PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's observations and thoughts.

salth2o
10/7/2007, 09:14 AM
1. We run off tackle a lot on first and second down. I hope a fake to that and a bootleg pass is in the near future. The Texas backside DE's rarely kept contain when we ran away from them.

2. We run the quick out with great precision. The out and up should be next!

3. There is NOT enough room for someone who is 6'5" to fit in the seats in Section 1.

4. Seats on row 66 are teh succ.

5. Mr. PA announcer, thanks for trying to encite a riot after the game by demanding that 80,000+ fans leave the Cotton Bowl immediately because of bad weather.

KantoSooner
10/7/2007, 09:27 AM
Why don't we run the reverse again? It seemed to work back early.

Blues1
10/7/2007, 09:38 AM
I was going to start a thread saying "Who's going to Coach the Cornheads next year" --- But for now I will just slip it in here until NU lose's a few more games...... :) -- Don't need a bunch cornhuskers on the board right now....Plus to tell the truth Mizzou does scares me - Their Crazy offense can be dangeous JMHO...!! -- Hope we have everyone healthy for next Saturday....?? --- Have Fun & Keep Rockin'

aero
10/7/2007, 10:04 AM
Seemed texas was plan was to stop the run and make Sam beat them, which he did when allowed to pass, but it seemed like we were forcing the run and texas was just fine with that. I thought we should have been passing more on 1st/2nd down until the loosened up their line support and then pound them with Murray and Brown. But I guess that's why I'm getting paid millions to be an OC.

mOUse
10/7/2007, 11:10 AM
I wish the would have posted stats and other game scores on the new million dollar scoreboard! I think they only posted stats just before the 2nd half.

MextheBulldog
10/7/2007, 11:39 AM
Seemed texas was plan was to stop the run and make Sam beat them, which he did when allowed to pass, but it seemed like we were forcing the run and texas was just fine with that. I thought we should have been passing more on 1st/2nd down until the loosened up their line support and then pound them with Murray and Brown. But I guess that's why I'm getting paid millions to be an OC.

Yeah, they admitted as such that was their defensive gameplan. After going deep about 5 times in the first half, we backed off it, then went to it again in the 4th. But, i'm with you, we coulda been even more aggressive yesterday..

cburgsooner
10/7/2007, 11:56 AM
We need to wear Crimson Shirts . not gray or white. Sitting in Sec 32 and watching DM running towards me put goosebumps on me

meoveryouxinfinity
10/7/2007, 12:01 PM
During my freshman year at OU I was at some meeting thing for engineers in OKC and the spokesman said "well we have to wrap it up... there is a tornado on the ground about 5 miles southwest of here.. be safe driving back to Norman..."

:(