PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think Kansas is for real?

SoonerKnight
10/8/2007, 12:47 AM
After they were putting a lot of points on their opponents and now they actually beat a ranked team that had put the hurt on the short horns I think they will be in the BigXII CCG. I may be wrong but check out their schedule:

Sat., Oct 13 Baylor 12:30 PM ET 9 Sat.,
Oct 20 @Colorado TBD
Sat., Oct 27 @Texas A&M 2:00 PM ET
Sat., Nov 3 Nebraska TBD
Sat., Nov 10 @Oklahoma State 1:00 PM ET
Sat., Nov 17 Iowa State 1:00 PM ET
Sat., Nov 24 Missouri

Seems if they beat Missouri they have a shot at it!

josh09
10/8/2007, 12:55 AM
Naw, id say Colorado, Mizzou, and maybe Nebbers beat em.

BASSooner
10/8/2007, 12:57 AM
nebbers won't beat em.

colorado will be a good one.

mizzou will handle them easily

They are a decent team though. they are the best that KU has had in a while.

goingoneight
10/8/2007, 12:58 AM
Consistency is a major problem at Kansas. Always has been, always will be. I would not be surprised in the least to see them drop a shocking loss soon. However, it is nice to see Mangino doing something besides saying "we're getting better." Usually when a coach has to say that, he's not winning anything.

Crucifax Autumn
10/8/2007, 01:01 AM
For OU's purposes I hope they beat everyone bu CU and Mizzou

Salt City Sooner
10/8/2007, 01:06 AM
I can't help but wonder if they screwed the pooch for a few bucks. They gave up a home game against Mizzou for some extra dough to have it at Arrowhead.

adoniijahsooner
10/8/2007, 01:06 AM
I watched them play yesterday, and even though they won their qb looks very erratic at times. I dont think they will beat Mizzou or CU.

SoonerKnight
10/8/2007, 01:13 AM
I don't think Colorado is all that great and the corny or carny folks in Nebbish are not that good. Missouri seems like they choke and choke well! I also think that if they do lose it's still impressive that they actually turned that program around. I think that if OU clobbers Missouri then they lose another game later in the year. I just don't have much stalk in a team that they have been saying is good all these years but can't deliver. I personally would like to see Colorado in the Big XII CCG because I live in Colorado and they are still talking ****!!!! By the way how do you tell your boss to STFU without getting in trouble?

Also KU was able to beat KSU in little Manhatten and this is the team that put the hurt on McCoy. I just find it suprising.

yermom
10/8/2007, 01:55 AM
they don't play Texas or OU

Nebraska has to play @Kansas and @Texas

Mizzou has to play us

i think Kansas has a very good shot at winning the North. it's probably best if they win out if we do, then our SOS gets better if we beat them in the CCG

i guess we'll see how CU does in The Little Apple and Lubbock

ouflak
10/8/2007, 06:54 AM
This was the team I put my vmoney on (to win the North division), so I guess I think they are for vreal.

PLaw
10/8/2007, 07:39 AM
They're better than last year, but not a world beater by any stretch. I'm happy for Coach Magino.

BOOMER
PLaw

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
10/8/2007, 07:50 AM
For OUr sake we need CU to win out and make it to the CCG as they will be ranked at the end of the year, as of right now they look to be # 27 in the Coaches poll. If they win out and we do as well, then the rematch is on, and they can feel the wrath of OUr offense, b/c if they dont Wilson needs to lose his job.......

No calling off the dogs this time turn em lose and just sit back with a beer and some snacks and enjoy!!!!!!

David Earl
10/8/2007, 07:52 AM
I think KU will win the North. Mizzou may beat them, but Mizzou has a tougher South schedule.

Curly Bill
10/8/2007, 11:13 AM
Nope, they are after all: Kansas.

I wouldn't mind having Mangino back though.

Ash
10/8/2007, 11:16 AM
Their early schedule wasn't really a challenge, but beating a pretty good KSU team at home has to count for something.

Collier11
10/8/2007, 11:17 AM
After they were putting a lot of points on their opponents and now they actually beat a ranked team that had put the hurt on the short horns I think they will be in the BigXII CCG. I may be wrong but check out their schedule:

Sat., Oct 13 Baylor W
Oct 20 @Colorado L
Sat., Oct 27 @Texas A&M Toss-up
Sat., Nov 3 Nebraska W
Sat., Nov 10 @Oklahoma State Toss-up
Sat., Nov 17 Iowa State W
Sat., Nov 24 Missouri L

Seems if they beat Missouri they have a shot at it!

I see them winning 8-9 which would be a great year for KU and they have a shot at 10 if they can win on the road at all

douxpaysan
10/8/2007, 11:43 AM
On a sad note...After the K-State game several players attempted to carry Coach off the field...five massive hernias and a still missing player later, the move was stymied. These are the type of injuries that Kansas must avoid.:P Beat Mizzery

MextheBulldog
10/8/2007, 11:47 AM
Their early schedule wasn't really a challenge, but beating a pretty good KSU team at home has to count for something.

Yep, rivalry game win on the road after the Cats big win in Austin = respect.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/8/2007, 11:49 AM
I would guess KU will lose 2 of their road games, ideally not at OSU. I like them to beat MU in Lawrence though. I could see them at 6-2 and possibly in the CCG with a tiebreaker. Depends on if Colo gets 3 losses.

I don't think KU is a top 15 team but possibly about 20-22 or so. That would be for real in my book.

OklaUalum
10/8/2007, 11:49 AM
NO. and. no.

Went and did the homework. And still, nol

Other than K-state, here's the teams that KU has beaten.
SE Louisiana (2-3), Toledo (2-4), Central Michigan (3-3), and Fla Int'l (0-5). Combined (7-15)
some of the powerhouses these teams have beaten? Kentucky Weslean, Tulane, Western Michigan, Mt. Pleasant, and Northern Illionois.

Yep. KU's for real. NOT! Start bragging when you've taken a few a least decent teams on, not the sisters of the poor.

Collier11
10/8/2007, 11:54 AM
Yep. KU's for real. NOT! Start bragging when you've taken a few a least decent teams on, not the sisters of the poor.

While I agree that their schedule is weak thus far, they did what an up and coming program is supposed to do which is beat the teams on their schedule and beat them handily. I dont think it proves they are great by any means but I also dont think it proves that they arent any good. Winning at K.st is a big win, they are def. a Top 20-25 team IMO

MextheBulldog
10/8/2007, 11:56 AM
NO. and. no.

SE Louisiana (2-3), Toledo (2-4), Central Michigan (3-3), and Fla Int'l (0-5). Combined (7-15)
some of the powerhouses these teams have beaten? Kentucky Weslean, Tulane, Western Michigan, Mt. Pleasant, and Northern Illionois.

I will agree they played some major creampuffs, but to write them off is underestimating the opponent. They got something, not top 10 something, but they got something.

And in a year when 41 point favorite SUC loses to Stanford, a win is a win is a win.

stoopified
10/8/2007, 12:14 PM
I was not a believer but after the KSU game I haveto say Ithink they COULD be the 2nd best team in the North behind Missou.Right now I rank the North like this:

Missou
KU-CU(2T)
KSU
NU
ISU

Seems like the more games NU plays the worse they get.

GottaHavePride
10/8/2007, 01:07 PM
KU will have tough games vs. Mizzou and at Colorado, but every game on their schedule is winnable.

I've been saying since the season started that KU vs. Mizzou might decide the North.

Cam
10/8/2007, 09:10 PM
I've been saying since the season started that KU vs. Mizzou might decide the North.
Heh. Did you ever think you'd be hearing yourself say that when you were growing up? I sure as hell didn't.

bluedogok
10/8/2007, 09:15 PM
NO. and. no.

Well...Stanford only had one win (San Jose State) before beating USC in LA.
The way games are going this year nothing would surprise me.

CtheB
10/8/2007, 09:27 PM
I think the Silly Birds may have found a new sport to disappoint them.

Soonerfan1993
10/12/2007, 02:15 AM
Yes they are for real they actually have a QB this year.

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 02:36 AM
And in past years every snap was bobbled with no one back there to take it!