PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone hear Stoops tonight?

oupride
10/7/2007, 08:00 PM
Did he give injury status on the team particularly AP and I was wondering if he speculated maybe why the field goal was missed near the end of the game?

OUHOMER
10/7/2007, 08:02 PM
his show is just now starting

yermom
10/7/2007, 08:02 PM
Hartley missed one right in front of us before the game as well

he didn't seem to have much leg on the kickoffs either. i'd say he was having an off day

OUHOMER
10/7/2007, 08:04 PM
I hear his girl friend is an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. So i am blaming her for his weak legs :D

OUmillenium
10/7/2007, 08:05 PM
I noticed the ame yermom.

How bout Ryan Reynolds. Hasn't looked very fast for 2 games in a row and yesterday he left the field with some type of shoulder injury?

Boomer Sooner baby

Sooner_Havok
10/7/2007, 08:09 PM
My guess is Hartley is still feeling some pain from his injury earlier this year when he pulled his groin making a tackle. His kicks haven't been deep since then.

oupride
10/7/2007, 08:22 PM
My guess is Hartley is still feeling some pain from his injury earlier this year when he pulled his groin making a tackle.
Thanks Havok! I had forgotten that! I was wondering why he seems to be in a slump.

PLaw
10/7/2007, 08:23 PM
Hartley missed one right in front of us before the game as well

he didn't seem to have much leg on the kickoffs either. i'd say he was having an off day

Didn't GH get dinged up a little against CU??

BOOMER
PLaw

critical_phil
10/7/2007, 08:48 PM
My guess is Hartley is still feeling some pain from his injury earlier this year when he pulled his groin making a tackle. His kicks haven't been deep since then.

his tackling was in top form yesterday.

OUmillenium
10/7/2007, 08:54 PM
Thank goodness

SOONER STEAKER
10/7/2007, 08:56 PM
AP had cramps and is te reason why he didn't play much in the 2nd half.

Sooner_Havok
10/7/2007, 09:02 PM
I thought it was because he went outside to get teh cheeze bergur.

Remembering Tom Stidham
10/7/2007, 09:48 PM
Why did we even try a field goal at the end of the game? Still strikes me as dumb and dangerous.

oilmud
10/7/2007, 09:56 PM
Why did we even try a field goal at the end of the game? Still strikes me as dumb and dangerous.

Would love to hear a suitable alternative.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/7/2007, 10:00 PM

As would I, given Hartley hits 'em in pre-gme from 60 and then some, not to mention a successful attempt would've made it a two score game.

SCOUT
10/7/2007, 10:04 PM
I hear his girl friend is an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. So i am blaming her for his weak legs :D
Yeah, kickers always get all the chicks. Its just the way of the world.

Curly Bill
10/7/2007, 10:07 PM

We had a chance to go up by two scores with time running out on a very makeable FG. If you're only up one score lots of bad things can happen such as a Hail Mary to send it into OT, or worse yet: I could envision Saxet scoring and going for two and the win.

So I applaud the move, but was shocked to see GH miss it.

Doged
10/7/2007, 10:10 PM

I'd also be interested to hear your alternative. I'd think making it a 2 score game would be the smart play, but maybe I'm missing something?

goingoneight
10/7/2007, 10:14 PM
The FG would have covered the spread... Vegas is pretty good most of the time. I was thinking "I'll be damned, Vegas" when we were in the position to make it 31-21. Oh, well... better to get the W than not.

GottaHavePride
10/7/2007, 10:14 PM
I thought it was totally the right call, and was shocked when Hartley missed it.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 10:15 PM
We shoulda pulled a catoonish 4th down play where we ran around playing keep-away in the backfield until time ran out!

Yeah...anything but trying the field goal woulda been dumb. And it tells me Hartley's just struggling a bit, not suffering any truly bad injury problems or we'd have pulled a fake or something.

kevpks
10/7/2007, 10:22 PM
We shoulda pulled a catoonish 4th down play where we ran around playing keep-away in the backfield until time ran out!

That would have been great. We could have run the highlight with the Benny Hill music in the background.

FtwTxSooner
10/7/2007, 10:24 PM
That missed field goal cost me $$$ in an office pool. If we would have won by 10, I would have collected. He needs to get his stuff together in a hurry.

oupride
10/7/2007, 10:34 PM
I thought it was totally the right call, and was shocked when Hartley missed it.
ditto

yermom
10/8/2007, 02:26 AM

too much time on the clock, and the clock was stopped from Texas's time out

if we run a play on 4th and don't convert, the clock stops for the change of possession. the FG was the safest play, and if he makes it, it's basically out of reach

CitySooner
10/8/2007, 07:15 AM
It would have been the absolute perfect time to run a fake. Could you have imagined the look on Mack Brown's face if we scored on that! It would have been priceless!

Paperclip
10/8/2007, 10:46 AM
We need to be able to make a 38 yard field goal.

oilmud
10/8/2007, 12:10 PM

Still waiting...............................:pop:

stoopified
10/8/2007, 12:21 PM
I hear his girl friend is an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. So i am blaming her for his weak legs :DNow the shorter KOs and missed FGs make sense. :D For the good of the team I volunteer to TAKE CARE of the lady while Hartley concentrates on football. :)

OklaPony
10/8/2007, 12:27 PM
Well, you're right about one thing anyway... she is, in my opinion, absolutely gorgeous.

...or worse yet: I could envision Saxet scoring and going for two and the win.
Ummm... on what planet do you envision this happening? Your scenario assumes Mack has the cajones for that type of call. Somehow I have trouble seeing this as a realistic possibility. :D

picasso
10/8/2007, 12:35 PM
why continue to kick to Cosby? Try the other fella.