PDA

View Full Version : You wanna see a fanbase come apart at the seams (again)?

JohnnyMack
10/7/2007, 08:58 AM
Go here ---> http://www.orangepower.com

royalfan5
10/7/2007, 09:02 AM
www.huskerpedia.com would also be an acceptable answer.

fadada1
10/7/2007, 09:04 AM
i was curious earlier today.

somebody needs to slap them across the face and tell them that money doesn't buy championships, tradition, or success. imo, facilities are window dressing. it's underneath that counts - hard work, motivation, tradition (again).

much like rocky v. the russian. you can have the best training/equipment money has to buy, and you still will get you butt kicked. figure it out okstate, you may win a few rounds, but you will never win the whole fight.

aurorasooner
10/7/2007, 09:12 AM
I've been reading the Husker rivals board this morning and the gist is do they dump the slasher now because it will take another 5 years to rebuild or keep him. Best thing to happen to us was a 1-year-left Keller signing on at Nebraska instead of OU. I was watching him earlier this year and he reminds me of Bomar. Both of them were/are going to do-it-all and throw it right through DBs instead of over or around them. And even though the corn O only put up 6 on Missouri, Nebraska's problem is not on O but on D. There's no way they can compete on the Big 12 scene, much less on the national scene with that defense. I still can't believe USC made it look easy in Lincoln, and got stung in LA by lowely Stanford.

jk the sooner fan
10/7/2007, 09:37 AM

looks a little bit like this place 2 saturdays ago

SoonerBOI
10/7/2007, 10:03 AM

Total OP.com meltdown!:D

badger
10/7/2007, 10:07 AM
This is wonderful. :D
Makes pokes wanna puke! [hairGel]
What are the Pokes now, 3-3? What a Fran-tastic record!
:les: They'll go against any sucker in the country!
Yes, and then lose on national television in embarrassing fashion.
Of course, they know all about national embarrassments already :eddie: [hairGel] :stunned:
But thank you, Pokes, for saving Fran's job for another week.
We really didn't do too well against that other guy they had :rcmad:
Now, how to celebrate?
:mack: :mack: :mack: 28-21!28-21!28-21!28-21!28-21!28-21!28-21!28-21!Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em

Leroy Lizard
10/7/2007, 10:13 AM
Keller is probably one of the few players on the team that plays well. He would have worked out at OU.

fadada1
10/7/2007, 10:17 AM
i loved how they were talking about "this game is for first place in the south" last night. THAT, after ONE GAME into conference play.

while that might be true, this is a marathon. now if i positioned myself correctly, and sprinted "balls to the wall" for a good 30 seconds, i might be able to say i lead the NYC marathon. unfortunately, my $165 million nike running shoes, rusty knees, and a half empty cheering section IS NOT going to propel me to victory no matter how good i think i am for that first 30 seconds.

RedRum
10/7/2007, 10:18 AM
It makes me chuckle when an Aggie titles a thread:

I will not accept mediocrity any longer

MextheBulldog
10/7/2007, 10:22 AM
It was interestin' to watch two coaches make critical decisions that affected the outcome of the game.

OSU down 24-20, 4th and goal with 2:30 to go, they kick the FG and lose by 1.

LSU down 24-21, 4th and goal with 1:30 to go, they go for it (kinda crazy) but they make the TD and win the game.

fadada1
10/7/2007, 10:23 AM

heh. they better get used to it... because their neck deep in it.

ArkanSooner
10/7/2007, 10:36 AM
www.hogville.net/yabbse is a pretty amusing site, too.

They struggled with UT-Chattanooga (who had lost to D-II Carson-Newman, Jacksonville State, and were blown out by the Citadel), and Darren McFadden (who had 25 carries but was still outgained by UTC's back) is questionable for the Auburn game now after suffering a hairline fracture in his ribs.

badger
10/7/2007, 10:40 AM

Ok, let's assume you're talking about either the OSU Aggies or the Texas A&M Aggies.

Have you seen the A&M intro video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2NajxVKL1c&mode=related&search=)?

This is a team that, we can assume from this intro video, lives off the fact that they've
1- Won the national championship in 1939.
2- Had Bear Bryant and the Junction Boys
3- Had a Heisman Trophy winner.
4- Beat Texas 12-7

And we know our own OSU Aggies well. They live off the fact that they have more (wrestling) championships than us, beat us a few times (when Lester was coach) and the fact that basketball season is just around the corner.

When you haven't won championships AT ALL or in the past almost-70 years, why do you think your program should be as good as Oklahoma or Texas? Are you really that dumb, or is your higher education institution doing a bad job of making you smarter? Pick a different sport to be good at. OSU, you can be good at wrestling (although we'll still come close). A&M, you can be good at... um, marching? Yes, MARCHING, now that your basketball team is going to suck again. Forget football. Take the South Carolina approach - set MODEST goals, don't pressure your coach into early retirement and give your team a situation where they can SUCCEED! This means...

1- You are NOT in contention for yearly championships, conference or otherwise (yet).
2- You are NOT going to be able to win every single game (yet).
3- You are NOT going to be ranked in the top 5, or even top 10, at any point during the season.

Stop trying to be a team that you clearly ARE NOT. You are NOT championship caliber, A&M and OSU. You are NOT a top program, you are NOT going to win every game and you are NOT going to win championships with your impossible expectations. Yoda is NOT your jedi master and you cannot lift your spaceship out of the swamp - it is just too big. Size matters yes, losers.

Ash
10/7/2007, 10:41 AM
Anybody else notice that John Blake is posting over there?

fadada1
10/7/2007, 10:51 AM
Anybody else notice that John Blake is coaching over there?
who knew???

Ash
10/7/2007, 11:20 AM
who knew???

Heh. But not all that surprising, right?

MichiganSooner
10/7/2007, 12:36 PM
How about this OrangePower thread: "Can this team/coaches handle success?"

The consensus of their fans is "NO".

My question: what success? You guys beat a Div 1AA team and Florida Atlantic and call that success? You give up 800+ yards to Tech and get lucky on one incompletion that happens as time expires to barely win at your own stadium (ok, field) and you call that success?

tommieharris91
10/7/2007, 12:53 PM
The only thing they've ever been successful at is attacking the media.

tulsaoilerfan
10/7/2007, 12:55 PM
I hope they enjoyed their 1 week stay atop the South. :)

jeremy885
10/7/2007, 12:59 PM
I love this quote from orangepower.

"OState Football seems to be an aberration in the free market. The product can continue to suck or even get worse, and yet the price goes up!"

MichiganSooner
10/7/2007, 01:00 PM
One thing I can say, they are optimistic.

http://www.o-state.com/forum/

Look at this tread entitled "2008 Official FB Schedule Released" and the comment,"if we can get by Missouri, we should be 7-0".

AlbqSooner
10/7/2007, 01:09 PM

Wasn't that the reason Nebbish traded Solich for Clownahan? :D

aurorasooner
10/7/2007, 01:15 PM
This Stool State fan has the right idea. I can't wait to see what the OSU marketing light bulbs do to get aggies to buy those high-priced tickets and show up at the Boone-pic if the Pokes Choke another one on the road in Lincoln next week. They've gotten some mileage out of the "greatest offense in the world" and "I'm a man, I'm 40", I can't wait to hear what the new "finger in the dike" spin will be this week.
WAHOOS14
Post #120

I've figured out how to be a happy OSU fan
I wasn't able to watch the game last night due to a prior commitment with some friends. So I recorded it on the DVR.

Got home, saw the score and decided not to even watch the game. Read a little bit about it on the internet and now I'm good. No anger. No resentment. Heck, I was even congenial to my A&M friends at church.

I'm telling you, this is a true revelation. From here on out, I'm recording every game and will live the rest of my life stress/anger free. I will never again have to watch yet another half time collapse to a Texas team. :D :D :D :D :D :D

tommieharris91
10/7/2007, 01:16 PM
ROFL at them thinking they can win at Georgia.

RedRum
10/7/2007, 01:24 PM
Have you seen the A&M intro video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2NajxVKL1c&mode=related&search=)?

OOOhhh, all the great moments in Aggieland history. Everyone of them in monochrome. Nice
:D

LittleWingSooner
10/7/2007, 01:55 PM
You have to be together at one point to fall apart don't you?

bluedogok
10/7/2007, 02:10 PM
The only thing they've ever been successful at is having a persecution complex.
Fixed that for ya....

stoops the eternal pimp
10/7/2007, 02:16 PM
At least They have Gundy, Protector of Children

silverwheels
10/7/2007, 02:18 PM

I laughed at that as well.

Hey, OSU, guess what? Being mediocre is what you do.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/7/2007, 02:27 PM
So I take it he is no longer America's coach

BoomerGirl34
10/7/2007, 02:37 PM
So I take it he is no longer America's coach

At this point, he's not even Payne County's coach anymore.:D

fadada1
10/7/2007, 02:44 PM
I hope they enjoyed their 1 week stay atop the South. :)
they've probably already made medals or t-shirts.

A Sooner in Texas
10/7/2007, 02:52 PM
The only thing they've ever been successful at is attacking the media.

And, of course, cheatin' OU and those horrible, mean Sooner fans. :)

KRYPTON
10/7/2007, 03:17 PM
dereeeted.

handcrafted
10/7/2007, 03:29 PM

A very little bit.

We had a few people with blowtorches but I would not consider us to have "melted down". Mostly we were analytical and supportive.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/7/2007, 03:32 PM
Keller is probably one of the few players on the team that plays well. He would have worked out at OU. I wouldnt want Keller anywhere near this team, he's a very selfish person and theres a good reason why he was ousted by his teammates at Arizona state. Plus, why do you say hes playing well? He has looked pretty crappy in all of Nebraska's big games this year. I am embarrased to be a nebraska fan, thank god OU is having a good season, but Callahan and Peterson need to be fired ASAP. Its not like this is some knee jerk reaction, but Callahan has done nothing but brought that program down.

Newbomb Turk
10/7/2007, 03:35 PM
I think we have turned a major corner based on the first half on both o and d.

only the pokes can "turn the corner" losing a game.

LittleWingSooner
10/7/2007, 03:37 PM
I wouldnt want Keller anywhere near this team, he's a very selfish person and theres a good reason why he was ousted by his teammates at Arizona state. Plus, why do you say hes playing well? He has looked pretty crappy in all of Nebraska's big games this year. I am embarrased to be a nebraska fan, thank god OU is having a good season, but Callahan and Peterson need to be fired ASAP. Its not like this is some knee jerk reaction, but Callahan has done nothing but brought that program down.

Yep no man has lowered the standards for Nebraska football more than Callahan. When Osborne was getting beat by Switzer in the 70s and 80s, Nebraska wouldn't lose many more other games. Under Callahan Nebraska has just been bad. They got lucky and won the North last year. But they weren't a really good team last year.

Newbomb Turk
10/7/2007, 03:38 PM
Seriously, if there was some kind of surgery I could have to identify and remove the OSU from my brain, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Once again my soul is crushed.

Too many times to even list.

quality entertainment over there.

Cam
10/7/2007, 06:10 PM
How about this OrangePower thread: "Can this team/coaches handle success?"

The consensus of their fans is "NO".

My question: what success? You guys beat a Div 1AA team and Florida Atlantic and call that success? You give up 800+ yards to Tech and get lucky on one incompletion that happens as time expires to barely win at your own stadium (ok, field) and you call that success?

To pokes, that is the definition of success.

kevpks
10/7/2007, 07:20 PM
They are currently performing a roll call for their true fans. All seven of them have answered so far.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=42018

OUmillenium
10/7/2007, 07:42 PM
i loved how they were talking about "this game is for first place in the south" last night. THAT, after ONE GAME into conference play.

while that might be true, this is a marathon. now if i positioned myself correctly, and sprinted "balls to the wall" for a good 30 seconds, i might be able to say i lead the NYC marathon. unfortunately, my $165 million nike running shoes, rusty knees, and a half empty cheering section IS NOT going to propel me to victory no matter how good i think i am for that first 30 seconds.

GOLD JERRY...GOLD!!

OUmillenium
10/7/2007, 07:47 PM
OOOhhh, all the great moments in Aggieland history. Everyone of them in monochrome. Nice
:D

It'll be fun watching those Dooshes in Norman this year watching a real pregame intro!!!!!!!!!!!

There is only 1 OKLAHOMA

tulsaoilerfan
10/7/2007, 08:56 PM
only the pokes can "turn the corner" losing a game.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Classic.

Crimson Kid
10/7/2007, 09:08 PM
What's to look at? we did the same thing here when the buffs beat us. :D

Animal Mother
10/7/2007, 09:27 PM
What's to look at? we did the same thing here when the buffs beat us. :D

Are you kidding?

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 10:05 PM
Not like that...we looked like a-holes, but not collossal a-holes. And I personally drank more Kool Aid last week than I did the weeks before. I'm a Sooner, win or lose.

Those guys are losers, win or lose.

StuIsTheMan
10/7/2007, 10:09 PM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D gasp:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

How true brother...

http://disney-clipart.com/Chicken-Little/Disney-Chicken-Little-Sky-Falling.jpg

sooneron
10/7/2007, 10:12 PM
You gotta love it when you see this on Huskerpedia!!

http://rpggame.wolfpaw.net/images/AnnakenHeyndricks_sm.jpg

StuIsTheMan
10/7/2007, 10:13 PM
isn't that john smith?

Sooner in Tampa
10/7/2007, 10:15 PM
you have forgotten about www.wearesc.com

they are really in denial.

goingoneight
10/7/2007, 10:24 PM
At least They have Gundy, 40-year-old father of Children

Fixed. ;)

goingoneight
10/7/2007, 10:29 PM
They are currently performing a roll call for their true fans. All seven of them have answered so far.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=42018

Quickly... RAISE TICKET PRICES AND ADD 20,000 MORE SEATS!!! [hairGel]

ouwasp
10/7/2007, 10:54 PM
to paraphrase Seinfeld...

"That's gold, T. Boone, GOLD!" :D

bluedogok
10/7/2007, 10:57 PM
That was Kenny Bania :D

Sooner in Tampa
10/7/2007, 11:02 PM
This funny...2010

Gundy = Blake??? I have said and I will continue to say that I will give Gundy until 2010

bluedogok
10/7/2007, 11:17 PM
You want to see another fanbase in meltdown mode? (Denver) Broncos Country (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5). The Plummer apologists are having a field day over there.

StuIsTheMan
10/7/2007, 11:22 PM
I like cheese...

soonergirlNeugene
10/8/2007, 02:56 AM
Well it didn't take long for the dismay to give way to the same old aggie BS. :rolleyes:

Re: Spud vs. DeMarco Murray
Murray is good, but Spud is special.

Re: Spud vs. DeMarco Murray
Murray looks good against teams who can't defend the run. Spud looks good against everyone.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/8/2007, 06:48 AM
This is that Godspeace on orangepower's signature:

Cause after we get done running the program into the ground with Gundy, we are going to cancel football altogether and just rename the school, University of Oklahoma North. That way, when the Squats play at home and there are no more seats, we will have this great stadium to put the overflow from Norman into so we can watch the game on the Four Jumbotrons.

JohnnyMack
10/8/2007, 09:44 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D gasp:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

How true brother...

No. It was just a loss. A disappointing loss yes, but not one that shook the foundations of the fanbase like the downward spiral Aggie Lite is in.

But whatever.