike"Incognito"Gundy.
Trust us Mike,nobody needs to know your playbook in order to kick your aggie ***.

picasso
10/8/2007, 12:20 PM
the fact that they are trying to compare one of theirs to one of ours makes them oSu.

stoopified
10/8/2007, 01:12 PM
Maybe the freshman back Hunter....who knows...
That is what I'm thinking too.He is a nice little back but he ain't no DM7.

Sooner98
10/8/2007, 01:17 PM
Spud Webb did have some mad ups back in the 80's:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/12/70076175_a9ca44336b.jpg

MikeInNorman
10/9/2007, 11:06 AM
I just drove by AggyPower.com to find out who this "Spud" is, and came upon this gem from "Candyapple":

Re: Spud vs. DeMarco Murray
maybe later this is going to be a debate. who knows if murray will progress. but right now there is no debate. period.

hunter is hands down the better back. hunter is a special, special player. murray is good. but hunter is flat out of his league.

I think this goes into the file with "Year of the Cowboy", "World's Most Powerful Offense" and "Best Facilities in the Country" as examples of total disconnect from reality. I wonder who is responsible for taking advantage of these weak-minded yahoos and feeding them all this stuff? Mike Gundy?

Jason White's Third Knee
10/9/2007, 11:13 AM
Earlier in the year a bunch of pokes I know started flaunting around in their new Boise State shirts. This past week they were wearing CU hats.

Can't wait until they come down to Norman.

If the alternative was to wear an OSU shirt, I'd wear a Boise State shirt too. Shame will make you do things like that.

StanberryWasIn
10/9/2007, 11:19 AM
I've seen a couple of their games. That Hunter kid is actually pretty good; as I recall, he was second string to some fairly ordinary looking fellow. Seemed of a piece with Gundy's decision-making abilities. To say that he's anywhere near the player Murray though is strikes me the same as, well, saying the Aggie football program is anywhere near the program OU is.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/9/2007, 11:22 AM
At least they finally gave up on the "all our QB's are better than anything OU can field" bit. Only to replace it with the RB talk, of course.

They've also decided that all Sooner fans are band wagon fans who weren't fans through the '90s, unlike them who have continued to support their team since '88, which is apparently the last time they fielded a half-way decent team that still failed to win any kind of a championship.

OK, so they were saying that their QB's were better than Heupel, Hybl, White, Bomar, Thompson and Bradford?
Heupel should have won a Heisman for that brain of his.
Hybl was a great qb! He only lost a couple of games and was screwed by poor DB play.
White won a Heisman and about a million other awards.
Bomar was a kid that was running for his life for a year and we never really saw what he could do with a mature line.
Thompson lost 3 games... one was that shame in Oregon and one was a fluke in the Fiesta bowl against Boise, texas was a legit loss.
Bradford... well, he seems to be doing fine.

What a$$holes. They just have no objective views on OU...EVER.

StanberryWasIn
10/9/2007, 11:36 AM
OK, so they were saying that their QB's were better than Heupel, Hybl, White, Bomar, Thompson and Bradford?
Heupel should have won a Heisman for that brain of his.
Hybl was a great qb! He only lost a couple of games and was screwed by poor DB play.
White won a Heisman and about a million other awards.
Bomar was a kid that was running for his life for a year and we never really saw what he could do with a mature line.
Thompson lost 3 games... one was that shame in Oregon and one was a fluke in the Fiesta bowl against Boise, texas was a legit loss.
Bradford... well, he seems to be doing fine.

What a$$holes. They just have no objective views on OU...EVER.

They meant that either of Reid or Robinson > any of Bradford, Halzle and Nichols (i.e., comparing this year's quarterbacks).

Not quite as delusional as how you read it, but 5 games have clearly shown that they reversed the formula; should be either of Reid or Robinson < any of Bradford, Halzle and Nichols

badger
10/9/2007, 11:58 AM
How OU will beat OSU:
1- Run a lot, because OSU's defense sucks.
2- Pass a lot, because OSU's secondary defense REALLLLLLLY sucks.
3- Do #1 and #2 even more in the second half, because that's when OSU's incompetence really starts to take off.

How OSU will try to beat OU:
1- Follow Tulsa's gameplan by calling all three timeouts in the first quarter to get an early lead... or at least that is what is supposed to happen before the turnovers.
2- Fake injuries on defense to stop the clock to allow terrible defense to catch breath.
3- Call second half timeouts periodically to allow "America's Coach" to puke.
4- Kick fieldgoals. Fran likes field goals, and Fran's coaching the #1 Big 12 South team! :D:D:D

Final score:
OU: 77
OSU: 9

mxATVracer10
10/9/2007, 12:41 PM
I wonder who is responsible for taking advantage of these weak-minded yahoos and feeding them all this stuff?
Probably a bunch of mothers.... MOTHERS OF CHILDREN[hairGel]

Mixer!
10/9/2007, 12:51 PM

He must've gone to the Dubya School of Coaching. :pop:

badger
10/9/2007, 01:38 PM
hehe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QMGPnTNtyA)

Kray
10/9/2007, 06:01 PM
the fact that they are trying to compare one of theirs to one of ours makes them oSu.

That's the issue. Why not compare the kid to other players on other teams? Why does it always have to be about OU?

I've seen the kid play and he's good. His stats are greatfor a true freshman, and his runs against aTm were determined, tough, balanced and elusive. He's a really good player and he'll make them better. But there isn't any reason to compare him to DM. It's not even about who's better, it's about the need to compare one good RB to another, just because the other happens to be here.

I don't pretend to understand that mindset.

LittleWingSooner
10/9/2007, 06:13 PM
Of course OSU's backup RB is better than our backup running back. It's OSU. They are RB U remember?

Lott's Bandana
10/9/2007, 06:59 PM
I think they call him "Spud" because his mother was spotted feeding him curly fries in the parking lot. :stunned:

KC//CRIMSON
10/9/2007, 07:08 PM
I think they call him "Spud" because his mother was spotted feeding him curly fries in the parking lot. :stunned:

Quote and User name is top notch.

goingoneight
10/9/2007, 09:34 PM
Does "spud" have anything to do with their Boise State shirts? :confused:

fadada1
10/9/2007, 09:44 PM
i know it's wrong, and i'm stealing a comedian's line, but op.com gets so worked up about the smallest things, it really is like a retard in a room full of bouncy balls.

they've got one player that the entire aggie loving nation has heard about, and they declare him pope. seriously, why haven't we as OU fans (and most are actually IN the state of OKLAHOMA) heard anything about the guy they're talking about???

it hurts my brain on a level unmeasurable by science to comprehend their thought process.

Crimsontothecore
10/9/2007, 10:23 PM

Secret play calling...closed practices, aren't those things usually associated with teams that actually win? Does gumby actually think there's ANYTHING about his team that other teams want to use?

birddog
10/9/2007, 11:04 PM
[hairGel] WE IS WHO WE THOUGHT WE WAS!!![hairGel]

Ash
10/9/2007, 11:28 PM
Secret play calling...closed practices, aren't those things usually associated with teams that actually win? Does gumby actually think there's ANYTHING about his team that other teams want to use?

His pressers are comedy gold.

I'll never forget this one:

Smart people read books. I don't read books.

Jacie
10/10/2007, 05:58 AM
I haven't seen a reference to "The Year of the Cowboy" in a long time. It think that one was when I was in college unless there's been more than one, and that was . . . a long time ago. As for lOSUrs in Boise St shirts and CU caps, that has to be the lamest of the lame if the only way they can talk smack is to remind their biggest rival of losses from other teams. Heck, we oughta go en masse to Los Angeles wearing Stanford gear to see if it makes the SUCcers afraid of OU.

pott_2
10/10/2007, 07:12 AM
it really is like a retard in a room full of bouncy balls.

What a great comparison. Go Poke-*** football!

JohnnyMack
11/11/2007, 12:42 PM
I just had to dig this up after last night's performances:

Re: Spud vs. DeMarco Murray
maybe later this is going to be a debate. who knows if murray will progress. but right now there is no debate. period.

hunter is hands down the better back. hunter is a special, special player. murray is good. but hunter is flat out of his league.

Murray- 95 yds rushing - 3 TDs
19 yds receiving
129 return yds - 1 TD
243 Total Yards - 4 TDs

Hunter - 6 yds rushing

I can't tell you how much I hate that fanbase. Now if you wanna have a Dantrell Savage vs. DeMarco Murray debate, that'd be more fun. But for the love of good, try, at least try and stop being such idiots.

bluedogok
11/11/2007, 12:58 PM
Murray also had two of th Top 10 plays on Sportscenter last night. The only one that I remember from the KU-OSU game was the long pass play for KU....so OSU still made Sportscenter highlights.....that has to count for something!

I never understood why my dad had such a dislike of OSU, growing up I always wanted OSU to do well except against OU. In 1988 I went to work at the same company that he had been at since 1967 It is a company of between 200-300 employees in the OKC office and more than half were OSU people. After working there for a couple of stints for a total of 11 years (before I moved to Austin in 2003) I fully understand it now. I dislike only OSU and USC more than Texas. Most of the UT fans that I know down here are nowhere near as obnoxious of the majority of OSU fans that I have known.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/11/2007, 02:47 PM
One poster said Murray is only good against teams weak against the run...Like Stoolwater has been playing some tough Ds

I mean look what he done against saxet, and look at what they done!!! WTF
screw the pokes!!!

silverwheels
11/11/2007, 03:00 PM
I can't tell you how much I hate that fanbase...try, at least try and stop being such idiots.

Unpossible.

MiccoMacey
11/11/2007, 03:17 PM
Link to both players yearly totals???? Please????

Oh, and by link, I mean someone cut and paste. My computer's acting up and I can't run multiple windows right now.

TIA.

instigator
11/11/2007, 03:26 PM
These don't include last nights game so add another 95 to Murray's total and 6 for spud.

Rushing Statistics
NAME CAR YDS YPC LONG TD
Kendall Hunter 82 581 7.1 46(TD) 4

Rushing Statistics
NAME CAR YDS YPC LONG TD
DeMarco Murray 108 670 6.2 92(TD) 13

Frozen Sooner
11/11/2007, 04:23 PM
Strange.

OSU has better skill position players than OU, but OU somehow manages to only have one loss vs what, five for OSU? Playing better comp?

Iiiiinteresting.

I mean, statistically, yeah, this "Spud" cat looks pretty good. I dunno, I haven't seen him play. I guess I just don't spend a lot of time worrying about whether OU's players are better than OSU's. I'm relatively sure that they are, considering they tend to win a lot more games.

silverwheels
11/11/2007, 04:27 PM
Strange.

OSU has better skill position players than OU, but OU somehow manages to only have one loss vs what, five for OSU? Playing better comp?

Iiiiinteresting.

I mean, statistically, yeah, this "Spud" cat looks pretty good. I dunno, I haven't seen him play. I guess I just don't spend a lot of time worrying about whether OU's players are better than OSU's. I'm relatively sure that they are, considering they tend to win a lot more games.

[typical OSU post] It's the gooner media. They're out to get OSU with all their hype for uo. Bunch of dumb cheating squatters. gooners gooners gooners [/typical OSU post]

mdklatt
11/11/2007, 04:35 PM
I mean, statistically, yeah, this "Spud" cat looks pretty good. I dunno, I haven't seen him play. I guess I just don't spend a lot of time worrying about whether OU's players are better than OSU's.

Fantasy Football is the only kind football oSu is any good at.