PDA

View Full Version : Will Nebraska have their 1st losing season since '61

stoopified
10/7/2007, 06:15 PM
this year?Watching Callenberger and the Haples Huskers last night made me ponder this question.They are currently 4-2 but have games upcoming against KU,KSU,oSu,UT,CU,aTm,ALL of whom can beat this Husker team and its sorry D.Huskers have to win 2 more games to avoid this but NONE of their remaining foes are gimmes.It is hard to fathom that a 46 year streak of .500 and acbove records may well fall.

Followup question is would the resulting fallout cost Callenberger and the NU AD(can't think of his name) their jobs?

BASSooner
10/7/2007, 06:19 PM
the only way that nebraska will become one of the elite is if they fire their athletic director and find a new one who will find a better coach

King Crimson
10/7/2007, 06:25 PM
they won't go under .500.

they might be representing the Big XII in the Insight.com Bowl, however. breakout year for Callahan and Keller. heh.

Keller is a big upgrade from Zac Taylor, eh bugeaters? the latter could at least manage a game and make a big throw on 3rd down.

silverwheels
10/7/2007, 06:30 PM
They went 5-6 in 2004, so no, this wouldn't be their first losing season since '61 if it were to happen.

stoopified
10/7/2007, 06:43 PM
They went 5-6 in 2004, so no, this wouldn't be their first losing season since '61 if it were to happen.
For some reason I thought Callenbergers first team was 6-5 not 5-6.Still if he takes a nosedive to below .500 for the second time in three years, he and the AD should be history.KC if you think they are going to go at least 2-4 the rest of the way,you have more faith in the Bugeaters than I do.Even if they go 6-6 and go to a bowl they could still end up 6-7.

BTW KC who do see them beating?

King Crimson
10/7/2007, 06:47 PM
i don't necessarily see them beating team x or y, i just don't think they'll lose all those games. as you say, 2-4 is all they need to play the Houston Bowl.

i don't think they are THAT bad. but, i could be wrong.

I do know that CU will be licking their chops to get a scuffling Bugeaters in Boulder.

SoonerEmpire
10/7/2007, 06:49 PM
It's really a tragic thing. NU's AD Steve Pederson and Bill Callahan have completely ruined the Nebraska program. I can't figure out, for the life of me, why they would give Callahan a contract extension like they did earlier this year. Sometimes I wonder if Pederson secretly hates NU and now that he's the AD, he's ruining it on purpose.

Okay, so I know that's probably not the case, but sometimes I can't help but wonder. They're definitely going through their own version of the Blake/Schnelly years with Callahan. They fire Frank Solich - a guy who dedicated most of his life to Nebraska for this guy? What a joke!

Nebraska's situation is hard to watch. They're my second favorite team next to my beloved Sooners. Their school colors are red and white (so it's the wrong shade of red, but it's still red nonetheless). They have a great and proud tradition. When they were winning, they did it the same way we did it with a powerful option attack. They have, for the most part, great fans who respect the game of football period, regardless of win or lose. It's hard not to like that about them. Plus, it's good for the conference when they are good, and it's good for OU when we are able to have a quality game with them.

I just hate to see what happened to us in the 90's now happening to them. They DEFINITELY need to fire Pederson and Callahan. They have ruined Nebraska and need to go.

85sooners
10/7/2007, 07:00 PM
:eek:

RacerX
10/7/2007, 07:30 PM
For some reason I thought Callenbergers first team was 6-5 not 5-6.Still if he takes a nosedive to below .500 for the second time in three years, he and the AD should be history.KC if you think they are going to go at least 2-4 the rest of the way,you have more faith in the Bugeaters than I do.Even if they go 6-6 and go to a bowl they could still end up 6-7.

BTW KC who do see them beating?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_Cornhuskers_football#Season_results

stoopified
10/7/2007, 08:03 PM
i don't necessarily see them beating team x or y, i just don't think they'll lose all those games. as you say, 2-4 is all they need to play the Houston Bowl.

i don't think they are THAT bad. but, i could be wrong.

I do know that CU will be licking their chops to get a scuffling Bugeaters in Boulder.
To me their D makes TT look like THE PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS.

Curly Bill
10/7/2007, 09:18 PM
Nebish will somehow manage to win at least two of those games. Now if they don't will I hate it? Nope!

Then again...maybe I would hate it because I'd love to see them beat Saxet and aTm.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 10:08 PM
They could easily lose the rest of those games and for our benefit, I hope they do. Our own SOS as well as the respect for whoever we play in the CCG will be much better and that can't help but increase our odds at the title game.

Veritas
10/7/2007, 10:34 PM
I've really wanted to believe, but after watching the last three games, I see nothing to believe in. Nebraska can't clean house soon enough.

I do greatly fear a losing season. This type of play has become the norm, not the exception.