stoopified
10/7/2007, 02:33 PM
I grade 90-100 -A
89-80 -B
79-70 -C
69- 60- D
59 and below F

Offense-
QB-Bradford gets a 95,had to give him room to go up.

RB-The by committee attack gets a 85,inconsitency in running,lack of true recieving threat out of the backfield,need better blitz pickup.All this can and will improve as the season goes on.

TEs and WRs- rate around 82,too many dropped passes,poor blocking at times,evidenced by holding calls.

OL- Ballyhooed as nation's best,not quite there yet.An 87 score indicates that pass blocking is excellent,runblocking is inconsistant,too many penalties.

Playcalling-Excellent,maintaining good balance.Bob has lossened the reins,score is 93.
Overall offensive score 88.4 -B+

Defense

DL- Inconsistent is the key word here.On both run and pass rush OU's D-line varys from dominant to mediocre.Since it has been good enough to win I'm going 82 here.

LBs- Strength of the D,but thin depthwise and inconsistant on pass coverage-85.

DBs-Thought to be a strength before the year,has been the least consistent unit on the team.Time and again coverage busts occur,too often chances for big plays are missed-75. First caveat to note,OU has seen great passers in McCoy,Smith,.Good outings against Danniel,Harrell could raise score.Second thing to consider is inconsistent pass rush puts more pressure on DBs.Score -77 (barely above average at this point).

Defensive playcalling-above average for the most part-busts and missed plays,tackles not withstanding -84

Overall Defensive average- 80.8 - B-

Specail teams

Kicking-Hartley started lke a house on fire,has cooled considerably.His KOs are coming up short,FGs and XPs are becoming an adventure.Score I give is 82,would be lower but is based on all 6 games,not just last 2.

Punting - Cohen has been steady but not spectacular-85,aolid B

Coverages and returns-Punt returns have been terrible,coverage good.Kickoff returns excellent,coverage-average. 77-C+

Overall special teams score-81.3-B-

SOONERS OVERALL SCORE-(O avg +D avg+STavg,divide by 3)-82.4-B-.

I am kind of startled that I sored OU so low overall BUT this IS an HONEST attempt on my part to evaluate where we are at midseason.My B- tells me that IMHO we are playing OK but ubderachiving given OUr talent.

Collier11
10/7/2007, 03:27 PM
I grade 90-100 -A
89-80 -B
79-70 -C
69- 60- D
59 and below F

Offense-
QB-Bradford gets a 95,had to give him room to go up.

RB-The by committee attack gets a 85,inconsitency in running,lack of true recieving threat out of the backfield,need better blitz pickup.All this can and will improve as the season goes on.

TEs and WRs- rate around 82,too many dropped passes,poor blocking at times,evidenced by holding calls.

OL- Ballyhooed as nation's best,not quite there yet.An 87 score indicates that pass blocking is excellent,runblocking is inconsistant,too many penalties.

Playcalling-Excellent,maintaining good balance.Bob has lossened the reins,score is 93.
Overall offensive score 88.4 -B+

Defense

DL- Inconsistent is the key word here.On both run and pass rush OU's D-line varys from dominant to mediocre.Since it has been good enough to win I'm going 82 here.

LBs- Strength of the D,but thin depthwise and inconsistant on pass coverage-85.

DBs-Thought to be a strength before the year,has been the least consistent unit on the team.Time and again coverage busts occur,too often chances for big plays are missed-75. First caveat to note,OU has seen great passers in McCoy,Smith,.Good outings against Danniel,Harrell could raise score.Second thing to consider is inconsistent pass rush puts more pressure on DBs.Score -77 (barely above average at this point).

Defensive playcalling-above average for the most part-busts and missed plays,tackles not withstanding -84

Overall Defensive average- 80.8 - B-

Specail teams

Kicking-Hartley started lke a house on fire,has cooled considerably.His KOs are coming up short,FGs and XPs are becoming an adventure.Score I give is 82,would be lower but is based on all 6 games,not just last 2.

Punting - Cohen has been steady but not spectacular-85,aolid B

Coverages and returns-Punt returns have been terrible,coverage good.Kickoff returns excellent,coverage-average. 77-C+

Overall special teams score-81.3-B-

SOONERS OVERALL SCORE-(O avg +D avg+STavg,divide by 3)-82.4-B-.

I am kind of startled that I sored OU so low overall BUT this IS an HONEST attempt on my part to evaluate where we are at midseason.My B- tells me that IMHO we are playing OK but ubderachiving given OUr talent.

TEAM

Pass Blocking-A++ 4 Sacks allowed thru 6 games
Run Blocking C+ This area is troublesome to me
Running Backs-B+ Very few fumbles, some big plays
TE's and Rec-B Too many drops to get an A

DL- B- DT's have played well IMO, Ends have struggled at times
LB's - C+ Great against the run, pass coverage is horrible.
DB's- B Better IMO than some think, some of the trouble is because of a lack of a pass rush. Hawkins picking us apart is disconcerting

Individual

Bradford-what else can be said, his worst game he was 8-19 and should have been 13-19 due to drops. This guy is going to be good as long as our Line holds up for him in big games

Gresham-Get this guy the damn ball 5 times a game atleast

English- Great Great Great from what ive seen
Lofton-very good so far

Walker-the fact that we never hear his name is a good thing, he had one bad game and other than that he has played really well from what I can tell

Harris-Superstar

Overall

B+ Mizzou and Ok st are the two games left that worry me. IMHO if we win those two we are going 11-1. Daniels for Mizzou has me worried a little but I think we win by 10-14 if our D shows up in pass coverage