PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Lid; Re: Avatar bet :)

badger
10/7/2007, 09:07 PM
Hello, TexasLidig8r. Surely you recall our little bet. For those of you reading out there who do not, here it is once again:

After OU wins:
1- I, badger, will provide you, TexasLidig8r, with an avatar that will be appropriate for the audience here. That means, it won't be NSFW. However, as the whorn logo looks kind of like deformed panties, perhaps something can be worked out if...

Texas should be so lucky:
2- You, TexasLidig8r, will provide me, badger, with an avatar that will be appropriate for the audience here, so safe for work, no unedited profanity, etc.

The new avatar must be posted by Wednesday after RRS, or Oct. 10. The new avatar must be displayed by Friday, or Oct. 12, the day before the RRS hangover game. The new avatar shall take place of any other avatars for badger or TexasLidig8r for two weeks, or Oct. 12-26. This will provide appropriate shame for the losing party.

I will change my sig to remind everyone on the board of said bet and will PM you following the Sooner victory aka RRS. (RRR? Whatev, "Red River Rivalry" is a stupid name and I like RRS better!) There will be no method of enforcement, other than a "gentlemen's agreement" between a Texan and a badger... who isn't a gentleman, but has definitely lost these bets before to Herr. M'kay?
However, realizing that you have put up with WAY too much trash during your time here during our friendly rivalry week (or have you?) I will not endure you to even more trash... then any reasonable Sooner fan would.

I am going to be nice, giving you a choice of cheeky avatars, ones that a friendly whorn like yourself wouldn't mind keeping after the mandatory two week period. However, realizing that I have no way of enforcing said bet, this is simply a "gentleman's agreement" between a texan and a badger, so take it as you will.

Your trophy room will feel empty, not just because of a lack of championship trophies under Mack, but because after two years, something is missing:
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1664/avatar1dc5.jpg

But it is not TEXAS' fault that there is an absence of trophies there. The blame lies not on refs and the four missing seconds, or even the costly turnovers. No, you will have an excuse should you choose this avatar:
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3459/avatar2qy6.jpg

You used to win occasional championships, you used to contend for Heisman trophies. Things are so awful in Texas that you miss the good ol' days, when you didn't lose to KSU every year, when you had a decent quarterback. Should you choose this avatar, people will recognize it not only for it's distinct
"lid," but also, for the thoughts of every whorn fan:
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3701/avatar3wy2.jpg
But perhaps you are a whorn fan who thought Colt was the second coming of Favre, Vince Young and every other awesome quarterback you can name after that astounding freshman season... minus the last two conference games... we have an avatar bound to be a favorite among whorns until he graduates:
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/9624/avatar4qo1.jpg
But regardless of what the score was, or who won, you can smirk back at Sooners by reminding them that they indeed aren't more of a rival to them than they are to us, because our real rival is OSU, riiiiiight? Right.
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9691/avatar5mu7.jpg

Your choice :D Pleasure bettin' with ya, and I look forward to future bettin' in other seasons ;) Don't let Baylor or ISU get ya down now :)

(yes, I'm all smiles)

SoonerTerry
10/7/2007, 09:31 PM
HEH

Sooner_Havok
10/7/2007, 09:34 PM
I may steal that first one if Lid doesn't take it.

King Crimson
10/7/2007, 09:39 PM
oh, Lid takes it. usually after grabbing his ankles.

tommieharris91
10/7/2007, 10:07 PM
Don't mind if I steal one, either.

badger
10/7/2007, 10:15 PM
Anyone may claim avatars that Lid does not. However, let Lid have first pick and leave the remaining four... in honor of the four seconds the refs took from texas ;)

GottaHavePride
10/7/2007, 10:18 PM
Oh man, I remember being on the bus down to College Station with the Pride in 2000. We had two guys make a huge sign with the aTm logo on it. As people drove past and saw the sign they'd start cheering, and then the guys would fold out the two E panels, turning the sign into a big EaTmE.

Most of the aggies laughed.

That gag may actually have been better than the pair of signs we used on the way to OU/TX.

"Give us a Hook 'Em Horns!"

Then when they did we'd put up the second sign:

"... if you're GAY."

badger
10/7/2007, 10:34 PM
For those of you watching the PACKERS (bears) game, I just wanted to say that I would hate Cedric Benson even if he wasn't a whorn at wheart.

DON'T CHEER FOR DA BEARS - THE SOONERS ARE ALL PRETTY MUCH INJURED THAT PLAY FOR THEM, ANYWAYS!

47straight
10/7/2007, 10:48 PM
Picking the last one would be the knee-jerk reaction of the horn frat-boy set, but the most insulting to one like Lid.

TexasLidig8r
10/8/2007, 07:50 AM
Decisions.. decisions.. the gold hat or the lid off.. the gold hat or the lid off... what is a person to do... hmmmm.....

Let's go with....

the gold hat... subtle.. understating. . . a bit.. biting... just like.

Me..

:D

Stitch Face
10/8/2007, 09:09 AM
the gold hat... subtle.. understating. . . a bit.. biting... just like.

Me..

:D

You definitely bite.

badger
10/8/2007, 09:19 AM
Excellent choice! I know a few Sooners were hoping for that one if you didn't choose it. Now that you have chosen the hat one, I must reveal MY new avatar, hehe :D
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4938/bajhatgo9.jpg
I found your hat! ;)

PS: If anyone wants any of the other avatars, they are free game.

TexasLidig8r
10/8/2007, 09:30 AM
Done and done... Now to send that thing down to the Old Man in Tampa!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

badger
10/8/2007, 09:39 AM
Done and done... Now to send that thing down to the Old Man in Tampa!

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Cheer up! Your season's not over! Just half-over... but unfortunately, your opponents are no longer named "Rice" or "UCF." :D:D:D

Sooner_Havok
10/8/2007, 06:22 PM
Cheer up! Your season's not over! Just half-over... but unfortunately, your opponents are no longer named "Rice" or "UCF." :D:D:D

Yeah, they are named Baylor and OSWHO, looks like the hard part is now over for saxeT!:P