PDA

View Full Version : dishwasher knowledgeable peeps

Mongo
10/7/2007, 10:26 PM
mine gave out. I smacked her around a couple of times, but she wont wash anymore.

I need a new one. I was thinking stainless.

Any brands to stay away from?

TIA

Turd_Ferguson
10/7/2007, 10:36 PM
ACME.

StuIsTheMan
10/7/2007, 10:40 PM
Black ones are bad luck...I'd beat the one ya got for a little while longer first...just to be sure...

GottaHavePride
10/7/2007, 10:44 PM
Stainless interior is more important than stainless exterior.

Oh, and the two-drawer ones are pretty sweet, but you have to pay attention to the directions and use them right. Otherwise (according to Installer Guy) they can develop problems with the seals and leak everywhere.

Mongo
10/7/2007, 10:46 PM
Stainless interior is more important than stainless exterior.

Oh, and the two-drawer ones are pretty sweet, but you have to pay attention to the directions and use them right. Otherwise (according to Installer Guy) they can develop problems with the seals and leak everywhere.

yep, I want the stainless interior.

Those drawer ones are fargin expensive though, but they are sweet

Mongo
10/7/2007, 10:47 PM
and thank you GHP for taking this thread serious, unlike these other immature peoples:D

GottaHavePride
10/7/2007, 10:50 PM
Heh. My parents just got one of the double-drawer ones. Pretty slick, especially since there aren't that many people in the house anymore and they don't cook as much.

bluedogok
10/7/2007, 10:52 PM
It all depends on what you want to spend. We bought a stainless finish, plastic tub Frigidaire to replace the 30 year old harvest gold Kenmore that was in the house when my wife bought it. We plan on moving in a few years so we weren't going to get something like we want to put into the house we build like a Bosch or Fisher & Paykel. Frigidaire has some good prices on the cheaper stainless appliances and have been pretty decent if you aren't looking long term.

Mongo
10/7/2007, 10:53 PM
Heh. My parents just got one of the double-drawer ones. Pretty slick, especially since there aren't that many people in the house anymore and they don't cook as much.

The wife unit wants one cause she is always washing baby bottles and baby stuff, but it hardly makes a full load.

But i cant justify spending that much

GottaHavePride
10/7/2007, 10:55 PM
We plan on moving in a few years so we weren't going to get something like we want to put into the house we build like a Bosch or Fisher & Paykel.

That's the brand my parents got. Couldn't remember the name.

Mongo
10/7/2007, 11:22 PM
d00d, i have no idea what you are talking about.

this post is worthless

StuIsTheMan
10/7/2007, 11:24 PM
this thread is worthless

Fixed YWIA...

OCUDad
10/7/2007, 11:24 PM
Stainless interior = loud. We have the Fisher & Paykel Dish Drawers and they were worth every penny. Also use a lot less water and detergent than most any other kind. Plastic interiors, very quiet.

Mongo
10/7/2007, 11:28 PM
Stainless interior = loud. We have the Fisher & Paykel Dish Drawers and they were worth every penny. Also use a lot less water and detergent than most any other kind. Plastic interiors, very quiet.

my inlaws got a GE, stainless interior. I used to be able to sneak into the kitchen and fart due to the noise of the old DW, not so much now

critical_phil
10/7/2007, 11:28 PM
my dishwasher is a Consuela model - straight from Costa Rica.

it also wipes down the counters, moves the laundry over, vacuums the living room, and scrubs the tubs and toilets once a week.

OCUDad
10/7/2007, 11:30 PM
my dishwasher is a Consuela model - straight from Costa Rica.Does it come with an INS warranty?

Mongo
10/7/2007, 11:31 PM
my dishwasher is a Consuela model - straight from Costa Rica.

it also wipes down the counters, moves the laundry over, vacuums the living room, and scrubs the tubs and toilets once a week.

I dont support illegal dishwashers. The border wall needs to go up to keep out illegal appliances

StuIsTheMan
10/7/2007, 11:33 PM
There goes my lawn mower then...damn have to go get one of those Russian models then

critical_phil
10/7/2007, 11:37 PM
Does it come with an INS warranty?

yeah, she's completely legal.

she breezed through the application process, except her purse had been stolen and she didn't have her driver's license or social security card. they must've changed some things recently because her SSN only had six numbers.

also, she has nine exemptions on her W-4.

soonerboomer93
10/8/2007, 03:15 AM
My parents have a f& p dish drawer, it's greatness. It's just them so it's perfect. Did have it leak 1 time, but i think it didn't seal properly because something inside was a bit too tall.

Newbomb Turk
10/8/2007, 07:24 AM
We have a Maytag that just put us through a bunch of crap because of a recall. Had to deal with their customer service people several times and they were horrible. We've also had problems with our Maytag fridge - I'm never buying Maytag stuff agin.

Boarder
10/8/2007, 10:46 AM
Get an energy star one, better for the environment. Bosch has some with an Eco setting now that saves energy and water. And, Bosch are so quiet you have to have a light on them to make sure they're on.

There's a forum called the Garden Web or something like that that always has a good discussion on dishwashers. And other appliances for that matter.

frankensooner
10/8/2007, 11:00 AM
You can get a good deal sometimes down at the Home Depot. Just inside the exit door at ours, they have open box items and often times it is the high end stuff, plus they are marked way down.

Mongo
10/8/2007, 11:18 AM
Get an energy star one, better for the environment. Bosch has some with an Eco setting now that saves energy and water. And, Bosch are so quiet you have to have a light on them to make sure they're on.

There's a forum called the Garden Web or something like that that always has a good discussion on dishwashers. And other appliances for that matter.

A hippy that is concerned with the enviroment, who also drives a monster truck seems odd:D

We always make sure to get energy star rated appliances. Plus, Lowe's is giving 10% off of the energy star ones today

Boarder
10/8/2007, 11:25 AM
It's a diesel that gets better mileage and has a ton of emissions stuff. My hipocracy goes only so far.

OUDoc
10/8/2007, 11:28 AM
I got a $400 GE from Lowe's about 2 years ago. Quiet and works great.

frankensooner
10/8/2007, 11:35 AM
Doc and I gots the same dishwasher! Works good and is quiet. It was easy to install too!

Mongo
10/8/2007, 01:13 PM
It's a diesel that gets better mileage and has a ton of emissions stuff. My hipocracy goes only so far.

just funnin' with you:D

I got the Bosch, too good of a deal to pass up

Boarder
10/8/2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I forgot the smiley. :D

It's hard to switch over from redneck to hippie. Lots of changes required.

OUDoc
10/8/2007, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I forgot the smiley. :D

It's hard to switch over from redneck to hippie. Lots of changes required.
No shaving or bathing either way.

Boarder
10/8/2007, 02:12 PM
See, that's not one of the changes.