PDA

View Full Version : Colt Mccoy is...

The_Red_Patriot
10/7/2007, 12:46 PM
a great qb but I question his toughness. I have seen other players/qb's take worse shots and get back up with no problems. Bomar was one of the toughest kids I have seen. It really stood out last year against Kstate and A&M. It seems like he gets rattled easily.

There were a couple tackles made on him yesterday that by no means were hard shots. The one play that stands out was when he rolled out towards the sideline and somebody tripped him up and Colt just layed there as if Lawrence Taylor just blew him up on Tecmo Super Bowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-QG8pexCQA

Rogue
10/7/2007, 12:48 PM
I don't know. The kid is kind of a gamer. He may look like a 12 y.o. a'la Major Applewhite. I think he has been getting clobbered all year and is playing hurt.

JE did blow him up on that dead play that almost caused Mack to have the big one.

birddog
10/7/2007, 12:50 PM
i'm a big fan of colt but he does seem banged up an awful lot.

Rogue
10/7/2007, 12:51 PM
Great video. I think he's in a permanent state of wooziness this year.

Flagstaffsooner
10/7/2007, 12:56 PM
Them cats were hitting pretty hard.

tulsaoilerfan
10/7/2007, 12:56 PM
he's taken some pretty good shots the last few games.

aero
10/7/2007, 12:57 PM
You will look pretty foolish bagging on Colt McCoy. About like whorns saying Sam sucks. Ridiculous. McCoy takes more hits in a quarter than Sam will see all year. McCoy is a gamer and a pretty salty qb. He did enough for his team to win yesterday and the RRS will be very interesting the next few years with him and Sam.

Seamus
10/7/2007, 01:00 PM
Agree with Rogue. He may be a whorn, but he's a warrior and a competitor. More heart than the faggy little fan who made that video.

The_Red_Patriot
10/7/2007, 01:02 PM
I know he is a good qb but I just question his toughness. But, he did suffer a mild concussion last week which I have heard alot of people say if that were the case he should have sat yesterday.

Seems like even last year if you put one good shot on him it will screw him up mentally the rest of the game.

sooner n houston
10/7/2007, 01:06 PM
Colt seems like a gammer to me. You don't know what/where his injuries are. I don't think they had his throwing arm wrapped up like that just for fun. He also looked to me like his left shoulder may be injured. He had a very good game and concerns me for the future, when and if he has some solid line play in front of him.

OUAndy1807
10/7/2007, 01:07 PM
he's a young QB that's had his cage rattled. I think he'll be a good qb if he can get his nerves in check and his head back. I also think that bagging on him is a dick move.

jeremy885
10/7/2007, 01:11 PM
When he had time to throw yesterday, he seemed to be a decent qb in my opinion. Hit wise, I think Hybl and Bomar took more in 01 and 05.

OUAndy1807
10/7/2007, 01:15 PM
When he had time to throw yesterday, he seemed to be a decent qb in my opinion.

OK, I thought about this a little more and why I took such offense to him being questioned and this hit me:
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
C. McCoy (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=175772) 19/26 324 12.5 2 1

Those are damn good numbers, especially considering his 1 int while a little high was through the hands of his receiver and he did all of this with NO established running game.

jeremy885
10/7/2007, 01:20 PM
Wait till next year. The remaining 2 srs on their OL graduate, and it doesn't sound like they have any replacements.

PLaw
10/7/2007, 01:22 PM
Agree with Rogue. He may be a whorn, but he's a warrior and a competitor. More heart than the faggy little fan who made that video.

Ditto, he's seems to be a good kid. Maybe he can be an example for the gangsta criminal element they have down there.

BOOMER
PLaw

tnraider1
10/7/2007, 02:05 PM
I hope one day you have a child, and somebody makes fun of him......

colleyvillesooner
10/7/2007, 02:22 PM
Dude is a gamer. He was woozy in the 2nd half, but still made the plays he needed to. Nothing but respect for him here. I was actually yelling at Mack to get him out of there after one of the hits, cause he could barely stand after that and went right back to the huddle. NO ONE likes to see a kid get hurt.

SoonerBOI
10/7/2007, 02:23 PM
a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

LittleWingSooner
10/7/2007, 02:27 PM
Before yesterday I thought he telegraphed his passes and that he was more like a Chrissy Simms than a Major Applewhite. But he's a heck of a QB yesterday. OU was getting to him and had great coverage and he put the ball to where his receiver could make the catch only. There was several plays where OU had double coverage on a guy and he hits the pass. McCoy played great and he has earned my respect. He didn't play well against KSU but neither did the rest of his team.

fadada1
10/7/2007, 02:40 PM
he's definitely a major applewhite type. tough and competitive, just baby faced. i think most SOONERS agree they guy is good and we'd gladly take him if the poor bastard hadn't chosen the horns.

win or lose, the next 2 years with texas - sam v. ponyboy - should be great games... like we saw yeserday.

poor dude got clobbered last week. glad we could help him feel it a little more yesterday. but dude has game.

goingoneight
10/7/2007, 04:10 PM
Let's see you take hits from Nic Harris, DeMarcus Granger, Gerald McCoy and Auston English and get right back up.

Rhino
10/7/2007, 04:11 PM
I got nothin' against the kid. He's taken some brutal shots in his last eight games and still trots back to the huddle.

47straight
10/7/2007, 04:32 PM
He's a Major Applewhite? Does he scream at our cheerleaders to feel more like a man?

Yes, he did try hard to live up to the hype from last year. I'll give him a Mack Clap for that.

Crimson Kid
10/7/2007, 05:06 PM
I think colt is a hell of a QB, he played well yesterday and had me worried all game.

zeke
10/7/2007, 05:49 PM
Colt is a tough competitor, threw the ball very well yesterday. He took some pretty good shots as well.

Whoever made that video ought to have take just one of those hits & see how easy it is to be a QB in Div 1 football.

Sooner1979
10/7/2007, 06:29 PM
OK, I thought about this a little more and why I took such offense to him being questioned and this hit me:
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
C. McCoy (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=175772) 19/26 324 12.5 2 1

Those are damn good numbers, especially considering his 1 int while a little high was through the hands of his receiver and he did all of this with NO established running game.

Spek...Colt played a very solid game yesterday for being pretty banged up...I actually give him credit...

I was reading from a UT fan that Mack is a class act for congratulating Sam on a great game, and then they go on to say that Stoops would have never done that....B.S. Stoops went up to Colt and wished him well, he was not being interviewed on National TV at the moment, so maybe Mack was the only one actually seen doing his congratulating...

Stupid Horn fan for saying that Stoops did not congrat Colt and Mack did...Before Bob goes and talks to the media, he is talking and congratulating as many opposing players as possible...Even after losses...Stoops is a class act that does not need the media's attention while doing it...That is called integrity..."Doing something that you feel is right while nobody is watching". Bob Stoops is the epitimy of Integrity and Good Sport....

GrapevineSooner
10/7/2007, 08:58 PM
Colt McCoy = Major Applewhite - the unnecessary bravado.

AzianSooner
10/7/2007, 09:14 PM
He has no future in the NFL. With thoses mild/heavy concusion, he will not be picked.

I hope he get the best out of his career at Texass.

Animal Mother
10/7/2007, 09:19 PM
Colt can take some hits. I, on the other hand, cannot take anymore of Kate Bush singing. If she tried to reach notes that were any higher, she would need a ladder!
OBNOXIOUS !!!

sooneron
10/7/2007, 09:22 PM
he's a young QB that's had his cage rattled. I think he'll be a good qb if he can get his nerves in check and his head back. I also think that bagging on him is a dick move.
yep

handcrafted
10/7/2007, 09:30 PM
Like a 10 year old playing sports and when things don't go his way, he acts hurt or something.

There were a couple tackles made on him yesterday that by no means were hard shots. The one play that stands out was when he rolled out towards the sideline and somebody tripped him up and Colt just layed there as if Lawrence Taylor just blew him up on Tecmo Super Bowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-QG8pexCQA

I was told about this post by a mother...A MOTHER OF CHILDREN!!!!!

COME AFTER ME!!! I'M A MAN!!!!! [hairGel]

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 10:03 PM
I've got plenty against him, tons against him...and that plenty and that ton is a list of one: He's the texass QB and Mack's pedophile fantasy boy.

That said,
I think bashing him or giggling over an injury is classless. Cheering for injuries, hoping for injuries, etc. is so Miami, LSU, and Texass fan-like. My parents came home from a RRS is the 80s bitching about a group of Texas fans behind them cheering on an injury to a sooner player, can't remember who at the moment, but I do know that one of them got popped in the mouth by my uncle and shut the hell up.

LEt's make fun of him all we want, and lets use it to our advantage when his game is off due to injury, but let's not rag him too hard for being injury-prone...makes us sound like friggin' AD doubters before the draft.

SCOUT
10/7/2007, 10:22 PM
Saying that Colt is injury prone is a little inaccurate (use alternative Mike Gundy spelling here if you so choose). Colt has taken a beating over his last 8 games or so. Being beat up after getting pummled isn't being injury prone it is to be expected.

Colt is a solid QB who would do even better if he had better protection. The UT line this year reminds me of our line last year.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 10:40 PM
True enough, but my main point remains true...we have more class than everyone else and oughtta make sure and keep it that way.

setem
10/8/2007, 12:08 AM
I don't know. The kid is kind of a gamer. He may look like a 12 y.o. a'la Major Applewhite. I think he has been getting clobbered all year and is playing hurt.

JE did blow him up on that dead play that almost caused Mack to have the big one.

Who is JE?

Austin English blasted his *** on that dead play. The bar that I was at in Dallas was filled with Whornes...they all went nutts. Me and my buddies just laughed and laughed and laughed!!! It was pretty great! No flag was the right call on that play. How the hell was English gonna know the play was dead?

Crucifax Autumn
10/8/2007, 12:12 AM
You wanna know when I laughed? At the Charles fumble...I was rolling and barely able to dial the phone to my mom and to laugh at my sister. That was the funniest thing I've seen since the Chrissy interception.

StoopTroup
10/8/2007, 12:15 AM
Seeing a woman help him to the lockeroom kind of made me tear up.

GreaterState
10/8/2007, 12:15 AM
How the hell was English gonna know the play was dead?

Uh, because of all the whistles?

Seriously, if "I didn't hear the whistle" is enough for people to get away with cheap shots at the QB, then we got anarchy. Here's a flag, listen better next time.

Crucifax Autumn
10/8/2007, 12:21 AM
Blah-blah-blah....

If we were as unsporsmanlike as some of the texass anal roids think we are we woulda pulled a K-State. That or we woulda slammed his *** every time we were on their end of the field. It's not like we saw we could get away with it and pounded him the next 400 times he couldn't glance at the play clock or his offensive line flinched from the absolute terror they were experiencing.

SouthFortySooner
10/8/2007, 12:29 AM
It appeared to me the reason English didn't finish is because Colt didn't either. Check and see. Was he not in fact still in the "I'm looking for a receiver" mode.

A Sooner in Texas
10/8/2007, 12:30 AM
Uh, because of all the whistles?

Seriously, if "I didn't hear the whistle" is enough for people to get away with cheap shots at the QB, then we got anarchy. Here's a flag, listen better next time.

Uh, because he didn't hear the whistle and because he was moving fast at a target that hadn't shown signs of pulling up because the whistle had blown?

If the ref had thought it was a cheap shot, wouldn't he have thrown his hanky?

Nobody likes cheap shots, but nobody -- except whorn fans who are looking for every excuse -- thinks it was intentional.

Crucifax Autumn
10/8/2007, 12:35 AM
Exactly...If it was like that he'd have nailed him every time until he was hauled off on a stretcher.

Jewstin
10/8/2007, 01:15 AM
Colt gets mad props from me. He played a helluva game despite an obvious concussion and ****ed up arm last week against KState (the way he went down on that arm reminded me of Hybl going down the same way in the 2001 RRS).

As for the late hit, you can't hardly blame English for 1,) not hearing the whistle and 2,) Colt looking down field, cocked to make a pass. He obviously didn't hear it till late, either. When you're blasting full speed with a helmet on, between the crowd noise and the wind rushing through your ear hole, it's difficult to hear.

IronSooner
10/8/2007, 01:27 AM
I was really impressed that Colt finished the game too. I honestly didn't think he would. Congrats to the kid for gutting it out.

OUTromBoNado
10/8/2007, 01:52 AM
Colt really impresses me...he's a tough hombre. He always takes some brutal hits, but keeps playing very well. On that roll out play when he got tripped up and looked hurt...I think he was more just out of breath...that's the way it looked to me.

I respect that stuff. Not many people can take hits like that repeatedly and still play that well.

setem
10/8/2007, 02:04 AM
He is def a gamer! The kid really does have a lot of heart and you gotta respect that!

Leroy Lizard
10/8/2007, 02:32 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9byZiJj4Vxw

Notice that McCoy seems to be the only player that quit playing when the whistle went off.

jeremy885
10/8/2007, 08:29 AM
There was a ref right behind Colt. If he heard the whistle by the other refs or thought it was a cheap shot, he would have throw a flag.

Colt looked ok, but I was more concerned with the tx return man. I swear every time we did a kick off, i thought he would return it due to our crappy special teams play.

redblood
10/8/2007, 12:23 PM
Tuff young man and very talented. Just hope Mack allows him to heal.

47straight
10/8/2007, 01:37 PM
Another thing is that the OU and UT lineman, in English's line of sight, were still going at it.

However, the most telling fact is that the referee (Referee, behind the offensive line) had not signalled the play dead until the hit. Obviously he didn't hear the whistle either. He was running up to spot the ball after the sack. Hard for an official to call a late hit for a whistle that he himself didn't hear.

SouthFortySooner
10/8/2007, 03:29 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9byZiJj4Vxw

Notice that McCoy seems to be the only player that quit playing when the whistle went off.

Good video. Understand I am not "pumped" about this play. There was a lot going on. I am glad he was not injured by it. If it had happened to Sam the same way I would have busted a vessel. To finish the statement Colt is... tough.