PDA

View Full Version : Congrats.

TexasLidig8r
10/8/2007, 08:03 AM
On a well played game.

The OU's offensive line was a big difference maker... the pressure on Bradford was inconsistent at best. Although runs on the inside were few and far between, your offensive line did a very good job protecting your QB.

And, like most Red River games, turnovers were a difference maker... the fumble by J. Charles and the pass going right through his hands were key moments.

Other random thoughts...

Demarco Murray is good and is going to be very, very good.
Kelly and Iglaiseus (sp.) are very good.
Your defensive adjustment to man up over our tight end and bring your safeties up a bit to stop the over the middle tight end drag patterns were big.
We were much more competitive than I thought we'd be.
Colt may have reached his physical maturity as an athlete.
Quan Cosby is very, very good.

In any event, good luck this year. In this year's topsy turvy college football world, who knows where either team will be at the end of the game..(well..except for us... San Diego or Dallas at best.. :mad: )

Crimson Kid
10/8/2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks lid, your team played a great game, but i'm glad you lost.

IB4OU2
10/8/2007, 08:09 AM
The Northpark Mall is the Debil.....:mad:

The wife loves it though.........:mad:

freshchris05
10/8/2007, 08:13 AM
On a well played game.

The OU's offensive line was a big difference maker... the pressure on Bradford was inconsistent at best. Although runs on the inside were few and far between, your offensive line did a very good job protecting your QB.

And, like most Red River games, turnovers were a difference maker... the fumble by J. Charles and the pass going right through his hands were key moments.

Other random thoughts...

Demarco Murray is good and is going to be very, very good.
Kelly and Iglaiseus (sp.) are very good.
Your defensive adjustment to man up over our tight end and bring your safeties up a bit to stop the over the middle tight end drag patterns were big.
We were much more competitive than I thought we'd be.
Colt may have reached his physical maturity as an athlete.
Quan Cosby is very, very good.

In any event, good luck this year. In this year's topsy turvy college football world, who knows where either team will be at the end of the game..(well..except for us... San Diego or Dallas at best.. :mad: )

so kelly is just very good, while cosby is very, very??

you biased bastard..

heh..;)

ruf/nekdad
10/8/2007, 08:22 AM
Thought you would be sporting a new avi by now Lid...

OUmillenium
10/8/2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the usual classy (for a horn) post. I thought UT played there best game of the year. Turnovers were the difference, much like last years game. Very competitive and relatively clean game. Haven't had an RRS "nailbiter" in a few years.

Choctaw
10/8/2007, 08:52 AM
Haven't had an RRS "nailbiter" in a few years.

Now that its over and I've sobered up, it was a good game. I hope we blow them out next year though. Silly whorns. ;)

r5TPsooner
10/8/2007, 09:22 AM
gdc sends you his warmest wishes.:texan:

badger
10/8/2007, 09:36 AM
I realized your avatar would shrink a bit, but hehe. I guess that makes it easier, right?

Thanks for being a good sport about it. I bet this is an easier place to post than whornfas.com now. Now is the time to be thankful, Lid, that...

1- You never have to play in Baton Rouge, like SEC teams do every other year.
2- Your fans don't boo if you're ahead 9-0 at the half, like USC.
3- If another team in the Big 12 North beats you, it really won't be a big deal like KSU anymore.
4- Your team's color is orange, so your players can readily switch between prison gear and football gear.
5- If you lose to A&M again, at least you will get to keep playing against an idiot like Fran.
6- After you lose to Baylor, the fans will storm the field, signifying that THEY still respect your program a little.
7- After losing to Iowa State, you can pride yourself in the quality assistants that used to be at Texas now succeeding as head coaches.
8- After a trip another trip to the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl, you can be thankful most of all that you have a championship winning coach like Mack Brown.

...ok, so those last few were pretty bad, but again, this is soonerfans.com you're at, just in case you've forgotten :D

JohnnyMack
10/8/2007, 09:41 AM
Quan Cosby > Limas Sweed.

Discuss.

badger
10/8/2007, 09:44 AM

Discuss.
Yeah, well our #9 Iggy (or whatever his cool nickname is) looks better than #4 Malcolm Kelly when Kelly gets double covered over and over too!

Widescreen
10/8/2007, 09:55 AM
Wait. I thought Sweed > Kelly. Isn't that what we've been hearing from both Austin and the pre-season media types?

OUmillenium
10/8/2007, 09:58 AM
Who is this "Sweed" you keep mentioning. Is he a foreign exchange student from Scandinavia? I do not remember him playing Saturday?

BoomerMcSooner
10/8/2007, 10:02 AM
Cosby is very good, however, we made him look a lot better on those returns than he really was. Very poor tackling and pursuit on special teams last Sat.

TexasLidig8r
10/8/2007, 10:03 AM

Discuss.

No discussion at all. Cosby's strength is punt returns/kick off returns.. he made some just ridiculous moves on some returns that gave us good field position.

He is still learning to become a route runner though but does have great hands.

Sweed on the other hand.. all the talent in the world and this year he has disappeared. Double teamed some (or most teams are rolling a safety to his side to take away longer vertical routes).. He appears to have some "heart' issues.

fwsooner22
10/8/2007, 10:03 AM
"Classy in defeat" that's tough to do. Good job Lid.

That was my 25th game at the CB. I thought it was among the more respectful crowds. I saw and gave a little nastiness but there really wasn't much time for any of that. It was a great day!

I was baffled by so many of my Longhorn friends that were "happy and surprised" with their teams "effort". I just can't picture a time that the "OU fan" could find anything positive about losing it's 4th straight Big XII game. In fact, I think people would be calling for "changes" in the program if we had lost 4 straight Big XII games.

fwsooner22
10/8/2007, 10:07 AM
If Quan Cosby was a Sooner.......We would all be singing his praises. Dude is bad A$$. There many plays that I just watched him and not the play. He never quits and almost always is "in the play" even if it is a run.

I don't know if he is "better" MK, but he would be on the field if he was a Sooner.

On the other hand, Limas Sweed is a dog. Coach Brown basically called him out by refusing to talk about him. Sad, with all that talent.

JohnnyMack
10/8/2007, 10:19 AM
Cosby is smooth and patient, then explodes with speed. I like watching him play.

yermom
10/8/2007, 10:22 AM
that was Sweed? i thought it was Roy Williams

and Badger, i'd solicit help from the mods on Lid's avatar. it's way too small :D

Texas Golfer
10/8/2007, 10:46 AM
UT played a great game. Had they played their first five games as well as they did yesterday. They would have been in the top three in the country coming into the game. Then, had we won against Colorado, we'd be #2 right now. Oh, well. So much for the wouda couldas.

Maybe the Longhorns finally woke up after a very long nap.

bringit
10/8/2007, 11:11 AM
Quan is right there with Mark Clayton.

TX had the turnovers but we played sloppy with the critical penalties. We should have won by 2 TDs or more.

Collier11
10/8/2007, 11:22 AM
Cosby is smooth and patient, then explodes with speed.

Sounds like me in the bedroom! :D :D :D

TXBOOMER
10/8/2007, 12:44 PM
F texass! Boomer Sooner!

stoopified
10/8/2007, 12:57 PM
UT played their best game of the yearand IT JUST WASN"T GOOD ENOUGH.Exciting game,too exciting,I wanted a 42-10 or so beatdown.

47straight
10/8/2007, 01:27 PM
I don't think that Sweed has heart issues. He has typically played well in big games, but now that he is a focus of opposing defenses, without a big star beside him to draw away interest. It's hard for a single WR to dominate an entire game.

Then again, where was he on the final 2 drives? Has that been answered?

tulsaoilerfan
10/8/2007, 01:29 PM
Who is this "Sweed" you keep mentioning. Is he a foreign exchange student from Scandinavia? I do not remember him playing Saturday?
He's the big jarhead from Heartbreak Ridge that got his *** kicked by Eastwood. :D

OklahomaRed
10/8/2007, 02:13 PM
Two turnovers hurt you guys. The fumble by Charles in the first half was the turning point in my opinion. Thanks for the congratulations. I was glad OU finally made some adjustments in the second half and started playing a little deffense. Good luck with the Red Raiders. Need to take them down a couple of notches. :D

Crimson and Orange
10/8/2007, 02:18 PM
Congratulations, Sooners. It was a damn good game and your guys made the big plays and made fewer mistakes than ours. My hat is off to your team for a well-played game. Good luck the rest of the way.

Crimson and Orange
10/8/2007, 02:48 PM
That was my 25th game at the CB. I thought it was among the more respectful crowds. I saw and gave a little nastiness but there really wasn't much time for any of that. It was a great day!

I agree. This was my 22nd visit to the RRS, and it was one of the better crowds. There was the usual chants and cheers, but the Sooners I ran into were generally nicer and one told me that he was surprised at how respectful (relatively) the Texas fans were. I've never liked the disrespect Texas fans throw at you all, and vice versa, so it was refreshing.

I was baffled by so many of my Longhorn friends that were "happy and surprised" with their teams "effort". I just can't picture a time that the "OU fan" could find anything positive about losing it's 4th straight Big XII game. In fact, I think people would be calling for "changes" in the program if we had lost 4 straight Big XII games.

That's a bit of a mischaracterization. I don't think anyone was happy losing to OU, but the effort was good, the team played better than at any time previously this season, and it was a much better performance than we saw week against KSU. If we played like that every week this year, we'd go 11-1.

It was obvious to everyone that OU is good -- very good -- and there's no shame in losing to OU. Losing to aggy = great shame. Losing to a real program, even when it's a big rival....well, it sucks, and you grind your teeth and glare at the celebrating fans in red across the stadium, but there's nothing to be ashamed of. OU is a program to be respected. There's no moral victory, but I think Texas fans were relieved to see our team play as well as we thought they could.

In any event, congratulations again. You all earned the hat, dammit. :mad: