PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody have a screenshot of....

Shneeg11
10/7/2007, 07:06 PM
Bradford giving the hook 'em whorns sign to the defensive end that hit him when he threw the touchdown pass to kelly?

BASSooner
10/7/2007, 07:24 PM
up or down?

Shneeg11
10/7/2007, 07:34 PM
down

EnidHighSooner
10/7/2007, 07:58 PM
bump, i want to see it. someone post it

AzianSooner
10/7/2007, 08:29 PM
He showed right after he walked up and run toward Kelly. Also I saw English and Gressham did that.

Shneeg11
10/7/2007, 09:06 PM
Ya, I saw English and Gresham flashin the horns down, but didn't see Sam's...

handcrafted
10/7/2007, 09:25 PM
MK did it right in the whornfans faces after the last TD.

Animal Mother
10/7/2007, 09:38 PM
Check out this "unbiased" report from the Dallas Morning Snooze. Apparently, UT sits in the endzone, at least for Gresham's first td. I'd say the guy is a longhorn. Please notice the Vince reference. What a sniffer.

Written by Tim McMahon
[email protected]
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texas/stories/100707dnspochatter.38d623b.html

View from Interstate 30 not good
Bumper-to-bumper traffic puts crimp in pre-game plans
12:33 AM CDT on Sunday, October 7, 2007

My assignment was to capture the unique pregame atmosphere of the Red River Rivalry. My interpretation of this was sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic for a couple of hours.
This wasn't quite what my bosses had in mind. They were expecting neat little anecdotes about the sights and sounds of the State Fair.
Well, I did snicker when I saw a full BEER ONLY line at the Granny's Funnel Cakes stand while I was hustling into the Cotton Bowl. Other than that, consider this column a complete failure.
Thanks for continuing to read.
Oh, about the traffic. Nothing like watching two truckloads roll side by side for a half-hour, hollering at each other while exchanging silly hand symbols, moving all of a mile the whole time.
Someone please explain to me why slamming Texas is such a way of life for Sooners fans. They throw the Horns Down sign at every opportunity. They have the matching bumper stickers and T-shirts. At least the KEEP NORMAN NORMAL T-shirt was a creative shot at UT.
I get the passion of the rivalry. But you'd think a program with such proud history wouldn't want to incorporate its rival into so many traditions and so much merchandise.
Aggies, feel free to chime in on this issue.
For NBA fans only: One positive thing about sitting in traffic for so long was that I got to listen to the Ben and Skin Show on The Ticket.
The show was a little light on Red River Rivalry analysis and heavy on Tex-Mex food discussion. But I'll let Barry Horn handle the media critiques.
I believe it was Skin who came up with this classic line: "Mark Cuban is paying half of Jermichael Finley's tuition to Texas."
I feel like I owe college football enthusiasts who aren't MFFLs an explanation. You see, it's a play off Michael Finley, who managed to earn a championship ring with the Spurs while being the highest-paid guy on the Mavericks' payroll.
On to serious football matters.
Tyler Rose would have run him over: I enjoyed reading colleague Chuck Carlton's heartwarming tale of the bond that has formed between Longhorn legend Earl Campbell and current UT tailback Jamaal Charles.
I can only imagine what The Tyler Rose was thinking after Charles managed to get tackled by the umpire.
It was far from a textbook tackle. The ref clumsily tried to get out of Charles' way on a short pass across the middle and tripped the tailback.
No way Campbell would have gone down on that play. The umpire would probably still be picking blades of grass out of his teeth if he got in the hard-running Heisman Trophy winner's way. They just don't make UT tailbacks as tough as they used to.
What's really wrong with UT: You can point to turnovers, a lack of a power running game or a lot of other things to try to explain how the mighty Longhorns are 0-2 in Big 12 action.
Or you can chalk it up to karma.
Vince Young's No. 10 ought to be retired. After all, the dude delivered the Longhorns' only national championship of my lifetime.
Maybe you think it's too soon to honor Young in such a way. But two UT freshmen – WR James Kirkendoll and LB Keenan Robinson – are wearing No. 10. Nothing against those guys, but the football gods are obviously frowning on this development.
TE needs to tone it down: OU's Jermaine Gresham, a 6-5, 263-pound sophomore with amazing athleticism, is a phenomenal tight end prospect. He's going to score a whole bunch of touchdowns, so somebody needs to talk to the young man about celebrating with style.
Gresham followed up a Horns Down symbol by making a throat-slashing gesture toward the UT bench after his first touchdown Saturday. The throat slash is tasteless under any circumstances. It's especially lame when it happens with a one-score lead in the first quarter.
Gresham celebrated his second TD with an equally played-out but much classier move – showing off the SOONERS on the front of his jersey with a thumb tug.

A Sooner in Texas
10/7/2007, 09:55 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/view.gal?id=16539&template=player_gallery

Excellent shot of Malcolm doin' the double down.

Jewstin
10/7/2007, 11:50 PM
Didn't realize Greshman had made the sloat thrashing gesture ... that's kind of whacky. Still, though, I only care when it's Callahan doing it. ;)

Sooner_Havok
10/7/2007, 11:52 PM
Didn't realize Greshman had made the sloat thrashing gesture ... that's kind of whacky. Still, though, I only care when it's Callahan doing it. ;)

Man, I need conclusive video evidence before I admit that he did it!

silverwheels
10/7/2007, 11:54 PM

He didn't.

OK2LA
10/8/2007, 12:06 AM
He didn't.

Yeah, it's kinda unclear. It's on his first td catch - he gives the upsidedown hook-em, and then he did a movement that could've been a throat slash, or just pointing to "Sooners" on his chest, because on his second td he was more deliberate about the pointing to "Sooners", so I'm not so sure it was the throat slash.

Crucifax Autumn
10/8/2007, 12:08 AM
The horns down thing is awesome though...Out of Bradford anyway, that's why I'm so glad to have an Okie QB, Okie QBs get it and know what it means.

StoopTroup
10/8/2007, 12:09 AM
Who freaking cares if it was a throat slash....

It was the RRSO!

The Grandaddy of them all ! ! ! :D

:pop:

josh09
10/8/2007, 12:14 AM
Check out this "unbiased" report from the Dallas Morning Snooze. Apparently, UT sits in the endzone, at least for Gresham's first td. I'd say the guy is a longhorn. Please notice the Vince reference. What a sniffer.

Written by Tim McMahon
[email protected]
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texas/stories/100707dnspochatter.38d623b.html

View from Interstate 30 not good
Bumper-to-bumper traffic puts crimp in pre-game plans
12:33 AM CDT on Sunday, October 7, 2007

My assignment was to capture the unique pregame atmosphere of the Red River Rivalry. My interpretation of this was sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic for a couple of hours.
This wasn't quite what my bosses had in mind. They were expecting neat little anecdotes about the sights and sounds of the State Fair.
Well, I did snicker when I saw a full BEER ONLY line at the Granny's Funnel Cakes stand while I was hustling into the Cotton Bowl. Other than that, consider this column a complete failure.
Thanks for continuing to read.
Oh, about the traffic. Nothing like watching two truckloads roll side by side for a half-hour, hollering at each other while exchanging silly hand symbols, moving all of a mile the whole time.
Someone please explain to me why slamming Texas is such a way of life for Sooners fans. They throw the Horns Down sign at every opportunity. They have the matching bumper stickers and T-shirts. At least the KEEP NORMAN NORMAL T-shirt was a creative shot at UT.
I get the passion of the rivalry. But you'd think a program with such proud history wouldn't want to incorporate its rival into so many traditions and so much merchandise.
Aggies, feel free to chime in on this issue.
For NBA fans only: One positive thing about sitting in traffic for so long was that I got to listen to the Ben and Skin Show on The Ticket.
The show was a little light on Red River Rivalry analysis and heavy on Tex-Mex food discussion. But I'll let Barry Horn handle the media critiques.
I believe it was Skin who came up with this classic line: "Mark Cuban is paying half of Jermichael Finley's tuition to Texas."
I feel like I owe college football enthusiasts who aren't MFFLs an explanation. You see, it's a play off Michael Finley, who managed to earn a championship ring with the Spurs while being the highest-paid guy on the Mavericks' payroll.
On to serious football matters.
Tyler Rose would have run him over: I enjoyed reading colleague Chuck Carlton's heartwarming tale of the bond that has formed between Longhorn legend Earl Campbell and current UT tailback Jamaal Charles.
I can only imagine what The Tyler Rose was thinking after Charles managed to get tackled by the umpire.
It was far from a textbook tackle. The ref clumsily tried to get out of Charles' way on a short pass across the middle and tripped the tailback.
No way Campbell would have gone down on that play. The umpire would probably still be picking blades of grass out of his teeth if he got in the hard-running Heisman Trophy winner's way. They just don't make UT tailbacks as tough as they used to.
What's really wrong with UT: You can point to turnovers, a lack of a power running game or a lot of other things to try to explain how the mighty Longhorns are 0-2 in Big 12 action.
Or you can chalk it up to karma.
Vince Young's No. 10 ought to be retired. After all, the dude delivered the Longhorns' only national championship of my lifetime.
Maybe you think it's too soon to honor Young in such a way. But two UT freshmen – WR James Kirkendoll and LB Keenan Robinson – are wearing No. 10. Nothing against those guys, but the football gods are obviously frowning on this development.
TE needs to tone it down: OU's Jermaine Gresham, a 6-5, 263-pound sophomore with amazing athleticism, is a phenomenal tight end prospect. He's going to score a whole bunch of touchdowns, so somebody needs to talk to the young man about celebrating with style.
Gresham followed up a Horns Down symbol by making a throat-slashing gesture toward the UT bench after his first touchdown Saturday. The throat slash is tasteless under any circumstances. It's especially lame when it happens with a one-score lead in the first quarter.
Gresham celebrated his second TD with an equally played-out but much classier move – showing off the SOONERS on the front of his jersey with a thumb tug.

Yea i read this this morning.

Definately a whorn fan, no question.

Crucifax Autumn
10/8/2007, 12:16 AM
Yea i read this this morning.

Definately a moron, no question.

Fixed

Jewstin
10/8/2007, 12:17 AM
He didn't.

I said the same thing till I looked at the rest of the pictures on soonersports.com. There's one specific picture of Greshman in the midst of making it, which I noticed right after I had posted ... so, I immediately edited my post to reflect that. =O

Not that it really matters.

Shneeg11
10/8/2007, 12:20 AM
He really didn't do the throat slash, there was a video on the fsn highlights i believe, and it was looking at Gresham from the front and he moved his thumb across the top of "SOONERS" on his jersey

josh09
10/8/2007, 12:22 AM
Fixed

I think whorn fan and moron usually go hand in hand :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/8/2007, 12:29 AM
That's pretty much my thought too!

Jewstin
10/8/2007, 01:02 AM
Wow, so I just watched the soonersports.com highlights, and on that play, Gresham definitely wasn't making a throat slash. He was most assuredly highlighting the 'Sooners' on his jersey. The still photo on soonersports makes it look different, but he definitely wasn't throat slashing at all.

Sooo, moot point anyways, cheerfully withdrawn!

The guy who wrote that article is still a schmuck.

Doged
10/8/2007, 01:48 AM
Gotta' love that shot of Gresham making like Godzilla charging in on McCoy. :D

RacerX
10/8/2007, 06:38 AM
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1005/kellyhornsdownrb7.jpg

setem
10/8/2007, 07:35 PM
Gotta' love that shot of Gresham making like Godzilla charging in on McCoy. :D

That was Rescue Granger not Gresham...that was a pretty wicked awesome play though!

Blue
10/8/2007, 07:42 PM
What the dip**** writer doesn't get is that is THE weekend to display that sign. Anywhere else I agree, but you're in in Dallas at OU/texas jack-hole!